Raiders-Jaguars practice report

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, October 18th, 2012 at 2:03 pm in Oakland Raiders.

JAGUARS

Did Not Participate In Practice

Wednesday

DT Tyson Alualu (not injury related), S Dwight Lowery (ankle), C Brad Meester (not injury related), WR Laurent Robinson (concussion)

Thursday

S Dwight Lowery (ankle), WR Laurent Robinson (concussion), LB Daryl Smith (groin)

Limited Participation in Practice

Wednesday

S Dawan Landry (knee), LB Daryl Smith (groin)

Thursday

S Dawan Landry (knee)

Full Participation in Practice

Wednesday

DE George Selvie (knee)

Thursday

DT Tyson Alualu (not injury related), C Brad Meester (not injury related), DE George Selvie (knee)

RAIDERS

Did Not Participate In Practice

Wednesday

T Khalif Barnes (groin), TE Richard Gordon (hamstring), CB Shawntae Spencer (foot)

Thursday

T Khalif Barnes (groin), TE Richard Gordon (hamstring), RB Taiwan Jones (knee), CB Shawntae Spencer (foot)

Limited Participation in Practice

Wednesday

G Mike Brisiel (concussion), K Sebastian Janikowski (left groin), RB Taiwan Jones (knee), C Alex Parsons (shoulder, back), DT Richard Seymour (knee)

Thursday

G Mike Brisiel (concussion), K Sebastian Janikowski (left groin), C Alex Parsons (shoulder, back), DT Richard Seymour (knee)

Full Participation in Practice

Wednesday

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder), RB Darren McFadden (shoulder), WR Denarius Moore (shoulder), TE Brandon Myers (ear, knee)

Thursday

• Raider Riff

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:45 pm
    I thought McFadden showed a lot more patience behind the line this past weekend. That directly translated to him running the ball MUCH better. Yes, I’m factoring in the runs that were called back in how he looked overall.

———–

Agreed. He’s getting better.

When it all clicks we are going to rush for 250+ yards a game easy. Our line and TE’s have to start doing the simple stuff. No more fumbles. No more dropped passes.

Im not asking for the impossible. Just 60 minutes of pro-caliber football.

• inonewordraider

u go boy!
    ____________
    u go boy is a play off you go girl which is said by women, thus making it about the gayest comment you can make. i have no problem with the gays just sayin

• Raider Riff

Inonewordraider Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    ____________
    as you should, it woulda been the 2nd 100 yrd game of the season if not for the refs. this game will be the tell tale sign if we’re a contender:

1: will be able to run the ball this year
    2: can our D actually stop the run
    3: can CP make sure we beat an inferior team

———-

Yep.

• The Beeech Dawg

dr_robert Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

inonewordraider—congrats on ur entry into the gayest blog party ever. don’t let all the pretend talk about strippers cover up the real agenda–talking about weiners, nads, pubes, dumps, etc. i’m sure ur very proud to get the inside dope about another guy’s gay fantasies. u go boy!

———–

Haha, Nob Bust melting down over not being invited to join the PMPP

Jealous much, Nob? Thought so

HOLLA BACK MO DIZZLES

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

I dont know if DMC has “checked out”. I would guess he hasnt. The effort has been there. He doesnt run down that DE and save a TD if he had “checked out” already.
    ==========================================

I don’t think McFadden has “checked out”. In fact I know he hasn’t. But I don’t think he has completely “bought in” either. And I also know for a fact that the org is not going to completely change the direction and the way they think for one player. With the zone system the org should “theoretically” be able to put any back in there and get results, not have to draft Olinemen incredibly highly, which in both cases will save on cap money and high draft picks. They are not going to abandon that philosophy because one guy has not bought in. They will just get rid of that one guy.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Veldeer
    Wiz
    Barnes
    DHB
    Reece
    ————

this is not a coincidence folks.
    =======================================

I would agree.

