Raiders work out six players; add offensive lineman

The Raiders worked out the following six players Tuesday, per Aaron Wilson of NFL Fox Sports: Quarterback Aaron Corp, wide receviers Saalim Hakim and Shaky Smithson, tight end Cooper Helfet, cornerback Buddy Jackson and safety Cory Nelms.
None of the six was signed by the Raiders. However, they did release cornerback Akwasi Owusu-Ansah from their practice squad and signed guard Jason Foster to take his place.
Headed out to the practice field in about 15 minutes. Stay tuned for Tweets and Twitpics on the latest with the Raiders as they prepare for Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Steve Corkran

• RaidingTexas

Yay!!

2 chainz!

CP3!

• Dakota

If the Lakers can’t beat a Mavs team that was missing their best players….who the hell can we beat?

Maybe the Warriors…..but I mean other NBA teams!?!?!?!?!

I got 5 on it!

DMAC Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:54 am

Raider E Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:50 am

Hey Dmac,

Is Bogut starting tonite? I read somewhere this morning that he was?

You see anything?
    ==========

I read that it will be a game time decision.
    His min. are going to be reduced at the beginning of the season anyways

• Raider E

It was just 1 game Dakota, but I do hope they lose alot more.

• Marks hair

A read and react system takes a while to learn. Don’t sweat it.

• Dan78

D’Antoni will be Lakers next coach bank on it.

• poprox13

10 and Then

• Dan78

Janikowski

• Dakota

7.Raider E Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:56 am
    It was just 1 game Dakota, but I do hope they lose alot more.

+++++++++++++++++

Yo, they can’t rebound, they can’t play defense, they can’t hit free throws, their offense ends up on the hands of the PF 20 feet from the hoop, or in the hands of the wild-eyed MWP, and their bench blows.

Just fix those little things and they will dominate!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush) Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:57 am
    RaiderDuck Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:36 am
    Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:31 am
    LOS ANGELES – A decade since George Lucas said “Star Wars” was finished on the big screen, a new trilogy under new ownership is destined for theaters after The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it was buying Lucasfilm Ltd. from him for $4.05 billion.

The seventh movie, with a working title of “Episode 7,” is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The trilogy will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond “Return of the Jedi,” the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new “Star Wars” movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as creative consultant in the new movies.

“I’m doing this so that the films will have a longer life,” Lucas, the 68-year-old creator of the series and sole owner of Lucasfilm, said in an interview posted on YouTube. “I get to be a fan now … I sort of look forward to it. It’s a lot more fun actually, than actually having to go out into the mud and snow.”
    ++++++++++++++

Will Mickey play Luke, Daisy Duck play Leia, Donald play Han, Pete play the Ghost of Darth, Pluto will be Chewy?

This is going to be baaaaad, but I will still watch it!

=================================================

It all depends on who they get to write the story. I’m hoping for someone like Joss Whedon, JJ Abrams, J. Michael Straczynski or Kevin Smith.
    —————–
    Kevin Smith?!?!

I love Silent Bob but having Jason Mewes in a star wars flick will forever taint the series lol

Shaky Smithson?
    WTF?????
    LMAO

• mcfadden20.

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:51 am

Maybe the Warriors…..but I mean other NBA teams!?!?!?!?!

It’s going to take some time to work all the different personalities into 1 team

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

The Flakers are old and in the way…..

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:58 am

7.Raider E Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:56 am
    It was just 1 game Dakota, but I do hope they lose alot more.

+++++++++++++++++

Just fix those little things and they will dominate!
    ========

Its not 2 late to jump on the Dubs bandwagon.

• mcfadden20.

mcfadden20. Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:57 am

Raider E Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:42 am

Mcfadden20,

I have to ask, so don’t be offended.

Do you enjoy talking to Mistic?

That guy drives me nuts the way he talks in circles.

——
    Hell no , the guy annoys me with his backhanded compliments for our team and always propping up the black qb’s like their the next coming of something we have never seen…. he will bring up anything to justify his bs , first it was only TD and INT for negativity towards CP, now since Palmer only have 5 int to 9 tds , he will use total TO’s to support his case why Palmer sucks… yesterday he said he’s afraid of J Freeman torching us and hopefully CP would not throw int’s , then he did his total TO’s case for both qb’s and found out J Freeman got more TO”s and then pointed out he got 5 more TD’s than CP , nevermind the supporting cast he has

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Laker fans, despite the rich team history, there are some days where you need to just crawl into a hole and STFU. This is one of them.

• DMAC

Welcome to the 2012 Fake show!

