No blackout _ Raiders-Jags on TV locally

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, October 19th, 2012 at 2:38 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders announced Friday their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars will be televised locally.

The game will be carried on CBS (Channel 5), at 1:25 p.m. with play-by-play announcer Ian Eagle and analyst Dan Fouts.

The club requested a one-day extension to sell enough tickets to avoid their first blackout since Dec. 26, 2010. The Jacksonville game will be the 11th consecutive game televised locally.

• J Hill

Lee was replaced by Adams.

Played pretty well.

Agreed, Banana. I see things looking up for the D.

• Twocents

There are some pretty good liars in here.
    They should run for office, that’s where the money is.

• Al_is_theraiders

DA is an idiot

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Twocents, I’m reading the book “Plutocrats” by Chrystia Freeland. Interesting.

• Twocents

KoolKell, now throw in some Rothbard and you’ll be as crazy as I am.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    DA is an idiot

=======================================

And yet he’s the head coach of our Raiders and will be for years, which is something you’ll never be.

• Saltwater Frog

– Allen and offensive coordinator Greg Knapp raved about the way quarterback Carson Palmer accepted blame for the Raiders loss to the Falcons.
    They say that is yet another glaring example of the kind of leader Palmer is, how he is slow to accept credit and eager to handle the blame.

==========================================

This is too funny..

Of fckng course DA and knapp rave about the way Palmer accepts the blame. It deflects the REAL blame on DAs’ choice for an OC.

TOO FCKNG FUNNY. Yeah, we got some resl doozies for coaches, yes sirreeeee!

• morilla

I think it’s a bit premature to call out DA as a head coach. He’s a rookie who inherited a clusterphauck from Al. You generally can’t judge rookie HCs until year three. I’ll wait until then.

He showed more fire during the Atlanta game. I’ll give him that, it’s going to take time fellas.

• RaiderSam

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 3:39 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Russell Wilson looked like Marc Wilson, only a foot shorter.
    ==================================

hahahaha. Good one.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He looks like a winner that beat New England and Dallas.

Did Marc Wilson EVER beat any QB led by any QB remotely like Tom Brady?

• RaiderSam

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    DA is an idiot

++++++++++++++++++++++

They all look like idiots when they’re losing. Didnt look to stupid beating Pittsburgh or shutting down S.Diego’s running game.

• RaiderSam

Kiwi_Blade Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 5:38 pm
    Tarvers next adjustment should be the defensive line – they still look awful.

======================

They looked awful forcing 3 picks v. the Falcons with ZERO pass rush.

i hope these guys win to eviscerate these benedict arnold a%6 troll hater fans.

• MiamiRaider78

And generally, new coaches in the past were never given ample time to watch their systems and players develop to what they envisioned.

I’m all for D.A and the Gut.

Good post Morilla.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

KK Munster

Gallup: Romney 52 – Husein 46

:D

• http:///Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

If anyone hasn’t seen the NFL Network Al Davis tribute, it’s on youtube now.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Meanwhile, I’ve gotten into quite the theological argument with Aaron Curry’s pastor. He’s currently calling me a “demon” and threatening to pray to god to kill me.

• http:///Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Did Marc Wilson EVER beat any QB led by any QB remotely like Tom Brady?
    ——
    He beat Dan Fouts and John Elway twice in 1985.

• http:///Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Marc Wilson was 31-19 as the Raiders QB.

• Kiwi_Blade

I hope the DL can manage a sack this week.
    Don’t remember them getting many so far this year.

• http:///Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Raiders are averaging less than one sack a game. Its pretty bad. Jaguars are the only team with less sacks.

• morilla

Living in San Diego is pure entertainment right now. Charger fans are calling for heads and jumping off of bridges. A lot are even conceding to the fact that their season is tanked. They are even going after their golden boy Rivers. I’ve even heard a few say “watch, we are going to tank and the Raiders are going to take the division or wild card.” Even AJ came out publicly swinging and the PR staff just wrote a blog post saying to take it easy on the team and “take a chill pill.” Which blew up in their face making it sound like the team is a bunch of sensitive babies.