• eastoaklandraider

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    Veldheer was drafted by Cable as a ZBS guy.
    ——————–
    Veldeer was drafted by Al Davis

• Raider Riff

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    ==========================================

————————-

Maybe he hasnt fully bought in, maybe he has. Either way, the way things have gone would shake anyones confidence. I think its safe to say his swagger and confidence isnt there.

That is why Im calling for the rest of the guys to start doing their jobs on a consistent basis so he can find that rythm/swagger again.

In an ideal world, we stick with DMC despite the fact that this system is supposed to work with an average back. Because this system with DMC running it well pretty much makes us unbeatable if the D halfway shows up in the 2nd half.

Again, Im not asking for the impossible, just 60 consecutive minutes of pro-caliber play.

• J Hill

I think the offense needs 1 more playmaker at WR like D Moore.

DHB and Hagan are “good” but we need better than that to take it to the next level.

I think Ausberry could actually that threat, but I don’t see us going 2 TEs.

• eastoaklandraider

oh yeah Myers has also played better under knapp go figure.

• dr_robert

Inonewordraider Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:51 pm
    u go boy!
    ____________

************

duh. i was pretty much making a gay joke. which is right up ur new gang’s alley. ur new master will be daily giving u updates on all of his bodily functions. it’s a good thing u made such an effort to impress him. congrats!

• Plunketthead

Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.
    If he does a good job he can help unkoolKell serve those little sandwiches at the PMPP party

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

============================================

Exactly. And one of the things I have been harking on all offseason is rookie coaches are going to make rookie mistakes just like rookie players will. I have seen enough of that already from the staff to last the rest of the season. The half time adjustments have been dull at best. That is not going to help the players at all.

• eastoaklandraider

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:58 pm
    I think the offense needs 1 more playmaker at WR like D Moore.

I think Ausberry could actually that threat, but I don’t see us going 2 TEs.
    —————-

Aus should be starting imo.

• dr_robert

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    dr_robert Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

———–

Haha, Nob Bust melting down over not being invited to join the PMPP

Jealous much, Nob? Thought so

HOLLA BACK MO DIZZLES

*****************

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

i never mentioned ur name beeech. i mentioned a gay party and u immediately assumed i was talking about u. not interested. sorry. u go ahead and play by urself.

• Raider Riff

Veldeer
    Wiz
    Barnes
    DHB
    Reece
    ————

this is not a coincidence folks.
    =======================================

I would agree.

—————

I wouldnt.

- Barnes was every bit the train wreck with Hue that he is now.
    - Wiz was playing a different position
    - Moore hasnt regressed
    - DHB hasnt regressed either, he dropped passes he should catch before, he still does it
    - People were never happy with the way Reece was used before, and according to Palmer, Reece is getting mugged. What is Knapp supposed to do about that?

People are so quick to forget how we folded the past two seasons down the stretch. Maybe for once we are going to play better at the end of the year than the beginning? Either way, we were a 1-4 at the end of last season, we are a 1-4 team now. That isnt regression. That is actually progression considering our D is better, we have no run game, and we are less talented than last year.

• The Beeech Dawg

Brahs, only 4 short hours until my girl Miley arrives at the Beeech Pad Penthouse for a night of pleasure and intimacy

I’m hoping she’s rockin’ that Bridgette Neilson short platinum cut, ahhh yeah

Pretty sure I’ll be doing red carpets and Cannes soon, she’ll be backstage during the Wrecks N Effect tour drinking Moet Chandon

Gotta get my pube do TIGHT for tonight, thinking I’ll gel it up with with a little Arby’s Horsey Sauce

ROAST BEEF WITH MY ROAST BEAST

• dr_robert

Plunketthead Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.

***************

hahahahahha!!!!!!!!!

what a toadie. he thinks he’s having a party right now and he’s licking beeech’s balls. what a man.

• Raider Riff

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:58 pm
    I think the offense needs 1 more playmaker at WR like D Moore.

I think Ausberry could actually that threat, but I don’t see us going 2 TEs.

