Bryant out, three others good to go

Defensive end Desmond Bryant is not practicing today, likely because of an elbow injury he suffered against the Jaguars. However, wide receiver Juron Criner, defensive end Matt Shaughnessy and safety Mike Mitchell are on the field one day after getting hurt in practice.
Bryant likely is being held out as a precautionary measure, given he practiced in a limited fashion Wednesday. I would expect to see him play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Overall, the Raiders are relatively healthy for this point in the season, even though 19 players appeared on the injury report.
Two of those, right offensive tackle Khalif Barnes (groin) and cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot), did not participate. Eleven of the 19 were able to practice in a limited capacity. The six others made it through the entire practice.

– Linebacker Aaron Curry is participating in his fifth straight practice since he was removed from the physically unable to perform list.
Coach Dennis Allen didn’t rule out the possibility of activating Curry to the 53-man roster, one of three options available to the Raiders during the 21-day evaluation period for Curry.
“We’ll wait until the end of the week and we’ll make a decision at the end of the week if we need to do something as far as activating him,” Allen said.

– For clarification’s sake, cornerback Ron Bartell is eligible to resume practicing Saturday. He is eligible to play in a game as soon as Nov. 11, when the Raiders play the Baltimore Ravens.
Bartell has been out since he suffered a shoulder injury in the regular-season opener. The Raiders placed him on the injured-reserve list, designated to return this season — teams are permitted to use this designation once per season as part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement

Steve Corkran

• raiderinparadise

This blog has become trash.

A bunch of losers kicking their own team.

• http://swedishbikiniteam.com Klas Tjorborn

Palmer is rocking like a Swede now. If DMac stop being lazy we can win Super Bowl.

• Peytons Brain

Carson Palmer the Greatest Raider QB of all-time ! That is SAD !

• ottocrat

I will be kicking black bloc azz if they try to destroy our downtown tonight. Believe it!

• mcfadden20.

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Maybe Greg Knapp is the best OC in football. I mean, if it’s possible that “a lot of teams” wanted Palmer (even though we can’t name one…), it’s also possible that Greg Knapp is an offensive genius.

I mean…maybe.

—-
    And you act like you worked in the Cincinnati organization to come out and say no team asked for Palmer.. LMFAO

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

thats what happens when you have 10 straight losing seasons pal. What else is there to talk about?

• Davy Jones

There were plenty of teams that wanted Palmer, but none who wanted him enough to surrender a #1 pick for him.

Do I see Carson winning a SB? No, but that’s because I don’t think the team around him can improve fast enough before he starts to age.

But I still HOPE he will. Things change fast in the NFL, not too long ago that people were asking the same question about Eli.

• mcfadden20.

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

McFadden,

It was a simple question.

Do you see Carson Palmer winning a Super Bowl? As a starting QB? Do you see it happening? Do you honestly, genuinely, earnestly believe it will happen? That’s the question.

I’ll give you a frame of reference.

I see Eli Manning winning another Super Bowl. I see Aaron Rodgers winning another. Do you see Carson Palmer winning a Super Bowl? Do you believe it will happen? It’s a yes or no question.

If A Rodgers or Eli Manning were with the Raiders , do you think they would have looked as good as they look now , and do you believe they would lead us to the playoffs?

• RaidersOne

It seems to me that CP is just okay, worth about half the money we paid him and a second round pick to Cincy.

Mark should have known that narcissitic, pimpin fool of a Hubert Jackson couldn’t get us to the playoffs.

If Mark had sacrificed the season last season (which he did, though unintentionally), why go through with the CP trade?

We end up hiring Big Head (Knapp) and sacrifice this season.

The question I ask is why do we even need Palmer?, when we have essentially sacrificed last season and this season. We won’t get in the playoffs this year. Broncos will tie that up the AFC west – Manning wouldn’t have it any other way.

• fingers

Name a team that wanted Palmer?… The Raiders…he’s here… Signed till 2016

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

If palmer didnt do it with the bengals.. most likely wont do it with Raiders.. and yes the raiders have not been that far off from the bengals the last 10 years.

