Allen calls McFadden and Seymour questionable for Saints game

Running back Darren McFadden still is in a walking boot 10 days after he suffered a high-ankle sprain. Defensive tackle Richard Seymour still isn’t healthy enough to practice because of lingering knee and hamstring injuries.
Therefore, coach Dennis Allen says, they are questionable for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints. If they aren’t able to practice Thursday and/or Friday, there’s little chance of them playing after missing the past four practices and last Sunday’s game.
“All those guys are getting better,” Allen said, “it’s just a matter of whether they’re going to be better in time for Sunday or not.”

– The Raiders faced the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week last Sunday in the Ravens Jacoby Jones. Next up is a game against the reigning NFC Offensive Player of the Week, Saints tight end Jimmy Graham.
Graham is a matchup nightmate, given he is 6-foot-7 and 265 pounds. Too fast for most linebackers to cover, too physical for most defensive backs to handle.
Ah, but he hasn’t seen Raiders safety Mike Mitchell yet. Mitchell said he has the combination of speed and size to match up well with Graham.
“I haven’t seen anyone get very physical with him yet, as far as DBs,” Mitchell said. “Most guys are too small, and they try to stay away from him. So, he just bodies them. I’m curious to see how he’s going to handle more of a physical, skill-position guy checking him at the line.
“Usually, he’s too fast for linebackers and too big for DBs, but I’ve been able to have success on those guys because I’m a skilled position guy. I like to get my hands on you a little bit and slow you down. So, we’ll see. It’s going to be a tough matchup.”
Graham caught 99 passes for 1,310 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, and that was just in the regular season. Through nine games this season, he has caught 45 passes for 533 yards and seven touchdowns.
“He’s very good,” Mitchell said. “He’s one of Drew Brees’ favorite targets. If he can be eliminated, that takes a lot out of their offense.”
That’s one big “if” and one big assignment.

– Pro Football Focus takes the time to break down games in great detail each week. One thing that jumped out from the Raiders-Ravens game is the stark contrast of the Ravens passing.
According to PFF, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco completed 17 of 20 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns over the middle of the field Sunday. He completed only 4 of 11 for 47 yards on throws to the outside of the field, with one touchdown and one interception.
Cornerback Ron Bartell said there’s a simple explanation.
“Just miscommunication,” Bartell said. “Guys trying to do too much. Instead of doing their job, guys are trying to make up for other things in other areas. Each individual just needs to focus on what their responsibility is. If we do that we’ll be fine. We’ve played good defense this year. We play our best defense when everybody’s being fundamentally sound and not worried about somebody else’s job.”
Fellow starting cornerback Michael Huff agreed with that assessment.
“We knew they had a lot of great tight ends and a lot of good slot receivers,” Huff said. “A lot of it came out of communication, too, the back end and the linebackers, we just didn’t catch some things. It had a little combination to do with all of it.”

– Interesting stat: Saints coach Joe Vitt pointed out to his players that of the past six teams to allow 50 points or more and play at home the next week, five of them rebounded with a victory.
“Joe’s got a stat for everything,” Allen said. “Hopefully, he’s right.”
So, that gives the Raiders an 83.33 percent chance of beating the Saints on Sunday, based on recent history.
Brees isn’t taking the Raiders lightly.
“I know the team that we’re going to face is not the team that gave up 55 points last week or 42 points against Tampa,” Brees said. “Really, I feel like their defense played very well against the Bucs, with the exception of three big runs. If you take away just three big plays that resulted in 21 points, I felt like their defense played very, very well.
“So, that’s this game, though. It’s a play here, it’s a play there, it’s a big play here, a big play there that can typically affect the outcome of a game. This defense has a lot of very talented players on it. They have played very, very well at times. I know that, for us, we’re going to have to play our best game and worry about our execution, and that’s what we’re focused on.”