——————

If Aus can block without getting blown up, he’d be an instant improvement. I hate Meyers’ blocking at the moment.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

I think the offense needs 1 more playmaker at WR like D Moore.

I think Ausberry could actually that threat, but I don’t see us going 2 TEs.
    =========================================

That guy has to be Marcel Reece. Reece is a superstar waiting to blow up. But teams have been keying on him especially in big situations so others HAVE to come to the forefront. That’s what we have not seen enough of.

• dr_robert

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I’m hoping she’s rockin’ that Bridgette Neilson short platinum cut, ahhh yeah

ROAST BEEF WITH MY ROAST BEAST

***************

of course u want the bridgitte nielsen hair. looks more like a man that way. i’m sure ur miley look-alike from the tranny club will be there soon. he may be 6’4″ but that’s a beeech party!

• Raider Riff

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    ============================================

——————

What half time adjustments do you want? We’ve gone into each half of each game in a winnable position. Our scheme and preparation was working, our players werent. You dont just scrap a weeks worth of gameplanning at halftime. That doesnt happen in the NFL, especially early in the season when everything hasnt been installed yet.

If the plays are there but the players are f’n up, you keep calling those plays and stay the course. No alternative playbook is going to make us play more physical at the POA, catch easy balls, not fumble, and not commit dumb penalties.

• eastoaklandraider

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    ============================================

——————
    wasnt that the knock on Hue? He was a ROOKIE coach with no offseason no Dmac for most of the season and a qb off the couch midway through the season AND Chuck B as his DC. Hue did a helluva job for a ROOKIE HC imo under those circumstances.

• dr_robert

the only thing more pathetic than beeech himself is these toadie tools who wanna be his puppets. hilarious. what man would want that? hahahahhahahha!!!!!!!!

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

=============================================

THAT’S what the GREAT Raider teams did!

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Rolando McClain on Romanowski:

“I don’t keep up with what people say outside here. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion,” McClain said. “I’m sure if I knew him, I could say things about him. I don’t. I don’t righteously care.”
    ——-
    Come on Cheese! Just shut up and listen to the guy who has been to 5 Super Bowls.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

dr_robert Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

===========================================

Guys who go to fifth base on lil biachi.

• dr_robert

if beeech listed me as one of his gang, i think it would be enuff to make me kill myself. what man gets happy about hearing his stories and comes to his defense? hahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

• Raider Riff

Eastoaklandraider Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    ============================================

——————

————–

We all agree with you on this. Hue didnt get himself fired for his lack of coaching skills or rookie mistakes. He could have been a good coach for us.

He overplayed his hand and put Mark in a tough spot that got himself fired. End of story, lets move on.

Even Hue wanted to gut this team of the scholarships. He had the same problems Knapp is having, players have to SHOW UP when it counts.

• Plunketthead

Its been a few days and I have come down from the Koolaid cloud but I still say thats the best the team has looked in a long time.

Keep getting turnovers on D and get DMAC cycled back on and we can beat anyone in the NFL. By the end of the season all the haters will have to drink koolaid with xtra sugar

• The Beeech Dawg

Plunketthead Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.

————-

These are excellent ideas, Plunk.

It’ll give Nob hope, which, as you know, always leads to huge laughs for us

PMPP N FULL EFFECT

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

——————
    ====================================

The issues with Jackson were SO many. His clock management was pathetic, the team would get out coached in the second half of games, he could not do anything to fix the defense, his team played .200 ball with the season on the line. It’s not like the Dungver game where at the start of the second half Palmer completes a pass for a clear lst down that Allen does not challenge the spot. We punt, they score, we get rolled. That was probably a rookie mistake, that Allen corrected in the last game when he challenged an ATL reception that went for a lst.

• The Beeech Dawg

dr_robert Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

—————-

Nob Bust, might I suggest using a few more exclamation points after hahaha, so we’ll know you’re really laughing super hard?

