Allen calls McFadden and Seymour questionable for Saints game

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 at 4:24 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Running back Darren McFadden still is in a walking boot 10 days after he suffered a high-ankle sprain. Defensive tackle Richard Seymour still isn’t healthy enough to practice because of lingering knee and hamstring injuries.
Therefore, coach Dennis Allen says, they are questionable for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints. If they aren’t able to practice Thursday and/or Friday, there’s little chance of them playing after missing the past four practices and last Sunday’s game.
“All those guys are getting better,” Allen said, “it’s just a matter of whether they’re going to be better in time for Sunday or not.”

– The Raiders faced the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week last Sunday in the Ravens Jacoby Jones. Next up is a game against the reigning NFC Offensive Player of the Week, Saints tight end Jimmy Graham.
Graham is a matchup nightmate, given he is 6-foot-7 and 265 pounds. Too fast for most linebackers to cover, too physical for most defensive backs to handle.
Ah, but he hasn’t seen Raiders safety Mike Mitchell yet. Mitchell said he has the combination of speed and size to match up well with Graham.
“I haven’t seen anyone get very physical with him yet, as far as DBs,” Mitchell said. “Most guys are too small, and they try to stay away from him. So, he just bodies them. I’m curious to see how he’s going to handle more of a physical, skill-position guy checking him at the line.
“Usually, he’s too fast for linebackers and too big for DBs, but I’ve been able to have success on those guys because I’m a skilled position guy. I like to get my hands on you a little bit and slow you down. So, we’ll see. It’s going to be a tough matchup.”
Graham caught 99 passes for 1,310 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, and that was just in the regular season. Through nine games this season, he has caught 45 passes for 533 yards and seven touchdowns.
“He’s very good,” Mitchell said. “He’s one of Drew Brees’ favorite targets. If he can be eliminated, that takes a lot out of their offense.”
That’s one big “if” and one big assignment.

– Pro Football Focus takes the time to break down games in great detail each week. One thing that jumped out from the Raiders-Ravens game is the stark contrast of the Ravens passing.
According to PFF, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco completed 17 of 20 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns over the middle of the field Sunday. He completed only 4 of 11 for 47 yards on throws to the outside of the field, with one touchdown and one interception.
Cornerback Ron Bartell said there’s a simple explanation.
“Just miscommunication,” Bartell said. “Guys trying to do too much. Instead of doing their job, guys are trying to make up for other things in other areas. Each individual just needs to focus on what their responsibility is. If we do that we’ll be fine. We’ve played good defense this year. We play our best defense when everybody’s being fundamentally sound and not worried about somebody else’s job.”
Fellow starting cornerback Michael Huff agreed with that assessment.
“We knew they had a lot of great tight ends and a lot of good slot receivers,” Huff said. “A lot of it came out of communication, too, the back end and the linebackers, we just didn’t catch some things. It had a little combination to do with all of it.”

– Interesting stat: Saints coach Joe Vitt pointed out to his players that of the past six teams to allow 50 points or more and play at home the next week, five of them rebounded with a victory.
“Joe’s got a stat for everything,” Allen said. “Hopefully, he’s right.”
So, that gives the Raiders an 83.33 percent chance of beating the Saints on Sunday, based on recent history.
Brees isn’t taking the Raiders lightly.
“I know the team that we’re going to face is not the team that gave up 55 points last week or 42 points against Tampa,” Brees said. “Really, I feel like their defense played very well against the Bucs, with the exception of three big runs. If you take away just three big plays that resulted in 21 points, I felt like their defense played very, very well.
“So, that’s this game, though. It’s a play here, it’s a play there, it’s a big play here, a big play there that can typically affect the outcome of a game. This defense has a lot of very talented players on it. They have played very, very well at times. I know that, for us, we’re going to have to play our best game and worry about our execution, and that’s what we’re focused on.”

– Tight end Brandon Myers passed all the league-mandated tests for players that suffer a concussion, which means he is cleared to practice at full-speed and play in a game.
Free safety Matt Giordano also suffered a concussion against the Ravens last Sunday, but he still hasn’t passed the tests. Hence, Myers was at practice today, Giordano sat out.
Allen said there’s a plan in place if Giordano isn’t able to play Sunday. That might mean moving Huff back to free safety or, perhaps, giving Mike Mitchell a rare start.

– Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey tweaked his right hamstring in practice today. He was limited as a result.

– Phillip Adams has muffed two punts this season. To that end, Allen said he had a little chat with Adams after his latest gaffe, against the Ravens.
“We’ve addressed the situation with Phillip, and he understands that he’s got to protect the football,” Allen said. “We’ll continue to monitor that as we go along, but he’s got to protect the football better.”
If Allen opts to make a change, wide receiver Denarius Moore is next in line.