• Dakota

17.DMAC Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:59 am

Its not 2 late to jump on the Dubs bandwagon.
    ++++++++++

You know, I’ve never really gotten into the WNBA….maybe now is the time?

• mcfadden20.

LAKERS got got good players and i know they will be in it no matter what, they could lose their next 10 but i know they will be in the finals

• RaidingTexas

Dakota Says:

———————————

Mavs bench is pretty good though. Aside from D-How’s miserable FT shooting, it was the bench that killed LA: outscored 37-17.

• hwnrdr

Ok, Warriors fans…lol…you guys better stay healthy this year!

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

McFadden20, start talking when the Lakers win their next 10.

• Raider E

Just fix those little things and they will dominate!

——————————

Yeah, Gasol looked like the franchise player last night, and there will be no championships won that way.

Nash 7pts. 4 asst. Damn, that must hurt.

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:01 am

17.DMAC Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 10:59 am

Its not 2 late to jump on the Dubs bandwagon.
    ++++++++++

You know, I’ve never really gotten into the WNBA….maybe now is the time?
    ========

We don’t discriminate. We welcome all fans. Even the ones who still rock the mullet.
    It’s not 2 late Dakota.
    Make the wise decision.

• RaidingTexas

Dakota Says:

You know, I’ve never really gotten into the WNBA

————————–

Hahahahaha!

• hwnrdr

Yeah and that is something that LA needs to get used to…Howard does not make FT’s!

• Dakota

If we beat Portland tonight, I will make the case for the Lakers going to the finals in here tomorrow.

• hwnrdr

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am

LOL…remember Portland for some reason is always a nemesis!

• DMAC

Everyone else in the league is watching.
    2012 hack-a-cancer is in full effect.

• Raider E

Mcfadden 20,

Like I said, CIRCLES!!!!

• mcfadden20.

Sullivan44 Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:02 am

McFadden20, start talking when the Lakers win their next 10.

—–

You have problem with me talking about Lakers for like 5 secs, think about how we feel when your talk about NIners non stop , you whiner boy

• Dan78

Have the Flubs ever been relevant???

• Dakota

31.hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:04 am
    Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am

LOL…remember Portland for some reason is always a nemesis!
    ++++++++++++

If we go 0-2 (0-10 if you count the preseason) tonight, I may jump off the tallest building in Hot Springs….which may very well result in me spraining an ankle….

• oklahomaRaider18

Sign Reggie Smith!!!!!!!

• mcfadden20.

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:06 am

31.hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:04 am
    Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am

LOL…remember Portland for some reason is always a nemesis!
    ++++++++++++

AHAHHHAHHAHH

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

McFadden, ever notice how I never defend the 49ers, or even act slightly offended, when you insult them? Why do you think that might be?

• hwnrdr

LOL, Dakota…
    BTW: Any of these 6 players brought in any good?

• RaidingTexas

Sullivan44 Says:

———————————

Prozac?

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Who do I defend, McFadden? Gruden. Marcus Allen. Dennis Allen. Reggie McKenzie. Think about it.

• DMAC

“Don’t make me go tell Dwight”

“Dwight who?”

“Dwight around yo lips”

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

Clearly I’m a fan of Raider coaches and players that have tried to change our losing ways, aren’t I? I defend them around the clock in here. Never once defended the 49ers. Get a f’n clue, McFadden20.

hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am

LOL, Dakota…
    BTW: Any of these 6 players brought in any good?
    =========

I heard Shaky Smithson was a beast.
    lol

• http://www.raiderettes.com Sullivan44

proazac. Wow. How original, Raiding Texas. It’s as if mental illness doesn’t run in your family.

• Dakota

40.hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am
    LOL, Dakota…
    BTW: Any of these 6 players brought in any good?
    ++++++++

6 who? what? Huh?

Oh, the guys the Raiders looked at? Yeah, I think they can all flourish in the Raiders’ system if we sign them. Knapp is a genius, and so is Tarver.

(Commit Venial sin for the day; check.)

• hwnrdr

DMAC Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:09 am
    hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am

LOL, Dakota…
    BTW: Any of these 6 players brought in any good?
    =========

I heard Shaky Smithson was a beast.
    lol

With a name like Shaky…lol

• Dakota

48.hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:12 am

I heard Shaky Smithson was a beast.
    lol

With a name like Shaky…lol
    +++++++++++

That dang Michael J. Fox sneaking in for a tryout again…..heard DA got his autograph before they kicked him out of the facility though.

Dakota Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:14 am

48.hwnrdr Says:
    October 31st, 2012 at 11:12 am

I heard Shaky Smithson was a beast.
    lol