Oh yeah and please continue to hilariously melt down for our enjoyment, honestly we can’t get enough

PMPP IN THE HIZZY

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

J Hill Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Veldheer was drafted by Cable as a ZBS guy.
    —————-
    Al Davis drafted Veldheer

• Dan78

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    Plunketthead Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.

————-

These are excellent ideas, Plunk.

It’ll give Nob hope, which, as you know, always leads to huge laughs for us

PMPP N FULL EFFECT
    ————————–
    We can have Doc Slob clean the bowl after A few deuces have dumped. Im sure he will enjoy it since we know he is another Tom Cruise movie away from coming out of the closet

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

——-
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU

• dr_robert

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    Plunketthead Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.

————-

These are excellent ideas, Plunk.

It’ll give Nob hope, which, as you know, always leads to huge laughs for us

PMPP N FULL EFFECT

***************

so now this fool wants to pretend i want to be in his gang, and then he wants to have fun talking about how he won’t let me be in it. how much of a fantasy world is this guy in?

congrats plunkethead. u two will make a great couple.

• eastoaklandraider

Veldeer
    Wiz
    Barnes
    DHB
    Reece
    ————

this is not a coincidence folks.
    =======================================

I would agree.

—————

I wouldnt.

- Barnes was every bit the train wreck with Hue that he is now.
    - Wiz was playing a different position
    - Moore hasnt regressed

———————–

barnes played much better last year
    Wiz also played center last year, my how we forget.
    Moore name wasnt under the regressed list,read te entire post.
    DHB had almost 1000 yds last year wont be close this year.
    and I guess Reece just magicaly started getting mugged this year.

And ONCE AGAIN the BUFF,DEN.DET,SD games werent Hues fault those games are on chuck B= 12-4 FELLAS.

But I know Hue Was the HC he is supposed to see over the whole team!!! Well if that were true TAKE THAT SB BACK FROM GRUDEN IT BELONGS TO DUNGY AND MONTE KIFFIN TAKE THAT SB AWAY FROM BILL BILLICK AND GIVE IT TO MARVIN LEWIS.

• dr_robert

Dan78 Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    Plunketthead Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Doc Nob gets less happy by the day.

I vote we let him fill up the PARTYDUDE 8000.

————-

These are excellent ideas, Plunk.

It’ll give Nob hope, which, as you know, always leads to huge laughs for us

PMPP N FULL EFFECT
    ————————–

***************

isn’t it funny that suddenly, all of beeech’s friends arrive to defend him?

hahhahahahhahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did u just say i was gay? and ur the one who loves to hear about beeech’s dumps and ur talking about it now.

oh beeech. u stupid stupid boy. all ur alter egos can’t hide the fact u ave no friends and are the gayest poster ever seen.

• eastoaklandraider

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 18th, 2012 at 4:12 pm
    ——————
    ====================================

————

Yeah but hue had our O ranked 9th what is it now?

• dr_robert

as we all know, beeech posts as several guys during the day, and then slips into the beeech role when he wants to go super gay. this loser has to be the most friendless d-bag on the world!

• Plunketthead

Even if Hue was the greatest coach to ever grace the game it would not matter.

You could line up every single person in the East bay and they could all say Hue should not have been fired and it would not matter

Hue is gone. Get over it Besides

DAILY REMINDER
    Cable coached circles around Jackson

• C2E

RAIDERS!

• qodrn1

The Prediction Board:

Dedicated to Al Davis, Raider duct tape (boy does it hold) and the Coliseum rodents

Week 1: Alex7: Chargers 27 Raiders 20 (22/14)
    Week 2: R8eray: Dolphins 20 Raiders 13 (35/13)
    Week 3: Plunketthead Raiders 30 Steelers 27 (34/31) R
    Week 4: Amysincharge: Denver 48-7 (37-6)
    Week 5: Klas Tjorborn: Falcons 35 Raiders 20 (23/20)

C2E Says: Raiders 30-17