Raiders make it official _ Hagan is back

Put away the X-box, Derek Hagan is back.

The Raiders confirmed Thursday they had signed the veteran wide receiver to a contract to shore up a position group that could be short-handed when they open the regular season Monday night against the San Diego Chargers.

Hagan, 27, made the Raiders with a strong training camp as a possession receiver last season and played in six games, catching 11 passes for 114 yards. He was cut to make room for T.J. Houshmandzadeh and finished the season with 13 catches for 138 yards and one touchdown in four games with the Buffalo Bills.

A strong veteran presence, Hagan falls in line with the type of attitudes sought by general manager Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen. Former coach Hue Jackson noted the serious nature displayed by Hagan during last year’s camp.

“He understands that instead of going in and playing X-Box at night and trying to figure out how to score on that video game, he goes in, takes his book, opens it and works on it,’’ Jackson said.

When asked about it by reporters, Hagan said, “I don’t play X-box too much. I do, but there’s no reason. We’re in training camp, and you shouldn’t even be playing video games. You got to get your study time in. This is my job, this is my profession and it’s something I love to do. I try to stick what I do best and that’s playing football.”

In seven seasons with Miami, the New York Giants, the Raiders and most recently Buffalo, Hagan has 109 receptions for 1,221 yards and six touchdowns. He played the final four games of the 2012 season in Buffalo with 13 catches for 138 yards and one touchdown.

The Raiders also reportedly looked at veteran wide receiver Jabar Gaffney Wednesday as they could enter their season opener against the San Diego short on receivers.

Denarius Moore (hamstring) and Jacoby Ford (foot) have been out for extended periods of time and rookie Juron Criner (ankle) has been hobbling in practice.

To make room for Hagan on the roster, cornerback Coye Francies was waived.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Intrepid

practicing in full or doing light work on the sidelines?/////////Levi knows his sch1t.

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Stefen Wisniewski at practice. Alex Parsons working with first-team offense.

• guest123

Criner practicing is good news as well!

agree Hwnrdr, great news all around.

OAKLAND RAIDERS‏@RAIDERS

WR Derek Hagan (#10) on the field for practice.

• oakfoshow

until streater and crinor show me they can make playes in a regular season game,Im not giveing them a thought.

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

Wisniewski snapping to Leinart with second team.

Intrepid Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:26 am

===============

He also knows good jeans

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

DHB and Streater still first team at wideout.

• mcfadden20.

We will be fine with Plax ..we don’t have roster spots to waste

• oakfoshow

The wisniewski thing makes me a happy man.

Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:27 am

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

Wisniewski snapping to Leinart with second team.
    ==========

Nooooooo
    Parsons is garbage. Gets blown the fk up on run plays.

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

Criner and Denarius enter with second team.

Nooooooo
    Parsons is garbage. Gets blown the fk up on run plays.
    +++++++

gets blown up on most plays….

Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:29 am

Nooooooo
    Parsons is garbage. Gets blown the fk up on run plays.
    +++++++

gets blown up on most plays….
    =======

Theres gotta be a better back up out there somewhere

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur

Janikowski back after birth of twins so only guy out is Jacoby Ford (foot). Assuming update on him won’t be great since they gave Hagan deal

=======

Theres gotta be a better back up out there somewhere

+++++++

Not crying over spilled milk however, I would take satele over PARSONS

• DMAC

Streater knows how to get open and has good hands. He’ll put nice #’s for us for years to come.
    I’m a believer!

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

So everyone’s back that was out before for #Raiders but Jacoby Ford.

• DMAC

I wonder what Knapp has in store for us? How will he utilize Reece da sleeper?

• DutchRaider77

Parsons?
    Maybe you guys are right, that we need a better backup for Wiz…but, isn’t it his first time playing center? Should we give him more time to get the hang of it? Wasn’t he a Guard/Tackle at USC? He was picked by Pat Kirwin to be the next John Randal (next great UDFA).

• oakfoshow

because he had 19 catches in college and a good preseson.sounds a tad naive to me.

So who’s out gunners?
    Lee and Hagan?

JCRINER, and RSTREATER = The Truth

oakfoshow Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:33 am

========

In your eyes, but not I.
    Streater is da truth.
    Heard it here 1st.

• mcfadden20.

