Raiders live chat: Tuesday at noon

By Jon Becker
Monday, October 22nd, 2012 at 4:35 pm in Oakland Raiders.

• guest123

We have yet to win a road game…hopefully it comes this week!

***********

I can’t think of a road venue I’d rather want us to play in than KC right now. Their fanbase is fragmented and turning on themselves. Did you hear about them booing when their starting QB Cassel went down to injury at home? I only recently heard about that myself, and all I can do is shake my head at those fans. Should be easy to walk into their stadium and take over and create some silence.

• hwnrdr

Yes, but it is always hard to win there, guest. Although we have won there 4, 5 years in a row…it’s not like it can’t be done, but we have to be on, like in the Atlanta game!

• guest123

I think the coaching staff finally implemented some new ideas over the bye week and it’s encouraging to see they don’t have thier head stuck in the sand.

At Atlanta, relegated #55 and his fast dissipating motor to base defense plays. Promoted Burris to a heavy dose of snaps, and we got after future probowl QB Matt Ryan all day. Burris and Wheeler made his life miserable.

Last week implemented that ackward looking no huddle (it can be improved on with some practice I think) and it led to a second half surge to take the game from what looked like a sure defeat. We did get very very lucky though.

But if we can solve the issue of Adams at CB next game, or if we can finally get DMC back on track, any incremental progress will be something to build on going forward. It looks like the coaching staff is in the middle of a learning curve with the personnel they have, but at least they are attempting new things.

• Marks hair

Fire the oline coach along with knapp

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

I keep hoping that DA is right and we are just one block away from Mcfadden saying bye- bye. He really is too good to be held back this long and I thought last week was going to be the breakout game. Hopefully it will happen in KC. 200 all purpose yards ought to free up some other players.

Marks hair Says:
    Fire the oline coach along with knapp==================

I’d ask you if you ever had anything positive to say, but you probably think that was positive.

• Dakota

Oline coach
    Special Teams coach
    and Knapp

SHOULD ALL BE FIRED OR DEMOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azz clown posse!

• inonewordraider

we blew out kc when they were already in the playoffs, they took the foot off the gas. NO WAY Kc is going to roll over for us and it’s not like we haven’t played a complete game all year

• Marks hair

Im very positive about my lakers.. but the raiders have regressed. Again…. so at this point a firing sounds super positive..

• DJ Johnny

909.inonewordraider Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:15 am

You could say that and u may be right, but they had been slipping even before that last game and then got demolished the next week in the 1st rd.

My point is even IF they were going all out to beat us that last game they probably wouldn’t have.

Believe me KC does not like getting blown out at home to the Raiders under ANY circumstances.

• guest123

Who’s talking about blowing out the Chefs at their home? I’ll be satisfied with another ugly win.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Just read the chat. Wow, Cork thinks the KC Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. DMAC with 100+ yards rushing early in the second half, blowout by Raiders?

I don’t know why I have a feeling that our grotesque Offensive Coaching will cost us this game…

• Dakota

This week it is just like last week….we are playing a bad team and a win against them means very little in the big picture.

Actually, we lose for winning.

Draft position baby!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Beachy puts the funk in dysfunctional. Thank you, Tom Dobbs.

Dakota Says: Draft position baby!========================

Thought you were a fan, once.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Man, and Cork will put it up for Knapp, blaming talent and execution. May I remind everyone that this offense (same dudes) ranked 9th last year, with the same talent. The only thing that changed was coaching, so hell yeah I’ll blame Knapp and the rest of the crap.

• LA to TheBay

Lamarr Houston takes home AFC defensive player of the week

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Green Bay got you, huh? Do you do the Rodgers wiggle or whatever it is?

• DJ Johnny

901.morilla Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 7:26 am
    Well, now it’s just not being noticed by us and it’s gone national. They can’t ignore the facts anymore. Knapp, you are on notice.

When stuff goes national DA and crew DO notice it. That’s why he addressed “smile gate” w/ John Fox.

They know the criticism is out there of Knapp’s crap but they are being stubborn.

Winning cures everything and it’s the only thing they should be concerned about.

I do wonder if that is the case though. They seem preoccupied with standing fast on implementing this Knapp “scheme” and hoping it will kick in.
    Meanwhile, a potential gamebreaker gets to watch Adrian Petersen and Jamaal Charles get all the accolades why everyone in football asks “What’s wrong with Darren McFadden”?

• Dakota

915.Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:31 am
    Dakota Says: Draft position baby!========================

Thought you were a fan, once.
    +++++++++++++++

Yep, I am a fan who wants to get better players so we actually have a chance to compete some day.

People who take solace in meaningless wins are halfwits.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

LA to TheBay Says: Lamarr Houston takes home AFC defensive player of the week============================

Streater got the stretch of the week.

• guest123

Anyone who tries to sell the upside of draft position, the argument of “suck for whoever” is the type of person who likes winnning more than he hates losing.

I hate losing 1000X more than I like winning.

• hwnrdr

Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:35 am

Streater got the stretch of the week.

LOL. Good one!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Dakota Says: People who take solace in meaningless wins are halfwits.========================================

I will resemble that remark for as long as we chalk up ‘meaningless wins’. WTF does that even mean?

• guest123

People who take solace in meaningless wins are halfwits.

