Raiders lose one linebacker, add another

The Raiders on Wednesday placed linebacker Travis Goethel on season-ending injured reserve as a result of the left knee injury he suffered against the Baltimore Ravens.
They signed veteran linebacker Omar Gaither to take Goethel’s place on the 53-man roster. Gaither will wear No. 53.
Gaither started 40 games for the Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers.
Gaither was one of four players worked out by the Raiders on Tuesday, the regular players’ off day: linebackers Quan Sturdivant, Scott McKillop and Gaither and safety Tyrone Culver.
Gaither, 28, is 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds. He is expected to play on special teams and backup linebacker, along with Aaron Curry and Keenan Clayton. He has experience as a middle linebacker.

Steve Corkran

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

There is no irony, Purvisman.
    I admit I’m a rolypoly. Others just say they’re a few pounds over. I wish I was, but can’t deny the fact I haven’t seen my feet in years. Sitting around all day will do that to you.

• DMAC

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:27 am

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:37 am

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:36 am

DMac on a roll!!!
    ======

You should try it sometimes
    lol
    Just think of some schit off the top of you head
    =============================================
    That’s what you came up with, off the top of your head? Small thoughts for small minds.
    Maybe you should actually do something with your day instead of sitting around, hoping to be the first post on a sorry blog.
    ========

Is this the real Kell?

• MiamiRaider78

I know Kell, I have no problems with you. I’m pretty sure I know who it is.

Just odd that any man would worry about how another man looks. lol

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:39 am

KoolKell Says: Al was old as the hills. Senile. Totally lost it. A babbling fool.======================

Take it from one who knows.
    ===========================
    You don’t become a first rate blog personality inless you are totally on your game.
    Something you wouldn’t know.

• oklahomaRaider18

Sign Ray Edwards!!!

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Yes, those are my comments.
    Ironic that as soon as I start posting, one of you change your name to tell Miami that’s not me.
    Trolls, who have no life. Fck them.

• Marks hair

At least hes not from the gb practice squad

• DMAC

Bring back Stryker Sulack!!
    At least we’ll sound tough.

• fangsraiders

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:21 am
    fangsraiders Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:02 am

13-0 >>> 3-13 what ever their record was ======== A. LUCK A REAL WHITE QB WILL OWN THE MOST IMPORTANT OF THOSE RECORDS THE BABOON WAS LUCKY TO SET……CAM IS A LOSER
    ========

see blatant racism on this board.

You call me racist but i have never said anything close to this kind of trash.

i bet this is probably one of you hiding behind a fake handle

proof that cork and mac are full of shid, saying he “doesnt see it’ on this board, but he admits to reading the board.

this is the reason why I love malcolm and ther messenger, and nat turner and huey p and marcus garvey

we must defend ourselves from you. funny you call us baboons but when you shave an ape his skin is white.

savage hate is a neanderthal trait

is this what is meant whe they say “ill be a monkeys uncle”

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=120&num=10&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=885&tbm=isch&tbnid=HC7ogiS1oUZwXM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8448660.stm&docid=L-ZnALNZUCuqlM&imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47069000/jpg/_47069672_000756621-1.jpg&w=226&h=250&ei=ruCjUKONKsG0igK9jIHICA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=360&vpy=461&dur=56&hovh=200&hovw=180&tx=122&ty=77&sig=102072398314617654220&page=4&tbnh=139&tbnw=129&ndsp=43&ved=1t:429,r:37,s:100,i:115 ========================================= LOOKS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN CAM NEWTDUMB AND PROBABLY WAS!!!!!!!!!!

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Duds

Mike Brisiel – RG. It has been said that now Al Davis is gone there are no more scholarships in Oakland. If so, why is Mike Brisiel getting snaps? He struggles to run block, gives up constant pressure (as he did in this game), and was called for at least four penalties. One was a false on first and goal from the Ravens five yard line, and there is no excuse for a pre-snap penalties down there. Another was a hold that negated a five yard run on first down. He also sacked his own quarterback by stepping on him straight off the snap. Give me Tony Bergstrom or Lucas Nix, how much worse could those promising rookies be?

Willie Smith – RT. I’m tired of saying it, I really, really am. Next home game I’m going down to fetch John Vella and suit him up. He is only 62. Smith has given up more pressures than that this year.

