DHB on the field, catching passes

The most notable sight at Raiders practice Tuesday was the sight of Darrius Heyward-Bey on the field, catching passes and looking very much like a receiver who will be cleared by the time play resumes following the bye week.

Heyward-Bey, knocked unconscious Sept. 23 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, was running and catching through warmups and drills. It is not known if Heyward-Bey has been cleared for contact and coach Dennis Allen is unavailable to the media Tuesday.

The Raiders practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then are off through Sunday.

Players who were not at practice Tuesday included tackle Khalif Barnes (groin) and corneback Shawntae Spencer (knee), both of whom are out indefinitely.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• The Big Banana

DJ Johnny Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:17 pm
    So you geniuses looked at the game against Denver and in your superior wisdom have determined that it is Palmer who was blame?

That is the most idiotic take I have ever read.

Sell that to anybody other than some of the retarded people with agendas on this blog and you would be laughed out of town.

THAT is what you take away from the Denver game?

——

The simple like to keep it simple. Team’s not winning? Blame the QB.

Because we all know you can just take any 10 guys on the offense, any 11 on defense, pick any ole goob for your HC, insert Pro Bowl QB and bazinga! Super Bowl!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Palmer is still gettin his 12 million this year.. he just restructred it and got more money up front.

I knew once getting palmer it would set this franchise back even more. That wasnt Mckenzie’s problem.. that was hue who did that.

Now we were gonna be stuck with palmer at least this year.. maybe… maybe next too.

• RaiderDebo

Silverandblack666 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    “RaiderDebo Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:17 pm
    Thec Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    “You just changed the whole complextion of the bet.”

Yes I did sorry about that but not ready to give you $100 that easy….I did also take the risk out on your end saying that you do not have to pay me no matter what happens.

1 playoff win by the Michael Vick lead Eagles and you can have my $100

+++++++++

Ok brother, you got it. One more disclaimer, If vick goes down and misses games the bet is null and void.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@”

If Jamarcus Russell comes out of retirement and makes the 53 man roster of another NFL team I will give you $100.

Ok now you are included!
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I’ll take it. Speaking of, it amazes me how everyone is finally waking up to the idea that QBs are only as good as their supporting casts. I guess it took an epic flop by a guy like Palmer to slap some sense into some of you guys. Compared to what JR had around him in 2009, Palmer is playing with a HOF supporting cast. Never did get why people didn’t see this with our #1 overall pick.

• Just Fire Baby

how many teams go to the playoffs after a 1-3 start?

************************

How about last years AFC West division winners?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I could care less what any guy is making, but I’d be interested to know why all the people up in arms about salries on this team have no problem with Palmer’s.
    ———————–
    When white players make money they deserve it. When A/A’s make money it’s welfare. That’s why.

• Dakota

Going with a certain philosophy is fine….just don’t hire rejects like Knapp to try and implement it.

• Thec

I’m very concerned that Smiley Tittyboy isn’t RAIDER material.

++++++++++

ROFLMAO…..hahahahahahaha

• DutchRaider77

@RaiderDebo
    I agree…wow, Palmer should have taken a nice paycut for our rescue and sacrifice that the Raider organization gave up to get him off the couch. Could have brought in a couple of quality Free agents with that freeed up money.

But you cannot tell me you have been impressed with the play of Kelly and Seymour, these guys are supposed to be our difference makers. I had very high expectations for these guys.

• inonewordraider

the count down to TP6 is on palmer seat is hotter than niki minaj’s snatch
    _______________
    gotta admit tho, hard to agree with your CP “evaluation” when you vouched for Troy Smith and Joe Webb. I mean i know i keep bringing those up, but Troy Smith and Joe Webb, really?

• Just Fire Baby

Although Carson deserves a lot of credit for his tutledge and general baby-sitting of Terrell Pryor.

If TP ever turns into a decent QB for the Raiders, Carson will deserve a lot of credit for not acting like Brett Favre and some of these other ego-driven QB’s who snub their noses at the youngsters.

• RaiderDebo

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    ===================================

Maybe because only if you are completely blind would you think Carson Palmer is the problem with this team.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

We are 1-3!!! I would be less critical if he WAS the problem. But he’s proving to be a non-factor! Again, why pay a non-factor $12 million per if we’re all so damn worried about the salary cap?

