Live chat: Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday at 1 p.m.

By Jon Becker
Friday, October 26th, 2012 at 9:36 am in Oakland Raiders.

NFL writer will take questions and provide insight during a live chat as the Oakland Raiders face AFC West rivals Kansas City Chiefs.

• Plunketthead

Dells World Famous Oakland Raider Fantasy Football is consuming my free time.

I use to play three teams, sometimes more. Past two years I went to one and I spend more time on it then I did on three teams.

I just checked a few weather reports and I am about to flip a coin for a decision that I cant make. Its a jungle in there and I have not felt that drive to win since I achieved the pinnacle in dominating 8th grade badmitten championship.

The drive for a second Al Davis Cup is addictive

• The Big Banana

Is there any point to these chats?

• Plunketthead

Long Live Tom Cable

• Just Fire Baby

Can’t wait for the “Event”

• Plunketthead

Yes there is usually a few interesting things. Come up with some good questions that are not contriversial or phrase it the right way.

True story. Last week I got on a roll untill I asked who was the better coach, Hue or Tom?

He did not answer. I may ask again

• Just Fire Baby

Winning Dell’s league last year is one of my crowning achievements in life.

• Plunketthead

lol Dell needs to buy some cheap tin cups, get out his dremel and send the winner a trophy to cherish

• realtruraider

hwnrdr Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 7:02 am
    I agree with your post JFB! Minny didn’t look ready to play last night! Freeman in the first half had pretty much all day…

——————————————————

Keep in mind it was a Thursday night game, for whatever reason the underdog has done well this year on Thursday night. Would be a good idea to bet on the dog on Thursday

• realtruraider

LOL at whoever said Reggie would of kept Cabes as HC, Reggie is all about high character and Cabes is anything but that, he wouldn’t even hire him as an Oline coach.

• realtruraider

Cable without Hue = still losers. He couldn’t of made that awe inspiring we aren’t losers anymore speech smh

• Just Fire Baby

There is life character and football character.

Cable may not have life character by abundance, but he does have very high football character.

Hue is the vice versa.

• Just Fire Baby

And maybe Cable’s chick-beating, hooker grabs was a ice breaker to relate to his players?

• Plunketthead

I did not pay a lot of attention to the hooker accusations. That stuff seems to get blown up like the wifebeater charges.

What exactly did he do? Fly Bay area whores to games and sleep with them in his room? They were not riding on the team plane, were they?

I am sure Randy deserved to get the pimp hand and if he was a man we would never have heard about it.

• Plunketthead

Good question for corkchat. Who flies or does not fly on the team plane?

Family members probaly have to arrange their own flights, rooms, etc. But in all honesty I dunno how much the club helps

• theghostronin79

Hmm…maybe I should get a custom jersey with BIG BANANA on the back.

===========

That’s a safe bet Dude……I got TOO many Jersey’s that are getting Dusty in my closet cause I can’t bring myself to throw them in the trash. Spent alot of damn money on them and I ain’t NEVER gonna wear them again….So what’s the Fuc*in point right?

customize your own, and wear it till the seams come apart.

• Just Fire Baby

79,

Donate them to charity.

The future gang-bangers of the world would love to wear your Randy Moss, Warren Sapp and Jeff George jerseys.

• DMAC

OK
    I say it every game but…..
    The O-line finally get their schit together and DMAC runs wild in this 1.
    Raiders win!!

• DMAC

Who would love to have Jacoby for this 1?
    Remember the game at the coliseum?

• DMAC

Please make sure we give help to Smith. Use Gordon in this game to help out on the blocking. The Queefs will def. be sending pass rushers his way all game. (Houston-Hali)

• Just Fire Baby

I think Goodson has been handling the KO duty pretty well, not as explosive as Jacoby but consistant (and no fumbles so far).

I would like to have Jacoby running some end arounds though, Lord knows our run-game could use a little juice.

• aig-raiders

When it comes to Cable, I always appreciated his weekly press conf. He was a straight up dude and I can actually understand wtf he was saying. The other part was that he took us to 8-8 after all these years of 4-12 and our guys played hard for him even when our season was over.

• DMAC

At least he reaches the 20 w/out fumbling.
    That’s all I can ask for at this point I guess.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Romeo Crennell is a tool!

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Waddup Nation

Rack ‘em

• DMAC

Whats hanenin’

• aig-raiders

Crennell, Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, and Wannstedt are guys that should never be in a HC position. They are very good career coordinators.

• theghostronin79

21.aig-raiders Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:22 am

==============

I also appreciated how he called a Spade, a Spade….

