DHB hospitalized with neck injury after KO

Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was taken off on a cart after taking a blow to the head in the end zone early in the fourth quarter of the Raiders’ game against the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday at O.co Coliseum.

It was announced in the press box that Heyward-Bey had been knocked unconscious and was taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley with a neck injury.

On first-and-10 from the 16-yard line, quarterback Carson Palmer attempted to hit Heyward-Bey on a post pattern, but the wide receiver took a helmet-to-facemask hit from cornerback Ryan Mundy with the ball falling incomplete.

After the initial hit, Heyward-Bey fell to the ground hard with his helmet first _ essentially taking a second blow.

No penalty was called on the play.

More details as they become available . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• lefty12

almost forgot-w00t,w00t

• rediaR

Sweep The Leg. Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:06 pm
    Did anyone else notice Ian Eagles call on the game winning field goal?

“Janikowski ’sweeps the leg’”.

Guess it was just me who picked up on it.

Just sayin’, yo.
    ——————
    Yep, definitely noticed.

• DJ Johnny

lefty12 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:00 pm
    DJ,you ARE one of the most negative people on here but at least you are willing to ‘eat that crow’.You are a better man than many on here.

I’ll accept that Lefty, but in my defense I was one of the most positive posters here during the offseason I had us at 12-4.

I was just severely disappointed by the offensive change and the first two games.

• Stringer Bell

Sweep The Leg. Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Did anyone else notice Ian Eagles call on the game winning field goal?

“Janikowski ’sweeps the leg’”.

Guess it was just me who picked up on it.

Just sayin’, yo.
    ******************************************
    I was too busy screaming to hear what they said…

• RaidO

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    RaidO,

You realize we’re missing both our starting corners right?
    ——————————

Raiders starting CB’s are second tier. The backups are not that far behind.

• MiamiRaider78

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    RaidO,

You realize we’re missing both our starting corners right?

_____________

Thats twice he’s brought up that point about the Steelers. Means nothing since we had our own as well.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Cards are 3-0?!
    Wow

• RaidO

Burn_209 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:05 pm
    I love how people are all on Knapps nuts after one good game. He scored more points today than we did the past two games. People love to overreact on here huh
    ————————-

So TRUE

• DJ Johnny

BTW Lefty,

Thanks man.

• HueKnew

Stringer Bell Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:04 pm
    Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN

#Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey is in stable condition at Eden Medical Center and will be kept overnight for observation.
    ******************************************
    Thats good to hear. I broke my c5-c6, I was scared for him til I saw that thumb up.

• qodrn1

Ahh, that is good. If he is in the unit, a relative of mine will be his nurse in the AM. If he is on the floor, then the friends take over….

• 8RaiderReign8

RaidO Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:08 pm
    8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    RaidO,

You realize we’re missing both our starting corners right?
    ——————————

Raiders starting CB’s are second tier. The backups are not that far behind.
    ____________________________

I expected you to say that. You make excuses for other teams, but ignore our obvious excuses. Classic hater

• VanHeathen30

Is Jano ‘Cobra Kai’?

Thanks for the update on Jerry’s whereabouts, wish he was in the Lot, instead of having to visit one of urs in the hospital…can’t believe there was No penalty…and the NFL and the Refs have walked away from the table again…Pathetic

• Sweep The Leg.

Stringer Bell Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:07 pm
    Sweep The Leg. Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Did anyone else notice Ian Eagles call on the game winning field goal?

“Janikowski ’sweeps the leg’”.

Guess it was just me who picked up on it.

Just sayin’, yo.
    ******************************************
    I was too busy screaming to hear what they said…

My neighbor, the idiot Steelers fan heard me screaming too!

The Autumn Wind Is a Raider, STEVE!!!

SOOO glad I don’t have to hear it all week from you STEVE!

• RaidO

8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:11 pm
    RaidO Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:08 pm
    8RaiderReign8 Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm
    RaidO,

You realize we’re missing both our starting corners right?
    ——————————

Raiders starting CB’s are second tier. The backups are not that far behind.
    ____________________________

———————————

Raiders staring CB’s being second tier is not an excuse it’s the truth.

• 8RaiderReign8

Raider O Says:
    September 23rd, 2012 at 7:09 pm
    Cards are 3-0?!
    Wow
    __________________

Niners arent even best in their division.

• burn_209

Cobra Kai? lol I didnt know we had GLB influences here

• JT

We got away with a big peenalty at the end
    willi smith took out some dt knees, redemption for DH

• DJ Johnny

New post.

• redshirt

402.

You enjoy mauling manàss do you?

• Raider2DaHeart

I admit I was doubtful this week. Not feeling Knapp still. But I do realize knapp’s Offense has Palmer throwing less picks and the ding and dunk is coming along.

• downsouthraider

Put Your Pants!!!

• mcfadden20.

Code black

• r8eray

O.G. Raider Ray!!!!

• raiderwarlord

The autumn wind is a Raider

• sirblitzalot

What does Reese, Moore, Steater, Hegan, Myers and all have in common?

This dink and dunk offense is “low risk”, higher percentage of completion (if these guys do their job). Add the hurry up offense and this might work!

ANS: They are ALL really “natural” receivers!!!!

• sirblitzalot

Re: DHB. He just got knocked out. It happens every day in the ring. He will be fine! He will probably be home in the morning and on the field in Denver.

• sirblitzalot

RE: Replacement Officials. This culture of being the most penalized team year in and year out, ends this year. I will take my chances with these dudes. The originals throw yellow flags like it is an benediction, a right of passage to be considered an NFL official. I hope they never return, to pay for their sins!

• liciousghetto

You know one thing I do realize, although what happened to DHB was just wrong, we don’t get bull… calls with these replacement refs as we use to with the regulars refs. Makes me think. Anybody remember bull.. calls against the raiders the last season or the season before or before that? These replacements have just been missing the calls or are not properly trained… Makes me think.