Raiders live chat here on Tuesday at noon

Join Steve Corkran as he answers your questions about the Silver & Black during a live chat Tuesday at noon.

Jon Becker

• Raider4Life209

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:24 am

I don’t think teams of past quit , it was more like we lacked talent at QB position,a guy who can lead us back into the game by his arm, if JC was the QB on Sunday , we would have went 3n outs and the other team would have kept running Martin to run the clock out and e would have gained like 500 yards by the end of the game
    ____________________

Can we just agree that it likely would’ve been a little bit of both?

• mcfadden20.

We didn’t score on that TD called back drive, Streater should have brought the ball in on the drive we settled for fg ,I thought Palmer threw a nice pass to him, we left many points on the board in the 1st half , score should have been 21-7 heading into half

• Raider4Life209

hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:30 am

Raider4Life209…thanks man!

==========
    I always give credit when it’s due…no sweat.

• hwnrdr

And wasn’t that a late flag? I remember everyone finished high fiving and then we were like “WHAT???”

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:33 am
    mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:24 am

____________________

Can we just agree that it likely would’ve been a little bit of both?

Yeah a little bit of both,when players look at their QB and don’t have confidence in him to make the throws in obvious passing down situations, they just start making plans for what they would like to do after the game ,going into the 4th quarter

• Raider4Life209

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:36 am

———————

There are so many problems on this team, and missed opportunities are just a part of the game. Like I’ve said, it’s the teams that can overcome their own mistakes and capitalize on the other guys that make the difference. One thing is for sure, one man isn’t to blame. I just ignore that dude like I do Beecham. You can’t compete with ignorance.

Hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am

Yeah that was a pretty late flag ,smith got beat by his man, on that int by palmer on the throw intended for Moore , smith cost us points in Atl as well I believe he was called for holding on 3 or 4 big plays

• boss01

Had Willie POS Smith not held on that play it would have changed the complexion of the entire game. With a big lead, Martin doesnt get that many carries in the 2nd half, the D would have pinned their ears back and unleashed on Freeman.

The game would have been shifted from Martin’s to Freeman’s hands. My guess is, he would have choked the game away in his hands.

For that, Willie POS Smith needs to get shot the hell out of a cannon into the gay side of the bay.

• hwnrdr

It was a team loss! Palmer took the blame, and at least we have someone that will shoulder the blame and not point fingers!

• hwnrdr

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:41 am
    Hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am

I swear that ATL game…every friggen time we crossed the first down marker…here comes the hanky!

• Raider4Life209

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:39 am

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:33 am
    mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:24 am

____________________

Can we just agree that it likely would’ve been a little bit of both?

__________

Precisely.

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:40 am
    mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:36 am

———————

Yeah it’s true man, n we still had the chance to win ,if our receivers knew how to run real routes,that play never gets called and if our O line knew hot to block ,Palmer probably connects with streater cuz he had his man beat ..Palmer would have been the talk of the NfL this week ,but instead we get a full week of Mistic

• 2romes

Dmac during his first couple of season was known to get tripped up easily. Last year he was breaking more tackles and more elusive before he got hurt. With the zone blocking you are likely to get swiped from the sides often and must be strong enough to break arm tackles. I only seen that sparingly with Dmac. The Zome blocking scheme is not his game.

• theghostronin79

309.hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:43 am

================

Or just shrug his shoulders and say “It’s just 1 game, it don’t mean nothin…I thought I played pretty good.”

Boss01 Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:42 am

Exactly ,we would have def won, Freeman wouldn’t have freaking willed his team to a come back, Martin is their best player ,he’s got like 500 combined yards in the last 2 games combined

• hwnrdr

LOL, that was Russell’s problem…he never played bad!

• Raider4Life209

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:44 am

…..Palmer would have been the talk of the NfL this week ,but instead we get a full week of Mistic.
    ____________________

Golden Rule: Don’t feed the troll.

• Raider4Life209

hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:48 am

LOL, that was Russell’s problem…he never played bad!
    ____________________

I was gonna say the same, but was reluctant to mention the dreaded #2….didn’t want to wear out my welcome too soon.

• mcfadden20.

I think we can have explosive offense , but I bet we don’t use more than 50% of the playbook due to our receivers lack of route running

• Raider4Life209

2romes Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:45 am

———————–
    Now that makes more sense. Is there simply just more space when running the power scheme?

• boss01

I wanna see more deep balls to DHB from here on out.

• theghostronin79

It’s just OTA’s…It’s only Training camp….It’s just Pre-season….It’s only 1 game, not the end of the world.

