Status quo for Raiders as Falcons game nears

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen and his staff have had 10 days to evaluate the 53-man roster and take steps to make any necessary tweaks before Sunday’s game against the Atlanta Falcons.
As of now, McKenzie and Allen appear content to soldier on with the 53 players who were on the roster against the Denver Broncos on Sept. 30.
Allen said the Raiders didn’t work out any players last week, and we haven’t been able to confirm whether they did so Tuesdday, when the players had the day off.
Even if the Raiders did work out any players Tuesday, there aren’t any new faces on the field at practice today.

– Right offensive tackle Khalif Barnes (groin), cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot) and tight end Richard Gordon (hamstring) aren’t practicing today.
Barnes and Spencer are week-to-week. Gordon is day-to-day. Willie Smith is working at Barnes’ spot, with Michael Huff taking reps at cornerback once again.
David Ausberry is getting plenty of action at practice, along with starter Brandon Myers.

– The Raiders play at 10 a.m. on Sunday. In recent years, Raiders coaches adjusted the practice schedule the week of such games to simulate the time of the upcoming game.
No such tactic with Allen. He used it for the regular-season opener, when he had his players practice at the Coliseum on a Saturday nigth at about the time of their Monday night game two days later.

Steve Corkran

• CJ Legend 34

I love the silver and black but it is really depressing being a Raiders fan right now. Just the coaching staff I just can’t figure this team out. Not being able to get DMAC going is one of the greatest disappointments of the year in my book.

• Plunketthead

I am having a hard time believing Raider fan thinks we cannot win. Thats all the raiders are about, just win baby.

The scatbirds are who they have always been, LOSERS.
    Punch juliet in the mouth, knock matty down every chance you get and put two men on Roddy

Knap will draw up a killer game plan based on his years of experiance :smile:
    Run and pass to McfaddenGet the ball in our playmakers hands

This will be easy and next monday everyone will say that Plunketthead sure is smart

• JLofty

• JLofty

Keep the faith PH!

• jesusraiderjim

I just can’t believe with these coaches pedigree(or lack thereof) that they can not motivate this team or make halftime adjustments.

They need to break a foot off in someones arse if ya know what I mean.
    Surely to God they can see what is going on and fix it. They can’t be that stupid. Can they?

• Plunketthead

CJ
    Do you have what it takes to become a semipro?

• jesusraiderjim

Plunkethead
    That is correct sir.
    I am down with you. GO RAIDERS!!!

I just want to see our team play a whole game without giving up!

• beechams gay lover

did oakfoshow go running back into the closet? ooo thats not good

102.Plunketthead Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

The scatbirds are who they have always been, LOSERS.

Knap will draw up a killer game plan based on his years of experiance
    Run and pass to McfaddenGet the ball in our playmakers hands

——————————-
    I’m counting on you to be right! I am sure our DBs can cover Julio Jones, Roddy White and Gonzalez. Right? Our DBs suck!!! It will be a freakn miracle if we win this game. But miracles happen every single day. I’m in! Lets go!!! : )

• The Big Banana

Status quo? We still suck, eh?

107.Plunketthead Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:12 pm
    CJ
    Do you have what it takes to become a semipro?

————————
    Yes!!! I’m from MI!!!

• The Big Banana

RockyMountainRaider Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm
    NFC teams are 15-6 against AFC opponents this season. In those games, they have outscored the AFC by over 10 PPG including 6 wins by 20+ – Vic Tafur

Ouch!

——-

Mentioned thus yesterday. AFC getting their asses handed to them by NFC

• Just Win Baby

raiderdav Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    McKenzie and Allen arae nothing but talkers, you are telling me 10 days to evaluate everything and they found nothing wrong with this team, Coaches , Players, Staff all okay, give me a fking break. The McKenzie and Allen duo wont last here they are nothign but phonies .

===========================
    Who are the immediate improvements that you would bring in?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I honestly dont give a Dayyyum who is on the team anymore or in the future.

As long as next to the Raiders name is a “W” in the column. dgaf. As long as the Raiders team wins dont care.

