DT Kelly joins sidelined players

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, October 11th, 2012 at 12:05 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly is not practicing today as a result of a sore foot. Not sure if this qualifies as a setback, given he practiced in a limited capacity Wednesday.
Fellow starting defensive tackle Richard Seymour still is battling a sore knee. Therefore, it’s likely that primary backup Desmond Bryant will see more playing time inside, with rookie Christo Bilukidi also in line for more snaps.
The fact Kelly is watching practice bodes well for his playing Sunday. If his foot was severely hurt, it’s doubtful that he would be standing around on a cold day.

– Right offensive tackle Khalif Barnes (groin), cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot) and tight end Richard Gordon (hamstring) are the only other players on the 53-man roster unable to practice today.
Of the three, Gordon is the one with a best chance of playing Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons. Even so, he hasn’t practiced at all this week, so coach Dennis Allen, no doubt, would feel a lot better about using Gordon if he gets to see him on the field Friday.

– This is the day of the week that offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and defensive coordinator Jason Tarver speak with the media.
So, stay tuned for their takes on how much progress the offense and defense made during the bye week and what changes they made, if any, to help jump-start their struggling units.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

3rd down from both units has been dismal. Both units are at the bottom of the league in 3rd down conversions allowed, and missed.
    ————-
    Yes, but the inability for the Offense to pick up 1st downs hurts the defense.

• inonewordraider

He was asked Monday how he planned to get his team back up to speed quickly after a week off.

“Getting back out here and working and getting the timing back both offensively and defensively and even in the kicking game,” Allen said. “Just getting back out here and playing football again.”
    ______________
    does the guy even give a schit? hope he’s alot more fiery than he seems

• Plunketthead

Its your swiss story
    make it as big as you want it
    But I bet everyone in your party thinks your creepy and thats before you lock yourself in the room all day to blog

• The Big Banana

Humm Baby! Giants!

Now let’s go A’s!

• Dan78

Hey Kell why dont you Randy Moss a favor and stay there….

• The Beeech Dawg

I do not have a problem with KrappyRat mooching 15 trips to Switzerland off his Wife & Her Bowl Cut

I DO have a problem with the Old Troll leering at young boys walking around town in NFL gear

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Plunketthead Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Its your swiss story
    make it as big as you want it
    —————-
    Nope, my wife’s family and friends love me. I’ve been knowing them almost 30 years.
    But, most of the older ones don’t speak English, and I don’t speak Swiss\German. So, I kill a little time on my IPad.

But keep dreaming

• inonewordraider

“Well, you can’t throw everything out and just start over in the middle of the year,” Allen said

________________________________
    you can throw something out if it’s not gna be the best in the long run. just be effective and who gives a schit what you say or how you say it

• Just Fire Baby

Goethel sucks, his 100% is about as good as Rolando’s 65%.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

—————
    According to your gay lover, leering at boys is your game

• inonewordraider

Goethel sucks, his 100% is about as good as Rolando’s 65
    ______________
    unfortunately you’re right and i think mcclain will have a good performance this week but if he doesn’t give the effort f him. lack of effort rubs off on teammates as does 100% effort

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Goethel sucks, his 100% is about as good as Rolando’s 65%.
    —————–
    Wow, agreed.

• Dan78

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

———————–
    I bet he really love it if they are wearing a black #18 jersey

• The Beeech Dawg

KrappyRat, you’ve “been knowing them almost 30 years”?

Tell the truth old troll, she introduces you as her butler, yes?

You gotta think it’s strange you always have to eat in the kitchen while everyone else is in the dining room

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:43 pm
    KrappyRat, you’ve “been knowing them almost 30 years”?

Tell the truth old troll, she introduces you as her butler, yes?

———–
    Lame. But you are lame.