Without^^^^*** plax

• oakfoshow

5th round pick,and undrafted free agent=The real Truth

Parsons?
    ========

Don’t know 2 much about the kid. Hopefully he’ll get it together sooner, than later. Barks is on the schit list 2. No more dead weight!

DMAC Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:33 am
    I wonder what Knapp has in store for us? How will he utilize Reece da sleeper?

+++++

3 WR set, DMO, DHB, and STREAT. Reece, and DMAC I-form.

CP3 audibles, REECE, then DMAC motion out.

• eastoaklandraider

Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:25 am

eastoaklandraider Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    I can’t call it thec you got the best hand bra. Thec I need a reliable website to watch the game this season I tried vipboxtv and one more they both sucked paused too much help me out bro.

+++++++++

I have had nothing but good with firstrowsports(dot)eu

the good about them is that they will put up 1-8 diffrent links at the top of the page. If one link does not work for you, then click on the other link.

Wort case scenario, you can listen to the radio play of the game.

105.3 live feed link for NATION games;

_______

Thanks bro ima give it a shot if all else fails ill be listening to Gpapa again this year.

• R8drinOK

DMAC Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:28 am
    Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:27 am

Levi Damien‏@LeviDamien

Wisniewski snapping to Leinart with second team.
    ==========

Nooooooo
    Parsons is garbage. Gets blown the fk up on run plays
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe this is a smoke screen until the media leaves..then Wiz takes first team snaps LOL

• mcfadden20.

Hop on the streater bandwagon before it’s too late

oakfoshow Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:35 am
    5th round pick,and undrafted free agent=The real Truth

+++++++++

Yep, I had JRINER projected as a starter the same dy he was on the board in the 5th rd. not going to back off now…

• oakfoshow

Im expecting big year from Reece,mostly by default.

oakfoshow Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:35 am

5th round pick,and undrafted free agent=The real Truth
    ========

When was D mo drafted?
    Next……..

• DMAC

Who cares when you were drafted. The question is……
    Can you play w/ the big dogs???

• oakfoshow

381 na, I’ll wait till they show they can play first.

+++++++++++

Since we play on Monday the site wont be as congested.

Trick is to keep hitting those listed links at the top.

If I find another spot I will let you know.

• oakfoshow

384 DMoore proved he can play.Jimminy christmas

• oakfoshow

385.yup who cares where you get drafted.Havent shown jack in a game yet.that i care alot about.

oakfoshow Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:39 am
    381 na, I’ll wait till they show they can play first.

++++++++++

that is practical however, thats not how I get down. I look at the college games, and try to estimate if the players game will translate into the NFL.

• eastoaklandraider

Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:39 am

+++++++++++

Since we play on Monday the site wont be as congested.

Trick is to keep hitting those listed links at the top.

If I find another spot I will let you know.
    _______

Appreciate that bro.

• oakfoshow

Yea, ill take practical anyday.Be real.

• DMAC

I’m playing a 3 teamer card.
    Name me your fasho’ 3 winners on Sunday/Monday.

DMAC Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    I’m playing a 3 teamer card.
    Name me your fasho’ 3 winners on Sunday/Monday.

+++++

I cannot give you naa Mayne. Do not want you mad at me when I see you on Monday.

Gotta run peeps
    Go A’s!
    Go Dubs!
    Go Cal Bears! (fire Tedford)
    Go Raiders!

• Raidernationdave

Got some killer shiznizzie last night – $60 an 1/8 though

++++++++++++

R8ER MIKE Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:52 am
    Raidernationdave Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 8:50 am
    Morning Beyotches!

*****************
    what up HOE !!!
    oh damn… ho !!!
    lol lol lol

• Albinator

It’s great to have Hagen back but I can’t help but be pissed off at Hubert for extending a scholarship to a washed up Housh last year instead of taking Hagen, the guy who actually earned a roster spot. So glad Reggie is here to oversee and over rule that kind of BS. We were going no where under Hue. So glad the DA is running the show now.

Thec Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:47 am

DMAC Says:
    September 6th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    I’m playing a 3 teamer card.
    Name me your fasho’ 3 winners on Sunday/Monday.

+++++

========

just say you gave me the Raiders (thats 1)
    lol
    Peace Thec
    See you Monday

Be Good DMAC

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur

Moore looked good during media window at practice. Raiders fans can exhale, as Moore, DHB, Streater, Criner & Hagan pretty solid group Mon.