Condo: Two tests down, two to go

Raiders long-snapper Jon Condo said following practice Friday he’s halfway home in terms of being cleared to play against the Miami Dolphins.

Condo will fly to Miami with the club shortly, as well practice squad long-snapper Nick Guess. If Condo isn’t cleared, Guess will be activated and make his NFL debut, with Jacoby Ford possibly being moved to the injured reserve list.

Condo said he felt “pretty good” while going through warmups with his teammates.

“It’s like four tests and I’ve passed two of them so far,” Condo said. “It’s a process. I’m making the trip and that’s really all I know.”

The injury occurred when Condo took a knee to the back of the head from teammate Brandon Myers following a punt.

“I saw the knee to the back of the head and then my face going into the dirt,” Condo said. “I don’t know what one it was that got me.”

Condo felt particularly bad for linebacker Travis Goethel, who was pressed into emergency service, with his three snaps leading to nine San Diego points.

“I mean, it’s just something you don’t want to see it all,” Condo said. “It was tough. I have the most respect for Travis going in there in that situation. It happened, you can’t go back and change. Just learn from it and go on to the next game.”

– Stefen Wisniewski will start at center against Miami, coach Dennis Allen confirmed.

“He’s back healthy and he executed this week in practice,” Allen said. “So I think he’s prepared and ready to go.”

Wisniewski wanted to play against San Diego but in retrospect can see sitting him in favor of Alex Parsons was the correct call.

“I’d missed three weeks of practice so I missed a lot of reps,” Wisniewski said. “Getting those reps back helps you mentally and physically and just feel sharp and confident in there.”

– Raiders injury report: WR Jacoby Ford (foot-out), CB Ron Bartell (shoulder-out), WR Juron Criner (ankle-questionable), C-G Alex Parsons (shoulder-questionable), RB Taiwan Jones (ribs-questionable), LB Rolando McClain (ankle-questionable), C Jon Condo (concussion-questionable), TE David Ausberry (shoulder-probable), K Sebastian Janikowski (left groin-probable), S Michael Mitchell (ribs-probable), WR Denarius Moore (hamstring-probable), TE Brandon Myers (shoulder-probable), DT Richard Seymour (knee-probable)

Bartell said his absence is estimated between “four to six weeks, although I hope it’s less.”

– If Jones can’t return kickoffs, Allen said the duty would fall to running back Mike Goodson.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Israel is going to bomb the *($# out of Iran

Keep your gas tanks full, Nerds
    —-
    First smart thing Beech ever said.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Our founding father were human. They made mistakes too. I respect the idea of free speech but I don’t think they intended for it to be used to insult dead American soldiers, insult other culture, etc…

• beechams gay lover

beeech dawg is a liar. The stuff oozing out of his butt crack was from that bi manager of Quiznos. I know…

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Here’s another bit of advice for the antisemitic clowns that are so abundent – you better hope that Israel takes out Iran’s nuke project.

There were a bunch of fools that condemned Israel taking out Iraq’s reactor. Thank God Israel acted when she did.

Newsflash – Iran’s real target is the ‘great satan’.

USA has nothing to fear from Iran. Americans would wipe them out before they ever had missile capable of hitting US.

• beechams gay lover

You are all anti gay. That is why beeech dawg talks about strippers and has to be in the closet. You should all be ashamed.

• xraided

world talk, eh? mk. didn’t know i was in a CNN blog.

• Just Fire Baby

Go Israel!!!

I’ll take a kinish over some crappy Kabob anyday

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

—————-

You dont know what they intended free speech for because you clearly havent read any of their books.

Do some reading before you start speculating as to what their intentions were.

And then ask yourself if their intentions were to have your son go fight wars for our corporations interests so that we could colonize and oppress others? I think not, we were once one of those colonies. Thats why our founding fathers revolted.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Fathers*

It’s my opinion. I feel I can shoot a person if he insults my dead kid while I’m trying to burry them.
    Maybe if you had kids you can understand that. I never said it wasn’t subjective, but that’s my opinion. We need limitations just like we did with commercials. Can you say anything you want in a commercial?

• Just Fire Baby

Our founding father were human.

***********************

Our founding fathers would have been 300 years old by now.

Why we put so much emphasis on what they thought is beyond me.

