Raiders sign cornerback from Packers practice squad

The Raiders filled the void on their 53-man roster by signing cornerback Brandian Ross from the Green Bay Packers practice squad.
Ross initially made the Packers 53-man roster, but he got cut a week later when a veteran player returned from a one-game suspension.
Teams are permitted to sign players from another team’s practice squad, provided that player is added to the new team’s 53-man roster.
The Raiders had an opening as a result of waiving long-snapper Nick Guess on Tuesday.
Ross was signed by the Packers in 2011 as an undrafted free agent out of Youngstown State. He spent the season on their practice squad.
The Raiders also re-signed defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga to their practice squad.

Steve Corkran

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

KoolKell Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:09 am

Romney says 47% of the population are free loaders.
    ======================
    Krappy Rat trolling his way through the morning,

• SaintKaufman

DMAC,
    You’re just full of good news!

• DMAC

Wassup w/ this gay ass Whiner talk? Take that schit somewhere else.
    Get off Harbaugh and Crabbys nutz!

SaintKaufman Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:19 am

DMAC,
    You’re just full of good news!
    =========

I try man. I try

• SaintKaufman

Why are there 49er fans in here?? Never understood that. Get a job! Or at least one that requires you to work.

• omoran

NOW- I need SAUNDER SAUNDER SAUNDER SAUNDER SAUDER.
    Can somebody in OAKLAND here me!
    Its spell — A L S A U N D E R …

• TheBay2LA

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 9:11 am
    “If your a CB, and you can return kicks, i’ve got a silver & black jersey waiting for you to be fitted in” – Reggie McKenzie
    ——————————————————-

Give Cliff Harris a shot, maybe it clicks and he makes the best of it. I think the dude has potential, as much as the scrubs we’re working out from these Div I/FCS schools.

• SaintKaufman

Omoran,
    No offense bud, but let others do the spelling. :)

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

My wife has great hips, Maybe the Raiders can give her a tryout at cornerback?

• JohnnyRaider

I am glad to see the Raiders bring back Meatoga to the practice squad. I saw the guy in a preseason game and he got off quick and sacked the QB, he should be really put on 53 man roster now to be on D-line in place of Kelly or Seymour, this guy looked like a beast to me. The Raiders should go to some Somoan Island and bring in some of those big guys for tryouts on our 0-line.

• RaidingTexas

Kokomo Says:

Encourage u to listen to this Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowski & Greg Papa on 95.7 FM yesterday.

———————————-

Romankowski proves what an unbelievable idiot he is as an analyst in that audio. he admits to being wrong about Alex Smith all these years that he said he sucked. Then comes back later and ranks Philip Rivers and Cam Newton AND Carson Palmer in his top 10 QBs, and Luck and RG3 higher than Smith.

Then he says Tony Romo is a choke because he can’t win a big game, but yet he ranks Rivers as #8 who has also never won a big game?

All those steroids phugged Bill’s brain up. He can’t even make rationalize anything he says. He just shoots from the hip. He’s just a loudmouthed idiot. Great linebacker, stupid analyst.

• raiderinparadise

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:18 am
    They fked up. They meant RT and not blind side

————-

Knapp had a brilliant plan to have Palmer try throwing lefty this week to try something new. Mastermind.

TheBay2LA Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:21 am

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 9:11 am
    ——————————————————-

==========

Harris from Oregon?
    I thought he got drafted?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KoolKell Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 10:52 am

Any 47 percenters here?
    =========================================

One I can think of: Jamista Clown. Why is it that the states with the highest obesity rates are the ones that support the conservatives?

• raiderinparadise

JohnnyRaider Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am

————

Hawaii guy, seen him play…. strong, strong, player. just a bull-rush guy, hard nose … no BS techniques , just hurt you all game with a mean streak.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Raiders also re-signed defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga————————
    Our problems are solved! lol

If he did play we could all chant MEAT!

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Kokomo Says:

====================================

I just saw Romo a few minutes ago. He is much calmer now that he isn’t all roided up.

• DMAC

Vince Young signed a contract for $26 million guaranteed from the Titans in 2006, and it’s all gone.
    That fool is broke.
    Give me $500,000! I’ll flip that schit and turn it to millions. These dudes are fking idiots!

• TheBay2LA

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    TheBay2LA Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:21 am

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 9:11 am
    ——————————————————-

==========

Harris from Oregon?
    I thought he got drafted?

—————————————————–

Yes, from Oregon. Was signed as undrafted to Philly, but was cut prior to 53 man roster. Is a free agent. I think he has mental issues, but thought he was an explosive playmaker at the college level, and if coached up, and the reality of NFL vs CFL sets in maybe he makes something happen for himself.

• raiderinparadise

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    My wife has great hips, Maybe the Raiders can give her a tryout at cornerback?

——————-

Sorry, they are more interested in flat-footed guys that play 12 yards off their man and can’t close in on the ball.

• nyraider

is bryant mcfadden or kelly jennings still unsigned? or is reggie only looking at corners on practice squads

• TheBay2LA

raiderinparadise Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    My wife has great hips, Maybe the Raiders can give her a tryout at cornerback?
    ——————————————————
    Unless she has some sort of ties to Green Bay, no chance. If she’s even smelled Lambaeu Fields parking lot, signher up!