• theghostronin79

101.KoolKell Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:30 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:29 pm

————-
    Yes, but the inability for the Offense to pick up 1st downs hurts the defense.
    ==============

Absolutely does. After giving up a 16 play 7 minute drive capped WITH a TD at the end, and only getting 3 plays OFF….Then go back out there. It’s no wonder they can’t stop nothin for more than a half of football.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Goethel sucks, his 100% is about as good as Rolando’s 65%.
    ===================================

Don’t know if I would agree with that. McClains 65% is about the equivalent of Ray Lewis at 0%. And I mean seriously. McClain has gone entire games with one or no tackles. How does a middle linebacker do that? And why he is not taken out in the sub packages is beyond me. He is a COMPLETE liability in the passing game.

• Just Fire Baby

DA’s job was to implement his system (first and foremost) and be successful at it.

There is no nothing outside of his system, either it fails and he gets fired, or it doesn’t and he stays.

There isn’t a HC in the league that would be willing to have his GM come in and cut him off at the knee’s and tell them to do something else.

Just the way it works.

• The Beeech Dawg

Dan78 Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:41 pm

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

———————–
    I bet he really love it if they are wearing a black #18 jersey

————-

There’s gotta be some kind of European Amber Alert # we can call

We owe it to the good people of Switzerland to protect their children from unemployed realtor riff raff

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dumb Beeech, I bet you’ve never been 50 miles outside of Sacramento, yes?

• Just Fire Baby

lack of effort rubs off on teammates as does 100% effort

******************************

Agreed there.

That’s why a benching of Rolando would strictly be to hopefully motivate him, not to kick-start the Travis Goethel era.

• JLofty

I didn’t say Goethel was good. At least he’s going 100% and I feel less ripped off when the D gets torched. But I don’t agree Goethel < 65% McSlow.
    Last time we saw him play, he had the woefully out of position Wimberly, Groves and Trevor Scott playing OLB in an Al Davis 1975 Dscheme. Not exactly a glowing chance to show your stuff…

• theghostronin79

lack of effort rubs off on teammates as does 100% effort

******************************

Agreed there.

==============

BAM….well said.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    lack of effort rubs off on teammates as does 100% effort

******************************

Agreed there.

————–
    Yes, but he’d probably pout.

• LondonAl

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    Everyone focuses on Seymour and Kelly but Houston and Shaugnessy have not gotten the results they need to for our defense to be successful.
    ================================
    True Seymour but it’s fair to say that Dick & Tommy get paid a huge amount of money and I feel they don’t warrant the money when I see thm play for the Raiders week in week out.

• Gdog

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Goethel sucks, his 100% is about as good as Rolando’s 65%.
    ===================================

>>>>>

Indeed.

He actually looked pretty good the first game. Now he looks slow and clueless. And one would think when he jumps a running gap that by sheer dumb luck he would pick the right one every once in awhile, but I have yet to see it. He has the football intuition of a 10 year old. Its almost staggering how often he takes himself out of a play.

Are Allen and Tarver watching different games than us fans? Nothing gets fixed… and there is absolutely ZERO reason for him to be in the game on 3rd and long. Not only can he not cover, he will miss the tackle allowing just enough yardage for the first. We’ve only seen it 300 times in three years.

• The Beeech Dawg

KrappyRat I live in Marina Del Rey, you senile old blog goober

Although I’d love to hear your list of all the cities you’ve visited again, for laughs

I know you believe it’s a badge of honor to have traveled internationally

Good stuff, troll

• Just Fire Baby

I am a proud drum-banger for Slo-Mania, but even I am suprised he is on the field EVERY SNAP.

Dude looks winded sometimes, for sheer conditioning issues you would think they would sub a package every now and than.

This isn’t baseball and he isn’t Livan Hernandez, there is no playing your way into shape here.

• JLofty

I can’t believe what a dissapointment Rolando McClain has been. He’s getting up in the same conversation as Jamayonnaise in my book. If only cuz I was hoping Al would pick him and I was happy when he did. Now turns out I was wrong. WAAAY wrong. Despite the frequency of it, I hate being wrong….

