Report: Barksdale waived

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 at 8:28 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders waived third-round draft pick Joe Barksdale Wednesday morning, according to The Sideline View.

Barksdale was inactive for all three days and was bypassed for backup duty against Pittsburgh in favor of 2012 rookie Tony Bergstrom, who was moved from guard.

The LSU product joins DeMarcus Van Dyke and Chimdi Chekwa as Class of ’11 picks no longer on the Raiders’ 53-man roster.

Wide receiver Tori Gurley tweeted Tuesday night he had joined the Raiders, although it didn’t specify whether it was on the practice squad or 53-man roster.

Note: Gurley, like linebacker Vic So’oto, is an ex-Green Bay player. Gurley was among the final cuts by the Packers and was signed to the Minnesota practice squad. Unless he was recently waived by Minnesota, Gurley was likely signed to Oakland’s 53-man roster _ much like another ex-Packer _ Brandian Ross _ was last week.

Gurley was on the Packers practice squad last season when general manager Reggie McKenzie was director of football operations.

• Barry_McKockiner

Why are we still picking up GB’s trash?!?

• The Big Banana

Marks Hair Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:37 am
    Beilicheat gets a 50k fine..

—–

Anything on Mundy yet?

• PurpleDrank81

Riff where did you play football?

• dr_robert

Anyone recall me saying barksdales was on his way out in preseason?

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Barry_McKockiner Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:42 am
    Why are we still picking up GB’s trash?!?

========================================

Because their trash is better than our backup “treasure.”

• YoungAmerican

Fans watch the ball. Former players watch the field.

Kelly is disrupting the pocket and shoving his guy back when singled. I dont know what else you guys want from him.

============

Are you watching the All-22? If not, you’re seeing the same thing every other fan is.

Simply “disrupting the pocket” isn’t a plus play for a lineman if the QB has already rolled out of the pocket. This is part of the reason Kelly didn’t grade out well against Pittburgh. Effort and awareness are areas where Kelly as frequently struggled. He’s a liability in the run game, and doesn’t attract double-teams as a nose tackle. Has a few snaps a game where he jumps the snap and penetrates – but if he doesn’t get that jump, his motor isn’t high enough to make something happen.

• YoungAmerican

RaiderDuck Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Wait a minute. It’s being reported that Gurley has been signed to our PS. Thought you couldn’t sign someone off someone else’s practice squad to yours. Don’t they have to go to the active roster?

=============

Appears as if earlier in the week the Vikings waived him from their practice squad.

• YoungAmerican

This would put the roster at 52 for now. Chekwa getting promoted, perhaps?

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

YoungAmerican Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:47 am
    This would put the roster at 52 for now. Chekwa getting promoted, perhaps?

===========================================

Or maybe we’re signing Andre Carter, Jabar Gaffney or whoever.

• DutchRaider77

@Raiderduck

From the Vikes Transaction Page:
    09/18/2012 Released WR Tori Gurley from the practice squad and signed OL Troy Kropog.

• YoungAmerican

Or maybe we’re signing Andre Carter, Jabar Gaffney or whoever.

=====================

Word. I hope Carter gets healthy at some point soon, Raiders could definitely use him.

• 2romes

2romes Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:48 am
    what I know is working out for knapp and the RAIDERS is the increase production out of the tightends.I absolutely love the boost in productions.The offense may have a shot of many steady drives if this can continue.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Raider Riff Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:36 am

I love how people want to call Seymore a bum and say he is lazy yet he’s 2o yards downfield and a part of that big fumble that Wheeler picked up in the 4th quarter.
    ===================================================

Thank you. 20 yards downfield. And the ball hits his hands and lands in Wheelers. And then on the last Squealer possession he blows up his guy which results in a 10 yard holding penalty. And then gets a sack. But according to some here, he can’t play. Unbelievable really.

• Raider Riff

YoungAmerican Says:

————

Complete BS YA.

I just watched the second half. Minutes ago. And yeah, I get the endzone cam and the sideline cam that shows the entire field. I watch each play 3 times. I watch the secondary, then the LB corps, then the D line.

Kelly was doubled plenty against Pitt and Miami.

I dont care about these stupid grades. This isnt baseball. You can just go off of raw numbers like Billy Beane.

The tape dont lie. Kelly has not been a liability in the run. All of the big runs given up this year have been to the outside, not the middle. Kelly and Seymore have created plenty of gaps for the LBs to shoot.

Effort and awareness? Again, I just got done watching the tape and I was specifically watching him and Seymore. I saw no flaws in Kelly’s effort. And the other semi’s here that have been double checking the tape have been seeing the same thing.

If Kelly didnt have a large paycheck, nobody would be b!tching about him.

• Raider Riff

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:50 am
    Raider Riff Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:36 am

===================================================

——

And on that sack, that was largely a part of Kelly blasting his lineman into Ben’s face.

But lets ignore that.

• PurpleDrank81

Riff who did you play football for?

• Marks hair

I didnt watch the game twice but it seemed like we were passing past the sticks more on our 3rd down attempts this week. Running between the tackles, hadnt seen many draws b4 pitsburg.. more playaction.. and that we finally found ways to use reece.. i still want some screens too.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

But lets ignore that.
    ====================================

But that’s the point: you still have to make the play. Someone has to put rothleisberger on the ground, which is not that easy.

• The Big Banana

Terrible news, but we knew it was coming based on the GB game…NFL close to agreement with regular officials and talking about possibly being in time for this week’s games.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

YoungAmerican Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:50 am

Or maybe we’re signing Andre Carter, Jabar Gaffney or whoever.

=====================

======================================

Forget Carter. He’s broken down and unable to play. Put So’oto out there if he is healthy.

• theghostronin79

Thec has displayed his confidence again, stating that we WILL win against Denver Sunday….

