Live chat during Raiders-Broncos game Sunday

By Jon Becker
Friday, September 28th, 2012 at 10:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.

NFL writer Steve Corkran will take questions and provide expert analysis as the Oakland Raiders take on the Denver Broncos, Sunday at 1 p.m.

• DJ Johnny

Raiders for life Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:16 am
    I need to change the half time score to Raiders 26-3. I forgot that Lechler is gonna drop one in on the 2 yard line and Manning gets sacked for a safety.

Sound a bit too optimistic? I’m ready for a relaxing Sunday for a change.

Ok…i’m trusting you on this.

• YoungAmerican

I’ll tell you what, guys. If the Raiders crash and burn this season and end up with Geno Smith, I won’t be mad.

• Just Fire Baby

This Baylor-WVU game is insane.

Might be first to score 70 wins.

Not sure where Mistic gets Geno Smith as “a wave of the future” guy. I really like Geno, he should be a top 3 pick.

But he is a much more Peyton Manning/Matt Ryan type QB than a Cam Newton/RGIII guy.

He won’t be doing any designed QB sweeps, or running the read-option in the NFL.

Lots of shotgun, spread the field, 15 yard lasers.

• YoungAmerican

Lots of shotgun, spread the field, 15 yard lasers.
    ==============

Agreed. Not that he can’t be mobile when plays break down, just that his game doesn’t revolve around his ability to run.

• Just Fire Baby

EVery young QB in the NFL can be a little mobile at times and break the pocket. Hell we saw Matt Stafford do it last year to us.

He is not that type of an athlete as a runner, never has been in college. And Mistic always says just because he doesn’t do it, doesn’t mean he can’t.

BS I say. What is he going to do, learn how to be an open-field runner in the NFL?

He is a pocket-passer, with great accuracy 25 yards and in, and that will be his paycheck maker.

• Raider Riff

GhostsShadow Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:08 am
    Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 5:43 am

You can tell how many trolls there are by how little traffic this site gets on a winning week compared to the week post-loss.
    ——–
    Yeah, I don’t recall Mistic being around much this week.
    ——————————–
    Of course he’s not. Raiders won. Some of the black qb’s he fawns over struggled.

Koolkell had hundreds of posts after the Miami game. This week just a trickle.

Armchair has disappeared pretty much with his dopey list to fire Knapp, which will be back after our next loss.

———–

Bingo.

Tell tale sign you are a troll or a coward…. you take hard line stances, piss everyone off with your idiocy, and then when time proves you wrong you disappear rather than admit youre wrong.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 9:22 am
    Chico,

DA is a good HC, but he made a few mistakes so far (IMO) which is normal for a rookie HC.
    1- Hiring Knapp & Tarver
    Knapp’s resume is not impressive, and this team had/ has a good offense that can carry a team. Tarver is young/ talented but lacks NFL experience as DC. Our Defense is a mess, so I thought a quality vet DC was a better option (I wanted a guy like Del Rio).
    2- the LS situation.

——————-

You still sticking to your stance that Knapp wont survive the season as the playcaller?

At least I dont have to worry about O being a coward. He’s man enough to admit when he’s wrong and give credit where it is due. Which puts him ahead of 90% of the members here.

Now if I could ever get him to just change his stance mid-argument then he wouldnt need to ever be proved wrong haha.

• lefty12

A lot of them don’t disappear,they just show up under a different name.

• DJ Johnny

Arkansas was ranked 8th in the polls b4 season started…OMG have they just imploded into disaster.

The Hog fans are not pleased.

• Raider Riff
  • Just Fire Baby

Well, off to go tailgate for the Boise State-New Mexico game.

The whole goal is to stay within 20 points by the half so we have a reason to stay in the 2nd half.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:13 am
    1- Hiring Knapp & Tarver

**************************************

In a perfect world yes, but do you think Jack Del Rio would have jumped at the opportunity to be our DC? The only reason would have been his local tie’s, IMO.

I think Knapp and Tarver were about the best we could do with a rookie owner, GM and HC.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was hoping the new Owner & GM can convince him by offering him a good contract. He has experience as a HC, and he can help our defense and LBs.
    Al didn’t like paying coaches a lot of money, and that’s why we had a lot of young coaches. He did well most of the time.

• DJ Johnny

Raider Riff Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:51 am

The problem with Sharpes analysis is Seymour and Kelly are NOT JJ Watt.