– Allen addressed the rationale behind placing cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot) on season-ending injured-reserve Saturday.
“(His recovery) just wasn’t as fast as neither he nor us as an organization wanted, and we were in a situation from an injury standpoint where we had to get roster spots to get guys on to the active roster,” Allen said. “So, it was not an easy decision, but sometimes you’ve got to make those decisions as you get into the season and you need roster spots.”
The Raiders needed two roster spots to accommodate the return of Bartell from injured reserve and the signing of running back Jeremy Stewart from the practice squad.

– Taiwan Jones touched the ball only two times against the Ravens, even though Stewart received seven carries in the same game 24 hours after emerging from the practice squad.
Allen said Jones still has some things to work through before he can be relied upon with a sizable workload.
“He’s got to prove to us that he can stay healthy, that he’s got to know what to do on every single play and he’s got to protect the football,” Allen said. “We’re giving him those opportunities in practice, and as he shows us he’s going to be able to do that, he’ll see more time.”
Allen said Jones is making progress in that regard.
“Actually, there was improvement last week,” Allen said, “so hopefully there’s continued improvement this week.”
Allen said Jones has not voiced any displeasure to him over his lack of playing time at running back.

Marks hair Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:55 am

Works cancled.. time for some black opps 2..
    ======

Lucky fker
    Burn 1 on behalf of da green party crew

hwnrdr Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:55 am

LOL, but Nelly had you guys believing…
    =======

I luved Nelly
    At least they were fun to watch
    Knocking the Mavs out the 1st round was priceless

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

RAIDERMAN99 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:54 am
    Regardless of what you think about KK, like him or not, this ‘hijacking’ of IDs is complete BS and it’s absurd that Becker or whoever runs this joint is unable to stop it.

This blog is run just like Tits coaches the Raids.

Very poorly.
    ——-
    They used to ban people for ‘hijacking’ IDs. For some reason that stopped.

• Marks hair

Dantoni cant mess up the lakers d.. kobe said phil only ran like 3 defensive drills the entire time he was here.. its about the players on d..

• DMAC

That drunk fker Nelly tells it like it is.
    There’s no BS w/ him.
    Thats why I respect him as a coach.

• hwnrdr

DMAC Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:57 am
    hwnrdr Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:55 am

LOL, but Nelly had you guys believing…
    =======

I luved Nelly
    At least they were fun to watch
    Knocking the Mavs out the 1st round was priceless

That is true!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:54 am
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:32 am

No matter how you look at it Cable had a top 5 rushing team now we are dead last.
    ===================
    Truth!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don’t forget that be did that with ZBS.

• Marks hair

Oh.. i smoke 2 joints in the mornin mr. prez

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:42 am
    KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:39 am

KoolKell Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:36 am

Oh wait. I think I’m supposed to actually get listings, then I get inquiries?

Darn. No wonder I’ve had no leads in 3 1/2 yrs.

I think I missed that memo.
    ——————————
    Why don’t YOU go out and get leads, since you know so much about RE, and want to be me?
    ====================
    Oh doogie, I’m talking to myself?
    I read somewhere this is a sign.

Ok, Michael. I’m going to go out and get some leads. Like I do everyday. Every single day I do this, and can proudly tell my wife I spent my day trying to get leads.

Wait for it…..

YO MAILMAN? YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SELL THEIR HOUSE? No? You have my food stamps?
    Yo, compadre’…orale’.
    ——-
    After examining this syntax, it seems pretty clear that the impostor is none other than the individual who also responsible for the blog personality Beeech Dawg.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Marks Hair Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 9:58 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$

It takes an idiot to mess up the All Star fakers, and that’s why Brown was fired.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I don’t like it when others hijack Kell’s handle. I like to know when Kell is being ridiculous on his own.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Why am I talking about the Fakers?
    I never thought things will get this bad that I rather talk Fakers over Raiders.

Fix this crap Reggie.
    Fire Knapp, Hoffman, OL coach, and Tarver.

• fingers

McFadden and Seymour….. If McFaddens still in a walking boot I don’t know why Allen just doesn’t say ” he’s out… And Seymour… Samething.. It’s Thursday… Just Fk’n say … He’s out… Haven’t been real thrilled with Seymour’s play anyway..

• DMAC

Last year we had a total of 39 sacks.
    This season thus far, we have 11.
    Someone please explain this to me. We have damn near the same players on the Dline as last year.
    WTF??
    Miss you Wauffle!!!!!!

• MiamiRaider78

Do any of YOU PEOPLE, smoke before work?

Not sure I could handle that. lol

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

DMAC Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:06 am
    Last year we had a total of 39 sacks.
    This season thus far, we have 11.
    WTF??
    Miss you Wauffle!!!!!!
    ——
    Curry injury, Seymour sucks more now, and loss of Wimbley.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:03 am

————————
    Oh thank you so much. Lol.

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am

Do any of YOU PEOPLE, smoke before work?

