CB Lee not with the Raiders in Baltimore

By Steve Corkran
Saturday, November 10th, 2012 at 12:15 am in Oakland Raiders.

Cornerback Pat Lee did not accompany the Raiders on their flight to Baltimore on Friday.
A team official confirmed that Lee was not on the flight. However, no transaction was performed Friday.
It’s logical to assume that the Raiders told Lee that his roster spot will be needed to free up room for cornerback Ron Bartell in his return from the injured-reserve list.
The Raiders can’t activate Bartell until Saturday, per league rules. So, we should know more later Saturday.
Lee entered the starting lineup in the second game in place of Bartell. However, coach Dennis Allen went with regular free safety Michael Huff at cornerback the next game, with Matt Giordano moving into the free safety spot and Lee into a backup role.
Bartell and Huff are expected to start at cornerback against the Ravens. If Lee isn’t on the team at that time, look for Philip Adams and Joselio Hanson to get the bulk of the reps whenever the Raiders are in their nickel and dime packages on obvious passing downs.

• Dakota

We want Phil!
    We want Phil!
    We want Phil!

• arkraider

Oh it looked like an O-

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Dakota Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:49 am
    Why lee?

This roster is full of scrubs that could be cut instead of lee.
    ——
    That’s what I thought too. I thought Lee was playing pretty well.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Dakota Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:50 am
    We want Phil!
    We want Phil!
    We want Phil!
    —–
    Would you settle for a Van Gundy?

• Dakota

As long as it is not Stan or Jeff.

• arkraider

Well then Dakota which scrub could be cut to make room for Pryor and 3 QBs?
    I’d love to see him out there but don’t think it would make sense for depth in other areas.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Arkraider Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:54 am
    Well then Dakota which scrub could be cut to make room for Pryor and 3 QBs?
    ——
    I would cut Seymour.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

IR McFadden and Goodson. They’ll be out for the rest of the season, or return only when we cant mathematically make playoffs.

• Dakota

You don’t have to cut anyone for Pryor, you just make leinart inactive instead of Pryor. And then you cut Pryor after laughing your azz off at how bad he is.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Given McFadden’s track record, I bet he is out at least 4 games.

• Twinkle

DrBob….Believe in fishing lingo it is called chumming
    Heave a bunch a crap in the water and begin.
    What happens when no fish show up?Everybody goes home and tells lies.
    Back to football.The display Mr Reece put on Sunday was
    only overshadowed by his QB and the kid running all over the place for TB.157 yards without being touched.
    Outstanding!!!He’s quite a talent.He’s also quite small
    and he hit between the two tackles and just ducked then bolted.Seymour and Kelly were too tall!!!Sitting near his family and friends was like watching a gospel choir only with ugly uni’s and orange towels that had
    to be waved overhead every time the kid did something.
    The second half just about killed em but they finished
    the game on their feet.Just!!
    All in all a great game….Marcel is something else
    ….incredibly graceful almost nonchalant picking the
    ball out of the air….ballet like!!!I’ve never seen anything like him.One beef…..Raider fans leaving in
    the third quarter????CP3 showed em what an NFL QB is!
    On the pick where he should have taken the sack….he
    hit D.Moore right on the numbers of his jersey…the back of his jersey!!!!Moore was clueless as to his
    QB’s predicament and CP3 takes it on the nose for the
    kid!!!Outstanding…..bring on the gannon lovers.
    Give CP3 Rice and Brown…..oh well!

• Plunketthead

Too many trolls used O in a negative way so the name was banned.
    The reason for that is = It does not cost any money.
    Word press charges money to make upgrades in your blog. For instance registration was a upgrade and cost IBA more money.
    Next step is upgrade that allows banishing Ip numbers but it cost mo money.

The blog will be closed at some point if there are too many complaints.

Better to enjoy the positive and ignore the negative. Otherwise we can all blog where your avatar/signature is bigger then half the threads here.

• Twinkle

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 6:48 am

Testing: cock sucker
    ************************
    I believe it flew……….

• tuckrulefool

(Very) smart money says Goodson back well before we see McFadden again…

• Twinkle

And it matters how?
    Where the fu@k is June Jones?We played an entire half
    with only the QB in the backfield almost and made a game
    of a laugher.

