Raiders sign long-snapper among six roster moves

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 12:57 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed long-snapper Nick Guess, cornerback Coye Francies and defensive lineman Brandon Bair to their practice squad Wednesday.
In turn, they released wide receiver Brandon Carswell, defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga and linebacker Nathan Stupar from their practice squad.
It’s possible that the Raiders will wait until later in the week, when they have a better gauge on the status of regular long-snapper Jon Condo (concussion), to decide whether to sign Guess to their 53-man roster.
Guess was released by the San Diego Chargers on Aug. 27, when the Chargers pared their roster to 75 players. He is from the University of Tennessee.
More later, once we speak with coach Dennis Allen after practice.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

————————–
    Wow, didn’t know those were the only 2 players that played in the preseason.

• purvisman

dr_robert Says: In this case, preseason was a preview of what our offense was going to do.u mean watching colin miller and kevin haslam block for lonyae miller was a preview for our offense? wow. did not know that.///////////////// Rob_Raider, don’t beat up on kell, he just misspeaks most every time he posts, these days.

Perfect timing.

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

inonewordraider Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

______________
    guys see this yet?
    ==============

• inonewordraider

rgIII definitely suprised me and impressed me also like what i see out of wilson. but fu#k anyone who’s not a Raider

• dr_robert

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:00 pm
    RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 2:53 pm

i knew he would be that good, he will end up being the greatest players Shannan has ever coached

****************

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Those were some nice fight photos and videos.

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

GHOST RAIDER Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Seriously? you’re going to throw out a Tim Gunn line on a Raider blog?

—————————–
    Who is Tim Gunn?
    ============
    google is your friend,,

• DutchRaider77

250.MiamiRaider78 Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

239.MiamiRaider78 Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:03 pm
    Tommy Kelly’s offsides=F%&k yo couch, f&%k yo couch, Coach.

___________________________________________________

Rather have Kelly jumping offsides, than 12 men in the huddle…
    ____________

I rather have none of the pre snap penalties.

_____________________________________________________

Too True, I do wonder if Kelly realizes teams are now onto him and mixing up the snap count to draw him offsides?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

he will end up being the greatest players Shannan has ever coached, and the best player in redskin history if he stays healthy

****************************

SMH

Can you just let the kids play and let things fall where they do?

Greatest Redskin ever? Greatest player Shanahan ever coached?

After ONE GAME!!!!

Heaven forbid he actual wins a playoff game or two, you might claim him to be the greatest human since Jesus Christ.
    ==============================================

Greatest Redskin ever? don’t know about that. I will tell you what I do know tho, and that is the league will catch up with these players. Rarely do they not. No one had ANY tape of RGIII. Wait til the 5th or 6th game and let’s see what happens. The exact same thing happened to Cam last year. The lst four games he tore sh** up. Then the league caught up to him. To start this year, he got 10 points Against a not very good Tampon Bay. That ain’t very good.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I dont care what system we run as long as we are scoring touchdowns and not racking up meaningless yards for stats

• dr_robert

Purvisman Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

*******************

i’m a doctor now. i’m trying to help. but sometimes, these excitable types refuse treatment.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Whats A Drexl? Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:12 pm
    GHOST RAIDER Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Seriously? you’re going to throw out a Tim Gunn line on a Raider blog?

—————————–
    Who is Tim Gunn?
    ============
    google is your friend,,
    ——
    Tim Gunn is Klas favorite fashion consultant.

• purvisman

Whats a Drexl? Says:Long gets drilled right in the mug, but the chick swinging the cuff at the sheriff is hilarious.///////////She could be my girl freind anytime. Love that kind of attitude.

• dr_robert

those security guards were top notch

• Marks hair

Do we have a light fast zbs oline? NO!!!!!!
    Can dmac run without blocking? NO!!!!

Quit being dumb.
    Trash the zbs

• purvisman

dr_robert Says: didn’t shanahan coach elway? u need to calm down. ur too excited. ur gonna cream ur pants from thinking of a black qb doing well. don’t even start thinking of cam newton, warren moon, randall cunning……oh boy, i think u just died.//////////////////Forgot Doug Williams, played for Washington, also. I bet heavily on that white boy Elway.