– Tight end Brandon Myers passed all the league-mandated tests for players that suffer a concussion, which means he is cleared to practice at full-speed and play in a game.
Free safety Matt Giordano also suffered a concussion against the Ravens last Sunday, but he still hasn’t passed the tests. Hence, Myers was at practice today, Giordano sat out.
Allen said there’s a plan in place if Giordano isn’t able to play Sunday. That might mean moving Huff back to free safety or, perhaps, giving Mike Mitchell a rare start.

– Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey tweaked his right hamstring in practice today. He was limited as a result.

– Phillip Adams has muffed two punts this season. To that end, Allen said he had a little chat with Adams after his latest gaffe, against the Ravens.
“We’ve addressed the situation with Phillip, and he understands that he’s got to protect the football,” Allen said. “We’ll continue to monitor that as we go along, but he’s got to protect the football better.”
If Allen opts to make a change, wide receiver Denarius Moore is next in line.

– Allen addressed the rationale behind placing cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot) on season-ending injured-reserve Saturday.
“(His recovery) just wasn’t as fast as neither he nor us as an organization wanted, and we were in a situation from an injury standpoint where we had to get roster spots to get guys on to the active roster,” Allen said. “So, it was not an easy decision, but sometimes you’ve got to make those decisions as you get into the season and you need roster spots.”
The Raiders needed two roster spots to accommodate the return of Bartell from injured reserve and the signing of running back Jeremy Stewart from the practice squad.

– Taiwan Jones touched the ball only two times against the Ravens, even though Stewart received seven carries in the same game 24 hours after emerging from the practice squad.
Allen said Jones still has some things to work through before he can be relied upon with a sizable workload.
“He’s got to prove to us that he can stay healthy, that he’s got to know what to do on every single play and he’s got to protect the football,” Allen said. “We’re giving him those opportunities in practice, and as he shows us he’s going to be able to do that, he’ll see more time.”
Allen said Jones is making progress in that regard.
“Actually, there was improvement last week,” Allen said, “so hopefully there’s continued improvement this week.”
Allen said Jones has not voiced any displeasure to him over his lack of playing time at running back.

Steve Corkran

• bcz24

That’s football.
    You can say that about most games in the league. A play here or there and it’s a different outcome.
    Tenn was 1 yard away in the SB, and they got there with a Miracle (STs play and a bad call by the refs).
    NE and Giants SB: what happens if Welker makes that catch
    **************
    Oh ok… you guys can keep propping up the what if we made 1 play in buffalo or 1 play against detroit, but if I show you the what if we DONT make 1 play in 7 of our 8 wins and suddenly that what if isn’t valid to the conversation? Come on man.

• The Big Banana

We were lucky to win the games we won.

—–

Come on, man. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

e’

Raising taxes on the rich, who usually pay a lower rate than everyone else because of the loopholes available to them, is not about redistribution of wealth but about creating a level economic playing field for all Americans.
    ———————————-
    Hope and change. Oh ya, baby.

• DMAC

Buenos dias compadres!

Nice win for the Dubs last night. Rookie Harrison Barnes was balling.
    The Dubs are 4-4 w/ their talented back court shooting horrible to start the season.

Curry = 37% from the field
    Thompson = 35% from the field

This means we’ve been playing a little D, finally. Thats a good sign. Watch out when our shooters get on a roll.

Dubs 4 life!

• VanHeathen30

recipe for success ala mark davis…
    Make sure everyone you hire, up and down the MGMT/Coaching chart is BRAND SPANKNG NEW at their jobs…nothing like paying someone to “learn on the job” while another year of our lives goes by, and another season becomes an excercise in futility.

• bcz24

548.VanHeathen30 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:27 am
    BCZ: every guy he’s dopped in seasonhas gotten claimed…the guys he’s bringing in are stinking it up.
    Adams, Smith, Ross wo hasn’t evenplye.
    While Pat Lee i going t play for Det., Soto will play.
    regardless, just swapping players makes no sense when you keep saying how hard it is for them to learn the playbook…keep propping up your guy, and i’ll keep hoping i’m wrong…
    **********************
    No no no… I didn’t ask if they got picked up, I asked who we cut that is being PRODUCTIVE somewhere else.