• The Oracle

Where are our bye-week secondary and OL tryout announcements? Is one DE all we are adding to the mix?

C’mon Reggie…push some buttons.

• Dan78

KoolKell Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:25 pm
    ———————–
    —————————–
    Do you have a link to prove that statement?

• Just Fire Baby

A’s need to go for that division win, I don’t like the setup for these WC teams.

Not as bad if you are the home team for the elimination game, but if Balt or Oak has to fly crossed-coast for a one game elimination, that is tough.

• RaiderDebo

DutchRaider77 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:27 pm
    @RaiderDebo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

So far, not impressed with a single player on the roster, or any of the coaches for that matter.

• papertiger418

How about you Palmer critics give him a break since he’s had THREE different offensive coordinators over his past three seasons of action?

That’s the excuse everyone used for Campbell, right?

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I can’t blame Palmer. Knapp tied everyone’s hands behind their back.

• inonewordraider

C’mon Reggie…push some buttons
    _________________
    anyone good on Green Bays PS?

• JLofty

Hahaha, Debo are you REALLY in here defending Jamayonnaise again/still? Can i borrow whatever glasses you wear? I need some that rosy lense stuff about now….

• The Big Banana

——-

Make it 4. No way we keep the used car salesman if this crap doesn’t improve.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

DJ Johnny Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:23 pm

245.inonewordraider Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:20 pm
    don’t tell me you like tavaris jackson too?

Of course. He has one important quality/feature that Brady, Rodgers and the Manning bros. don’t have.

Can u guess what it is?
    ====================

sorry not a t-jax fan too many turn overs, but those other guys you mentioned in this post are very good. i would take all of them over palmer without hesitation

• Dan78

I can’t blame Palmer. Knapp tied everyone’s hands behind their back
    —————————————
    This is why AL favored the players over the coaches.

• RaiderDebo

papertiger418 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm

That’s the excuse everyone used for Campbell, right?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Campbell didn’t need any excuses in Oakland. When he started, we won games. In fact, the last time I expected the Raiders to win games was when he was the QB. I tip my cap to him.

• JLofty

Thec and Lefty, you must not have been watching the same camera/broadcast as I was of the A’s clubhouse last night. Yes, plenty of spraying but also a goodly number of bottles being tipped into mouths too.
    I’m an A’s fan, just think it’s a little childish (of ALL baseball players/people) to party like it’s 1999 when there’s a division title on the line TODAY and you haven’t won anything but a play-in game like the 65th team in the NCAA…

• JLofty

Dan78 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    I can’t blame Palmer. Knapp tied everyone’s hands behind their back
    —————————————
    This is why AL favored the players over the coaches.

And how well has that worked out for us since 1982?

• Dakota

Which team is this Jason Campbell guy starting for again?

• Raiderjambo

Did see a “TEAM” on Sunday who went out there and played for their undisputed leader, who had recently passed away,and who was the person responsible for their early success, and were busting their hump for their new coach/GM. Who were playing for the love of the game,and not that big fat paycheck.When their backs were against the wall stood up and kicked some ass! My beloved OAKLAND RAIDERS, nah actually the European Ryder Cup team.

• RAIDERMAN99

Getting a kick out of this proposed Beagles wager.

My best friend is a huge Beagles fan.

He enjoys telling me how bad the Raids suck and I enjoy telling him to STFU and get busy polishing the RAID’S THREE LOMBARDI’S.

So about 15 years ago we made a bet.

The bet was that the RAIDS would win their FOURTH SB before the BEAGLES get off the schneid.

100 bucks. The money doesn’t mean squadouche. This is a pride bet.

Been sweating that one out for too gawddamned long now.

Even placed a bet on the Beagles + the points against the Patsies and thanked my buddy for his Beagles making me money and crushing his hopes of taking mine.

Sadly, those stinking green birds have won some tight games already this year and if they improve could pose a threat.

Truthfully though, I see signs that Vick is on the decline. He looked punch drunk against AZ. I don’t think the Beagles are SB material unless MV plays lights out. But I can’t/don’t count them out.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dakota Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Which team is this Jason Campbell guy starting for again?
    ——————–
    He had a winning record here.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

The Big Banana Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:23 pm

DJ Johnny Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:17 pm

That is the most idiotic take I have ever read.

