Raiders, Chiefs inactives

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, October 28th, 2012 at 11:57 am in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders inactives: QB Terrelle Pryor, RB Taiwan Jones, CB Shawntae Spencer, LB Travis Goethel, T Khalif Barnes, OL Lucas Nix, DE Jack Crawford.

Notes: Goethel had a back issue late in the week. He missed the first eight games of his rookie season because of back surgery. Jones recovering from a knee injury.

Chiefs inactives: QB Ricky Stanzi, WR Devon Wylie, DB Tysyn Hartman, LB Bryan Kehl, C Bryan Mattison, DE Glenn Dorsey, TE Steve Maneri.

Ropati Pitoitua starts at DE for Dorsey.

Field, whether conditions: Perfect 50 degree fall day. Brilliant sunshine . . . about as good as it gets for late October in Kansas City.

• Just Fire Baby

I think the Carolina punter just had a 4 yard punt.

That takes directional punting to a whole new level!!!

• ChrisinNC

Luck could be scary good. He’s got solid mobility and phenomenal accuracy/field vision.

• MiamiRaider78

This sucks. The Jets are getting destroyed and the fans were chanting for Tebow at one point. It’ll start the QB controversy talk and it will be nothing but Jets+Teblow+Sanchez on ESPN, 24-7. It might get more airtime than the election. FML

• J Hill

————————————————————-

LOL

• RaidingTexas

Edward Teach Says:

The guy Palmer decides to throw the ball to.

—————————

But wait, Palmer doesn’t decide who to throw to. It’s all Knapp. Unless of course it’s no-huddle, then it’s all Palmer. lol

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Marks Hair Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:31 pm
    What about curry?

==========================================

Still on PUP. We’ve got another 10 days or so to decide. Remember that before a week ago last Wednesday, his last football practice was in July.

• ChrisinNC

Packers finally remembering who they’re playing.

• edward teach

Zmiller with a nice TD catch for the Seahawks.

His teammates should stop whacking him in the head when they congratulate him, though. Dude could end up on IR.

• Raider Riff

Mcfadden20. Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    RaidingTexas Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:25 pm
    Riff, I’m afraid to download that HD version too. Why don’t you try it first? If your bank account doesn’t get wiped out in a few weeks, let me know and then I’ll install it. lol

I did its not much of a difference then the normal one

———

Gotcha.

I still have my Gamepass subscription, but I cant use it in the states. And I try using TOR IP hiding software to make it look like Im in another country but the connection gets slowed down so much, watching it in HD is completely out of the question.

Stupid TOR doesnt allow me to pick the server Im relaying thru. Some servers are offering 40mbps connections which is MORE THAN ENOUGH, but I can pick and choose who Im routted thru.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

I kind of like the Steeler uniforms.

• zopi

Raiders have no business losing this game.
    I can’t believe the chefs are even favorite on this one, that’s total disrespect.
    Raiders should win big, no ore excuses!

• http://www.safc.com/page/StadiumofLightDetail/0,,10281~1706060,00.html neilb

Albert….have you bumped your head recently?

• EMRaiders

“…offering 40mbps connections which is MORE THAN ENOUGH, but I can pick and choose who Im routted thru.”

***********

you don’t have worry about being “ROUTTED” by anyone, as no one has ever been!

• MiamiRaider78

In order to get DMAC out of this funk, I’m wearing his jersey backwards. Maybe that will help.

• Raider Riff

One play after Michael Bush gets blown up (whom I still miss btw)… Cutler makes a GREAT throw. What a catch by Davis.

Carolina’s punter punts 6 yards. Man o man. Lets see what kind of fortitude Cam has. Judging by his post game performances this year, Im not expecting him to suck it up right about now.

If Carolina loses this game, that franchise is done in its current form. All the goodwill and momentum coming off of last year and the introduction of Cam is about to be wiped clean away… for good.

• RaidingTexas

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:

I kind of like the Steeler uniforms.

————————-

They’re getting all kinds of hate for it, but I thought they were alright. They’re like yellow jackets – kinda intimidating.

But like one of the OLs said pre-game: horizontal stripes don’t serve fat guys very well. LOL

• ChrisinNC

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

—————————————————-

If that works, we’ll all get Knapp jerseys and wear them backwards.

• Just Fire Baby

Great job CAm!!!!

• mcfadden20.

I have fantasy team people would kill for yet i’m getting rap3d in that one.. and will be only 4-4 after tomorrow

• Raider Riff

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

————

Im undecided. In away jerseys I got:

Stabler
    Tatum
    Plunkett
    Long
    Kaufman
    Rice
    DHB
    Jacoby
    DMC

I was thinking of going DMC cause we need to get him going. But whenever we really need a win, wearing a past legend never fails us.

