Hagan says he signed with Raiders

Former Raiders wide receiver Derek Hagan sent out a Tweet that said he has re-signed with the Raiders. If so, the Raiders aren’t saying.
The Raiders wouldn’t confirm nor deny Hagan’s breaking news. Hagan spent the past year or so with the Buffalo Bills after he was released by the Raiders.
The signing would make sense, naturally, given three of the five receivers on the Raiders 53-man roster are injured right now and the team’s first game is Monday night.

Steve Corkran

• Just Fire Baby

Anyone else have the feeling that if Al were still around, we would have already issued a team statement talking about Art Modell?

Al loved to talk up his old crusty fellow owners.

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am
    What’s good man? Nice post man, I’d agree they’re going to be better all around. Still have to work out the ST kinks, but at least they have ample time to fix the issues. I’m looking for the Raiders to kick some dolts azz and win by double digits!

==================

Yeah Tx, been rediculous busy here. I post at work when I get time. Lately when I get a chance, I come in here and it’s alot of Crank Waiving and I leave.

I agree, ST was aweful; even for not having the roster set. Remember when ST was our best phase? When THAT was what kept us in the game? Big returns for TD’s, forced fumbles galore; even though we’d recover a fumble at the 15 and get a feild goal outta the deal. something about wearing the Silver and Black also…..Seems to make return men just cough up the football. I swear to Gawd, I’ve never seen another team fumble SOOO consistantly on KR and PR. Anymore, I see a guy catch the kick and run into the wedge and I’m like
    “Alright, put TWO hands on it, don’t……”
    BALL-OUT ……”GAWD DAMNIT ! ! !”

—————————-
    LOL No kidding, I’m convinced that the issues on ST have to do with Fassel leaving the team, dude was a very good coach. However, I’ll wish this new guy the best since he won’t have 4th stringers out there in real games. I’m happy the signed Hagan, wish we had an upgrade over Goodson though.

• guest123

Al pretty much outlived all his contemporaries. The most notable was George Steinbrenner who shared the same birthday. I think after that Al knew that death was knocking at the door soon.

• TxRaider210

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 7:59 am

Al loved to talk up his old crusty fellow owners.

————————
    Bring in the fkn projector Amy!lol

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Signing confirmed:

OAKLAND RAIDERS
    The Oakland Raiders have signed WR Derek Hagan.
    just now from TweetDeck

• TxRaider210

Klas Tjorborn Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am
    Klas feels like gangster in Ostersund when he walks down street repping his Marinovich jersey.

————————-
    Klas

It’s not the jersey they fear, it’s the Bow and arrow you carry bro!

• guest123

So it’s safe to say that any interest in Jabbar Gaffney or Tiquan Underwood just evaporated. That ship has sailed, right?

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Guest123 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:02 am

============================================

Probably, unless we suffer another WR injury.

And I STILL like the Murphy trade. Hagan’s better, anyway.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

TxRaider210 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:02 am
    Klas Tjorborn Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am

————————-
    Klas

It’s not the jersey they fear, it’s the Bow and arrow you carry bro!
    ——
    Could be that too. LOL

• TxRaider210
  • http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Francies waved to make room for Hagan.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Wish we signed Tiquan just because of his Kid N’ Play hair style:

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

RaiderDuck Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:05 am
    Francies waved to make room for Hagan.
    —-
    Makes sense.

• theghostronin79

Yeah, if the Hagan deal turns out to be official, I’ll be real happy about that. Shoot, I was happy last year at the prospect of him in our Corps for the year. Totally blindsided by the cut as most of us were.

Fassel did good enough to keep me happy, I kept comparing him to Schnieder though and was scrutinous of Fassel. NOW, I miss the guy. Gotta roll with what we got though. The bar is locked down, we’re on the coaster now and gonna ride it till it’s over. Let the season begin and leave everything out on the field. Time to unleash the SAVAGE

• hwnrdr

I hear ya Guest! I know that because all my family in SJ are Niner fans except for one…converted him last year, actually New Year’s Day as he came to our tailgate party!!! Still feel good about converting one!

• TxRaider210

Klas Tjorborn Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:04 am
    TxRaider210 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:02 am
    Klas Tjorborn Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 7:56 am

————————-
    Klas

It’s not the jersey they fear, it’s the Bow and arrow you carry bro!
    ——
    Could be that too. LOL

——————
    LOL They know you carry it incase a nasty Troll lurks in the Ice Forest on your way to work..

• oakfoshow

308 hagens better than Murphy..DAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.Child please!

• Just Fire Baby

I knew Francis’ roster spot was day to day.

I have a feeling he may be back if we have injuries.

• DJ Johnny

Klas,

Do u resemble that NFL Network guy who does those commercials saying “it’s serious fun”?

Is that guy supposed to Swedish…or what?

• guest123

RaiderDuck Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:05 am
    Francies waved to make room for Hagan.

********

Wow, I thought he was pretty versatile. Who returns kicks?

• TxRaider210

theghostronin79 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:06 am

————————-
    Hagan is official bro, dude has great hands and doesn’t play scared, just the guy they needed. Monday is going to be a brutal smack-down of the dolts!

• Al_is_theraiders

hagans is no way better than murphy…blind talk

• DJ Johnny

So we have Kawakami AND Adam Schefter picking the Texans to make the SB?

The zbs all the way to the SB.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Oakfoshow Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:08 am

=============================================

2011 Stats:

Hagan: 10 games played, 24 catches for 252 yards and 1 TD.
    Murphy: 11 games played, 15 catches for 241 yards and no TDs.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

New post.

• oakfoshow

2011 murphy= sports hernia.dummy.

• oakfoshow

need a new raiderduck,this one is not very bright.

• DJ Johnny

Interesting that Buffalo was looking at Hagan as their #2 starting wideout as late as one month ago.

“Coach Chan Gailey indicated that WR Derek Hagan is “working his tail off” and “pushing hard to be a big part of this offense.”Hagan has picked up where he left off in last year’s season finale (7 receptions, 89 yards), impressing since camp opened while earning Ryan Fitzpatrick’s trust. Rotoworld gives the early edge to Hagan in the battle with Donald Jones, Marcus Easley and T.J. Graham for snaps opposite Stevie Johnson.” There’s sleeper appeal here in deep leagues. Aug 2 – 7:52 PMSource: Buffalo Bills on Twitter

So…what happened?

• TxRaider210

Hagan’s stats are almost identical to Murphy’s, but he comes to us without alligator arms:)

• R8drinOK

RaiderDuck Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:04 am
    Guest123 Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:02 am

============================================

Probably, unless we suffer another WR injury.

And I STILL like the Murphy trade. Hagan’s better, anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hagen has better hands no doubt. Liked #18 but Murphy did not want to here anymore.

• R8drinOK

DJ Johnny Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:18 am

So…what happened?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buffalo’s loss… our gain. We needed a red zone guy and Hagan fits the bill.