• Raider Riff

Xraided Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:36 pm
    world talk, eh? mk. didn’t know i was in a CNN blog.

———

If it was a CNN blog it would be heavily censored. We’re touching on subject matter here that the mainstream media isnt capable/allowed to broadcast.

• YoungAmerican

You might fight back too if a bunch of other countries decided to give one group of people your land, and let them establish their own government to rule over you. Just sayin’.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Fathers*

You can shoot him. You may go to jail, though. Just got to try and do it without getting caught.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm
    Fathers*

———-

Again, more subjectivism.

Im ok with anything being on TV. I dont really care. Anything is posted on the internet and the sun hasnt burned out yet.

Ask yourself why you can show someone getting murdered or raped in a commercial yet you cant show some tits? Its ridiculous.

But Im glad you are admitting now that it is just your opinion, and not gospel. If you would have just said that from the start, none of us would have agreed with you, but we wouldnt be condemning you for your OPINION. You are entirely allowed one, even if it is nutty.

• http://raiders.com Klas Tjorborn

American constitution was designed to keep wealthy white men wealthy and in power. It has done pretty good job with that.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Raiders put Bartell, Ford on IR

Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2012, 5:26 PM EDT

AP
    The Raiders had a decision to make.

Under the new injured reserve rules, one player could be put on IR and designated for return later this year. On Saturday, the Raiders placed both cornerback Ron Bartell (pictured) and receiver Jacoby Ford on IR.

Bartell will be able to return, Ford won’t.

Ford suffered a foot injury during the preseason. The play looked fairly innocuous and the injury supposedly was minor. Recently, however, he underwent surgery.

Bartell broke a shoulder blade on Monday night against the Chargers.

By rule, Bartell may return to practice in six weeks. He also may return to games in eight weeks. If/when he returns to practice, Bartell has only three weeks to return to the active roster.

Cornerback Coye Francies was signed to fill one roster spot, and long snapper Nick Guess was elevated from the practice squad to fill the roster.
    ———————————-
    Well it’s offcial

• Just Fire Baby

***********************************

There is no “your land” in this world.

It’s yours until you can’t defend it anymore.

Always has been, always will be.

• Just Fire Baby

What’s the over/under on how many times we will have to hear about our new snapper tomorrow?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider Riff Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

—————-

Do some reading before you start speculating as to what their intentions were.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Making assumptions/ forming opinons and taking them as facts again? You don’t learn do you?
    You know what I have read? Interesting.
    So you are saying our founding fathers intended for us to insult other Americans while they burry our dead soldiers? That makes much more sense that gibberish I was posting.

• Raider Riff

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

***********************************

There is no “your land” in this world.

It’s yours until you can’t defend it anymore.

Always has been, always will be.

———–

Sad, and maybe true.

And if it is, I dont ever want to hear you or anyone say we are a civilized species. We are far from it. We are no better than a glorified ant farm.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:46 pm
    Raider Riff Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:40 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:33 pm

—————-

Do some reading before you start speculating as to what their intentions were.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    You know what I have read? Interesting.

—————-

Im saying they didnt intend for our country to become what we broke away from, which is an Imperialist state. And they certainly didnt intend for your son to be a pawn in that game.

Its a shame you arent more well read. If you were you never would have let your son join our corporations militia and then go die in vain.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Condemn?
    None of US?
    How old are you? If you can not tell it’s an opinion, then you are more ignorant than I thought.

• YoungAmerican

There is no “your land” in this world.

It’s yours until you can’t defend it anymore.

Always has been, always will be.

===============

And that’s exactly what that displaced population has been trying to do. Defend their land.

But the imperialistic mindset is what keeps this world full of perpetual strife and misery. It’s what keeps the poor poor and the powerful powerful.

We can do better – we just refuse to.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Btw, you didn’t answer my question. If free speech is so great, then why limit what you can say on TV?

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

===========================================

Depends on if he plays or not. Condo could pass the concussion tests tonight or tomorrow and be ready to go. Signing Guess might just mean DA’s not sure.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Condemn?
    None of US?

————

Youre putting limitations and astrix’s on the 1st amendment to suite your beliefs. Yet Im the ignorant one? Thanks for the laugh.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

——————–

There shouldnt be a limit on what can be said on TV.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

———-

BTW, I did answer your question. I said their shouldnt be limits.