Help me pick guys.

• J Hill

One play after Michael Bush gets blown up

————————————————————

Bo Jackson comparisons are pretty funny.

Godfrey would have never manhandled Bo like that.

Twinkle toes, I say.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Cam Newton with the pick 6.

• mcfadden20.

WOW Mistic’s wave of the future is in huge sophomore slump.. The ball just slipped out of his hand… there’s prolly too much wind .. idk hahahahaha

• ChrisinNC

Ruh-roh. Mistic, better remind your boy Cam he’s the new “wave” of QBs.

• MiamiRaider78

Go with the Long jersey!

• Marks hair

Cam you are raping my fantasy wife and eating my fantasy children..!! You fùcking fùck!

• Just Fire Baby

LOL at that idiot for the Panthers returning the 2 point conversion and celebrating.

Why do so many of these guys not know the rules?

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Panthers returned 2 pt. conversion all the way. They really should give the defense 2 points for doing that.

• mcfadden20.

HAHAHA THe guy ran back the 2 point conversion on an INT.. and the whole team was excited and other team was trying to take him .. god damn these nfl players don’t know the rules.. i know more rules than these guys

• Just Fire Baby

Panthers owner fired GM, so new GM can rid himself of Cam Newton.

Makes all the sense in the world.

• mcfadden20.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Why do so many of these guys not know the rules?

I wonder if these guys pay attention to the rules lol

• Just Fire Baby

Barksdale abused all day at Tackle and now is hurt.

• raidermarty

Both my son and I are sporting white DMAC’S

• ChrisinNC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

——————————————————-

Didn’t they used to allow that not too long ago?

• RaidingTexas

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:

They really should give the defense 2 points for doing that.

————————–

Agreed. And you should only need one foot in bounds for a reception. NFL rule book needs some updating.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

ChrisinNC Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

——————————————————-

Didn’t they used to allow that not too long ago?
    ——-
    I feel like they do that in college.

• Raider Riff

Mcfadden20. Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

————

Mistic rooting for a black QB is like Cork picking the Raiders in a blowout.

Its a kiss of death.

In related news, if the Bears win, expect Corky to be pretty surly in the chat. He’s gotta be pretty drunk by this point.

• Raider Riff

RaidingTexas Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    Albert Bigelow Paine Says:

They really should give the defense 2 points for doing that.

————————–

————-

Its legal in flag football.

• mcfadden20.

Ever realized Mistic is never here when his (wave of the future qb’) are playing really bad or when Palmer is having a pretty good day, but i have seen him a few times here when Palmer was having a bad day

• ChrisinNC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    ChrisinNC Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

——————————————————-

Didn’t they used to allow that not too long ago?
    ——-
    I feel like they do that in college

—————————————————

Pretty sure they do in college. But I thought the NFL used to allow that maybe like 8, 9 years ago?

• RaidingTexas

Didn’t they used to allow that not too long ago?

————————

I don’t think so. The two-point conversion is a relatively new phenomenon in the NFL. Since the 1990s if I remember correctly.

• Raider Riff

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    Go with the Long jersey!

————-

Will do. We need our DEs to show up.

• mcfadden20.

raidermarty Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Both my son and I are sporting white DMAC’S

I don’t away jersey, gonna put my Black DMAC20.

• Just Fire Baby

I don’t believe the NFL ever let the defense return 2 pointers.

Only in college.

• Raider Riff

Mcfadden20. Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

———–

Public libraries are closed on Sundays. Thats why him and Kook Kell are not here. Well, and the fact that Kell is still hung over.

You actually think those two fools can afford internet much less a computer to type from?

• Raider Riff

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:53 pm
    I don’t believe the NFL ever let the defense return 2 pointers.

Only in college.

————

Correct.

Make fun about the players not knowing the rules all you want…. but the semi’s here are no better.

And I cant really blame the players, it’s likely that it could be slipped past the refs. I mean, theyve screwed up a coin toss before. And they still dont know the difference between a forward motion of the arm and a fumble (brady).

• mcfadden20.

Just Fire Baby Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I don’t believe the NFL ever let the defense return 2 pointers.

Only in college.

Yeah true , these guys think NFL rules are same college, that’s why they sometimes try to catch with one feet inbound lol

• MiamiRaider78

Theres a good amount of trollsters that come in here only after losses or Cork writes a good article about Palmer.

• Raider Riff

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    October 28th, 2012 at 12:47 pm
    Cam Newton with the pick 6.

————

See my post #66

I made it minutes before the pick 6.

I dont know why anyone questions me sometimes.

• https://twitter.com/Albert_B_Paine Albert Bigelow Paine

Cam might take his team on game winning drive.