Whuta you guys think? My boys got a REAL bad habbit of following a huge win utilizing solid and disciplined play with……a flat, lack luster, FLOP.

• Marks hair

Skins sign ryan grant

• DutchRaider77

Riff who did you play football for?

____________________________________________________

The Raiders…

Raider Riff=Tommy Kelly?

That would be pretty funny!

• Thec

Thou shalt not use the name Thec in vain…lol

• Raider Riff

PurpleDrank81 Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:53 am
    Riff who did you play football for?

———-

Do you mind if I keep my identity private? Things can get pretty viscious and personal on blogs when people know who you are. I’d prefer to keep my personal info private. Ok with you?

• theghostronin79

Not Vain man…..not at all. I just wish I had that same resolve.

• OC Raider

Great post, Raider Riff. Thanks for taking the time to actually watch the film and separate the bs from the facts. Keep your insights coming!

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

theghostronin79 Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 10:59 am

=======================================

True. But right now the flat lackluster flop is the Dungver passing attack. They are not running the ball well, and Manning looks like he is tossing balloons not darts. The Donk’s took Demarious Thomas ahead of Dez Bryant which raised some eyebrows. Other than the one catch in the playoff victory against Shi**sburgh, he hasn’t done sh**. Decker and Stokley are the guys making that offense go. Knock them on their ASSES and their minds will follow.

• OC Raider

Anyone know how Myers is doing? He will be needed Sunday.

• theghostronin79

I like it

• Plunketthead

All those healthy RB’s and scatrat cannot find someone to back up Morris in the cut scheme?

Trade TJ for a cornerback and we can replace TJ with a couple popsicle sticks and a rubber band

• theghostronin79

Anyone know how Myers is doing? He will be needed Sunday.

================

We’ll probably find out real soon. Practice starts any minute now.

• Raiderbuck

Rich Walsh ‏@RichieWalsh

Steelers safety Ryan Mundy fined $21,000 for his hit on Heyward-Bey. Mundy plans to appeal.

• Plunketthead

I played for a local C.C. and earned a scholarship to B.C. but got cut

• DutchRaider77

Think we see a lot of press coverage this week? Can we? I don’t want to be yelling at the TV on Sunday b/c the DBs are giving the Donks receivers a 7 yard cushion…

• omoran

I hate losers-Me for instance Jerry . I was going make a reply to your
    Blog and was going to be #46 now I lost my passaword and since is
    Hard to get now I am at the bottom of your pit.
    Oh well!
    I was going to say how JERRY IS SO FAST in giving us goodnews!

• Thec

+++++++++++=

Outside of the traveling back east issue, I believe this is a diffrent Raider team.

The main reason why I refused to say the season was over after an 0-2 start, was due to the fact we have a new org in place.

The new org will not tolerate complacency. Moreover, they do not care about draft status. Either you can ball or they will replace you.

I do not have the same vibe as I had with the steelers game.

Org has to coach, players have to make plays.

The team has some pride, they will rise to the occasion and give manning the hell he deserves.

• Raider Riff

DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 11:10 am

———

I think a lot of that cushion had to do with the way Big Ben can extend a play. If we played too aggressive then the likelyhood of letting one of their WRs beat us deep was very likely.

We should see more zone against Peyton. But also more pressure and more agressiveness out of our secondary. No risk of Peyton extending a play with his legs. His internal QB clock ticks fast and he will be getting rid of the ball quick.

• Raider Riff

Thec Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 11:11 am

+++++++++++=

I do not have the same vibe as I had with the steelers game.

Org has to coach, players have to make plays.

———–

Agreed.

• The Big Banana

Outside of the traveling back east issue

—–

Flight to Denver isn’t bad.

• Raider Riff

OC Raider Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 11:03 am
    Anyone know how Myers is doing? He will be needed Sunday.

———-

Im under the impression that he will be playing. DA said it was minor in either the post game or Monday press conference (I cant remember which).

• DutchRaider77

The Big Banana Says:
    September 26th, 2012 at 11:16 am
    Outside of the traveling back east issue

—–

Flight to Denver isn’t bad
    ___________________________________________________

Spent a couple weels working on a case in Denver, a couple days almost all of Denver smelled terrible! I was told it was odor issues from the dog-food plant.

• omoran

I WISH I WAS IN #1 Blog! Im always with my RAIDERS and probably
    Love them more than all of you put toghether.
    JERRY – PLEASE GIVE THE # 1 SPOT for me only!
    You give is GOOD NEWS ABOUT OUT RAIDERS -Jerry

• theghostronin79

It would feel SO great to head into the Bye comming off 2 straight victories…The last being against MY most hated rival. Minds in the right place, extra week to prep for Atlanta….Especially considering they spanked the Donks AND Dolts.

• omoran

I wish I was MARK DAVIS OR REGGIE

• PurpleDrank81

I played High School and was recruited by a couple different Division 1 schools but due to some legal issue’s all that went away. Got done with my stint and then played for a local C.C. After all that a death in my family kept me from pursuing my football dream.

• theghostronin79

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL
    Tight end Brandon Myers is at practice.

• Thec

2-2 would not be a bad first qtr of the season, considering we started with 2 loses.

Next qtr after the bye, we need to come out like the swinging.

Need to see improvement in the next qtr.

Trick is to peak around end of 3rd, and hit stride in the 4th.

• bigsnow81

I enjoyed hearing the cops cry about three of them getting the smackdown by one 6’3″ 320 lbs man. Punk azz beotches, fuk the police!!!

• omoran

Jerry you are REAL FAST on RAIDERS NEWS U are faster than
    Clint E -Spaghetti Western..!
    You JERRY beat the others by 1 Hr almost and ahead of all Bloggers when it comes to OAKLAND #1
    THANKS.