Moore, Ford still not practicing

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 at 10:38 am in Oakland Raiders.

If wide receivers Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore are going to play in the regular-season opener Monday night, it’s going to be on two days’ practice, at best.
Moore and Ford are not practicing today once again, Moore with a lingering hamstring injury and Ford with a sore foot.
Given the Raiders are off Wednesday, Ford and Moore are down to two full practices before the Raiders throttle down Saturday with a light practice.
Moore seems closer to returning than Ford, given he has been running in recent days. Ford still hasn’t been cleared to run, though he is out of the protective boot that he had been wearing on his left foot.

– Center Stefen Wisniewski and defensive tackle Richard Seymour are practicing today for the second straight day. That bodes well for their playing Monday night.
Wisniewski had been out since Aug. 13, when he suffered a calf injury against the Dallas Cowboys. Seymour missed more than two weeks with a sore knee after making an appearance in a game against the Arizona Cardinals on Aug. 17.

– Kicker Sebastian Janikowski is not at practice. Coach Dennis Allen excused Janikowksi for personal reasons. Not to worry, he is expected to rejoin the team well in time to get ready for the game Monday night.

– Allen is not speaking with the media today. Therefore, we will deliver interesting quotes from numerous players soon after practice ends.

– Teams are required to let the media watch at least 30 minutes of practice each day throughout the regular season. Most, if not all, teams limit the media-access period to the allotted 30 minutes.
Given part of that time is dedicated to stretching and running, it’s difficult to glean much information from in-season practices.
Media typically get the boot once full-team drills commence.

– The Raiders entered today $6 million under the salary cap. However, that figure will drop later today, when all teams are required to count more than their top 51-salaried players.
Teams now have to account for all 53 players on the roster, as well as those on injured-reserve and any other list.
Still, the Raiders will have enough money to make a few more moves, if the need arises.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

Tiger Woods told USA TODAY in an interview “I get juiced up for any Raider game.” “I text them to see if they are OK and I get texts back while they are in the locker room getting worked on. They text stuff like they are getting bandaged up and they don’t know if they are going to be able to play but they are going to try.”…………………
    Wood’s said he is optimistic for this year. “We have a pretty good offense,” Woods said. “If we stay healthy we could be very good.” “Now if we could only stop somebody…”

• eastoaklandraider

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 12:57 pm
    eastoaklandraider Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 12:56 pm
    guess mcclain is in the clear i would think a decision would have been handed down by now huh?

—-

Doesnt go on trial til 2013..

Cant suspend him for allegations, and his first arrest.
    ___________________

makes sense

• Thec

what up East??? you okay after the storm Bruh?

• guest123

“IF” pats go winslow, shianecoe gets cut.

*********

Schiancoe ain’t goin anywhere. He got a $400,000 signing bonus check just for showing up to camp. Pat’s won’t throw away that kind of money on a camp body.

• eastoaklandraider

Tiger being a Raider fan doesnt help his image much if he wants to help change his image root for the whiners Tiger.

• eastoaklandraider

Thec Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    what up East??? you okay after the storm Bruh?
    _____________

what up thec yeah man we straight down here storm didnt hit us dead on we just had a lil wind and rain but thanks for askn.

• Thec

From a business perspective, and finnancial considerations, I doubt we bring anyone in before gameday.

• guest123

Kellen Winslow is a washed up prima donna TE who won’t block for anyone, won’t practice on Wednesdays because he thinks he’s above it, taps his helmet after every catch, biotches at the coaches and teammates if he’s not getting targeted. He’s a cancer who doesn’t realize he’s barely worth league min salary.

• Thec

++++++++

Glad to hear it.

• chargerschoke

We should have division lead by week 5 bye, ponies, sparks, and squaws have very tough road schedules early in season. We beat sparks and ponies early and it’s a cruise to playoffs! We have players not afraid to hit now!

• Thec

guest123 Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

++++++++

Winslows does not fit the current org mantra.

We want character guys, football players, not characters.

• eastoaklandraider

Man I wish I was back in the bay I would definitely be going to this game. luckily its on mnf so at least I can watch our opener they only show saints dolphins falcons titans cowboys and texans in this region.

• Thec

eastoaklandraider Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

+++++++++

That sounds like some form of torture.
    F all those dumb teams.
    As you know, interweb is a great source for game day viewing.

• Thec

I have to be out again.

ALL you guys take care.

1 NATION

• YoungAmerican

Shiancoe just went on IR.

• eastoaklandraider

I say sign winslow if we can get him cheap character issuses be damned I think DA could handle him, what do yall call him? general Patton thats what coaches are for see phil jackson handling DRodman and Ron Artest.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Thec Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 12:57 pm
    patriots are attempting to change football…

They may go 5 TE’s

=========================================

Pat Kirwan said in today’s column that more teams may be going with a 12 package instead of an 11 this season because they prefer the matchup a TE gives them vs a typical slot corner. Belichick may be ahead of the curve here.