/articleimages/giordano-allen.jpgMatt Giordano – FS. I have always liked Giordano’s effort level, but he remains a liability in pass coverage. On the first touchdown pass to Torrey Smith, he bit on an underneath route when he had responsibility deep, and Smith went uncovered for the score. It may have looked like Tyvon Branch was responsible, but it wasn’t his man, and had come across from the other side of the field. There were more, but this play is symptomatic of Giordano’s shortcomings. He is a backup player being asked to start, and he just can’t get it done.

Tommy Kelly – DT. Two assisted tackles, no pressure, and nothing else to add. Right now, Kelly is a liability to this team, and his level of play has just fallen off a cliff this year.

Philip Wheeler – LB. The defensive MVP for the Raiders in the first half of the season was dreadful in this game. He has looked great in coverage all year, but was torn to pieces by the Ravens, allowing eight receptions on eight targets for 88 yards. An all round bad day for Wheeler, who did little of note.

The entire Coaching Staff – Ten penalties for 105 yards, the quarterback and center unable to make a clean exchange on key plays, giving up two touchdowns on special teams (and a muffed punt which was lost). Everything that could have gone wrong did, and this team struggled to play base level football. Apart from some success in the run defense, this team was just shocking.

Joe Flacco read the defense like a book on passing downs, and any blitzing resulted in him completing a pass directly to the area that had just been vacated by the blitzer/blitzers.

Special teams gave up a touchdown on a kick off return, a touchdown to a fake field goal, and muffed a punt that lost possession deep in Raider territory. It was a return to the comedy of errors that we saw earlier in the season.

Ultimately Dennis Allen is responsible for it all, as the staff were his choices. I’m not calling for Dennis Allen’s head right now, but some changes need to be made and people held accountable.

Baltimore Ravens – Only an entirely classless organisation runs a fake field goal when they are 24 points up deep in the second half. They may have won, but there is an unwritten rule in the NFL that you don’t run up the score to embarrass teams you have already beaten. No class in the way they did that, and the Raiders won’t forget it.

The Ravens may have won this game by some way in the end, but Oakland made it easy for them with some bad play and awful coaching. When Dennis Allen said that the performance was unacceptable, he was right. The team can’t continue like this, and a way has to be found to improve things.

Over to you Dennis…

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:38 am

You do see the irony, don’t you,KK?
    —————————-
    Go get a job you little gossipy btch. It’s probably you posting as me. Since we already see you are a cross-posting btch.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

JOE ASKA WHERE ARE YOU ?

• Marks hair

Saints 97- Raiders 27 carson has another good game.. great trade hue

• fangsraiders

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Bring back Stryker Sulack!!
    At least we’ll sound tough. ====== OR SAM SWORD…CAN GERALD IRONS STILL PLAY?

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

I’ve been following football for over 50 years, and this is by far the most embarrassed I am to wear anything Raider. People snicker at you at checkout lines. Almost with pity. I’m tired of this BS.
    We need a new owner, a new gm, a new HC, and a new water boy. In that order. Don’t expect a single $ from me until it happens.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Llama man,

I was talking about burgers this morning too. I think I need to eat burgerS for lunch.
    In n Out
    Or
    Beef n Bun

• MiamiRaider78

Was Aska Bo Jackson with one eye?

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:47 am

Llama man,

In n Out
    Or
    Beef n Bun
    =========

Nations

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

And I don’t want to hear I don’t have a job. Go look me up on Kane and Assoc. Says right there I’m a realtor. You pootbutts have nothing to point to except your welfare check.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:46 am

I’ve been following football for over 50 years,
    ——————-
    48 yrs dumbass. Lol.

• MiamiRaider78

Marks hair Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:46 am
    Saints 97- Raiders 27 carson has another good game.. great trade hue

lmao

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

You can tell the real Krappy from the “fake” Krappy.

Real Krappy comes in with massive cut and paste blocks of text pertaining to politics or some stat driven nonsense, or throws out the one maybe two lines of insult. Pretty basic formula.

We are on to you “fake” Krappy. :(

• mcfadden20.

