Live chat: Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday at 1 p.m.

By Jon Becker
Friday, October 26th, 2012 at 9:36 am in Oakland Raiders.

NFL writer will take questions and provide insight during a live chat as the Oakland Raiders face AFC West rivals Kansas City Chiefs.

• R8drinOK

Good Morning Raider Nation,

I thought everyone would enjoy this game on Youtube. What good times…commercials included!

• DMAC

I’m so glad the AFC West has good Coordinators (Norv, Romeo) pretending to be HC’s.
    I wonder if they say the same thing about our HC?

• DMAC

Jamaal Charles (back) is not listed on the Chiefs’ Week 8 injury report.
    After getting roughed up by the Bucs’ front seven in Week 6, Charles used the bye week to get back to 100 percent. Even though the underrated Raiders’ run defense is giving up just 3.78 yards per carry, he’s a clear top-five fantasy option this week. We can safely project 20-25 carries despite Peyton Hillis’ likely return from an ankle sprain.
    Source: Kansas City Star

• DMAC

How about our run D?
    Looks to be improving after every game.

• REALLIONAIREB

DMac Kurt Cousins rookie out of Michigan St back up to RGIII in Washington drafted in the 5th round played well in preseason and almost beat Atlanta in week 3 or 4 when RGIII went out if it was for Matty Ice final drive!

• DMAC

Fasho’

• Raider Riff

DMAC Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:02 am
    I wonder if they say the same thing about our HC?

——————-

Good question.

But lets be honest, the DA is not in the same league as Norv and Romeo when it comes to being a coordinator. Norv and Romeo are legendary coordinators. Like, key ingredient to a SuperBowl caliber coordinators. You cant say that about DA if we’re being honest.

But as you are alluding too, a great coordinator does not necessarily make for even a decent HC. On the flip side, I wouldnt say that DA is a failure as a head coach and put him in Norv or Romeo’s box of crappy HC’s just yet.

Lets not forget that Gruden didnt become “Gruden” until year 3. And in a lot of fans cases, he wasnt missed or valued as much as he should have been until he was gone.

• JLofty

I liked Tom Cable. Same with Huge.
    Didn’t think much of Cable as a HC on game day though.
    And Huge quite frankly was too big for his own good. He had game management issues and I would have fired him after the season if I was a new GM too. Seemed like he was an opportunist. If I’m the new boss I want to trust my team. No way I keep him around…

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

From Bleacher Report:

“But Cousins is not just a good fit for Mike Shanahan in DC, but for a handful of other struggling teams around the league. I can think of two in the AFC West who could use his services—the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders.”

• JLofty

DA will get better but really not digging Knapp and the wholesale transition to ZBS. Should’a phased it. Like we did last year incorporating more power after the Cable years.

• Raider Riff

Oh, and Big Bananana, to answer your question, yes, the chats are useless. The real semi’s just stay here during the game and dont venture into the “official” chat.

We dont need Cork’s approval to post here. We dont have to hear the same vanilla questions 6 times over. And when Cork gets a tough one, he usually rides the fence or dodges it all-together. Which leads me to think that maybe Cork is Kook Kell?

Anyways, avoid the “official” chats. They are a waste of time.

• JLofty

Good posts Riff.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

I didn’t like Cable or Hue. The only reason anyone thinks those coaches were any good was because Al Davis was incapable of hiring a real NFL caliber coach.

• DMAC

He must not be black, right?
    I don’t hear Mistic bragging about him.

• aig-raiders

@theghostronin79

Agreed 100% with your post #27. We are not losers anymore is 100% correct and I am sure that’s why the players didnt give up on him when the playoff was not in the picture.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Which leads me to think that maybe Cork is Kook Kell?
    —-
    LOL

• Plunketthead

Gruden had the perfect nickname here. He is Chucky every monday night making those evil faces, squinty eyed devil. I bet he does not like the comparision

• R8drinOK

JLofty Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:12 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe they can continue to move away from ZBS and do more power plays for DMAC to get on track this weekend.

• raiderzmaverick

Plunketthead Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 9:39 am

Dells World Famous Oakland Raider Fantasy Football is consuming my free time.

I use to play three teams, sometimes more. Past two years I went to one and I spend more time on it then I did on three teams.

I just checked a few weather reports and I am about to flip a coin for a decision that I cant make. Its a jungle in there and I have not felt that drive to win since I achieved the pinnacle in dominating 8th grade badmitten championship.

The drive for a second Al Davis Cup is addictive
    ===========================
    Dammed you Plunkett…don’t you have to spend more time at work or something? I just found out Hernandez didn’t even take the flight to London so I’m out my top TE to boot.

• Marks hair

Go deep on routt 6 or 7 times. Thats 3 scores right there

• aig-raiders

IMHO, I never thought Gruden was a good gameday manager either. I remember Rich Gannon wanting to overstep Chucky to call a timeout and chucky had to push him away. Gruden is a very good motivator and XO guy though.

