Raiders lose one linebacker, add another

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 at 10:34 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders on Wednesday placed linebacker Travis Goethel on season-ending injured reserve as a result of the left knee injury he suffered against the Baltimore Ravens.
They signed veteran linebacker Omar Gaither to take Goethel’s place on the 53-man roster. Gaither will wear No. 53.
Gaither started 40 games for the Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers.
Gaither was one of four players worked out by the Raiders on Tuesday, the regular players’ off day: linebackers Quan Sturdivant, Scott McKillop and Gaither and safety Tyrone Culver.
Gaither, 28, is 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds. He is expected to play on special teams and backup linebacker, along with Aaron Curry and Keenan Clayton. He has experience as a middle linebacker.

• mcfadden20.

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:53 am

The Raiders are on pace to allow the most points in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

Just Tank Baby.

Clear as day and night = Just sign Dwigh Freeney next year baby to go with top pass rushing DE baby
    =======
    What is Avril doing this season in Detroit?
    Didn’t they slap him w/ the franchise?
    May come a little cheaper than Freeney.

—–

Cliff Avril 4.5 sacks only 26 years old
    Michael johnson of cincy got 6 only 25 years old

seems like we will have to get in a bidding war with alot of teams for them

• Priesttj12

Steve McNair was an outstanding talent and was a eyelash away from winning. You caqn also add Rich Gannon to the list as a running QB it took him 8-10 years before he became what many thought was a great QB.
    Stop acting as if Cam is hopeless he is far from it. Vick’s issue is his size it may be his undoing.

• DMAC

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:03 am

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:53 am

The Raiders are on pace to allow the most points in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

Just Tank Baby.

=======
    What is Avril doing this season in Detroit?
    Didn’t they slap him w/ the franchise?
    May come a little cheaper than Freeney.

—–

Cliff Avril 4.5 sacks only 26 years old
    Michael johnson of cincy got 6 only 25 years old

seems like we will have to get in a bidding war with alot of teams for them
    ======

Is Johnson on his contract year?

• realtruraider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 8:32 am
    There hasn’t been an 8-8 team that turned around and the made the playoffs the next year, in years

——————————————————

The Raiders however had back to back 8-8 seasons, history suggest when we have back to back 8-8 seasons we are on the verge of goin on a pretty good run for a
    few years, we have never went backwards like we have so far this year.

So excuse some of us of thinkin we were about to breakout, what the fk were we thinkin anyway, smdh

• Priesttj12

John David Booty Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    The best “scrambling” QB I ever saw was Randall. He could just play. Running, passing, he could do it all. He never won that ring, but it doesnt always come down to one man when we’re talking about championships. On the flip, QBs have rings that they didnt contribute that greatly too. Sometimes the best players arent on the best teams, and dont get the rings. Just because a player never got a ring doesnt mean he wasnt capable of getting one based off his ability, just means it didnt happen. And just because a player does have a ring, it doesnt mean he would have been able to accomplish the same thing with another team.
    **********************************************
    Gracias! Dan Marino comes to mind as the perfect pocket passer and the best QB I ever saw………ringless!!!

• Raider4Life209

John David Booty Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    =====================
    Excellent point. Randall C was a personal fave growing up too, along with the ultimate underdog Doug Flutie. I know what you mean tho JDB.

• DMAC

Priesttj12 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:05 am

John David Booty Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    **********************************************
    ======

Im going to have to go w/ Jay Shraoder
    lol

• Raider4Life209

=========

And that’s truly a shame. He was a helluva QB.

• Plunketthead

Earlier this morning Firebaby said the Jets may trade for CP. I said Az is a better place for CP but I did not make it obvious I was replying to vegas.

Therefore let it be known to MR that I will not engage in CP bashing with him. I am a Palmerhead. I predicted he would be a probowler this year.

66- I do not “want” to trade him however if Reggie works a good deal, I would not mind. You know Larry is on management to get a QB or trade him and AZ had great luck last time with Warner. I live here and people would trade for CP in a second, not that it means anything

• MiamiRaider78

One of my favorite QB’s to watch growing up as a kid. One of the quickest releases i’ve ever seen.

• mcfadden20.

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:04 am

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:03 am

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:55 am

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:53 am

The Raiders are on pace to allow the most points in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

Just Tank Baby.