THAT is what you take away from the Denver game?

——

The simple like to keep it simple. Team’s not winning? Blame the QB.

==============

lol bannana in the tail pipe,

THAT WAS ALL I HEARD HERE LAST YEAR JUST ADD PALMER BRING TO A BOIL AND VIOLA INTSANT OFFENSIVE POWERHOUSE AND SUPER BOWL PARADES.

this has hardly been the case

the trade is a flop unless plamer delivers the playoffs this year. he was technically brought in last year to deliver the playoffs and failed woefully, but i wont hold you palmer worshipers to that.

• raiderinparadise

Palmer was 9-12 for 143 in first half ….. game was 10-6

coaches blew that game.

• The Big Banana

lol bannana in the tail pipe,

——

And there it is. This from the guy that accused me of name calling. True to form, you are. ;)

• SaintKaufman

testing….

• SaintKaufman

Uh, can you get mod’d for using god?

• SaintKaufman

nevermind. don’t know what happened.

• SaintKaufman

Palmer rules!

Go Raiders!

• JLofty

Don’t know Kaufman, my last 4 posts are all modded and I can’t figure out why.

• RaiderDebo

RMAN99 Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:39 pm
    Getting a kick out of this proposed Beagles wager.

My best friend is a huge Beagles fan.

So about 15 years ago we made a bet.

100 bucks. The money doesn’t mean squadouche. This is a pride bet.

Been sweating that one out for too gawddamned long now.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The Eagles are scary. Under Andy Reid, they always get it going in the second half of the season. That they’ve pulled the games out that they have against that schedule should make every NFC team very scared. Vick got his ass kicked the 1st three games behind an injury-plagued OL, but still pulled out most of them because he is a pure badass. Ask any Giant defender who he’d rather face between Brady and Vick and any guy that says Vick is a lying sack of sht.

• SaintKaufman

Cause we some bad dudes JLofty!

• inonewordraider

dang we’re gonna be horrible this year and i’m gonna have to hear mistic tell us that we said cp was the next coming of christ but he’s a bust. the few games we win not a peep about cp but if cam rgIII or russell wilson win that’s what we’ll hear about. just f it all and bring back tom walsh as OC

• JLofty

SK, I may have to whip out a can of….
    “Just Fix It Baby” on Becker. You’d think a fellow IT guy would show some professional courtesy my way…

• The Big Banana

——

I will say this…you can be a funny guy. I like the wording here.

You and I both know that claim was made based on last year’s offense. Would Jason succeed with a league-worst running game and no time to throw? You and I know the answer, let’s see if you’re honest about it or if you continue to push your propaganda.

• JLofty

How does mention of Tom Walsh NOT get modded?
    It brings me so MUCH pain.
    Oops I said it myself…

• SaintKaufman

Mistic just wants to watch college football on Sundays.

I like having a pro league on Sundays myself.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Who cares where JC is at now.

But he was doing good things for this team b4 injury.. go back on utube and look at his 2011 throws.. look at that buffalo game was a shootout and he kept up.. look at the Texan game again. Even look at his 2010 games against the division.

Bottom line is Palmer hasnt really shown any real real upgrade and for 8 million dollars more.. HUE F’d up on that one

Just like HUE is coaching DBacks now.. but he was RIGHT FOR THIS TEAM in a rebuilding year last year. ROOKIE HC 8-8 season.

Raiders dont have a chance at beating ATL in ATL why? cuz they have no defense. You can be up by 2 tds with 5 mins left and ATL will still come back.

lol at playoffs this year. Raiders will be done by week 6

• SaintKaufman

LOL JLofty!!

• Dan78

Has DA made any statements today?

• JLofty

Banana, all the proof you need for results was Soup’s first game against the Titans when he looked like a rabbit surrounded by Coyotes. Once he even fell to ground untouched. Guy was JITTERY. Not that I blame him, guy took a heck of a beating in his career…

• RaiderDebo

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    October 2nd, 2012 at 2:50 pm
    Who cares where JC is at now.

lol at playoffs this year. Raiders will be done by week 6
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Great post!

• JLofty

DA is NA today according to Jerry…