• Just Fire Baby

I just remember watching Goethel play in preseason and some in 2010, and seeing guys blow past him like he was in quick sand.

He might be better with plays in front of him and stuff, but even with the Slo-graze of Rolando McClain, I still think he gets sideline to sideline faster than Goethel.

I would bet money on it.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I know you believe it’s a badge of honor to have traveled internationally
    ——————-
    Who doesn’t, you?

• JLofty

I think you are missing the point JFB. Most of us are simply sick of that guy and would take even Travis Goethel for the love of crimminy over him….

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Can’t wait to hear Tarver and Knapp…Tarver inherited a D ranked 29th (yards) and has improved it to 25th, not amazing stuff.

Knapp did the same thing, took the 9th ranked O (yds) and turned it into the 25th!

so I guess we must be at best the 25th ranked team, with our special teams being the laughing stock of the NFL and all.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Gdog Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Indeed.

========================================

This is EXACTLY what I see. Well said.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Traveling is the greatest investment. The farther you travel the more you grow… One more thing, Epcot Center is not considered international travel.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

theghostronin79 Says: If they win Sunday, I’ll be happy not elated,
    If they Lose, I’ll be bummed but not crushed.////////////It sucks they made me feel this way, too. Even after 34 years and in my twenties back then, not a kid. If they were 1 and 3 with hard fought games, great coaching and heart breaking losses, I would still be elated or crushed with a win or a loss. But not after seeing the product they put on the field vs. Miami and Dungver. But they could get my passion back with even a loss with effort on Sunday and then climbing back to 4 and 4. Because, win, lose or tie Raider Nation ’till I die. We shall see.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

It certainly gives you perspective.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

JLofty Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 3:03 pm

========================================

As much as I hate to say it, I am beginning to think Jabustuss level with McClain as well. He looks hurt out there.

• Gdog

Macho Man Randy Savage Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

>>>>

I actually think the STs has improved tremendously.

• The Beeech Dawg

KoolKell Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I know you believe it’s a badge of honor to have traveled internationally
    ——————-
    Who doesn’t, you?

————–

K-Rat, any fool with a passport can buy a plane ticket
    What about that doesn’t make sense?

• LondonAl

Anyone think McClain is avoiding contact on plays? Is he injured or scared? Or plain stupid when it comes to football?

• JLofty

When did that happen Gdog?

• DT42

inonewordraider Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

________________________________
    ——————————–
    Just think in a couple of years when DA is Head Coach of Texas A&M and challenging for a National Championship, he will talk about how much he learned from all of the mistakes he made when he was with Oakland.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

K-Rat, any fool with a passport can buy a plane ticket
    What about that doesn’t make sense?
    —————
    True Fool, except you, evidently.

• Gdog

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

>>>>

I wonder if there isn’t something really wrong with him? Like I said, I thought he looked good the first week. Now he is just jogging around out there like everything happening is a complete surprise to him.

That doesn’t explain why Allen keeps him in the game though.

How much worse can Goethal really be?

• Just Fire Baby

*************************

No I get it, people aren’t happy with the perceived effort of #55.

I just wish we had a better plan B than a slow, white, undersized, oft-hurt, hack named Travis Goethel.

• Just Fire Baby

Maybe McClain is having issues quiting dipping, a la Josh Hamilton.

• JLofty

Okay JFB, I go along with that…
    That guy is going to have his @$$ CUT come January or March or whenever the first day of cutting the hacks comes…

• Just Fire Baby

I almost pulled off #147 with a straight face…..almost

• Gdog

JLofty Says:
    October 11th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

When did that happen Gdog?
    >>>>>

The punt coverage’s has been much better. Seabass usually just gets a touchback, so that is something. Lechlar and Seabass are still pro-bowlers.

With the exception of the tremendous punt block going through Myers… what am I missing to say our STs are the NFL laughing stock lately?