John David Booty Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:32 am

Mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:27 am
    Watching highlights of possible future Raider Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M
    ————————————-
    I thought you were talking about the LB Porter. A&M has a few guys that I think can play on Sunday.

=-==

Oh i didn’t realize they got more guys who are projected to go in 1st round , i was just going off of walter football mock draft, they have us taking Damontre Moore if we end up with the 5th pick

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:37 am

So, what are you doing with your day, KK?
    =========================================
    Blog, inform most of you illiterats on the finer points of football, nap, eat, blog, nap, eat, blog, make dinner, blog, snack, nap, block, nod out.

Eat your hearts out, ladies.

• mcfadden20.

I’m convinced , I won’t mind Raiders taking Damontre Moore, relentless motor, great pass rushing skills, good against run too

• Al_is_theraiders

you mean great coaching da?

• DMAC

Whats a Drexl? Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:50 am

You can tell the real Krappy from the “fake” Krappy.

We are on to you “fake” Krappy.
    =====

Yeah, He should at least used a few “poobutts” and “dumbass” in there every now and then.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

DROP 1 END OF THE FIELD DOWN A FEW DEGREES,I COULD RUN THE BALL EVERY OTHER QTR..

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Yeah, eat you heart out troll. Lol. I know you are.

• mcfadden20.

About to watch highlights of Bjoern Werner DE Florida State

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

We don’t have nations.

• oklahomaRaider18

Joe Aska lives in Norman Oklahoma

• nycraider

wonder why we didnt keep lee cut adams and have dmoore return punts

• MiamiRaider78

I’d take a shot on Ray Ray Armstrong. Ex Hurricane safety and considered one of the best in the nation before the whole scandal etc.

6’4 225

Go Canes! =/

• Marks hair

Dont watch highlights watch games.. picking players from highlights is like chosing free agents based on madden stats..

• nycraider

giordano is challenging vince carter for most # of fake injuries during a game

• mcfadden20.

Bjoern Werner : Good Passing rushing skills, and play recognition, but not as good against the run and gives up on some plays

• mcfadden20.

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

6′4 225

Go Canes! =/

—–

DAMn 6’4 height for a safety

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:53 am

Yeah, eat you heart out troll. Lol. I know you are.
    =======================
    Krappy’s new word for 2012 “troll”.

• MiamiRaider78

Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami

Armstrong is one of the biggest safeties in the business, blessed with incredible size at 6’4” and 215 pounds. Not surprisingly, he is a huge hitter and he strikes fear into any receiver venturing to come across the middle. Armstrong has great speed for his size, generally running around a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash and he has been clocked as fast as 4.44 from that distance. The junior is solid against the run when Miami stacks the line of scrimmage and is decent in pass coverage, although he will want to improve in that area as he heads to the next level.
    Armstrong comes with a minor red flag, in that he had been suspended from the team earlier this year due to a questionable relationship with the owner of a PR firm (possible violation of NCAA rules). The Sanford, FL native has since been reinstated, but he has played in just six games with one start in 2011, so his stats are irrelevant. As a freshman in 2009, though, he played in 10 games and last season he had 79 tackles and three interceptions. Thanks to his NFL-esque frame and great potential,

Armstrong could be an early third-round selection if he bolts for the 2012 draft.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

KoolKell Says: That’s one of my groupies posting as me, Miamiaider.

I knew that when I posted this, but I had to post it anyway.

Take it from one who knows.

• nycraider

—————
    doubt reggie will take him due to his personal issues. unless someday GB drafts him and puts him on their practice squad.

• RaiderReggie

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:46 am
    ——————————————————
    KoolKell, I was at that game in Baltimore and it was down right embarrasing. There were between 6000 to 7000 Raider fans at that game and it seems like all of the Baltimore fans were laughing at us all day. I was a Raider fan since 1969 and this was really ugly.

• DKnight007

And that should be the end of Goethels injury plaqued career with the Raiders.

McK should try and trade RoMac to some team for a 3rd or 4th rounder beofre the draft.

Also, he should see what he can get for DMC. If he can get a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft and then a 2nd in next years draft, he should really look into dealing DMC. If he can get a late 1st and 3rd for DMC in this years draft, that would be ideal.

Seymour will probably retire and Kelly will probably be cut.