Jon Becker

• Marks hair

I think the chrones disease slows slo down.. that and he’s a dumb thug.

• R8ER MIKE

Marks hair Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 8:25 am
    I think the chrones disease slows slo down.. that and he’s a dumb thug
    ***********************
    if he would just admit to being a
    GreenParty party member, it would
    explain a lot !!! lol lol lol

• guest123

Steelers rookie DL Ta’amu SUSPENDED

****charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor offenses******

After enduring several NFL-mandated suspensions the past three seasons, the Steelers punished one of their own when they suspended rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu for two games without pay after he was charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor offenses in connection with a police chase on the South Side early Sunday morning.

Coach Mike Tomlin announced the suspension at his Tuesday news conference.

“We deemed his actions to be detrimental to our team,” Tomlin said. “It’s a disturbing incident, one we take very seriously in our community.”

Ta’amau, a fourth-round draft choice, will not be allowed to practice with the team or attend the facility during his suspension. He was placed on the Reserve/Suspended List and replaced on the 53-man roster by defensive end Corbin Bryant, who was on the team’s practice squad in 2011.

Ta’amu will be allowed to return the week leading up to the Nov. 4 game against the New York Giants. His absence should have no immediate impact on the team because he has not dressed for any of the first five games.

The action by the Steelers points up the league’s desire to have the involved team handle disciplinary measures for offending players. But NFL commissioner Roger Goodell can increase the penalty for the player and also fine or discipline the team if he thinks the original penalty is not severe enough.

The suspension is in accordance with NFL Players Association policy because the punishment has to be deemed “conduct detrimental.”

Tomlin said there will be no further punishment for Ta’amu, who is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Oct. 23.

“We thought it was very important to act quickly in addressing this,” Tomlin said.

Ta’amu faces felony counts of fleeing police and aggravated assault while driving drunk; and three counts of aggravated assault for nearly running down police officers with his vehicle. He is also charged with 10 misdemeanors, including resisting arrest and attempting escape.

Police said he crashed his 2006 Lincoln Navigator into several vehicles while fleeing on the South Side.

This was not the first DUI offense for Ta’amu. Court records show he also was charged with driving under the influence in October 2011 for an incident that occurred Dec. 12, 2009, when Ta’amu was playing for the University of Washington.

Ta’amu is not the first Steelers player to serve a suspension this season. Tight end Weslye Saunders was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league’s banned substance policy.

Last season, outside linebacker James Harrison was suspended one game by the league for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

Two years ago, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended four games by the league because of an incident involving a female in Milledgeville, Ga., that violated the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Roethlisberger was never charged in the matter.

In October, 2008, former wide receiver Santonio Holmes was deactivated for a game against the New York Giants several days after he was charged on a misdemeanor count of marijuana possession. But Tomlin’s decision was never termed a suspension, only a move to lessen what he called a “distraction” to the team.

“We deemed his actions to be detrimental to our team. It’s a disturbing incident, one we take very seriously in our community.”

– Mike Tomlin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Boy, I’m glad we dodged that bullet. I remember wanted the Raiders to draft this kid, but he’s nothing but trouble.

• DJ Johnny

Let’s go back and find every idiot poster who said to draft this piece of garbage and ban em from the blog for life.

(kidding).

• guest123

<—– banned for life

• The Big Banana

Hwnrdr Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 7:49 am
    The home crowd will be restless…been a month since our last home game. Not sure if that “almost won” game still generates a sell out but with the 85% rule, you never know. Irregardles, it will be fun being back at the O!

——

Wassup, Hwn. Agree. Actually looking forward to this game more than I’d expect considering we’re 1-4. Taking my baby sis to her first game. Hope our Raiders don’t disappoint.

• hwnrdr

I agree Banana! I hope your sis has fun at her first game day experience! tailgating?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

explain a lot !!! lol lol lol
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    Good day sir.
    Green Party Rules!
    Long Live the ODB!
    I still think McClain can salvage his career. He is 23 yo, and he has talent.

• The Big Banana

Hwnrdr Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:00 am

—–

Thanks! And, yes sir, we are tailgating!

• Marks hair

Wow no posters today.. the market must be low on kool aid.

• hwnrdr

The Big Banana Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:07 am
    Hwnrdr Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:00 am

—–

Thanks! And, yes sir, we are tailgating!

Where? We’ll be in lot D most likely in front of Oracle orth Entrance.

• theghostronin79

That, and it sucks waiting for a 1200 post thread to load

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DJ Johnny Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 9:30 am

(kidding).
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I’m one of idiots who wanted Ta’amu, and I still think he is a better pick than the 26 YO rookie OG who is inactive on gameday and behind (an undrafted FA) Parsons on the depth chart.

• Marks hair

Go Lakers! No win preseason no loss post season!

• guest123

What do you expect for a 1-4 team? We got 3 creampuff games in a row….HOORAH!! That just means we suck even worse than we think we do if we lose even one of them. And it’s no given….

But hey, some of us are here standing firm come hell or high water.

Just don’t ask for any more kool aid like the stuff they served up in preseason.

• R8ER MIKE

The Big Banana Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 9:44 am
    Hwnrdr Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 7:49 am

——

*********************
    Her name isnt plantain is it ?? lol lol

• R8ER MIKE

O! whats up there Mr. V.P. ??
    hows life at the top of the GreenParty today ??

• guest123

************

yep, Reggie’s first swing at the plate in the big leagues and pops up to shortstop weakly.

• Marks hair

Yeah i really doubt we win 3 in a row.

• theghostronin79

Hey Guest123 . I was about to give you props for predicting our 1-4 start. When most folks were chugging the Kool-Aid, you went on the record saying “They will start slow and be 1-4.” But not to lose faith because they will pull it together and finish respectibly and in the thick of the division race.