AAAAAAHHHHHH ! ! ! !

I can’t beleive this kinda BULLSH*T went on here.
    And folks wanna rake Palmer across the coals and run him outta town. Seriously?

Get outta here….Naw just get the FU*K OUTTA HERE

• inonewordraider

factoid:

my cuz is studying forensics and he learned that at a crime scene you are much liklier statistically speaking to be killed if wearing raider apparel

• mcfadden20.

Our receivers never freaking catch in the middle of the field , then we are calling those outside routes all day long an of-course Palmer is going to be picked ,when you’re throwing side to side instead of Right in front of you

• RockyMountainRaider

“Doug Martin already has become more than Darren McFadden ever was.” – Mike Florio
    ———————————————————
    Thats a hard truth right there

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Plunketthead Says:
    I will go one step further. KK never sounded the same since he returned from his banning. JMO
    We have seen many names hijacked and the troll who does most the work has proved he can do it to anyone at anytime.
    MR is always different and had been for sometime now.
    The old MR threw out some bait each night and would troll on that alone sucking many in. He was somewhat smart and would stick to that little point and beat it to death always steering the convo back to where he wanted.=================

If a bunch of us ask the Corkster on the live chat to tighten up the log in names, maybe he’d get on Becker or whomever to fix that. You shouldn’t be able to log on with someone else’s exact screen name. Wouldn’t change anything else here in the outlaw west. And I’m not sure stopping the trolls from impersonating others wouldn’t take some of the fun out of the PM freeforall. Just keep the AM reasonably civil.

This current sully cant do that

Inonewordraider Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    factoid:

N if you’re wearing red or blue (duh) I make sure I don’t have anything red or blue on me every time I step outta my house ,,don’t want to be shot just because sum dumb fukk thinks I’m in the gang if I am wearing those colors

Raiders 27 – Ravens 20

• daraider09

boss01 Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 5:37 am
    The Giants were 7-7 last year then went on a roll and won the SB. The season is not over.

But the Giants have 3 things this team does not and that is an NFL defense, great coaching, a QB that is money in the clutch.
    ***************************************************
    The Giants have a ferocious pass rush with their front 4, that never takes a week off. It is consistent because they have superior front 4 rotation. Their secondary is hurt and weak and they still won the super bowl because of this consistent pass rush.

This is what we need to focus on building over the next few years. Draft the Jason Pierre Paul’s of the world. Freak athlete pass rushers who want to be great(by the way, we chose DHB over him in 2009).

Carson Palmer could be fine on a great team like that. Eli throws a million interceptions, but he’s given chance after chance to be great because he’s on a “TEAM” that can get him the ball back, and prevent his INTs from being 6 points, EVERY time he throws one.

I am sick of people calling Palmer a “stop gap”. He’s 32. Last I checked, QBs can play to late 30′s if they want to be great. Lets face it, he’s the best pure passer we’ve have in a decade or more. He’s a good leader, he’s smart, he wants to win, he’s accountable, he takes blame for his mistakes. Think of where we’ve come from at the QB position? Now we have one of the league leaders in passing and we want him run out of town??? Common people. I know we gave up a lot to get him, but that cant be reversed. He’s here, so lets support him.

The recievers are young and will continue to get better with him. Look, he’s not Peyton Manning, hes not a league MVP or hall of famer, but he’s also the sole reason we’ve been in some of these games. He’s a real quarterback. Thats the bottom line.

Lets focus on building this team. Let’s draft a defensive line, let get a competent middle linebacker. Lets continue to develop this stupid ZBS if we must (Think how long it took Houstont to develop it, they wanted to fire Kubiak the first few painful years).

I personally think he can be just fine in 2 or 3 years when this team is built better, if he wants to be, and if the regime can see thru the garbage and realize how far this team is and how he’s not the real problem.

• hwnrdr

These days one can be shot for mistaken identity! Oops! And then see them crying…I didn’t mean to, I thought he was someone else!

• JLofty

Anyone watched the Ravens lately? How they doin?

• mcfadden20.

PALMER has actually been pretty good with protecting the ball this year , you can’t blame the late game ints on him , or some of the ones where our receivers ran the wrong route

• guest123

I’m a CP3 backer all the way. I even own a Palmer jersey. I’ll stick up for him because if he doesn’t show the leadership he did in the 4th qtr, we don’t even make this a game.

After that 3rd long TD run, I was in a daze looking at the TV and said quietly, “good night”. I didn’t believe CP3 could get us back in and he did. That 4th and one when he snuck forward for the first down, he calmly converted. Palmer was amazing for much of that 4th quarter.

