Previewing today’s Raiders vs. Chiefs game

By Jon Becker
Sunday, October 28th, 2012 at 11:15 am in Oakland Raiders.

• J Hill

Doing fine without high priced CBs, Riff.

• Just Fire Baby

Sanchez is awful, should be Tebow time in the 2nd half.

• Raider Riff

October 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    J Hill Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 11:16 am
    Doing fine without high priced CBs

——–

Fine? I dont think so. We’re 2-4 and QBs have largely done great against us.

That said, I think CB is the least important position on a team. Defense starts up front and the ripple effect goes from there.

Our DT play has been stout.

Our DE play has slightly improved

Our LB play, which was VERY inconsistent early on has improved drastically with the personell changes and the progression of Burris.

Thus, our secondary play has looked better as well. But I think some of that has to do with the growth of Huff as a CB. Which tells me, that having Nnamdi would have been nice despite how little I think of the position.

• Just Fire Baby

Can Branch not let Quinn beat him over the top today?

Jezus I hope so.

• Raider Riff

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    Sanchez is awful, should be Tebow time in the 2nd half.

———–

The Jet’s are awful. Look at how theyve drafted the last few years. It’s been atrocious. The talent has eroded tremendously around Sanchez during his tenure there.

That said, nobody can do more, with less, than Tebow.

Would Tebow make them better? Probably. Does that make him better than Sanchez? Not even close.

• Just Fire Baby

The Jet’s are awful. Look at how theyve drafted the last few years.

****************************

Didn’t they trade bunch of 1′s to move up to get Sanchez?

Great job guys!!!!

• Raider Riff

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 11:22 am
    Can Branch not let Quinn beat him over the top today?

Jezus I hope so.

————–

DE’s got to show up again. I wasnt nearly as harsh as I should have been in my post #3 to JHill towards the DE’s this year. Theyve been a MAJOR dissapointment now that I think about it.

Biggest Problems on this Team thus far:

1. O Line / Blocking (this includes Meyers horrible blocking)
    2. DE’s (missing in action most the year)
    3. Dropped Passes (TEs, RB, WRs, in the Red Zone in particular)
    4. Special Teams (has steadily improved throughout the year)
    5. Secondary (Was our biggest problem early on, has improved drastically. Huff is partially to credit, improved LB and DE play is partially to credit. Regardless, its no longer the BIG problem it once was. After week 2, you could say the secondary was problem #1, now, its about to fall off this list)

• Plunketthead

Chaz just caught a pass. Nnamdi just got burned,,,again. He looked like peter pan flailing away

• Raider Riff

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 11:24 am
    The Jet’s are awful. Look at how theyve drafted the last few years.

****************************

Didn’t they trade bunch of 1’s to move up to get Sanchez?

Great job guys!!!!

————–

Theyre a lot like Buffalo.

How many draft picks over the last 5 years have Buffalo wasted on QBs and RBs?

How many have they invested on O Line?

They had McGehee, let him go for Marshawn Lynch… then they let Lynch go and he’s been the most productive back in the league the last 17 games. They got a could more top drafted RBs on the roster now and they will probably be gone within the next year or two.

You cant waste 4-5 draft picks alone on RBs when you already had the guy you need all along.

Buffalo’s GM needs to get fired.

• Raider Riff

JFB….

They traded up to get Sanchez because at that time, the Jets were loaded. They made it to back to back AFC title games. But since then, theyve let that team erode with one dumb draft decision and dumb FA decision after another.

The talent around Sanchez is much worse today than it was his rookie year. He’s gotten better, the team has gotten worse.

Which just goes to show just how important the TEAM surrounding a QB is. The QB gets way too much credit and blame in this league.

• EMRaiders

I see another low scoring game with this game.

My pred:

OAK 16 KC 13

• morilla

Can’t wait to hear Ryans post presser. The Jets are a joke.

• Just Fire Baby

Look at the Jags hanging around

• http://www.jasonfitz.com Fitz

anyone know a real website that would allow me to watch the game live?

• Plunketthead

Bad day for fat rex too. I could not be happier.
    Jet fan sure is stoked :smile:

They looked like Sully on basement restriction

• EMRaiders

#14, my last post didn’t show, try this site

firstrowsports

• J Hill

When the Eagles cut Nnamdi this offseason, I wouldn’t mind seeing us bring him back as a FS.

• Plunketthead

Nnamdi was just accused of stealing by Sharpe

• EMRaiders

Isn’t Nnamdi not as good in zone as he is in man? because we are using a lot more zone now.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raaaaiiiiidddeeerrrss

• http://www.jasonfitz.com Fitz

emraiders… thanks! I’ll pull it up there. Wish there was a package for non direct tv subscribers… NFL is missing out on making $

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Wow, this blog is getting fancy.

• J Hill

I said Nnamdi at FREE SAFETY, not CB.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

If Jags beat the Packers, does that make the Raiders a good team?

• Plunketthead

RG almost got his head removed as a WR

What the hell is scanahan trying to do?

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Fitz Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 11:36 am
    anyone know a real website that would allow me to watch the game live?

==============================================

vipboxsports dot eu

thefirstrow dot eu

• Marks hair

This is parity? Because it looks like shìt..

• MiamiRaider78

The Jets are a joke and I enjoy it.

• http://www.jasonfitz.com Fitz

#26. thanks. got em both pulled up!