McFadden, Seymour, Branch not practicing once again

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, November 15th, 2012 at 11:48 am in Oakland Raiders.

If the Raiders are going to beat the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, it appears as if they’re going to have to do so without a handful of key players.
Running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson, defensive tackle Richard Seymour, strong safety Tyvon Branch and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey are not practicing today, which makes them very questionable for the Saints game.
Of that quintet, Heyward-Bey stands the best chance of playing. He tweaked his right hamstring early in practice Wednesday, but he is at least on the field and walking around. That’s more than can be said for the four others that aren’t practicing.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen won’t make any definitive decisions on whether any of the aforementioned five will play or not until after practice Friday, at the earliest.
For now, it’s a long-shot to expect McFadden, Goodson, Branch or Seymour to play. McFadden, Goodson and Seymour last played Nov. 4. They haven’t practiced of played in a game since that day. Branch suffered his injury against the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday, and he has missed both practices this week.

– The Raiders signed safety Cory Nelms to their practice squad. He spent time with the 49ers each of the past two seasons. Nelms fills the vacancy created by the signing of running back Jeremy Stewart to the 53-man roster last Saturday.

– No official word yet on whether Sunday’s game has sold enough tickets for it to be televised locally. The Raiders sold out all eight of their regular-season games last season and their first four this season.

– Khalif Barnes is taking reps with the first-team offense at right offensive tackle. If all goes according to plan, he will start against the Saints after missing the past seven games with a groin injury that required surgery.

• Raider4Life209

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Raider4Life209 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:29 pm

708.Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 11:02 am

….after all that is why we gave up so much for him…isnt it?

————————

Alright, you’re up…

Your ‘Better’ QB goes down for the season vs CLE, Boller is your backup, and you’re riding the wave of 1st Place in the AFC West. What’s your next move.

The jeopardy song is playing Mistic….
    =============

why are we rehashing this?

its water under the bridge
    ===================

You keep swimming in that water Mistic. Can you just answer the question?

• Raider4Life209

^^^ Predictably Mistic, although it’s as easy as one name—you did not answer.

• Scourge

Yo, fellow Raider fans!

Decided I’d drop in from Lurkerville to say thanks for all the entertainment the last few days!

Until a few months ago, I was simply reading the Raider news items at CNN/SI. Then, one day, I started following your blog posts. I must that it’s been fun so far.

I’ve been following the Raider from the Right Coast since I was little. While I’m not a fanatic like some of you CA folk are, I still enjoy following the Raiders. We don’t get to see them on TV very often in this area unless they’re visiting Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, or Baltimore. Last week’s game was sure a let-down.

I just wanted to say I enjoy all your Raider-related posts. Please keep up the good work!

I do want to send a special shout-out to the Beeech Dawg. Man, you’re an amusing guy! The last few days I’ve been having the blues due to a health issue and you’re posts have had me cracking up. Although I wish you’d give up on the defacation material, you’re at your best when responding to others’ posts. It gives you fresh material and you don’t have to rely on recycling your original schtick.

JUST BLOG BABY!!!!!

GO RAIDERS

• Scourge

*must say

• Scourge

*your

Sorry, I hate *my* typos

• qodrn1

Try typing without an e or 8 ky lik me.

• qodrn1

So, if I have been following along, despite getting blown out (do ya think Harbaugh’s heart problem is Al’s retribution?) last week, the only improvement we have made is to hire a line backer. Golly.

• papertiger418

Patience! Dennis Allen is the Jason Campbell to this organization’s Jamarcus Russell. We need a year or two of stability before making strides. I’m not talking quilts here, but Houston is our model and the ZBS is our white whale. It will take time to build the lines on both side of the ball but we have to buckle down and support the organization during this period. It’s the worst thing to ask of fans after a decade of turbulence, but it needs to be done.

• Raider4Life209

Papertiger418 Says:
    November 15th, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    =======================
    You are the voice of reason PT! Can’t argue that! Good stuff here.

• Pingback: [Raiders News] Darren McFadden, Richard Seymour, Tyvon Branch Out At Raiders Practice Once Again - GridironFans.com