I love seeing that place in disarray. The drive into work is always entertainment on the radio.

• Kiwi_Blade

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

—————————————

Some NFL players have more sacks than our entire defense

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

RaiderSam Says: Did Marc Wilson EVER beat any QB led by any QB remotely like Tom Brady?===================

Think he had Miamis number. Don’t remember if it was Marino. Too lazy to look it up.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“That’s the type of quarterback you want; a guy that’s going to step up and take responsibility and not look to pass the buck on anybody else,” Allen said. “Carson has played extremely well for us. He’s a stand-up guy, and that’s one of the reasons that I’m glad he’s our quarterback.”

For all of you Palmer haters!

• Kiwi_Blade

If most fans think that officials are showing bias against them, then apparently coaching staff think so too. Just saw this quote from Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho.
    “Ronaldo is protected by nothing and no-one. His opponents see that he has the body of an animal and they give him a kicking, and they only get a yellow card if they give him a proper kicking.
    That’s not true for Messi. If you foul him you get booked straight away, and then you can’t foul him again or you’ll be sent off.”

• mcfadden20.

Raiders are starting to look like a team that is primed to make a good run in the last 11 games left…

• mcfadden20.

Our Pass rush and Running game comes alive.. and we win this game in the 1st half

• VaRaiderNation

What’s up Nation? I don’t usually say I like what I saw after a loss. But I’m saying it now…we played 60 minutes with a championship contender, the loss hurt but it’s something to build on. I’ve been seen a lot of posts calling for pryor to start. Blaming Palmer for the loss. Really? Palmer is playing lights out. Yes the pick six was bad. In years past that wouldve been game over for us. He threw it then proceeded to march us right back up the field for the score. I consider most Raider fans as ‘brothers’. Well brothers, get your heads out of your asses. Stop hating on the best qb this team has had in a decade.

• RAIDERMAN99

J Hill Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Bad call to stretch run in 3rd down at the goaline, but if Myers catches the pass on 2nd down, are we even talking about Knapp?

Knapp called the plays on that game tying TD drive. The key was the players executing.

=================================================
    So the stretch left at the GL that was stuffed for a 2 yard loss was just a ‘bad’ call, huh ?

Sigh.

‘Bad’ doesn’t adequately describe that call. Off the charts horrible is more accurate.

Look, it ALWAYS comes down to players executing.

The key is knowing what plays your personnel are adept at executing. The key is calling something that actually has a chance of being executed and succeeding.

Especially at Atlanta’s GL.

We’ve seen that same run repeatedly FAIL. At our own GL, the rest of the field, and most miserably – at the opposition GL. Failed in the pre-season and all through the regular season.

That might be enough of a hint for another OC – that we have a problem executing that play. Especially at the opposition’s goal line.

Not enough of a hint for KRAPP though.

Result ? Same old schit call. Same old schit result.
    Same old FG. -4 POINT swing. Momentum killer. Difference between winning and losing.

Just a ‘bad’ call, my ass.

Horrific call that played a large part in LOSING the game.

KRAPP SUX. KRAPP is a complete clusterphuck. TITS can’t pull the plug on Krapp soon enough.

EXECUTION ? IN KRAPP’S CASE – I’M ALL FOR IT !!

• mcfadden20.

• mcfadden20.

VaRaiderNation Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

_—-

well said… he will lead us to the playoffs this year

• fangsraiders

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 4:56 pm
    Brahs, great news!

Was able to drop a HUGE load on this totally wasted stripper in the hot tub

I’d already busted 6 nuts today, so it was a pretty sweet surprise when the Beeeech Lawg did his Peter North impression

Of course the stripper asked if I’d be her boyfriend on the spot, which I told her I would if she buys TGI Fridays tonight

Of course I’ll bail out the back during the desert course, you know how them Big Dawgs Bark

RUFF RUFF =================== ??? CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH YOU DUMB BABOON ???