Interview with Knapple

On missing RBs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson: “It’s a little bit of a balancing deal. They’re going to work on their situation too, where they’re trying to work on their run-game. I’m anticipating that they maybe put a few guys in the box there to help stop the run. We’ll play to the strength of the backs that we’re going to use. Hopefully Darren and [Goodson] can make it back, but if not then we have a second plan ready to go.”

On what has held Taiwan Jones back: “It has been ball-security and assignments. Part of his assignment issues have been from lack of reps because of his injuries. You miss out on opportunities due to lack of reps. I’m excited for the young kid. I hope he gets a chance to get in there and have some confidence and get some successful plays to build his confidence. He’s flashed at times, as you guys know since you’ve been here, that he can make some plays. We’re looking for more consistency. Hopefully he’s had a chance to get some good reps this week and it will carry over to the game if he ends up being used in the backfield.”

• Plunketthead

On whether Jones is the fastest back Knapp has ever been around: “Yeah, in pure speed it’s one of the fastest I’ve been around because he has that ability to burst and separate right away. That trait, obviously, is not coachable. He does have that ability to separate really fast, which is a unique quality to have.”

On what he sees from Marcel Reece as a running back: “Part of my experience with Marcel goes back to when I was here in his first year. What was it ’08 when he was first here? We didn’t know where to put him. We moved him around a little bit and played him at back a little bit, then we had him at tight end, and had him at receiver. We studied him coming out of college and he had carried the ball a little bit. So I’ve got a little more familiarity with him and his background, although he hasn’t done as much in the NFL. I have complete confidence in him. He had to play last week, a quarter and a half, at the one back spot for us, and he did a fine job. I’m very confident. He doesn’t have the intangibles of a Darren McFadden but he does bring some good qualities in his own right to carry the ball.”

• Plunketthead

I will do the blogpimps work for him

• Plunketthead

Sorry about the double post. I have a long ways to make the rank of blogpim

On his impressions of the Baltimore defense: “There’s no doubt that it’s awfully tough to play that defense and awfully tough to play them there. Their 14-game win streak speaks for itself. Up front, having [LB Terrell] Suggs come back helps them a lot in the edge pass rushing. They’ve got the two big guys inside that really do a decent job of stuffing the run. Fortunately for us we’re not going to be facing [Lardarius] Webb at corner, because he’s a talented, talented corner. I know the two safeties pretty well; obviously we were at Houston last year and played them twice. [Bernard] Pollard and Ed Reed are outstanding safeties. Ed’s one of the best at studying pass concepts. Our quarterback will be very challenged knowing that he’s reading the concept and your eyes; make sure he doesn’t follow your eyes to the first throw. They do a great job of taking some chances and making turnovers. That’s how they’ve made their hay this year. They haven’t been so good in yardage but they’ve been really good in takeaways. In fact, I think on third downs they lead the NFL on takeaways on third downs.”

On Palmer’s interceptions in the 4th quarter: “Both were protection-driven decisions for the quarterback, where he got rid of the ball sooner than he wanted to. He had to. One of the decisions was a bad decision by the quarterback. The other decision, I’d put on myself. That last interception, I wished I would have called another play. I put him in a bad situation. It was a 7-step scheme, where maybe we would have been better off using a 3 or a 5-step scheme. We had done really good up to that point in that concept, so I wish I had a better call for him in that situation. If we give Carson good protection, he’s going to be fine. He’ll make the progression read.”

On whether there was an issue between Palmer and the receivers: “There was one, the first one, on the timing of it and part of the no-huddle deal. We’ve done so well in no-huddle, that the good has far outweighed the one mistake there. It’s a distinct advantage for us to use that.”

• Twinkle

ABP….cutting Seymour and replacing him with ????
    oh I believe you forgot to mention that part.
    I’ll wait breathlessly as usual.