Not sure I could handle that. lol
    =========

Can’t do it and won’t do it.
    Party hard and work hard.
    I wait to I TD at the crib.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

JONGRUDEN2013 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 7:57 am

Ya Brien was pretty disappointed that prop was shot down,..the truth is the east bay, fans and politicians, are going to lose the Raiders,..heck all three teams, real soon,..and they have only themselves to blame,..
    ===========================================

This is really one of the stupidest posts in years. lst off the Warriors have sold out constantly despite posting what 2 playoff seasons in 19 years? At the end of the baseball season despite ownership constantly telling them to stay away, A;s fans showed up in droves and carried the team. Or maybe you believe it was Josh Donaldson carrying the team. A’s fan was the talk of major league baseball. Then we have the Raiders. Fans here WANT to support the Raiders. The Raiders have to put a watchable product on the field first.

• DMAC

I need to break down some footage to the Raiders of the A’s.
    Show this underachieving punks how a team is played together puzzies.

• MiamiRaider78

I’ve heard of people smoking before work or school. Not sure i’d be able to function properly under the the green cloud.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am
    Do any of YOU PEOPLE, smoke before work?

Not sure I could handle that. lol
    $$$$$$$$$$

I used to when I was younger and worked in sales.

• DMAC

2 many trolls are on board now 2 smoke and blog.
    THat would fk up my high!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:11 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go to school high
    Study high
    And get high grades!

• DMAC

Our Dline is getting long in the tooth. Time to blow this schit up and keep Houston and Bryant in the middle. Shonasty doesn’t seem to be the same after his injury.
    Build around these guys.

• bcz24

I never blaze before work. Never have, although when I was 18 and working at a pizza shop I did burn down closing on Saturday nights. I would fall asleep at my desk staring out my window if I blazed before work now. LOL

• fingers

615..yep….

Raider O Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:13 am

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:11 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go to school high
    Study high
    And get high grades!
    ==========
    lol
    “Imma take u off my buddy list b!tch!”
    lol

• fingers

I don’t always smoke before I work… But seeing most of my works done at home it’s really doesn’t get in the way..

• RAIDERMAN99

Some comments in here earlier about the pointspread for this week’s game.

Most seem to think the Saints should be favored by more than 5.5.

If enough people agree, then there will be enough money bet on the game to move the line higher.

That might happen, and Saints’ backers might win.

But there’s a reason the Saints aren’t favored by more.

Sure, the Raids appear to be in total disarray and heading in the wrong direction.

Sure, the Saints have Vilma back and just beat the Falcons.

But this is still a Saint team that’s only one game better than the Raids are record wise and they’re on the road.

This is a Saint team whose defense has been just as bad as the Raid’s and whose offense is not nearly the force it once was.

I know the Raids aren’t a good team. In fact, they suck. 6 wins will be an accomplishment.

Still, I expect a tough contest Sunday as long as the team hasn’t completely quit on Tits.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Raids win this one.

• fingers

I don’t even know what to expect this Sunday outta the Raiders…. …it’s safest to keep my expectations low at this point…

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Raids win this one.”

I am taking the over in this one right now its 54.5

• dr_robert

no beeech. no missdick. no sullivan. aaahhhhhhhhhh.

Yo Doc
    Don’t wake them outta their caves

• MiamiRaider78

STOP BOMBING THE PALESTINIANS!

• hwnrdr

Cory Nelms, CB with (or should I say “was”) with the Niners have been signed to the practice squad!

• dr_robert

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am
    DMAC Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:06 am
    Last year we had a total of 39 sacks.
    This season thus far, we have 11.
    WTF??
    Miss you Wauffle!!!!!!
    ——
    Curry injury, Seymour sucks more now, and loss of Wimbley.

***************
    wimbley is no loss.

Without searching the web

Who was the last Raider to record a sack this season?
    Quick responses….

• hwnrdr

DMAC Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:24 am
    Without searching the web

Who was the last Raider to record a sack this season?
    Quick responses….

Gawd that was so long ago…Seymour?

• hwnrdr

TB game????

• dr_robert

carter?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Carter had a 1/2 sack with ShoNasty, maybe?

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“no beeech. no missdick. no sullivan. aaahhhhhhhhhh.”

LMAO watch them pop in now LOL

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Dr_robert Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:21 am
    no beeech. no missdick. no sullivan. aaahhhhhhhhhh.
    ——
    Are you sure about that?

• dr_robert

u know they’re here. just hilariously pathetic that some idiot thinks his “personalities” are so important to him.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Chaotic View
    Roster Update : Raiders signed DB Cory Nelms to their practice squad. Nelms spent time in the 49ers camp.

• dr_robert

but at least those versions of whatever poster they belong to, aren’t polluting the blog. that’s nice in and of itself.

LMAO

Someone look it up. I don’t know myself.
    Who and what game?
    I say Burris and I don’t know what game.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Rob, I’m pretty sure Beeech was the one who hijacked Kell’s handle earlier.

• jesusraiderjim

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am
    Do any of YOU PEOPLE, smoke before work?

Not sure I could handle that. lol
    ————————————————

Smokers smoke, period.

Wake and bake, during lunch after work relaxing in the evening, before bed.
    Come on man! I love virgins!