=======
    What is Avril doing this season in Detroit?
    Didn’t they slap him w/ the franchise?
    May come a little cheaper than Freeney.

—–

Cliff Avril 4.5 sacks only 26 years old
    Michael johnson of cincy got 6 only 25 years old

seems like we will have to get in a bidding war with alot of teams for them
    ======

Is Johnson on his contract year?

—-
    Yup , goes 6’7 270, was a 1st round talent who dropped to 3rd rd due to questions about his rawness and motor

• Raider4Life209

Catch ya later fellas! Blogs and iPhones don’t mix for me! lol

• DMAC

peace 209

• mcfadden20.

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:06 am

=========

And that’s truly a shame. He was a helluva QB.

——

Hell yeah , this is why Mistic’s stupid W-L is a fraud, you need a team effort to win

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Reggie will set this franchise back further than the selection of JaMarcus Russell did.

FIREREGGIENOW!

• Raider4Life209

Catch ya at the top again DMAC!

• John David Booty

Priesttj12 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:05 am
    John David Booty Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    **********************************************
    ———————————————
    Another one. Marino was my favorite QB as a kid growing up in the 80s. Even if you didnt like the Dolphins, it was always entertaining watching him throw the ball around. Was crazy sometimes watching a ball come off of another human beings hands like that.

• DMAC

If DA is brought back, will he have the ballz to can his entire coaching staff and come fresh?

• MiamiRaider78

I remember playing street football when I was a kid and we would run 5 or 10 yd slants and I would throw the ball as hard as possible because I thought thats how Marino did it.

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL

• mcfadden20.

I’m okay with JT and DA, but they better bring in new OC and new ST coach

• DMAC

Bring back Wauffle!!

• mcfadden20.

Texas A&M have another pass rusher who is set to go top 10 , last year Von Miller was #2 pick , must be the coaching i guess?

• MiamiRaider78

Wauffle and Wylie!

• John David Booty

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL
    ———————————————-
    You too, huh? Trying to throw the ball as hard as Marino, messed my shoulder up pretty bad when I was younger. Had no clue what I was doing. Just thought I was doing it right. Now I realize and understand better how there are so many QBs that never really learned how to throw correctly.

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?

As a baby hanging out in my high chair, all the big bois could talk about was how great a “scrambler” Tarkington was.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

Saying Roger Staubach and Ben Roethlisberger are scrambling QB like Randal Cunningham and Mike Vick is just retarded.

Sure they are elusive they can avoid pressure well but they run a whopping 6.0 40

We are talking apples and oranges here!

• Raiderbuck

#justtankbaby = awesome

• http://www.AmyTraskshouldbeonmountrushmore.com Whats a Drexl?
  • http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

DMAC Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:37 am

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:36 am

DMac on a roll!!!
    ======

You should try it sometimes
    lol
    Just think of some schit off the top of you head
    =============================================
    Maybe you should actually do something with your day instead of sitting around, hoping to be the first post on a sorry blog.

• mcfadden20.

Watching highlights of possible future Raider Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M

• ottocrat

Finding it hard to give a damn.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

Plunketthead to quote Coach Ditka STOP IT!

• John David Booty

Mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:20 am
    ———————————————
    Sean Porter is tough. Hes a little light, but at least he knows how to wrap up and tackle. I think he’s gonna be awesome in pass rushing situations though cause he can fly. One of the fastest LBs Ive seen this season. Im interested in seeing what his 40 is going to be. Not that I put much stock in the 40 100%, but I do know that it makes a difference to some teams on whether a guy goes in the 1st or 3rd. I like Porter though.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Raider4Life209 Says:
    DMac on a roll!!!===================

I wouldn’t order that at the deli.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL
    =========================================
    As compared to now? Why do I just know you describe yourself now, as husky? Next it’s “I’m a solid 300 lbs. All muscle.”? Then it’s “I’m not fat, I’m just portly.”
    Fat is fat. Just the way it is, fatty.

• John David Booty

Mcfadden20. Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:27 am
    Watching highlights of possible future Raider Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M
    ————————————-
    I thought you were talking about the LB Porter. A&M has a few guys that I think can play on Sunday.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:31 am
    MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL
    =========================================
    Fat is fat. Just the way it is, fatty.
    ——————-
    I know most of you realize this is not me, posting.