• VaRaiderNation

I hope so 180, the upcoming stretch of games are all games that we can and should win, if we can take out the jags, chiefs, and bucs we will be 4-4 heading into the Ravens game. It can be done.

• fangsraiders

…with the Wilson loss the boogiemen are 10-13 vs the superior white QB this year….and that losing record will only continue to get larger.

• RAIDERMAN99

Thec Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 3:11 pm
    gnipp <—- worst play caller and oco in the NFL

=============================================
    That about sums it up.

• mcfadden20.

VaRaiderNation Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

—-

Ravens don’t look tough this year

• mcfadden20.

I mean their D wouldn’t be same with out R Lewis and the best CB

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

mcfadden20. Says: I haven’t seen Mistic since one of the “wave of the future” quarterback played yesterday=================

Popped in a couple of times this morning talking about how to beat the Jags, nothing about Wilson. Go figure.

• Pingback: [Raiders News] Raiders/Jaguars Game To Be Televised Locally In Oakland - GridironFans.com

• VaRaiderNation

Ravens don’t look tough this year
    ____________

True, they are beatable, too many injuries on defense. And after that the Saints, if dmac is on by then, we could see a career day against their swiss cheese D, man, 6-4 after the Saints game, that would be awesome.

• RAIDERMAN99

I know Wilson didn’t have a very good game last night, but I still like what I’ve seen from him overall.

He’s just a rookie and I think his game will improve.

I don’t think he’ll be as good as Luck or RGIII, but he’s got some real potential, despite his short stature.

Kind of reminds me of Doug Flutie a little bit.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

MR, you think you’ve got a handle on ‘good ol boy hate speak’, huh? Doesn’t quite ring true, though. Keep working at it.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

Nice post VaRaiderNation!!

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“Kind of reminds me of Doug Flutie a little bit.”

So funny I had that same thought a few times.

Its so obvious that Wilson and Luck are in a pro style offense where as RG111 is in a hybrid college/pro offense….Mistic1 will never see that.

• VaRaiderNation

thx 192

• Gdog

Seymour Bush Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

If McClain plays 70% of the snaps that defense is going to be in trouble.
    >>>

There is nothing worse than a below average secondary and a 4-3 MLB that has no clue.

Why it took Allen/Tarver this long to figure it out is beyond me.

If they go back to it, I don’t know. Defense is supposed to be Allens thang, right?

• mcfadden20.

VaRaiderNation Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Ravens don’t look tough this year
    ____________

So true then we have Bengals and Browns and Broncos making a trip to our house for Thursday night football

we could do a lot of damage if our Running game gets going to compliment our passing game.. not to forget we will get both our CB’s back pretty soon. our pass D should do fine.. we already have a legit run D .. things are really looking up despite what people want to think in here

• mcfadden20.

Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 7:55 pm

—-

Maybe a lot of we win if Palmer _______ , we win if Palmer________ we have no chance with Palmer .. Palmer will __________ and we will be 1-5 after the game?

• VaRaiderNation

_____________

If you had told me that before the ATL game I may not have been so ready to jump on board. But my team showed me a lot last week. We can get this thing turned around, I have no doubt.

• SLAYER

GUN DOWN COLD ON A RAW DEAL…HOME TURF MY BATTLEFIELD…IN NOONES WAY, CAUGHT IN A CROSSFIRE…STRAY BULLETS CAN KILL.

• Gdog

morilla Says:
    October 19th, 2012 at 6:37 pm

>>>

I am not looking at him as a savior at all… but I agree. we need to stop this rookie HC or recycled has-been merry-go-round.

Allen needs three years as HC to prove himself.

The rookie mistakes that Hue was making last year are now rookie mistakes DA is making. Just new ones.

Like not having a backup long-snapper up to speed (cost us a win) or not having the end of game prevent up to speed (cost us another game.)

These things get fixed.