• DJ Johnny

On paper, we pick up a guy who had MORE sacks than WImbley…was a probowler (which Wimbley was not) and he’s supposedly 100%.

I guess the only wrench in this is that he is NOT 100%.

• Raider Riff

DJ Johnny Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:57 am
    Raider Riff Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:51 am

The problem with Sharpes analysis is Seymour and Kelly are NOT JJ Watt.

———

If Denver singles them up the way they were singling up JJ Watt, Seymour and Kelly WILL BE a problem for Denver.

Im not saying they are as good as Watt. But they have been playing damn good football from what Ive seen on tape. If Denver is arrogant enough to leave them singled a lot, I expect us to get to Manning often.

• Raider Riff

DJ Johnny Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:00 am

I guess the only wrench in this is that he is NOT 100%.

—————–

Didnt we already discuss this? I think he is 100%. He said he was.

And if he wasnt, do you think he’d sign that waiver?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We didn’t have any issues scoring against a good defense, and I didn’t have any issues with his play calling. If he continues to improve his play calling and our offense continues to score a lot of points, he will survive.

I hope I’m wrong about Knapp. You think I enjoy watching a good talented offense score 14 points/ game? Like I said before, my only agenda is that I want us to win. Just Win Baby. (I Miss AL)

Change my stance in mid-argument? You are young, and you are not married. you never change your stance during an argument. You do it after you are finished. lol

• DJ Johnny

Riff, That makes sense. I think the key with stopping Manning is when u get outside pressure on him he ALWAYS steps up in the pocket….taps his feet a hundred times, then winds up and fires.

If we could “spy” him and have somebody meet him when he steps up…we could do some damage.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:13 am
    1- Hiring Knapp & Tarver

**************************************

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

————————

I wanted Del Rio as well. He’s a good 4-3 guy and like you said, very good with LBs, of which going into the offseason we needed major work at.

But I also really like that we got a guy that can teach multiple sets. Like AZ used to use during their SuperBowl run. Pendergast was the coach then, I REALLY liked that guy and wish we had got him when Hue was here.

So I will settle with Tarver. I like him so far. I think he knows what he is doing.

• Raider Riff

One other note on Tarver and the staff in general is that this entire crew was put together with the intentions that everyone is fairly new and built for long term.

I fear Del Rio is just waiting for his next head coaching chance.

• DKnight007

Raider O Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:13 am
    1- Hiring Knapp & Tarver

**************************************

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

^^^^^^^^
    Yep!

Knapp was a terrible hire…..period. He is no better than a QB coach at this stage of his career.

Tarver is a bright young mind and has upside, but I would have preferred to see a vet leader who has fire like Del Rio be our DC a well.

We need to hope Palmer keeps running the no huddle as much as possible and audiblizes and changes Knapps plays at the line of scrimmage as much as possible versus Denver.

The OLine, Palmer and the RB’s/WR’s need to be ready to pick up the blitz and go to hot reads, because Denver and Del Rio is going to blitz.

• Raider Riff

Raider O Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:05 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

———–

hahahaha

• Raider Riff

DJ Johnny Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:05 am

————-

Delayed blitzes? Hmmm. Maybe.

Whatever you do, you have to have a new plan for the second half because he will always adjust and figure you out within 2 quarters.

• DKnight007

Raider Riff Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:08 am

Raider O Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 10:13 am
    1- Hiring Knapp & Tarver

**************************************

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

————————

^^^^^^^^
    We need to see more mutiple sets versus Denver than we did versus Pitt, thats for sure. Playing a straight up base 4-3 package for most the game and showing that to Manning is dangerous. He will pick that predictable stuff apart.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DJ Johnny Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:00 am

I guess the only wrench in this is that he is NOT 100%.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We didn’t sign him the 1st time for a reason. It could be health issues, contract/ money, or he didn’t have a good workout.
    We are desperate now so who knows? Our DL can’t get to the QB, and our CB situation is not helping.

• DKnight007

Knapp and his apologists will always have some lame excuse to defend him….like my WR’s were hurt all year and my OLine had to be shuffled and it’s a new scheme on offense (even though it didn’t need to be changed in the first place)

I expect Palmer to be changing Knapps plays as much as possible from here on out. Especially in the 2nd half of games, since Knapp is TERRIBLE at making adjustments. Kinda like Chuck B was. Ugh

• DJ Johnny

O,

I know your getting ready for Sparty this afternoon.

• DJ Johnny

Raider Riff Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I fear Del Rio is just waiting for his next head coaching chance.

