DHB, Gordon downgraded to `out’

The Raiders downgraded wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion) and tight end Richard Gordon (hamstring) to out Saturday, meaning neither will play against the Denver Broncos.

It’s not surprise Heyward-Bey won’t be playing, given that as of Friday he hadn’t passed any of his concussion tests and the severity of the blow he took from Pittsburgh’s Ryan Mundy.

Gordon’s absence will be felt in that the Raiders use a lot of packages with three tight ends and now will have only two _ Brandon Myers and David Ausberry _ active.

Gordon is also a core special teams player and leads the Raiders with four special teams tackles.

The Denver Broncos announced the promotion of Duke Ihenacho and Mike Mohammad from the practice squad. Ihenacho, a safety from San Jose State, is the brother of Carl Ihenacho, who recently went in other direction _ from 53-man roster to practice squad. Mohammad is the former Cal standout.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Just Fire Baby

I am starting D Moore today at WR.

He will see a lot of targets, and he has proven, IMO, so far that he makes something of it.

• Just Fire Baby

Bruce Campbell inactive again, in case anyone was concerned.

• Raider Riff

Thec Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 9:48 am
    Not concerned at all about the opponent. Raiders execute and make plays in all 3 facets of the game, we will win.

——-

Yep. That has usually always been the case with our teams.

Its the big what-if going into every weekend.

• Thec

I don’t kmow about starting DMO. He is foing to see the bracket all day.

Good thing though with the traditionals coming back he may get smoe calls.

Last game he was getting mugged.

Who is tampa bay playing?

• Thec

I hate typing on the ipad

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t expect massive things from Moore, but he will see 5-8 tosses today, IMO, and he is a playmaker, he will make something happen.

• VaRaiderNation

Was thinking that same thing jfb, and not sold on Jackson, he was the reason i lost last week. Just needed a little nudge in the right direction.

The guy who is going to have a big game is, JCRINER

• VaRaiderNation

thec, bucs are playing the skins today

The guy who is going to have a big game is, JCRINER

*******************************

That’s going out there, my man.

Will be the 4th WR today, and may not see more than a handful of snaps I would think.

• J Hill

There is no reason we shouldn’t win this game.

We have better talent.

Willies and Joes gawd dammmm it!!!!

Let’s get it done!

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am
    Bruce Campbell inactive again, in case anyone was concerned.

,,!!,,

Need to switch to de or te

• Just Fire Baby

I think one of our backup RB’s, Goodson or Taiwan, is going to see a lot of run in the 4th quarter of today’s laugher.

• Just Fire Baby

I am convinced the traffic cop in the Geico commercial is a better OT prospect than Bruce Campbell.

VaRaiderNation Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 9:57 am
    thec, bucs are playing the skins today

…….

Skins D is terrible, i would go jackson on this one.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Game Day! The best of all days!! Go Raiders!

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 9:58 am
    The guy who is going to have a big game is, JCRINER

*******************************

That’s going out there, my man.

,,,,,,,,,

You know me, i am good for the outlandish.

• J Hill

Ryder Cup, or football????

• VaRaiderNation

think im gonna stick with Moore, i may regret it, we will see.

• AmysInCharge

Going to A`s game, not interested in Raiders today…for all you shut-ins who are into score predictions heres mine…

Denver-48
    Oakland-17 …Im into reality.

Post script: Until the A`s season is over I wont bother with the Raiders.

• J Hill

Shotgun option run is a garbage offense.

• Thec

JFB, u want to give some action on the sea rams game?

I will take sea straight up.

• Raider Riff

Anyone who would rather watch anything over a Raiders v Broncos game has some serious issues and may not be as big of a fan as they think they are.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

At the age of one, I was drinking whiskey and gin
    At the age of two, I was eatin the bottles it came in

• J Hill

LOL at these celebrations.

Got me to thinking…..

Wonder why OLine cats don’t celebrate when they stop a DL from getting a sack, lol.

• Just Fire Baby

I’ll pass on that one Thec, thanks though.

Cable’s ZBS is dominating people right now.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

See how the 49ers brought in Kilpatrick to run a wildcat play?

• Just Win Baby

Marcel Reece has a huge day today. Broncos are going to be focusing on McFadden all day and Reece is going to be the 3rd TE option in some sets and be used in motion out of the backfield all day. Our WR should be better utilized in the second half when their LB don’t know who to cover anymore. We will outscore the Broncos by 2 touchdowns today…..Raiders 31 Broncos 17.

• Just Fire Baby

Cassel is garbage, not sure why KC hasn’t pulled the plug on that experiment after all these years.

• Plunketthead

arkraider Raiders 31-24
    Fingers Raiders 26-16
    Sweep The Leg Raiders 20-17
    8RaiderReign8 Raiders 23–20
    Amysincharge Dungver 48-17

Norco
    I know you have great seats so would you sell me your seats for the Browns game in week 13? If you sell them that is.
    That would be killer.
    I know you sold them last week and made money but I am not rich so be easy on the price if you can

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

KoolKell Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 10:15 am
    At the age of one, I was drinking whiskey and gin
    At the age of two, I was eatin the bottles it came in
    —–
    Kell wasted again. And, it’s only 10:30 in California.

• Plunketthead

Just win

I agree that Reese will have a big day. I was tempted to pick him up for FF

firebaby!! Bradshaw just said KC has the #1 offense in the NFL

And they still blow!

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 9:52 am
    Bruce Campbell inactive again, in case anyone was concerned.

================================================

We should gather a list of EVERYONE who lamented the Goodson trade and called him “Beast Campbell,” so we can engage in season-long gentle mockery.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 10:21 am

,,,,,,,,,.

Agreed…. He is efffin uo right now

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 30th, 2012 at 10:21 am

==========================================

Because god forbid Scott Pioli ever admit to a mistake.

• Plunketthead

Kapernik has been busy getting sleeves. I think he is the only QB with what looks like full sleeves

• Thec

3 targets in a row ro bowe…. How about a run play?

• Just Fire Baby

Nice of fox to throw in some Erik B and Rakim going into the commerical break.

• Thec

Chefs throwing in the towel

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

77F chance of rain

• PlunkforHOF

Plunk#1: Thanks for digging back to find my pick.. I was kinda buzzed and forgot what it was.

Also: PlunkforHOF predicts that Seabass kicks a 64 yarder for the record!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex Smith running the option play?

• Just Fire Baby

There has been some huge storms coming through from Texas, but I don’t think the rain has came West enough to effect Denver much, if at all.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Are you guys watching how the 49ers are using Colin Kapernick?

• Plunketthead

No problem Plunk. I just went back three pages and you happened to fall in there

I take it back Kapernick does not have full sleeves but he is working on it

• Just Fire Baby

There is a lot of quit in Cassel, more so than maybe any other QB in the league.

• Just Fire Baby

I liked Cappy coming out of UNR, has a rocket arm.

You would think the Jets would be prepared for the rinky-dink offense, with Tebow on their sidelines.

• JB

The Niners are looking good especially with Kaepernick running the option. They are using Kaepernick like the Jets wanted to use Tebow. Bottom line is we should seriously look at using Pryor in the same fashion. It would help open up DMac and that is a god thing.

• Thec

The chefs are fckin worthless

• Thec

The org would be wise to dress Pryor. Let the opponenfs dco spend time and energy planning for it.