• DMAC

Marks hair Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:16 am

Go deep on routt 6 or 7 times. Thats 3 scores right there
    ========
    + 3 more PI’s

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

—–
    I have him too. I picked up Dreesen from Broncos to take his place.

• aig-raiders

Route gave up 6 tds on the post route in the redzone in the 2nd half of last season. Just do the same darn thing again.

• Plunketthead

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

What about tuesday chat? Do the real semis go there?

• Raider Riff

JLofty Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:12 am

————-

I would agree that a “phase in” approach would have worked better. I think the current coaching staff would now agree with you as well.

I believe we went in with a 80/20 split in terms of ZBS/PBS phase in. Which was much too drastic by the looks of things.

But one thing most fans are simply not getting are these simple facts that are the REAL reasons our run game isnt working, and they are independent of whatever scheme we are running.

1. Wiz 2.0 should be at LG and not C. He is not having a good year by any stretch.
    2. Brisel is routinely getting beat physically
    3. Meyers is routinely getting beat physically
    4. Veldheer is having a off year
    5. Coop is a year too long in the tooth

ZBS relies on scheme to beat the D. PBS relies on shear physicality to beat the D. When you look at the tape, we are getting beat physically 9 times out of 10 so it makes no sense to be calling for a run scheme that relies so heavily on us overpowering the defense. I think the problems may just get worse.

• REALLIONAIREB

Come Dmac lay of Mistic…HaHaHaHa

• DMAC

REALLIONAIREB Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:20 am

Come Dmac lay of Mistic…HaHaHaHa
    ========

lol
    Am I right tough?

• Marks hair

If we all dumped dmac in our ff leagues right now i guarantee a 2 td 150yd+ output this week.

• raiderzmaverick

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:17 am

—–
    I have him too. I picked up Dreesen from Broncos to take his place.
    =======================
    I picked up Keller from the Jets. Dreesen has a good matchup this week though…

• Raider Riff

Plunketthead Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:19 am
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

What about tuesday chat? Do the real semis go there?

—————

Not that I know of. And for the very same reasons we dont go into the live game chat. Cork doesnt really bring anything to the table. If he’d answer the tough questions, actually take a stance, and provide some deep insight more often, then I wouldnt be so hard on him.

But ever since he was wrong about DHB, he’s been super gunshy about taking any hard stance on anything that isnt hindsight.

• Plunketthead

Yeah, I have had my hours docked again at the kwik e mart. Boss use to let me stock the coolers but he does it himself now :smile:

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Raider Riff Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:23 am
    Plunketthead Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:19 am
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

What about tuesday chat? Do the real semis go there?

—————

——
    You should enter the live chat just to see Cork make fun of Kell (or the Kell imposter). Last week he took 2 shots at him.

• raiderzmaverick

Plunketthead Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:23 am

==================
    Dammed it – let me talk to that SOB. I can’t have you with all that free time to research who to put into your lineup!

• Raider Riff

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:26 am
    Raider Riff Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:23 am
    Plunketthead Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:19 am
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

What about tuesday chat? Do the real semis go there?

—————

——

————-

Thanks for the heads up. That would be indeed worth watching.

• JLofty

I got you one up’d already Mark’s Hair:
    I started KC Queefs D on ff team. Hello ProBowl Darren McFadden!!
    (Note: starting D – Texans on bye, I am not usually stupid enough to start the KC D…tough to find decent backups in 14-15 person ff league)

• DMAC
  • JLofty

I go in the chats sometimes. They are pretty fluffy but if you’re sitting a comp eating lunch it CAN be, maybe sometimes, better than reading the 30th BeachDiggity post about watery BMs…

• DMAC

Bowe vs. Huffy
    Another key match up to watch.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Bill Barnwell from Grantland ranks the teams according to entertainment value. (drum roll please) The Raiders are….#32!

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine
  • DMAC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:32 am

==========

I luv haters.
    MOTIVATION!

• Raider Riff

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 11:33 am

————

It’s funny and true what he says about the Jags.

They have traditionally been a franchise that relies on ball control and stout defense. Which is a very North East style of play. Found and more importantly, appreciated, in cities that have crappy weather.

That org needs to realize that the Chicago Bears blueprint for football wont sell in sunny Florida…. especially with Florida U right next door. That state likes Spurrier, Charlie Ward @ FSU, Dan Marino, and now the Miami Heat.

Heck, this goes against everything I just said but they would have been smart to have drafted or traded for Tebow. Big mistake by that franchise. He fit their mold AND would have sold tickets and possibly showed that fanbase a style of football they arent used to but would learn to appreciate. Other than Tebow, I dont see how they will ever sell “ball control” football in Florida.