Everything about Denver says short term. Manning is 36 and they gave all that money…and he can’t even throw the real deep ball.

Del Rio is waiting for his next gig, McGahee is getting old, Champ Bailey is on his last legs…They do have Von Miller and Mays who are young but this team looks like they are just rolling the dice and hoping for a SB this..or next yr. and then will have to rebuild.

If Manning goes down, they have Caleb freaking Hanie.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider Riff Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I fear Del Rio is just waiting for his next head coaching chance.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good point.
    Knapp will never be a HC in this league, and Tarver is young and lacks experience, but how much experience did DA have as a DC before he became a HC?

• DKnight007

Hope Carter can have some impact tomorrow at RDE or Tarver has him blitz

• Thec

RGIII, does not rely on his legs.

• DJ Johnny

DKnight,

Carter has one job tomorrow if he gets in…”Get to Manning and tear his head off”.

• r8eray

DKnight007 Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:15 am

=======

One of the main reasons we won last weeks game! If you look at Week 2 he didn’t do much if any.

I have no problem with him calling audibles!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Probably a high scoring game like last week.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DJ,

I can’t wait.
    The Undefeated Buckeyes will play the other team from the Ghetto State aka Mich.
    Damn Trojan wannabes!!!
    Damn you Mich!
    Go Buckeyes!!!!
    Fear The Nut (fruit) MFers!!!!!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

It would be nice to get Taiwan in the mix, see if he can pick up some chunks.

• Thec

When Palmee calls an audible, what playbook soes it come drom?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

We’re going to lose this week. Peyton looking at 1-3, his legacy’s on the line. We are NOT good enough to stop Peyton Manning when his back’s against the wall. Don’t even try to argue with me about because I will not sink down to you level and quibble with you over this!

Broncos 28 Raiders 17.

And just to round out what a horrible day tomorrow will be, the Niners will edge out the Jets.

Don’t bother responding.

• Thec

Lets try that again.

When Palmer calls an audible, what playbook does it come from?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

We can fire Knapp, put Al Saunders in as OC. Guess what?

Broncos 28, Raiders 17.

Don’t bother responding.

• DKnight007

Raiders need to contain McGahee and not let Manning pick them apart to tight ends and Decker

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Manning’s entire legacy on the line. He has to win tomorrow if he wants the second wind like Favre and Montana had. They fall to 1-3, probably no playoffs this year. Stick a fork in Peyton. He’s going to look as good tomorrow as he ever did in his career. Be wise and scroll on. Don’t respond.

• Thec

When guys are inured it does have an impact on what you can do schematically.

Last year Hue lost Qb wr rb,nthat had a massive effect.

• DJ Johnny

KoolKell Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 11:24 am
    It would be nice to get Taiwan in the mix, see if he can pick up some chunks

Yes. Definitely.

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

I’m rooting for the Raiders but betting on Denver. I only bet smart money. Putting my whole $270 savings on Peyton tomorrow. I play to win.

• r8eray

Bob Marley Says:
    September 29th, 2012 at 9:23 am
    As far as the Denver game, we should be able to run on them, it’s been 3 games now and we’re starting the same group from last week, it must start clicking now.

Miami and San Diego are currently 3rd and 4th vs the run, Pitt is 15th but would be near the top 5 if not for McFadden’s big run messing their average last week, those were stiff tests and we could not get going, but Denver is not particularly stout vs the run, this is the game where we can get back into our groove.

The Broncos are ranked 13th vs the run, but looking past the numbers you can see their solid rank comes from weks 1 and 2 when they played Pitt and Atl, ranked 30th and 26th in rushing yards, those 2 teams do not feature strong running games, now week 3 they played Houston and were gashed for 152 yards on 34 carries, good for a 4.5 per average.

===============

Broncos are ranked 13th overall vs the run -minus Joe Mays makes them 20th-ish vs. the run. Oh yeah…and no DJ Williams!

Look for DMC (licking his chops) to have a field day!!

• Thec

What makes mich the ghetto state?

• morilla

Everyone’s legacy has a beginning to the end. I think Sundays game could be that. I can see it going down ugly for the donks and Peyton.

• http://raiders.com Sullivan44

Screw it. I’m changing my prediction.

Manning has his back against the wall.

Fox knows what he’s doing. McGahee’s a beast.

Denver 52 Raiders 3.

Don’t respond. I don’t care what you think.

Move along now sweeties.

• r8eray

You are either with us or against us and if your not…go suck a Donkey D!ck!

;)