• Marks hair

Knapp hoffman and a lack of probowlers makes it hard for me to believe we can win 3 straight.

• The Big Banana

Hwn – not completely sure but last time we were in lot B. Closest to our seats.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Raiders better come out and kick the Jaguars ass early or crowd is going to be in a bad mood.

• guest123

Thanks ghost79. I wish my prediction weren’t accurate on the 1-4 start, but I did go on to say we would rebound and win 6 out the next 7 games and finish 9-7. So hope I’m still right on that prediction.

• DMAC

Morning/afternoon peoples!

I truly think we smash the Jags this Sunday!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Raiders 20
    Jaguars 0

• theghostronin79

1274.guest123 Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:26 am

==============

Yeah man, I just noticed you seemed to be taking these losses kinda hard. Wanted to remind you that “Hey, you kinda saw it playing out this way before preseason started.” I tried to be Flat on Sunday, not care really who won or lost and keep emotion out of it…..But when DMAC trucked that safety, Hanson got the pick, DHB blasted the CB, Wheeler lit up Ryan…..Boy I was screaming at the TV like always. I can’t help it….And I’m not gonna mail it in this year either. Let’s see what they got. How do they finish?

• DMAC

Damn….
    I might pick up Raiders D for this 1.
    I think we’ll take our anger and frustrations out on the poor Jags.

• DMAC

Will Rolando McJogger have more snaps this weekend, since our game plan will be to stop MJD and force Gabbert to beat us?

• guest123

I mostly take out my emotion on the blog. I’m sorry if it comes off as whining. I bottle it up and spew it here sometimes. I really need to just go into an empty room and scream sometimes when I get frustrated at how my Raiders are playing.

I’ve learned long ago to flip the switch after games and get on with my Sunday and try to appreciate my wife and kids and dedicate time to them and not get wrapped up in the losses. Sometimes I smile through migraines acting like all is well. I hate losing even though I seem to laugh it off. I think I grind my teeth at night and the dentist has recommended a mouthgard. It’s not easy being a Raider fan these days.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

R8ER MIKE Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:15 am
    O! whats up there Mr. V.P. ??
    hows life at the top of the GreenParty today ??
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

S&P!!
    Smoking & Posting! lol
    Life is good my brother. Enjoying another great day in SD. Great weather in Oct.

• hwnrdr

The Big Banana Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:25 am
    Hwn – not completely sure but last time we were in lot B. Closest to our seats.

I hear ya!

• R8ER MIKE

DMAC !! whats up there Mr. President ??
    GerrnParty well represented today !!
    we have the President and his brother
    from another mother the V.P. Raider O !!

• DJ Johnny

1263.Raider O Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:12 am
    DJ Johnny Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 9:30 am

(kidding).
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

—-
    I was one of idiots as well…at least we can joke about it now.

• guest123

I got up and left the room when the Atlanta kicker lined up for that game winning 51 yard FG to beat us on Sunday. I just couldn’t watch. Took a whiz in the bathroom and wife told me we lost….again. Kick was good. “Damn…time for another longneck.”

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:45 am

That throw to Gonzo…I walked away already!

• DJ Johnny

1285.guest123 Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Yeah. Aren’t we pathetic? I did the same thing, then came back in the room and I knew right away by the crowd noise, before I even looked at the screen that we had lost.

• R8ER MIKE

guest123 Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:45 am

******************
    toss in a couple bong hits and this sounds like me too !!

• Marks hair

I never walk away while the raiders are on.. i just suffer the loss and take it out on you guys..

• guest123

That throw to Gonzo…I walked away already!

*********

Yeah I wanted to do that, but I just got up and stood walked toward the TV like I could somehow enter the tube and stop what I was seeing happening. Grabbed my forehead and shook my head in disbelief that Gonzo would be so wide open on that throw.

• guest123

moral victories are for losers

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

In past seasons, this is the type of game where MJD would shred our defense and Gabbert would have best game of his career. Hopefully that has changed.

• MiamiRaider78

RaiderDanny Says:
    October 16th, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    You guys are all idiots!

—————
    Pretty much sums up what I thought of last nights Carson Palmer debate on this blog. Lol Not all of you but a good portion.

• DMAC

R8ER MIKE Says:
    October 17th, 2012 at 10:43 am

DMAC !! whats up there Mr. President ??
    GerrnParty well represented today !!
    we have the President and his brother
    from another mother the V.P. Raider O !!
    =========

Sorry for the delay response carnal (brother). Had to step away from my throne.
    Great debate yesterday fellas.
    Wonderful weed Wednesdays for everyone!

• DMAC

Real talk

My 4 year old princess told me after the game. “Daddy I don’t like Raiders anymore.”
    I said, “why baby?”
    She said, “because the Raiders always lose.”

• guest123

My 10 year old daughter asked me with a straight face, not knowing she was going to upset me. “Daddy, do the Raiders ever win any games?” I wasn’t in the mood for the sass talk but it wasn’t sass. She really didn’t understand how her question bothered me.

• DMAC

Fact!

The Raiders have broken my heart many more times, than any woman has.

• DMAC

She’ll grow to understand daddy never jumps on the bandwagon.
    Still my team through the horrible times, and the good times.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

POST-1276,IF THE RAIDER DEFENSE HANGS A 0 ON ANYBODY,THERE WILL BE A CROOKED NUMBER IN FRONT OF IT…

• MiamiRaider78

Amen DMAC.

I remember bursting into anger tears in my early teens.

AFC championship game against the Bills and a few to Horse Teeth, comeback losses. It’s when I knew I’d be a Raider for life.