TheBay2LA Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:26 am

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    TheBay2LA Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:21 am

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 9:11 am
    ——————————————————-

==========

Harris from Oregon?
    I thought he got drafted?

—————————————————–

==========

I like what I saw in Cliff at Oregon.
    We should def. bring him in for a look.
    I’m rolling w/ you on this one.
    Cliff Harris pick up the phone and give Reggie a call.

• JohnnyRaider

I know Meatoga is from Hawaii, but Somoans are big guys for the o-line in less of course we can find other Hawaii guys, but we should put Meatoga on our d-line now, guy is indeed a beast and quick off the ball.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

raiderinparadise Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    My wife has great hips, Maybe the Raiders can give her a tryout at cornerback?

——————-

———————–
    Wonder what Al’s opinion would have been if he got to witness the dynamic duo of Lee and Hansen at cornerback?

• DMAC

I hate to say this but w/ our depleted secondary what are your thoughts of having Huffy play corner (puke) and Gio playing up top?

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

TheBay2LA Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:28 am
    raiderinparadise Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    My wife has great hips, Maybe the Raiders can give her a tryout at cornerback?
    ——————————————————

September 19th, 2012 at 11:21 am

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 9:11 am
    ——————————————————-

==========

Harris from Oregon?
    I thought he got drafted?

—————————————————–

==========

I like what I saw in Cliff at Oregon.
    We should def. bring him in for a look.
    I’m rolling w/ you on this one.
    Cliff Harris pick up the phone and give Reggie a call.
    ——————————————————-

Yeah, sadly it makes some sense, so can rule it out for this orginization. Despite the risks versus reward at a low cost. SMH

• DMAC

I rather roll the dice w/ microphone Chekwa!

• SaintKaufman

Not going back to the film, but did you guys see Ihenacho out there last week?? He was all over the place during preseason.

• DennisAllensVisor

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:30 am

—-

As much as I just vomited in my mouth, that seems like the best plan.

• DennisAllensVisor

SaintKaufman Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:32 am

—-

He played a lot more last game than week 1.

SaintKaufman Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:32 am

=========

I thought I saw him in a few plays. Is he # 57 or something like that? I thought I saw another LB as well, but I could be mistaken.

• SaintKaufman

Thanks DAV!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Let’s face it, the guys being signed only reenforce that this season is only being played for a high draft pick next year.

I WANT TO BE WRONG.

• SaintKaufman

#53 DMAC

• TheBay2LA

Honestly, I think Huff @ corner is our best shot, but even then it’s not any good. I just have to believe he’s gotta be better then these practice squad guys. Even without reps and practice. Gio and/or Mitchell could do equally as bad if not better then Huff has done this far, same goes for Huff at corner versus Hanson/Lee/Practice squad player.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

0-2 teams have won Super Bowls.

Our offense this year is ranked 15th in the league, from 9th last year. While admittedly worse, it’s still one of the better offenses in the league. Stats don’t lie. Nobody’s getting fired.

• TheBay2LA

I also say give Checkwa the nod. Keenan Clayton require a roster spot? I doubt it.

• DMAC

At least Gio gets picks. WTF does Huffy do besides jump on opponents backs and get dragged a few yds before another Raider comes and finishes the play?

• VanHeathen30

Tafur tweeting that Romac is watching practice today…
    Just following up on his performance Sunday I guess.
    Kid looked like he was on pills…
    Another SEC ‘pillbilly’?

• SaintKaufman

So by that logic you’re saying Reggie or some other dark force paid someone to give Condo a concussion(or maybe he was fine???), break Bartell’s shoulder and schedule us for a Miami trip on a short week.
    Oh, I see it now.

• DennisAllensVisor

Hanson & Lee are slot guys. Period.

I dont want Mike Mitchell playing a snap of safety. Dont see why he is even on the roster. Giordano is starting to creep his way back into my doghouse also.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

BTW, Romney’s 47% comment was his campaign’s swan song.

• DMAC

Spencer going down was a huge blow.
    To my surprise he was by far our best DB out there and was playing great IMO.

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:37 am

Hanson & Lee are slot guys. Period.
    ==========

Exactly!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

If the Raiders did want to win this year PLax, Cooley, Carter among others would have been brought in and signed.

We all know without being at the tryout they would be upgrades to our current roster.

It looks good to the casual fan to bring guys for a looksee so it seems like your still trying.
    Even though hey probaly know deep down this year has already been written off.

Sorry, venting.

• DennisAllensVisor

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:36 am

—-

Thing is, if Gio isnt getting picks, he is giving TDs and chunk yardage. And usually 3-4 yards behind his man.

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:38 am

DMAC Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:36 am

—-

======

Maybe so but, Huffy gives up the TD and doesn’t get any picks at all. At least Gio returns the fav.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Sullivan44 Says:
    September 19th, 2012 at 11:35 am
    0-2 teams have won Super Bowls.

————————
    Fuk stats, Are you watching the same Raider games that I am. Laughable!