*********

& people who assume that life itself is a guarantee are quarterwits. Losing into perpetuity also has the effect of creating a lower standard and institutionalizes the fanbase to not expect more. Go look at the loser fanbases in Cleveland, Jax, Buffalo. Losing carries no reward worth what could be nothing more than an overhyped college player.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

The reasoning behind The Offense sucks is lack of talent. Want to see lack of talent? look at the D. Below avergae Dline, New LBs, No CBs, and journeyman Safeties. Yet they are improving every frigging game, why? good coaching? fire knapp yesterday, he is pathetic.

• Dakota

I hate losing when we actually have a competitive team. I broke a lot of furniture between 1999 and 2002.

Losing when we already suck, and getting a better chance at a good player in the draft is tolerable.

hwnrdr Says:
    Streater got the stretch of the week.
    LOL. Good one!==========================================

He did. Seriously. BSPN or something. But Palmer got the’c'mon,man’ for the shovel. According to someone over at SandBPride.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Loosing in hopes of drafting higher is a down and digging strategy. In order to win you need 50+ competitive players, drafting a talented kid will not make the rest of the team better, this aint basketball, you need to improve the whole team in order to become competitive, remember the Gruden days? those drafts sucked, but the team kicked azz.

• guest123

I don’t see any win as “meaningless”. Not when we have 10 more games and I think we got a decent chance to win 7 of them. At what point do “meaningless games” turn into meaningful games? Or is this all a question of semantics?

• Just Fire Baby

What good is a “Better” draft slot, if that player is going to a 3-13 team that quite halfway through the season?

I would rather have the #15 pick going to a 7-9 team, than the #4 pick going to a 3-13 team.

The more wins you have, you closer you are to the playoffs. Not true with draft picks.

• Dakota

925.guest123 Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:39 am
    People who take solace in meaningless wins are halfwits.

*********

++++++++++++++

Of course the draft is a game of chance….but your odds of finding a great player in the top five are much higher than finding one in the mid first round.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Dakota Says: Losing when we already suck, and getting a better chance at a good player in the draft is tolerable

NEVER. Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.

• Just Fire Baby

Are you guys ready for your next installment of World Championship level Gigantes baseball?

Panda is going to begin his crusade for WS MVP tonight.

Print that!!

• guest123

Winning franchises continue to win also because they draw free agents at discount because they all want to win Super Bowls so they can be rich and famous. So they cut a deal knowing that they can make it back and then some with endorsements later. But teams that suck and get that one high draft pick have to bid against themselves to draw any kind of NFL talent to build around. It’s not sustainable on any level to suck for a high draft pick and think it will turn around with just one guy.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

I’m getting some serious back-up here. Thanks. And Good Morning again. Gabby, coffee’s on me.

• guest123

Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.

********
    Print that!

• hwnrdr

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:44 am

Panda is going to begin his crusade for WS MVP tonight.

Print that!!

Go Tigers!!! LOL

• Just Fire Baby

So is this lose for the best draft pick selection idea, the Chicago Cubs theory that has made them so awesome the last 90 years?

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Fire the piece of crap Knapp. He is handicapping the team. The offense has not improved: same 3 yard runs, same red zone woes, only productive strategy is the No huddle. he is done, and he knows it.

• Dakota

931.Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:42 am

+++++++++++++++++++

Hey, if we had a team that showed any signs of being able to compete with the players and coaching staff we currently have, then you would be right. As we stand we are currently married to an OC who is a scrub and a coach and GM who support him. There is no hope for this team until that cancer is gone, and right now the franchise is in denial that the blood in their stool is caused by Knappcrapblastoma and instead they just think they simply have some hemorrhoids and they believe just applying some tucks medicated pads will fix the issue.

Until the team decides to cut out the cancer it is dead in the water. So I hope for some young talent that might help the next coaching staff.

guest123 Says:
    Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.
    ********
    Print that!==================================My older brother taught me that playing poker. My whole family, actually. Nothing quite so humiliating as getting bluffed by your mother.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

In her 70′s, pushing up her bifocals and seeing and raising and I folded with trips. She had nothing!

• guest123

I’m not too crazy about our OC, or even HC either. They are clearly not ready and are on a learning curve. I don’t see us being contenders for anything this yr either. But that still doesn’t mean we can’t build toward something next yr and beyond.

Remember when Denver was the laughing stock of the league and were 2-6 and rebounded to win the division at 8-8? If they can do it, so can we. Our division sucks top to bottom and is wide open. Nine wins could easily take it.

• Just Fire Baby

Nothing quite so humiliating as getting bluffed by your mother.

************************

How about your grandma snookerin you at pinnochole?

• Dakota

939.Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 24th, 2012 at 8:47 am
    +++++++++++

Baseball is a different animal….same with hockey….players end up in farm systems and it is much more difficult to find good players with any degree of certainty.

The NBA is the easiest sport to spot talent followed (not closely) by the NFL.

A lot of you are scared of high first round picks because of Al Davis’ track record. I hold out hope that Reggie will surprise us with solid picks at that position.

Although Reggie not stepping in to stop the hiring of Knapp is disconcerting, and calls into question his abilities as a GM. Letting the HC pick his own coaching staff is important, but letting them make such a major blunder without really putting the pressure on him to look for a better option was a huge mistake.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Just Fire Baby Says: How about your grandma snookerin you at pinnochole?===================================

My aunt. Must run in the family. You got a bad memory, too?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Made me a better card player, though. My friends wouldn’t play with more than one Purvis ’cause they were sure we were cheating. My sister, my brother or me. They preferred me ’cause I’m either not as good or drink too much. Did, I should say. Long time ago.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

We weren’t cheating, we were just better. And I still drink too much.