But I am still very disappointed that he threw that careless pick with 242 left and on the 35 yl. Too much time and down and distance in your favor to force risky throws late over the middle. It was a horrible decision, and to his credit he manned up about it.

I guess you take the good with the bad, and there is a lot of good in Palmer’s game. But I’m not going to gloss over his faults either. Perhaps the Raiders needed a timeout there for Palmer to settle down and focus. We had almost too much time to get into FG range and we could have methodically run the ball down to the goal line (Tampa’s defense was spent) and scored the game winning TD. All using dink and dunks from Knapp’s playbook. We didn’t need to pick up huge chunks of yards in that situation.

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:37 am

======

Def some questionable calls.
    Saw Lamar get held hella times w/ no flags thrown.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

not sure why people are once again dragging jc into the fray but, i think we can compare based on total games as a raider qb, plamer has 18 jc had 19.

lets take a look

JC 19 games, 12 wins 23 tds 18 turnovers,

undefeated in division play 3 fourth quarter come from behind game wining drives, last took a snap in oakland in first place in the afc west (we haven’t sniffed first place since he went down). jc had 3 games with 2 ints but never 3 in one game.

palmer 18 games, 7 wins 26 tds 28 turnovers

3-4 in division play, and never higher than 2nd in the afc west. 3 4th quarter game winning drives. palmer has 5 games with at least 2 picks, ( 1 with 2, 3 games with 3, and 1 game with 4 interceptions) and 3 of them returned for tds.

so if you are being honest you must admit that jc not only played better than palmer over a similar stretch of time, but he also led wins which palmer isnt doing.

i think you guys should stop bringing up jc because it makes you sound foolish, or delusional. the numbers dont lie

JLofty Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 11:02 am
    Anyone watched the Ravens lately? How they doin?

They are okay ,def not the same team that was in the beginning of the season , not as tough on D and have problems scoring points

• hwnrdr

Ravens will be tough and they are at home! Ngata still not 100% and Webb and Ray out! But still…

• daraider09

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 11:04 am

lets take a look

JC 19 games, 12 wins 23 tds 18 turnovers,

palmer 18 games, 7 wins 26 tds 28 turnovers

****************************************************
    How the Mistic list?

Is it still growing?

JASON CAMPBELL HAD A RUNNING GAME TO LEAN ON…idiot.

• guest123

Ravens not as good as their record, but still better than the Bucs and they are at home. This will be a good test. The Saints are on fire now offensively. This will be a tough 2 game stretch. I’d be content with a split of the next two opponents.

• mcfadden20.

Look at the dumb fuk again , if JC was the reason we won games with that bad D ,he would have been starting for another team , it’s just plain and simple , it’s simple we had running game going and all JC had to do was manage and hand the ball of to McFadden

• DMAC

The RAvens are beatable!!
    Any given Sunday peoples!
    We’ll win this 1.

• theghostronin79

331.JLofty Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 11:02 am
    Anyone watched the Ravens lately? How they doin?

=============

My girl likes the Ravens so, I been watching them every Sunday as well……They’re struggling. They definately look beatable, and they’re ripe. The dodged alot of bullets this year. Damn near choked the game away to Cleveland last week. They clung to 14 points for the entire game…and Browns took the lead on 5 straight field goals. Pretty lousy. Ravens put together 1 final drive to win at the very end.

• mcfadden20.

Your lying to your self if you think JC WOULD have scored 3 TDs in the 4th all by his arm

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

RockyMountainRaider Says:
    November 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am

———————————————————
    Thats a hard truth right there
    =================================

Ouch.

• raiderjhawk

saying that JC is better than CP makes you sound foolish, Palmer would be the starter for most teams in the league… Campbell can’t get a starting gig anywhere or he would have. Campbells just not a winner.

• mcfadden20.

People bring up Ints but dumb fukks don’t realize ints happen in do or die situations , IF JC was the QB , he might not have thrown the int , but he would have def went 4 straight incompletions to turn the ball over on downs

• raiderjhawk

I didn’t have faith that we could beat TB, they’ve been playing lights out. the Ravens dont scare me, they are on a down hill slide.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Campbells just not a winner.
    ————————-
    Had a winning record here.

• raiderjhawk

I think Reece will see a lot more RB this week then jones… what do you guys think?

• inonewordraider

don’t listen to mistic he’s racist..against blacks. he says geno smith, freeman and jc are “athletically gifted” but matt giordano could probably beat em in a foot race. Oh so because they’re black they must be athletic right? racist