In that Superbowl.

• The Beeech Dawg

Nob Minion, tell my Blog Brahs again how you’re done talking to me.

And then immediately start talking to me. For the 5th time.

One of my favorite Nob flame-outs, holla

• RaiderSam

KoolKell Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 1:27 pm
    DJ Johnny Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Guys that know me, know I am not a combative poster but I’m having trouble understanding this.

You guys say “rebuilding” to exempt Reggie from any responsibility if the 8-8 team he took over does not do anything this yr.

Shoot, he’s got a free pass w/ u guys.

Why is everyone so quick to absolve the new regime from any responsibility of taking this team to the playoffs when they were so close last yr.?

Must be nice for Reggie to not have to worry about any expectations from the fan base.
    ————————-
    There’s a certain type/group of fans in here, who won’t hold anybody accountable for the Raiders performances on Sundays, EXCEPT, other fans, media commentators, Warren Sapp, Rich Gannon. Never the Raiders themselves.

============
    please, don’t even put Warren Sapp and Raider in the same conversation.

• Just Fire Baby

Do we have a light fast zbs oline? NO!!!!!!

********************

Carlisle-Wiz-Briesel has to be the lightest or oe of the lightest interior lines of the NFL.

• purvisman

Up 10 zip until 2nd quarter and Williams accounted for 5 FIVE 5 touchdowns in the second quarter? in the fvcking superbowl.

• http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXj7I1RzLSE&feature=related exlaraiderseasonticketholder

LMFAO

John Madden: Robert Griffin III is “a Tim Tebow that can pass”

• DutchRaider77

271.Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    Do we have a light fast zbs oline? NO!!!!!!

********************

___________________________________________________

Is it just Barnes that doesn’t it the ZBS? Thought that Cable drafted Veldheer for the ZBS…

• purvisman

What happened to my Pendergast query?

• dr_robert

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    Nob Minion, tell my Blog Brahs again how you’re done talking to me.

And then immediately start talking to me. For the 5th time.

One of my favorite Nob flame-outs, holla
    ____________________

oh no! i’m “flaming out”! ahhhh!!! not dure what that means but it doesn’t sound good.

and he “holla-d”. that must mean he’s up on all the street slang…..from 1994.

• purvisman

Anybody see me shoo the golden jew-aka sully last night? kinda cool.

• dr_robert

Purvisman Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

***************
    rg3 looked good. but he will be lucky if he matches doug williams’ career. i’m not saying he won’t be better, but i saw vince evans have a really good game once.

• Marks hair

Carlisle is slow as shlt…
    Briesel stinks
    Wiz is competing with a shlt C… and he’s a big guy..

Trash the zbs!

• DutchRaider77

John Madden and Ammo for Mistic…

“This is probably early, too stupid, too soon,” John Madden told the KCBS morning crew, but “I was watching him and I said ‘RGIII is the best player in the NFL.’”

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan’s game plan relied on the read-option Griffin played in high school and mastered in college at Baylor.

“I think that whole idea is the reason that more young quarterbacks can come in and not only play early, but play well early and win,” the former coach said. “He reminded me a lot of a Tim Tebow that could pass…He may hand the ball to the runner, he may keep the ball and run himself or he may keep the ball, run himself and then throw it. It really puts the defense in a place and make them stay in place.”

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Do we have a light fast zbs oline? NO!!!!!!

********************

===========================================

Those guys all go 300. Wiz goes about 310 I think.

• dr_robert

carlisle wasn’t the problem. i saw veldheer struggle. i saw brisiel and barnes struggle. don’t recall seeing parsons get knocked around that much. but the whole line was bad.

• DennisAllensVisor

The All 22 footage is available.

Parsons getting man handled.

• Marks hair

RG3 and vince evans??? Hahaha

Come on… the kid looks great

• dr_robert

DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:28 pm
    John Madden and Ammo for Mistic…

***********************

mistic is dead. he couldn’t take it. but he wouldn’t take the word of a cracker would he?

• YoungAmerican

Your words were that Al would fire or demote a guy after one game plan and you use Ryan as an example who KEPT his job….Whoppety do that Donatell was fired after the season. It was because of ONE play he got fired. And Clancy was fired less than a week after his team went to the Super Bowl. I guess it is only unacceptable when Al made a rash decision.