• Plunketthead

On accounting for the eight straight games of scoring in the last two minutes of the half: “I think it’s just one of those years where it’s happened that way for us. It’s a unique deal. The argument could be said, ‘why don’t you just go 2-minute the whole day?’ but you can’t. You put too much stress on the O-Line to go 2-minute hustle up the whole game. Defenses will plan for that, so that’s why you have to have balance. I’ll give attributes where it’s deserved, and really it’s Carson. He does a great job in a 2-minute drive consistently. Guys have made particular plays in that situation. It’s been a variety of guys. Last week’s touchdowns were [WR Rod] Streater and Brandon Myers catching a ball and getting on the cone there, Marcel on the edge. It’s a unique deal that we’ve been able to do in the first eight games and it’s kind of one of those quirks for this season, that we’ve done well in the two-minute drives.”

On WR Juron Criner’s catch for the two-point conversion: “We’re trying to find a role for him because he’s gotten a better understanding of the offense. He’s done a better job in practice helping out on special teams along with the team so we can get him activated. We’re trying to find ways to create his ability to do what he did and that’s go up and make a play on the ball. He has that trait, as I mentioned before, where I talk about winning a 50/50 throw. That showed up in the two point play. It was between him and another defender. After Carson made a miraculous job of avoiding a hit, Criner went up and made that 50/50 catch out of nowhere.”

• tuckrulefool

wow…nobody in the cupboard and K-Nap STILL not sure if TJ even plays??

“if he ends up being used in the backfield.”

Boy that comment alone should really help his confidence (not)….

Thats at Raiders.com with video

On his impressions of OL Tony Bergstrom this year: “He’s about the normal pace for an O-Lineman because we’ve really put him in a situation where he’s had to learn not just one position. As you well know, we only suit up seven, as most teams do in the NFL on game day, so he’s got to learn both guard and tackle and both sides. For a young lineman, he’s done a fine job mastering the techniques for both guard and tackle. He still needs the game experience to go through but he’s done well in practice this week for us at right tackle.”

On the Ravens giving up yards on the ground this year: “I can’t explain it. I’ll let them explain it because they’ve been so strong for so long there. I think they’ve averaged less than four yards-per-carry since 1998. They’ve been very good. Tough year for them right now and there is still plenty of time for them to fix it and I hope they don’t fix it on our watch.”

• Twinkle

Plunk………if Knapp is saying he called a seven step
    drop with an empty backfield????
    Protection driven???you think????10 men on the LOS and
    CP3 has to hurry????
    Someone is bullsh!tting.

• Plunketthead

Tuk that was last thursday so he has some wiggle room

Twink he said it had worked earlier. As for the lying part, I thought they all did it like politicians, lawyers and agents of any kind

• Twinkle

Criner made two beautiful plays and half a dozen clunkers
    Moore made 3 or 4 incredible plays and 12 clunkers.
    Reece made 12 plays and no clunkers.CP3 made christ knows
    how many plays and 2 clunkers.Thats about it.

• Twinkle

Bless the OLine cos they are doing their fu$king best.
    It has been painfully apparent to the league that under this regime we cannot run the football.Under Hue we would
    be a lot better but perhaps only for the short term.
    This crowd is going to get a brilliant QB killed.
    Watched Reggie for 3 hours through binoculars on Sunday
    and I am not feeling too good for the experience.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Twinkle Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 7:14 am
    ABP….cutting Seymour and replacing him with ????
    oh I believe you forgot to mention that part.
    I’ll wait breathlessly as usual.
    —–
    I don’t care who. How about someone from the Patriots practice squad.

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

B-more riding coming into this game riding a 9-0 record at home.

This could get out of hand very fast,,, or (big or) Jones has his breakout performance on a depleted B-more run defense.
    plus
    Moore will have to drop less balls, do a better job of route execution across the middle, and the Raids could win this thing.

The Raids will definably need to put up a butt load of points to come away with the win.

• Plunketthead

The stuff about Tony seems odd.
    How many rookies are expected to learn RT,LT,RG,LG?

Maybe because he is 26, they expect bigger things out of him.

TP and CP went to the Childrens hospital. Pics at site. Video interviews with Steater and Wheeler and Palmer

On whether he anticipates throwing more with two injured running backs: “Yeah, I mean you’ve got to adjust to what your health is of your team. It’s a team that’s had some yards rushing on them, especially in the last couple of weeks. You look back and look at some of the game film, like the Kansas City game and just a handful of games where teams were able to run the ball on them, which is very odd. I’ve never seen that before in my career. So, there are some things we want to take advantage of in the run game, but you can’t be one-dimensional at the same time and just go in and throw it. We’ve got to figure out a way to get Darren [McFadden] back as quickly as possible and have a selective, or maybe limited, game plan for him or Marcel [Reece], or whoever’s going to be back there.”