• DMAC

Oh Yeah
    Bienos dias/tardes Fiesta Verde!

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

The Big Banana Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:29 am

We were lucky to win the games we won.

—–

Come on, man. A win is a win and a loss is a loss.
    —————————————–
    For those with blinders.
    To everyone else our two wins against the two worst teams in the NFL means we still suck, and should be in last place.
    Or we can look at it your way.
    OH GOODY. WE’RE ON OUR WAY. WATCH OUT FOR THE RAIDERS, CUZ WE SOME BAD MOFO’S.

• Marks hair

Id just call for a coaches only meeting and then gas the room.. this team needs a final solution.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:29 am

e’

———————————-
    Hope and change. Oh ya, baby.
    ————————
    Don’t you have anything else better to do than impersonate me all day & night? Smh, Geez.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

No matter how you look at it Cable had a top 5 rushing team now we are dead last.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Bcz24 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:27 am
    That’s football.
    NE and Giants SB: what happens if Welker makes that catch
    **************
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

WTF? That’s your argument! You are starting to sound like my wife.
    We were 8-8 the last 2 seasons, but you are the one arguing that we overachieved, and trying to dismiss our record.

• DMAC

Pat Lee = def. a head scrather

Lee>Ross
    Lee>Francis
    Lee>Adams

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

DMAC Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Oh Yeah
    Bienos dias/tardes Fiesta Verde!
    ============================
    Who cares about the Green Lantern?
    Grow up, you dweeb.

• The Big Banana

Lol at lucky wins. No such thing in the NFL. If you win, even if it’s on a ‘lucky’ play or bad call, you still put yourself in position to win against an NFL team. I’ve never seen 60 minutes of pure luck.

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Becker? This is my ip. Get rid of that other tool.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Buenos dias Mr. Prez.

• VanHeathen30

Ok BCZ: Gotchya…who has Reggie picked up, in season that has been productive? Adams? he’s played, bt outside of 1 return over 10 yards, he’s made more mistakes than prodction…he keeps saying we need continuity, then he swaps out a guy who’s been here through camp with a guy off the scrap heap, who has to start from scratch…next man up doesn’t work when the ‘nextman’ is brand new to the team…

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Becker? This is my ip. Get rid of that other tool.
    ——————–
    That’s got to damage your self-esteem, always trying to be me. Don’t you ever get embarrassed?

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

I feel good.
    Wife is at work, where she should be.
    I’m sitting in front of my puter, just waiting for an email from an interested buyer of a house.
    Still waiting….and waiting….

Oh wait. I think I’m supposed to actually get listings, then I get inquiries?

Darn. No wonder I’ve had no leads in 3 1/2 yrs.

I think I missed that memo.

• RAIDERMAN99

RAIDERMAN99 well thought out post and I agree with a lot of what you are saying…..this is that part that hurts the most:

“But we better stick with this douche bcz if we kick his azz out the door – other coaches won’t want to come here.”

That is hard to swallow but its the truth if we fire DA we look dysfunctional and unstable its ugly we are screwed.
    =============================================
    No, it is NOT the truth. We are NOT screwed. We are in a tough spot, but we CAN do better.

What IS dysfunctional is accepting mediocrity (or worse).

What IS dysfunctional is refusing to make a move bcz you accept that we can’t do better or that no one wants to come here.

That’s simply NOT true.

That’s a dysfunctional ‘can’t do’ attitude that dooms this team to perpetual failure.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TBB,

Exactly! “You are what your record says you are”

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Any of you try and scratch that spot on your ass, that you can’t reach?
    I feel like Grizzly Adams bear when I’m rubbing up against the tree in the backyard, trying to reach that spot.

I miss having the wife around, just for these moments.

• Marks hair

I like it better when nobody answers and he tells us to fùck ourselves.. its like a tradition..