• eastoaklandraider

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 2:40 pm
    LA to TheBay Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

The 2010 Raiders swept the division. The 2011 Raiders did not. The 2010 Raiders were also 2-8 vs. everybody else.=====

jc never lost an afc west game playing for the raiders, i kno that bothers people but it is fact. palmer is 2-4 in the division, lets see if he can climb back within sniffing distance of .500
    ——————

Mistic, you gotta stop with the CP3 hating bruh, dude is by far the best player on the team right now and he’s doing with a crap oline in front of him I’m black Mistic and I clearly see CP3 is light years ahead of ANY black qb in the league RIGHT NOW maybe in the future RGlll and CAM and Wilson will be better but as it stands now CP3 is head and shoulders above them all. you always speak on Carsons stats well what the hell do you expect when you play for losing orgs like the Bengals and Raiders your whole career. If CP3 was playing for a top flight org like the Pats, Eagles,Steelers,Ravens then you would see those stats you covet so much. but he doesnt so its been what its been for him period CP3 is a top 10 QB in this league and he is showing it by Carrying our crap team so far with an incompetent OC no run game and an oline thats getting him killed out there just sayn bruh at the end of the day you gotta keep it real.

• poprox13

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Still cant believe they have a 6ft 5 240 pound qb who runs a 4.3 sitting in sweats on the sidelines.

________________________________

Thats the best place for him at this point.

• mcfadden20.

Davy Jones Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 3:19 pm

How do you know teams didn’t wanted to surrender # 1 picks.. Did u work in Cincinnati Bengals organization last year? M Brown wasn’t going to let CP go to any team for just 1st round pick, so we had to give up another high pick to get him .. how do you know other teams didn’t offer him a first.. maybe they didn’t wanted to offer 2 high picks which i can agree with but Palmer is def worth 1 1st round pick

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Sullivan44 Says: Drew Brees of the Saints. Before that, it was Brad Johnson in TB. Every other SB winning QB since then..drafted franchise player. It’s part of the blueprint to winning a championship in this league.===

Well, Sully, I believe Eli Manning was drafted by the chargirls.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

in 2009 palmer finished with a 83.6 rating

2010 palmer had a 82.4 rating.

He has had career years before

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

RaidersOne Says: I think Boller could have won at least 2 games, same as CP, last season. So why break the bank to get CP? ============================================

No confidence that’s true.

• morilla

Raiders 27 – Chiefs 20

• SullivansMom44

Sullivan, do you mind bringing me up my box of smokes, 6 pack of steel reserve, newspaper and one of those spam sandwiches, lightly toasted with some miracle whip? Also, I need a foot rub, so bring me some moisturizer. I need you to work my elongated toes and bunions. Working 3 jobs to support the amount of electricity you waste down in the basement, is taking its toll on me and my feets.

Please don’t forget to take your lithium, as I see one of your personalities is out speaking crazy. Thank goodness it’s not your Harbaugh act, he’s feisty. Thank you my little man boy!

• Marks hair

Later stern. Idiot…. now put the league back to 28 teams so it will be compeditive again you greedy little fùck.

• LA to TheBay

They sit behind the vet because the vet has potential to win a SB. They’re making a Super Bowl run. We are not making a Super Bowl run, and any fan who thinks we are is drinking the dum dum juice.
    ———–

Uhhh, most teams that are drafting a franchise QB did so because they sucked and no shot of winning a SB and have a stop gap vet that the rookie can learn behind or they just throw the young man to the wolves.

• RaidersOne

I feel CP is a good QB, but not elite.

Here is my question to the other bloggers:

If we are re-building, sacrificed last season, this season, and next season to that re-building, why pay a king’s ransom for CP? And why not play TP, to find out what he has in talent and bankability for the future?

I am not sure myself, and that is why I ask.

• raiderinparadise

OAK would be 0-6 if CP3 was a bad as everyone says he is.

Guess people would rather watch that in here?

• raiderinparadise

Jacques Doucet ‏@JacquesDoucet
    Huge breaking news – Former #LSU Tigers Jordan Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu, Derrick Bryant + Karnell Hatcher all arrested on drug charges.

——–

wowwwwwwwww

• RaiderDanny

Told u! I dont want any players from LSU!

• DJ Johnny

Peytons Brain Says:
    October 25th, 2012 at 3:11 pm
    Carson Palmer will have a CAREER year and the Raiders will still be LOSERS and 6-10 . And whats even more pathetic is that these LOSER fans will be happy still because they have a ELITE QB who’s GREAT at LOSING !(but throws for 4000 yrds whoopie !) REAL losers!

So, on a Thursday night a WINNER like you has nothing better to do than hang out with a bunch of loser Raider fans on a blog?

What does that say about you?

It says YOU are the LOSER.

• DJ Johnny

If this blog is any indication, Raider fans really are the biggest azzhole fans of any team in the league.

I say IF this blog were any indication. The reality is that half the dikwads on here are NOT Raider fans but are such loser idiots that they hang out here anyway.

Go to your own teams blog unless you’ve already been kicked out of all of them.

• fangsraiders
  • Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Did a fly by on me. Why can’t you roast marshmallows on a gas grill? Or was that like the time I promised a girl that…oh, never mind.