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Wonderful, we’re back down where we are most comfortable.
    bottom three.

Oakland Raiders fall further in AP’s power rankings

By Dave Belli

dbelli@bayareanewsgroup.com
    Posted: 11/13/2012 05:13:00 PM PST
    Updated: 11/13/2012 05:13:02 PM PST

The Raiders’ latest defensive meltdown didn’t escape notice of the 12 voters who determine the Associated Press Pro32 NFL power rankings.

Sunday’s 55-20 thrashing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens dropped the Raiders three spots to No. 30 in the poll, released Tuesday.

The Raiders have been outscored 97-52 the past two weeks.

Only the Kansas City Chiefs (31) and the Jacksonville Jaguars (32) are ranked below the Raiders, who beat both teams this season for two of their three wins.

The No. 27 Buffalo Bills and No. 29 Cleveland Browns vaulted over the Raiders. The Bills lost 37-31 at New England, and the Browns were idle.

The Houston Texans replaced the Atlanta Falcons as the top-ranked team.

Here are the voters’ comments on the Raiders after Week 10, as provided by the AP (voter affiliation and ranking in parentheses):

Chris Berman (ESPN, 30) — Haven’t allowed back-to-back point totals like this since before Al Davis.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 31) — Defense has yielded more than 40 points the past two weeks.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 28) — Comment unavailable

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 31) — The defense has been embarrassing the last few weeks, and I’m trying to be nice as a former Raider.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 29) — Raiders’ awful defense at it again. They’ve given up a combined 97 points the last two games. Don’t imagine things will get much better
    against the resurgent Saints.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 28) — Raiders QB Carson Palmer has thrown an interception in five consecutive games for the fading Raiders.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 28) — I’m not sure which has more holes in need of repair: The Nimitz Freeway or the middle of the Oakland defense.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 30) — This is the worst defense in the NFL right now — accept no substitutes.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 29) — Back in September, I said the team had no depth because of the salary cap purge and the mistakes in talent evaluation over the years. Now injuries have too many good players on the sideline.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 29) — The Raiders have given up 97 points in the last two games. Enough said!

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 30) — Yes, things actually can get worse for a Raiders squad that has surrendered 97 points and 934 yards in the past two games. The surging New Orleans Saints roll into town for a Sunday matchup.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 29) — Coach Dennis Allen is a defensive expert, but the Raiders have allowed at least 40 points in two straight games.

• MiamiRaider78

KoolKell Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:31 am
    MiamiRaider78 Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

“Fck you fat Marino, you almost ripped off my fingers!”

I was a bit of a chubster when I was young. LOL
    =========================================
    Fat is fat. Just the way it is, fatty.
    ___________

You don’t like your men fat? LOL

I’m 6′ft 190.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

ELWAY EARLY IN HIS CAREER..

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

Raider O and I were talking about In’N'Out burgers last night at about 11:00 PM surrounded by nothing but missus beechum posts and in jumps KK with

KoolKell Says:
    Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure Says:
    November 13th, 2012 at 10:51 pm
    No effin’ pickles!! I fkin hate pickles. Don’t think they’re on the menu at n’n’o!
    ———————
    Fascinating convo. (Not)===========================

KoolKell Says: That’s what you came up with, off the top of your head? Small thoughts for small minds.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You don’t like your men fat? LOL

I’m 6′ft 190.
    ——————
    That’s one of my groupies posting as me, Miamiaider.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

So, what are you doing with your day, KK?

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Two of our three wins are against the two worst teams in the league.
    Oh yeah, DA, you are definitely the answer. Great job, Reggie, in actually doing a worse job than Al.
    How is that possible?
    Al was old as the hills. Senile. Totally lost it. A babbling fool.
    And Reggie makes him look sharp and on his game.
    What a sad state of affairs this organization has stooped to. And some of you wonder how can I say I hate the Raiders?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

You do see the irony, don’t you,KK?

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Ignore him Miami. Some would call me fat as well. I prefer to be called “rotund”, as compared to fat.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE ABOUT POWER RANKINGS..

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure

KoolKell Says: Al was old as the hills. Senile. Totally lost it. A babbling fool.======================

Take it from one who knows.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/ Full Disclosure