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Oh man, I have to ask this.
    I’m 60 now, and for some odd reason, my nutsack, which was usually quite small, now has dropped, and swings like that little squirrel viral from years ago. If I turn the corner too quick, my balls slap off the cats head, making her swat at me, which honestly, solicits moves from me that I didn’t think I still had.

When you got it, you got it.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:36 am

Oh wait. I think I’m supposed to actually get listings, then I get inquiries?

Darn. No wonder I’ve had no leads in 3 1/2 yrs.

I think I missed that memo.
    ——————————
    Why don’t YOU go out and get leads, since you know so much about RE, and want to be me?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Marks Hair Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:38 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Because you like abuse you sick SOB. lol

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Marks Hair? Go fck yourself.
    There now.
    The universe is aligned.

• bcz24

Fvck it. Fire em all. Fire every coach that doesn’t go undefeated. Fire every GM that doesn’t play Al’s kick the cap can down the road game. Hell you ain’t trying if you aint 40 million over the cap at the end of the season…

Make sure to #BlamePalmer everytime too…

• MiamiRaider78

@ 547

Thanks John Walfish from RantSports

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:39 am

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:36 am

Oh wait. I think I’m supposed to actually get listings, then I get inquiries?

Darn. No wonder I’ve had no leads in 3 1/2 yrs.

I think I missed that memo.
    ——————————
    ====================
    Oh doogie, I’m talking to myself?
    I read somewhere this is a sign.

Ok, Michael. I’m going to go out and get some leads. Like I do everyday. Every single day I do this, and can proudly tell my wife I spent my day trying to get leads.

Wait for it…..

YO MAILMAN? YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SELL THEIR HOUSE? No? You have my food stamps?
    Yo, compadre’…orale’.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:40 am

Marks Hair? Go fck yourself.
    There now.
    The universe is aligned.
    —————————
    Not until you’re dead.

• The Big Banana

Lol. This place is funny. Makes me question my sanity for being here.

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Anyone grow up wanting to be a chauffeur?
    I always did.
    Had this fantasy about me up front, driving some dreary cantankerous old broad around.
    Wait.
    That sounds familiar?

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

At what point does Reggie step in and do something?

What will it take to see action from the GM another 2 weeks of people putting up 50 points on us?

• Marks hair

Its not the same when you do it.. its the morning address from the prez to the green party.. and its great when we’re all too high & lazy to answer him.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Big Banana Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Lol. This place is funny. Makes me question my sanity for being here.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sane people like to be entertained, and that’s why they go to the zoo or the circus.
    ” are you not entertained?!”

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I’ve heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…….I guess so.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Magic Johnson: love Dr. Buss, but I don’t believe in Jim Buss.

• DMAC

This new cyber Kell clone sucks!
    Free Krappy!!!!!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

People imitate G Bush too. I wonder why?

• The Big Banana

Raider O Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:47 am
    The Big Banana Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Lol. This place is funny. Makes me question my sanity for being here.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

” are you not entertained?!”

——

Lol! Yes, I am entertained.

• Marks hair

Dantoni is only a bad choice compared to phil.. and if we hired phil it would take a yr to learn the triangle.. im willing to give mike d a chance.. should be fun to watch.

• RAIDERMAN99

Regardless of what you think about KK, like him or not, this ‘hijacking’ of IDs is complete BS and it’s absurd that Becker or whoever runs this joint is unable to stop it.

This blog is run just like Tits coaches the Raids.

Very poorly.

• DMAC

Dantoni = Nelly

Fun to watch dem’ run, but won’t win you any championships.

• Raider4Life209

Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:32 am

===================
    Truth!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raider O Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:52 am

People imitate G Bush too. I wonder why?
    ———————–
    Good, it will give you something to do.

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:50 am
    Magic Johnson: love Dr. Buss, but I don’t believe in Jim Buss.

Me neither!

• Marks hair

Works cancled.. time for some black opps 2..

• hwnrdr

LOL, but Nelly had you guys believing…