If you are asking me WHY their are limits, I’d say its because of people like you who think that what you find offensive, everyone should find offensive or distasteful.

That is why TV numbers have been on a steady decline. The internet is a free for all and its a better way.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Raider Riff Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

——————–

There shouldnt be a limit on what can be said on TV.

========================================

No, there shouldn’t. There is ZERO constitutional authorization for restricting TV.

• Raider Riff

YoungAmerican Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    There is no “your land” in this world.

It’s yours until you can’t defend it anymore.

Always has been, always will be.

===============

We can do better – we just refuse to.

—————-

Exactly.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:38 pm
    Go Israel!!!

I’ll take a kinish over some crappy Kabob anyday
    $$$$$$$$$$$

1-” Kabobs” are great
    2- I rather eat a Taco over some bread with tomato sause and sprinkled cheese.
    3- you are paying a lot for that Kinish, so it better be awesome!

• RAIDERMAN99

BTW, I understand the video that has so enraged the Muslim world was made by some Coptic Christians.

Don’t know what’s in it exactly, but I suspect it has something to do with Mo marrying 9 year old Aisha, misogyny, mass murder to expand Dar al Islam — just stuff that’s written in the Koran.

Don’t know why Coptics would be upset with Muslims.
    They’ve been so kind and benevolent to them.

I don’t need to know how the Islamofascists wipe out ‘infidel’ non-believers all around the globe in order to recognize the danger they pose.

I just take a look at how they treat each other and wonder what they’d do to me if given the chance.

I have no problems whatsoever with indiduals of any faith that are peaceful and do not wish to impose their faith upon me.

Unfortunately, there’s millions of Islamofascists with an agenda of waging war against Dar al Harb.

Burying your head in the sand doesn’t change that reality and certainly won’t make them disappear.

• Raider Riff

In other news, the NHL looks to probably have another owners/players lockout.

Hhahahahaha… Those idiots will never learn. How soon before the NHL is just done and they switch to a world hockey league. It is there for the taking if you ask me.

Mark Cuban should start it.

• Thec

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 2:19 pm
    I would advise Israel to use as much white phosphorous and whatever weapons she has at her disposal.

When your nation is smaller than the state of New Jersey and surrounded by 22 nations with a combined land mass twice that of the USA, with a population of 500 million Koranimals dedicated to wiping you out – you do what you have to do.

You don’t worry about morons using terms like Israhell and calling you terrorists.

++++++++++

Where do i start with this tirade?

Israel, was a created in 1948 by the balfour agreement. this agreement was established by the rothschilds and the other so called jewish banksters.

Israel claims that the land was given to them by “god” however, most of those so called jewish people
    or it has been estimated 95% of those people are not jews, but are converts from europe, are khazarians.
    Hence the tern “jewish”.

Becuase one does not agree with you’re christian based point of view, doesnt mean you should start name calling.

• Twocents

Inalienable rights. You are born with them. No piece of paper grants them. Any government or court that restricts them is criminal.

• 8RaiderReign8

Twocents Says:
    September 15th, 2012 at 3:05 pm
    __________________

Like free speech. You don’t have to like it but its here to stay.

• qodrn1

Raider Prediction Board

Dedicated to Al Davis, Raider duct tape (boy does it hold) and the Coliseum rodents

Week 1: Alex7: Chargers 27 Raiders 20 (22/14)

Carl Weathers: Raiders 19-9
    cheese puff: Oakland Raiders 51 Miami Dolphins 10
    Dakota: 21-10 raiders
    davidon: Fins 20 Raiders 17
    EMRaiders: OAK 24 MIA 13
    Mr Green: Raidahs 38 dolphins 3
    Just Fire Baby: Raiders 34 Land Sharks 3
    Klas Tjorborn: after close win over Miami,
    Raiders 30, Steelers 21 (?)
    mcfadden20: Raiders 27-13 Dolphins
    raiderinparadise: Jon Condo plays we win: 48-13
    Jon Condo doesn’t play: 31-14
    RaiderRetribution: Raiders 31 Miami 0
    realtruraider: Raiders 15 Fins 9 The field goal game
    SilverNBlackPA: Raiders 23 – Dolphins 16

• Al_is_theraiders

there you go start hitting some guys…