Players will come and go. as long as the Raiders win. Thats all i care about. NAP u POS u bettah get it together and get DMAC rollin phagg

• CJ Legend 34

Maybe if we stay with Knapps offense, which I highly doubt but we could become as efficent on offense as the Texans are today.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

CJ Legend 34 Says: I see not much action on this blog as well. Just a bunch a dudes at home in the basement of their Mom’s house jack-n and jaw jacking on each other!!! /////////Kinda guilty, but oakfoshow is even more tempting than mr.

117.Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

————————–
    LMAO!!!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Just Win Baby Says: Who are the immediate improvements that you would bring in?///////////////////Al Saunders already here.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

But they may have moved, at least partially, in that direction and we wouldn’t know.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

I hope they wouldn’t tell us.

• DutchRaider77

114.Just Win Baby Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    raiderdav Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 1:35 pm

===========================
    Who are the immediate improvements that you would bring in?

________________________________________________________

Not just that, but if there is changes coming, do you announce them to the press? So the Falcons can prepare for them? I could imagine that Cork probably knows things that he isn’t supposed to announce…STATE SECRETS

• mcfadden20.

I have always confidence that Raiders can pull a win any freaking week … If you want to keep on saying we have no chance blah blah blah then f*ck you , and don’t ever show up here again .. I’m pretty sure you guys were the one’s who expected us to lose to Pittsburgh as well , then came here and said u expected us to win all along.. no you guys didn’t stfu and gtfo here

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Just Win Baby Says: Who are the immediate improvements that you would bring in?/////////////////That’s funny. No offense, DJ, you know I’m on your side, mostly. Don’t seem to be on anybody’s side all the time.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Ignore that last post. Mixed messages.

• CJ Legend 34

I don’t think you can bring to many players in that are available at this point that would the team. Biggest mistake Reggie made was relying on two injury prone, older DBs to start on each side. Plus, I think the young talent was a real let down. I thought DVD and Checkwa would have turned out better.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

JLofty Says: wtf are you talking about DJ? You use too many prepositions and not enough proper nouns. Who are you referring too?///////////That’s funny. No offense, DJ, you know I’m on your side, mostly. Don’t seem to be on anybody’s side all the time.

• Raiderbuck

Really people, this team is hurting. Both players and coaches. Unless God himself, or God lets the ghost of Al come down and trip up the Falcons we are NOT winning this game.

I love my Raiders, but we are awful.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

mcfadden20, preach it!

• boss01

=====================

Every team has a puncher’s chance…it’s just this sunday the chance hovers around 2-3%…….that’s not to say that people here don’t go into sundays hoping miracles happen.

But to ask an objective person to expect the Raiders to win this sunday is just being delusional.

• CJ Legend 34

No reason crying over spilt milk but I hated the fact that Al let Nnamdi go and paid Routt and Huff those crazy contracts. Neither one of those guys was worth that money! Nnamdi was proven at the CB position. If he was still on the team we would be light years ahead at the corner position.

Not to mention how Huff said he reached out to Nnamdi this year to ask him about his corner technique and Nam schooled him. Could you imagine him doing that for this team now.

I hope we bring Nam back one day and have him play safety after he has aged or nickel.

• CJ Legend 34

Yeah even given Sunday a pro team can win a game, but lets be honest. Our team has sucked @$$ so far!!! We have to get better! So they beat a injured Stealers team.

We still have a lot of talent on this team we just need to make it come together. That Denver game was painful.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

258.0 (12th) Pass Off. 281.6 (7th)
    60.8 (32nd) Rush Off. 94.8 (21st)
    283.0 (26th) Pass Def. 203.0 (7th)
    128.5 (24th) Rush Def. 142.8 (27th) Raiders on left, Falcons on right. It’s not like we’re miles apart and that’s with us under performing.

• JLofty

P/I/FD i wasn’t taking sides I just couldn’t understand what DJ was referring to since he never used a noun. I don’t have any issues with DJ. He’s a Raider fan and just as important, NOT a d0ucheb@g like so many others….

• CJ Legend 34

We did make a good move by letting Chaz “The Glass” Schilens go. He is weak on that Jets team. Could not recover an onside kick that was in both of his hands. What a waste of talent.