• DennisAllensVisor

Says something that the Pats brought in Winslow, with Cooley available.

• eastoaklandraider

peace out thec holla at you later

• Dakota

Bilicheat collects TEs like Gruden collected QBs.

• eastoaklandraider

Thec Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    eastoaklandraider Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:08 pm

+++++++++

That sounds like some form of torture.
    F all those dumb teams.
    As you know, interweb is a great source for game day viewing.
    ——————

ive tried a few viptvbox and one more but they both sucked to much pausing.

• YoungAmerican

If the Raiders are going to Keep 5 WRs, they should keep 4 TEs. In my opinion, anyway.

• Raid uh Max

If I see run up the middle right, run up the middle left, check down pass, punt to open up the game Monday I’m going to be pissed.

• Raid uh Max

Oops my bad, I meant play action roll out check down pass.

• oakfoshow

Better pick up a couple of wideouts.Face it,ford is a VGina,and Moore hasnt seen any kind of practice since minicamp.Probably wont do jack this year.Great decision on Murphy huh.

• DennisAllensVisor

YoungAmerican Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

—-

One could make a case that Marcel is the 5th WR & 4th TE..

• oakfoshow

#123. unless mcfadden is getting big runs,what you decribed is probably what your gunna see.Than carson rolls to his left eyes down streater and PICK. I will be really pissed.

• Raid uh Max

We went from being predictable on defense(which was or downfall last year) to being predictable on offense. You can’t use a predictable system and hope to be successful. If Greg knapp is unable to mix it up and be creative on game day then we will be back to 14 to 21 points a game. Which isn’t going to win very many games. AL SAUNDERS for OC! All in favor say EYE!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

YoungAmerican Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

They have 5 WRs, 3 TEs, and 2 FBs.

• oakfoshow

EYE.Im in favor of that right now,might as well get it over with because i predict Knapp is not calling plays by week 10.Not all his fault,drippy lippy messed up bad with this wr cor.

• Raid uh Max

Greg Knapp is just another one of those copy cat guys who try to mimic anothers successful system. Which is rarely accomplished. Which also implicates that he isn’t very creative.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

LOL at everyone pining after Murphy. He’d be no better than the sixth wideout for us, and we didn’t even keep six.

• Raider Dawg

NFL Sunday Ticket, man! I haven’t missed a Raiders game in almost two decades.

• DennisAllensVisor

NFL Sunday Ticket for Free :)

Thank you Viacom.

• oakfoshow

Trade ford for one new england’s tightends.

• http://www.djsulli.com/ Silverandblack666

“AL SAUNDERS for OC! All in favor say EYE!”

You got my vote!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

YA,

I wasn’t impressed with Logan Thomas, and I don’t think he is 1st round talent based on yesterday’s game.

• oakfoshow

Raiderduck. I’d rather go with a guy who won the starting job last year than an undrafted rookie.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Occupy bowel movement calling 0 ba ma a traitor.

lol @ the vermin eating their own!

mope & change
    2012

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Oakfoshow Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

===========================================

Disagree. Streater has the potential to be really good. Murphy is a big ol’ slab of mediocrity.

• YoungAmerican

Raider O Says:
    September 4th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

YA,

===========

I hesitate to scout a guy based on one game, but those accuracy issues are something he’s going to have to fix. He’s only a couple years removed from playing TE, so he looks like a prospect who’s going to take some development. Could definitely scare teams away from using a 1st round pick on him, in spite of his rare physical traits.

• oakfoshow

I really hope streater proves me wrong,but history says very unlikely.Undrafted rookie with 19 catches in college.Logic says not ganna happen captain.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

New post.

• kidseven

Criner is real. Hope he can go. Streater is solid, but Criner can be spectacular. Would love to see a healthy Ford, DMoore and Criner lineup some day, but that’s apparently too much to ask.

• oakfoshow

“Streater is solid” Yea,cause he has proven that with those 19 catches in college. WHEW I feel better.

• mcfadden20.

We will be okay on O , lots of drives were stalled by not punching it in, in the red zone and throwing stupid ints

• kidseven

Agree with Oakfoshow–I don’t see Streater playing much after a few of these other guys get healthy. I love his hands, but IMO, people were getting a little too excited about his simply catching the ball.

It’s sad that’s it’s come to that for Raider WRs, but if you can stay healthy and make the simple catches you’re the next Tim Brown.

Even DHB, with his very questionable hands, is much more valuable than Streater at this point because he’s a real threat to put points on the board even on those comeback routes. Playmakers are where he value is at. That’s why I think Criner will be a much bigger deal than Streater in the end.

• kidseven

By “solid” I mean reliably catches passes–nothing more. Preseason doesn’t mean much, but doing reasonably well against other teams staters is a good indication–probably as much as college success.