=======================

How do you know it was because of one play, and not the body of work they had put together that season? Even if it was because of one play, those organizations at least waited until the season was over. No proof that it was a “rash” decision.

In my mind, telling a coordinator that he can no longer run his scheme of choice makes him a coordinator in title only. Completely undermines his job as a coach. Bad for morale. Bad for everything the team had worked on to that point.

• Marks hair

Parsons briesel cc and barnes got pwnd on monday.. deer was just ok

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

dr_robert Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

======================================

I don’t know if I would say the whole line was bad. Let’s say you are John Pagano and you key your defense on one player. Is it D. Hagan, DHB, Streator, Myers or Darren McFadden? Which one would you key?

• Roosters in the hen house

Dr_robert Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    Best game I’ve seen from McClain as a Raider

***************

that says a lot, since, after making a couple really nice plays early, he ended up with 5 total tackles. dude disappeared like a coward.

***************

San Diego had 32 yds rushing, are you saying McClain gets no credit for that? You don’t have to make the actual tackle to make the play. That’s why you have teammates, and you work together, it called cohesiveness. Something I didn’t see alot of last year. Stats and box scores don’t always tell the whole story. Just my opinion, I’m not even a big fan of McClain, I just thought he made alot of plays Monday night, even if the stat line doesnt show it

• purvisman

The list of bad black quarterbacks is not as long as the list of bad white quarterbacks because we haven’t provided them the opportunity to fail historically. The statistics will even out going forward as both groups are given an equal chance to fail or succeed. And I’m reasonably sure the numbers will balance out.

• dr_robert

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:21 pm
    Nob Minion, tell my Blog Brahs again how you’re done talking to me.

And then immediately start talking to me. For the 5th time.

One of my favorite Nob flame-outs, holla

**************

i can’t help myself. i really love stomping on ur head. careful or i’ll post ur yelp reviews for ur “part boat” again. u usually hide for a while after that. now go beat off in the corner to nsync. and say holla.

• GHOST RAIDER

——————————————
    Bruce Gradkowski ???

• purvisman

Wow. There’s something racist about that remark, but I can’t figure out what.

• realtruraider

Firing Knapp or takin away his play callin is the same thing to me, I think thats how most people feel that are on the fire Knapp wagon, like me. I doubt we actually fire him, but I have no doubt if he calls a schitty game the next couple weeks he will not be calling plays anymore. We are lucky to have Saunders on staff, he knows these players and what they are good at, probably more so than Knapp. I hope Knapp can get his head out of his @ss and call a damn good come Sunday and the offense can get on a roll from there.

• RAIDERMAN99

That’s what a top pick is supposed to look like, even if they just “flash” from time to time.
    =================================================
    Sure, that’s what a top pick should look like. But we all know many don’t.

Of course, one game isn’t enough to proclaim RGIII will definitely be another Elway or an all-time great.

But what was so impressive about that ‘flash’ on the one particular play I referenced was that RGIII in baseball terms (which I know you love) would be a 5 tool player.

It was a great demonstration of speed, elusiveness, field awareness, poise – and to me, most impressive of all, was the great arm strength and accuracy on the most difficult cross field throw a QB is asked to make.

I don’t know who Tim Gunn is, nor do I give a sht, but that was a wow moment that really stood out to me.

• DutchRaider77

Think that Hagen will have a big game this week?

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

#Raiders QB Carson Palmer said WR Denarius Moore “looked like Denarius of old. He made a couple phenomenal catches” in practice today.

• YoungAmerican

Veldheer was the only offensive lineman who did his job on Monday night.

Pass protection wasn’t bad outside of Barnes and a couple plays from Brisiel, but Parsons in particular was getting destroyed in the run game.

• dr_robert

Roosters In The Hen House Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    September 12th, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    Best game I’ve seen from McClain as a Raider

***************

***************

****************

mcclain 5 tackles
    burris 9 tackles
    wheeler 8 tackles

just keep watching. good players make plays. they don’t take credit for being on the field when other players make plays.

• purvisman

DutchRaider77 Says: Think that Hagen will have a big game this week?/////////Yes, I do.