• JLofty

Hey JWB, I’d look hard at Plax. Not saying I’d do it but I’d look hard. I might also see what Goethel can do….

• DutchRaider77

95.7-Mark Sanchez QB rating is 66.6!

Watch out Captain Jesus!

• CJ Legend 34

This is the srtategy our offense wants to execute. It can be done but I am not sure we have the zone players up front to do it. I guess it did take the Texans some time as well. I guess we can’t expect magic with all the change this team has had.

136.JLofty Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

—————————————————

Why no one has picked up Plax is beyond me! There are a number of teams that need a WR like us right now.

• Raiderbuck

CJ Legend 34 Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

*************************************************

Must be some major red flags we don’t know about. That’s the only thing I can think of,….

• JLofty

Yes CJ, that is absolutely the truth. It takes time.
    It took the Texans 3-4 years to get that offense rolling with a fairly capable set of offensive coaches.
    I think DA took the wrong approach of trying to change too much too fast. hurts in the short run for sure but it might pay dividends in the long term…
    Hopefully they made some adjustments last/this week and we get some dirty bird bbq wings on Sunday AM….

• raiderinparadise

PLAX would have been a nice addition 4-5 weeks ago …. but with the bye already behind us and Hagan already knowing the whole offense, its pointless. PLAX would be a 1 season pick-up anyways and for him to join now would be a learning/conditioning curve/timing curve with Carson and all… Not worth it to me. We need to get to the red zone often to make PLAX valuable anyways. He is a red-zone machine but the other 80 yards on the field he isn’t that guy anymore in his career at this point.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

JLofty Says: P/I/FD i wasn’t taking sides.///////I knew that, just didn’t want DJ to think I was laughing at him.

• DJ Johnny

JLofty Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Thx Purvisman. No problem.

Sorry, I was referring to our esteemed HC. I was just trying to point out that he too suffers by not making improvements IF by sticking with the “status quo” results in more and more big losses.

As far as what I do immediately to make things better? I would bench McClain and move Burris to MLB and then Goethel to Burris’s spot.

Also, I would have Palmer go more no huddle to keep defenses off balance.

Those are just a couple of things I would do.

It’s hard for me to imagine that

• DJ Johnny

…random sentence ended last post.

It’s hard for me to imagine anybody doing a careful analysis of this team and just saying afterword “we just need to execute better”.

There has to be more wrong than just that.

• Plunketthead

CJ 34

Allright!!! Raiders will roll.
    Seriously the falcons have Matty to WR’s and Turner seems to be able to run now and then. Thats about it. Their D is not

We can shut down the run and hope we get pressure with our 4 man rush. Then just play takeaway. Lee seems to be real good at it.

CP will play well especially if DMAC gets going and he is overdue. I expect a big week from him.

It really easy to beat the birds. they are not that good and we are not that bad

Its not like we are going to boston to play Brady

• raiderinparadise

What I would do ? Make up for the run game with Reece in the flats, screens and WR bubble screens …..

• jesusraiderjim

DJ Johnny Says:
    October 10th, 2012 at 3:27 pm
    …random sentence ended last post.

There has to be more wrong than just that.
    ——————————————–

DJ I agree whole heartedly however what are they gonna say? They can not be that stupid or blind not to see the problems. They are just not gonna tell us. We will see what’s up sunday

• DaRaiders022

Status Quo,stay the course, be patient, will take some time…get used to these phrases folks! It appears these coaches have no understanding or passion on being an Oakland Raider! Let’s not forget how our special teams play has sucked eggs this season! “Losing, is a disease” we need some cures…QUICK!!!

• DJ Johnny

Jesusraiderjim,

Fair enough. Seems if he was gonna come out and say he’s doing this analysis in the first place, he might come out and say “yeah, we saw alot of stuff we can fix…and we’ll go about doing that. I won’t get into specifics but I think you’ll see eveidence of our progress this Sunday”.

I don’t know. I guess it doesn’t matter if he announces things or not, and I hope he is going about fixing things and is just being coy about it.

You’re right. We’ll see Sunday.