After the Raiders got roasted, he goes to the podium.

“Well…..We got our tails whipped pretty good.”

and the whole “We’re not losers anymore.” Was bad for HIM to say; of course Al took exception but….. Wasn’t it true? I mean, he just said what I was thinking at the time. I didn’t feel like I got the usual Coach speak Bullsh*t from Cable. Not ALWAYS anyhow. With DA, you could cut and paste his interviews to any game, any week. In fact, I don’t even listen to them anymore; and I listened to everything Cable had to say.

• SilverAndBlackBleeder

Can’t wait ’till Sunday!!!!!! Lookin’ forward to seeing a healthy DHB three weeks removed from that big hit to the dome….would REALLY LOVE to see our offense use the threat of his end around ability more a la Saints/Sean Payton decoy style….’cause if it’s not respected, he’s a threat to crack it for at least 10 every time like he did last time we ran it for him…… that might help open some things up for Run DMC ’cause the line isn’t doing good enough job consistently all at the same time….

• Dan78

Raiders 21 Chef Boy R Dee’s 13

• Plunketthead

Long article on Mcfad.

There are a number of factors as to why McFadden is struggling with a 3.1 yard per carry rushing average this season, but the biggest might have to do with his running style and more importantly, the offensive line. This offseason the Raiders added Greg Knapp to serve as their offensive coordinator and Frank Pollack as their offensive line coach. After spending many seasons in Houston and witnessing the zone-blocking scheme work so well with Arian Foster, Knapp deduced it would be good for the Raiders to use the same thing with Pollack’s help, letting go of veteran O-line coach Bob Wylie in the process. They even signed guard Mike Brisiel away from the Texans to help the transition.

But McFadden has yet to adjust to it — he’s more of a powerful gasher who doesn’t run with a lot of patienc

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

I just remember Cable being a terrible game day coach. You know what really got Cable fired? It was the all safety defense called by Marshall. Without that stupid call, the Raiders may have been in the playoffs that year.

• Just Fire Baby

I always thought the “we aren’t losers anymore” was a way to praise his players for playing hard the last week in KC, even though they had nothing to play for.

Maybe he could have been a tad more elegant, but I dug it.

• Just Fire Baby

But knowing now that Al was docking money from his paychecks, amazing that that stayed in secret throughout the year, that quote was obviously a shot across the hall to Al.

• theghostronin79

32.Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Maybe he could have been a tad more elegant, but I dug it.

==========

Me too man. I thought it was damn remarkable that he got our boys to play TOUGH even when we had absolutely NOTHING to play for. Seen too many teams not give a DAMN…. Cables team played for him and they played for each other.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine
  • REALLIONAIREB

This is off the subject,but if I was Reggie Mac I would try to see wut it takes to get Kurt Cousin away 4rm Washington.Get rid of Leinart,let Palmer,Pyor,and Cousin compete for the position.Even tho I think Shana-Rat my ask a ridiculous price!

• Raider Riff

DMAC Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Who would love to have Jacoby for this 1?
    Remember the game at the coliseum?

—————-

I was there for that one. What a great game. Magical.

• Just Fire Baby

I like that idea, but I don’t think the Skins would be willing to move a draft pick, before the end of his rookie year.

Not at least for what they paid for him.

• Raider Riff

Theghostronin79 Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:35 am
    32.Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Maybe he could have been a tad more elegant, but I dug it.

==========

————–

I have a different take.

I always felt those teams had the talent and wanted it, but they wanted it too much. Tried too hard, got caught out of position and often let their emotions get the better of them.

And then, when the pressure was off, and they just played the game, they started to look like world beaters.

“Relaxing” and letting the game come to you can go a long way.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Why did the Redskins draft another QB anyways?

• theghostronin79

I have a different take.

“Relaxing” and letting the game come to you can go a long way.

================

Interesting…..Makes sense.

Like that Houston game in Oakland a few years back, week 15 I believe. Houston was HOT coming off 5 straight victories against good teams…In the hunt. Raiders were like 2-12 I think….

And Raiders just took it to them. Played physical, emotional football, and they wanted it more. The following week the knocked Tampa Bay outta the playoffs and ended Gruden’s tenure…..

THEN, I thought we were on to something.

• REALLIONAIREB

I wasn’t talkin this season,I was speaking in the off season.Lets be real cousins won’t ever get a real shot in Washington.Even if RGIII gets hurt and Cousins does well(extremely well) what’s the chances of RGIII getting benched when he’s healthy again?I just believe Cousins deserve a shot in this league,and hope the football Gods would have to be with our Raiders

OneNation….UndaGod

• Raider Riff

And for the record, I dont think Cable got fired because of the “losers” comment.