On if Raiders success in last two minutes of the first half makes sense: “No, it doesn’t [make sense]. I don’t have an answer for you on that. When we’re in two-minute mode, we’ve always felt, because we’ve played poorly in the first half, that we have to score on this drive. It’s kind of go-big-or-go-home. You’ve got to score. We’ve done a good job of scoring, but we’ve got to continue to get better before that two-minute mark.”

On Brandon Myers’ contributions to the passing game: “He’s just always in the right spot at the right time. He works extremely hard and understands the game. He’s a very smart football player. He understands the offense, understands his role, and knows how to get himself open. He’s extremely reliable in the run game, in the pass-protection game, setting up routes, and finishing a catch and getting into the end zone like he did last week. He’s extremely reliable and has created some mismatches over the middle against linebackers.”

• morilla

This is one of those games. One of those games where people say ” Yeah Dmac, Goodson AND Seymour are out. They are toast.”

Once in a while when situations like this happen, the backups come out and explode. Flip a coin.

• Plunketthead

On 20 of Myers’ 39 catches occurring in the fourth quarter: “I have a ton of trust in Brandon. We throw the ball probably a lot more in the fourth quarter than we have in other quarters because we always come out and try to establish the run. He’s a playmaker; he’s a guy that makes plays. You know when the ball is in the air that he’s either going to go up and get it or knock it down. He has done a good job of that.”

On impressions of Raiders RB Taiwan Jones: “I feel like I’ve been waiting forever; I can’t wait. He does amazing things in practice, and he’s by far the fastest person on the field. He will be the fastest person on the field on Sunday. It’s not that you want to see guys get banged up, but I’m excited about the opportunity he’s getting. I feel like since I’ve been here I’ve been waiting for him to get his opportunity and just hasn’t worked out and now here it is. He’ll get his touches, and I can’t wait. He’s so electrifying. He puts his foot in the ground and goes. He wiggles out of hits, he wiggles out of tackles. I can’t wait to throw him the ball and get him into the open field. He’s so much fun to watch in practice. Like I said, it’s been a long time coming.”

On Marcel Reece’s recent involvement: “Marcel, it’s great to see him. He had some big catches, big plays in the game at pivotal moments in the game. That’s just the type of guy he is. His number doesn’t get called because of the position he plays. It would be easier if he was a little bit bigger and he could play tight end, or if he was a little bit smaller and could play receiver. He’s kind of that ‘tweener’ guy and he’s so hard to put at a spot where he can get more balls. Being a fullback, you’re just not going to get that many opportunities. He makes the most of them, and makes play after play. He’s going to have plenty of opportunities this week.”

On reason behind miscommunication that lead to interceptions: “On the second one we were just on two different pages. It was bad communication on my part. The first one was just a good job by the defense making the play to get in the backfield. I should have just taken the sack and not tried to get rid of it. The third one was a bad play, period.

On if he’ll ever blame the receivers: “No, when you’re the quarterback you’re the one with the ball in your hand. You’ve got to make the right decision and make sure you’re on the right page with everybody.”

On fixing the miscommunication: “We’ve spent a lot of time watching it on film; we’ve talked about it a lot. We’ve gone over everything. Bad things are going to happen. Games are won and lost on interceptions, fumbles, missed tackles, or whatever you want to call it. We’re doing everything we can to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. We’ve got a young group, and a hungry group, and guys that want to be in the right place at the right time, and want to make big plays for us. We’ll continue to work and get better each week.”

On the team’s ability to fight back: “We’ve got a team that believes, that doesn’t want to just quit. A lot of times you’ll see that in the NFL, especially as the season goes on. You get up on a team and you can kind of sense that. We don’t have any of that in this group. We’ve got a bunch of guys with big hearts that don’t have any quit in them.”