Cable got fired because Al’s guy in waiting, Hue, had done enough undermining behind the scenes to warrant Al promoting his guy.

Cable was never “Al’s guy”. Cable just happened to be the only person available once the Kiffin debacle was unrepairable. Al wanted Kiffin out of there at all costs. Once Kiffin was gone, Cables days were numbered. He only stuck around as long as he did because (A) He always beat the Broncos and the rest of the AFC West and (B) Al couldnt fire him for “just cause” yet.

Honestly, the Cable/Hue combo was a good one. But Hue is/was a slippery cvnt. And lets not act like Cable was any different. Anyone that know’s Cables history knows he is an opportunist just the same. Cable has made a career of it, and just like Hue did to Cable, Cable did a similar behind the scenes backstab to Kiffin.

Cable was never long term. Cable/Hue was never going to last. And once Al died, Hue would have had to play his cards perfectly with Mark in order to stick around.

Politics are a mvtherfvcker.

• JLofty

Good mornin fellas. AM crew bringin their game i see.

• REALLIONAIREB

And when was Cousins drafted???Like 5th round right???I would give a 5th in 2013 and a 6th of 7th in 2014 for Cousins…I just think he has that it factor what ppl speak of when talking QBs!!!

I could be wrong

• Plunketthead

Why did the Redskins draft another QB anyways?

Insurance? Plus a cheap 4 year back up. I dislike the man but scatrat is doing a good in the DC. He must have seen something in Kirk he likes, like the ability to run the zbs?

• JLofty

I miss Jacoby. Although our blocking on kr has not been good. Hopefully Gordon can get back in there.
    Need to dump Coy Francees and get Tyvon on pr…with 3×4 swingin lumber these days we can afford TB on pr…

• REALLIONAIREB

Plunk-Head I think Cousins will be a Starter in this league by his 3rd year.Thats only if he gets out of D.C of course!!!

• DMAC

Who the fk is Cousins?
    Someone lace me w/ some game please.

• Raider Riff

Theghostronin79 Says:
    October 26th, 2012 at 10:46 am
    I have a different take.

“Relaxing” and letting the game come to you can go a long way.

================

Interesting…..Makes sense.

THEN, I thought we were on to something.

———-

We were on to something. But success is not something we handle well.

We constantly lose coming off wins or bye weeks on the road. It’s been that way forever.

The moment we have success and the pressure mounts, we fold instead of just doing our jobs.

Honestly, its the same with most teams if you understand the psychology of a 53 man locker room. Win one game, you feel good for the week. Win the second in a row, and serious momentum and confidence begins to swell within a team. Winning the third in a row at that point most of the time happens based on shear momentum. And then comes the dreaded 4th game. Overconfidence sets in. The kool aid gets too sweet. And most teams come crashing down to reality. Which is, at the core of ever football team, theyre all inherently 8-8 clubs. A couple big breaks throughout the year will get you to 10 wins or drop you to 6. A lack of talent or abundance of it will get you to 4 losses or 12 wins. Thats it in a nutshell.

It takes a dumpster fire of a team to lose more than 12 games in a year. Many things have to go wrong. But I digress….

The fact is, we get that “kool aid” effect often after just a one game win streak. The pressure mounts and all of a sudden the weight of living up to the historic franchise begins to takes its psychological toll on the squad.

It’s largely why we cant seem to win opening day most years. We go into it with usually very high aspirations, get our hopes up, and the moment we encounter the slightest bump in the road, our teams emotions get the better of them and everyone starts trying to do too much and the problem just kets worse. Call it the Tommy Kelly effect if you will.

Just look at all the games where we relaxed….

The Texans one you said. The TB one after it. Or the 59 points we put up on Denver. Heck, I could list them all day long.

Say what you will about Jamarcuss, but he was always great in the clutch. He did a lot of stupid stuff most the time, but his list of 4th qtr comebacks was rather large for his short tenure (our D gave away most of them). I attribute a lot of that to the fact that those were the moments when he stopped trying to force things and just “let things go”.

The weight of Al Davis, 3 SuperBowls, and all the legends that surround this team on the field & front office can often seem like a burden that is impossible to live up too. Just look at this team since the mid 80s. We either thought we were owed something because we were the Raiders or we wilted under the pressure of living up to our historic greatness. There really isnt a grey area I can think of in our recent history.