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Just Fire Baby Says: Although, the Ravens aren’t necessarily deep at WR, so needing a ton of CB’s may not be a necessity.============================

I’d like to see Bartell play an entire game without getting injured before going light in the CB department.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Plunketthead,reading all those Palmer quotes in one sitting makes it easier to understand those that think he’s an unintelligent, self-serving,stat padding,miserable loser(all quotes). Golden Haired Hero my a$$. Sorry, just can’t help myself. He deserves the ridicule.

• Plunketthead

Will the ravens stack the box as teams have done in the past on us?

Heck no. If anything they will play it safe. Thats why I predict the running game will go off finally. Teams will HAVE to start game planning CP3 instead of DMAC
    Reese and TJ will go off or I will eat a cactus

• stablersbeard

Good morning….
    My biggest hope this weekend is that TJ’s habit of putting the ball on the ground is only a fluke due to the small sample size. I know the guy is scary fast, but it seems like he goes down way too easy. Memory is weird, but it seems like he’s either losing the ball or going to the ground at first contact every time he gets a touch.
    Hoping for a big game from the young man.
    DMac is not the same as he was last year. Seems to be running scared. He does the gopher dive into the ground way too often.
    Almost starting to remind me of Harvey Williams. You know, run into the defense and fall down.

• stablersbeard

And yes… I’m not here much. I only post when it seems like the whackos are sleeping.

• Twinkle

Plunk…….You’ve hit the nail on the head.I believe the
    coaching staff are as clueless as Ratface and his crew
    were when they got off the bus in LA.Only difference being was AL was still alive then.Watching gross clock
    mismanagement doesn’t instill confidence.CP3 was/is a
    godsend (thank you Hue)but these guys think we’ve got
    him forever.He signed with Hue and he’s got these idiots
    instead.The only good thing out of Denver is the freeway!
    Heard all this sh!t before with chucky and gannon and we all know how that worked out.

• Plunketthead

Reality is for jobs and relationships. Football is for fun

Itss a game and I choose to be optimistic about the team/players/coaches each week/year..

I would be miserable and it would take all the fun out of it if I went into every game with the attitude many have.

Raiders 37
    blackbirds 28

• Twinkle

PMan you are an idiot if you can’t see that CP3 is a total gem!Sorry man but I’ve witnessed too many posers
    in the QB position to not know the difference.All Plunk’s
    references are basically CP3 covering the a$$es of the players around him.The coaching staff is clueless.He is
    a master at not pointing a finger.
    Lets run DMac 53 times in a game to see if he is what is
    painfully obvious…breakable!

• stablersbeard

Oh… Messing with the offensive line was a huge mistake this year. Pollack was a big mistake.
    The combination of Knapp and Pollack set this squad back at least a year.
    I don’t mention Knapp because that move was an obvious mistake when it was announced. The guy has no business at all being employed by an NFL franchise. His last stint here should have been enough to exclude him from any future employment.
    It’s obvious the Steve W. left because he absolutely didn’t want to be associated with what has been a complete downgrade of the offensive unit.

• Twinkle

Plunk I love your positivity………Go Raiders!!!!

• Plunketthead

He does the gopher dive into the ground way too often.

Lamont Jordon is the fella that comes to my mind. At least Fargas did it with pride at 30 MPH

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:Testing: cock sucker
    ************************
    Twinkle Says: I believe it flew……….==============

Saw that last night. Kinda surprised me. Wonder if Arkraider did email Becker and ask about the rules and what the response was. I half expected to get banned or a ‘time out’ for giving him Beck’s email address.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

In here, I guess that would be rules of engagement.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Twinkle Says:
    PMan you are an idiot if you can’t see that CP3 is a total gem!=========================================

Didn’t think the sarcasm was that subtle. Maybe for the PM crew, but not the AM crew.

• stablersbeard

People like to blame everything on the ZBS.
    That’s not realistic. ANY legitimate scheme can be successful if it’s coached properly.
    The problem here is that the coaches who are charged with making the scheme successful are not very good.
    It’s not the scheme, it’s Knapp’s inability to design plays that enable the talent to execute.
    Knapp is a sh1tty offensive coordinator.

• Twinkle

Pman….tis also interesting that this site is on googles
    unsafe site list.

• morilla

McNabb never picks the Raiders. He’s picking them this week.

• JLofty

Its all about Reece. They are going to blow him up…