Raiders live blog during Sunday’s game against New Orleans, 1 p.m.

By Jon Becker
Saturday, November 17th, 2012 at 5:21 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Steve Corkran will moderate a live blog during the Raiders’ game Sunday against the Saints.

• Raidergil650

YEAYEA STAN_TO_MUCH_TO_AFROD! I JUST HATE THE DUCKS! BUT ITS RAIDER TIME NOW! GO NATION!

• Dakota

ND #1? Say what? This feels one year early…..

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

VicTafur
    1 hour ago

Here’s note from Pro Football Focus: On average, Raiders have had their runners get contacted after just 1.3 yards, third-lowest rate in NFL

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I dont care who is in the national championship.

Im more concerned who the Raiders are gonna draft. They gonna need all the help they can get.

Trade FORD.. Draft AUSTIN from West Virginia.

THe guy is a football player. Ford is just a track guy who gets injured

• lefty12

Hey,East,how is that offense doing this year against the big boys.That was what we were talking about.That offense won’t work in the NFL.Too many too big and too fast guys.

• Just Fire Baby

I like Austin a lot, but he isn’t an everydown player like a Percy Harvin.

5’9 170??? Not going to withstand the NFL taking 20 handoffs like he did today.

Could be a Pro Bowl kick returner though.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Why do I even watch football? What’s the point of getting my heart ripped out, time and time and time again?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Screw Gruden, David Shaw is the Raiders savior.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Austin would be a Slot WR in the NFL.. Desean jackson was only 180 pounds if that when he was drafted. Dude looked like 175

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Shaw would lol at KNAPP OC gameplans.. then would be like GTFOH

• Just Fire Baby

ND has Teo and a good D, but I think of all the “contenders” right now, Georgia has the best D. Certainly the D with the most pro prospects on it.

That’s who I am calling, but we will see if they can get past ‘Bama.

• Just Fire Baby

Austin can make plays in the NFL for sure, but I am always leary of the guys who have no real position. For every Percy Harvin, there seems to be more Peter Warrick’s.

The NFL is all about having defined roles.

Austin needs to work on his route-running, because he isn’t playing any RB at the next level.

Again though, he could impact our game TOMORROW in the return game if he suited up for us.

• eastoaklandraider

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 8:53 pm
    I dont care who is in the national championship.

Trade FORD.. Draft AUSTIN from West Virginia.

THe guy is a football player. Ford is just a track guy who gets injured
    ——————–

Gotta disagree ALLDAY Ford is my boy lil dude fights for that ball, has heart and is a great ST player I hope Reggie keeps him on board he would be dumb to let that guy go he would just be another player in a long list of players to come back and bite us in the ass.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Dude i agree also SKOV and CHase Thomas on the Stanford D could impact our D tommorow.. along with those Safties.

Stanfords Running back could run hard for us tommorow

• lefty12

I could root for Georgia.I’m just sick and tired of ‘Bama thinking it is their god given right to play in the championship game every year.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 8:29 pm
    Reggie should fire Dennis Allen right now and hire Shaw.

========

2nd it.

• http://www.GodIsImaginary.com RaiderDuck

Notre Dame as the #1 team. Can we even BEGIN to imagine how far ESPN’s tongue is going be up Notre Dame’s cornhole now?

• omoran

To the DISRESPECTFULL OAKLAND PLAYERS -Those Lazy Bumbs. SHAME on.you –Close the Ticket.Office! Go home!
    Don’t play I don’t Pay! Play good I pay good! Choose your name .
    OakClown Raiders
    Oakland Traitor
    Chokekland Haters

• RaidingTexas

Eastoaklandraider Says:

Guess you guys forgot about Cam Newton at Auburn.

———————————

My bad. I should have been more specific. I meant spread “Air Raid passing” offense, not spread “Vince Young rushing” offense.

• Raidergil650

EDDIE MONEY NATION AT 11PM

• eastoaklandraider

Once again a team that runs a pro style beats Kelly’s gimmicky crap.It happens every year.LOL

———————————

It happened to Mike Leach every year too. That spread O style of football is fun to watch, but it hasn’t gotten over the hump yet.
    —————-

sounds like you guys were talkn college to me and thats what I commented on.

• Just Fire Baby

The biggest loser today is Jim Tressel, for having no control of his program and having them on probation, while they are undefeated right now.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Stanfords D was seal the edge like crazy on those OREGON runs.. Raiders dont even know how to do that LOL , NO JOKE

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Taiwan JOnes needs to get in DA’s face and say FEED ME THE ROCK COACH…

• eastoaklandraider

Lefty12 Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 9:00 pm
    —————-

I dont wanna see any team from the SEC win the title, what has it been 6 in a row for those guys?

• Just Fire Baby

If Notre Dame losses, we could end up with two SEC teams in the National Champtionship games, again.

That would be a fitting end to the colossal failure that is the BCS.

• eastoaklandraider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 9:05 pm
    —————-

their conference sucks, all they would do get blown out in the title game again imo.

• Just Fire Baby

I am eager to see what this PS kid has for us tomorrow at RB.

Bummer Goodson got hurt, this was a perfect opportunity for him.

• lefty12

The powers that be will make sure an SEC team is in the BS championship game.The only way to keep them out is to have 2 undefeated teams from major conf.

************************

AGreed, but nevertheless, they are undefeated and doing nothing.

I hope some schools vote them #1 in the coaches polls to further screw things up.

That’s all I really root for in college football, I like certain players, but other than that I root for the most chaos possible, and the most egg on their face for the suits at the BCS.

• omoran

Can anyone in the Press Conference ask them like this -Dude are you people Stupid or idiots, no team plays like you bunch
    Of Clowns
    Tell them Fans are asking to Close the Ticket Booth !
    SHAME ON YOU.

• lefty12

Poor Cal just gets worse and worse.I wonder if this is the end for Tedford.Would hate to see them get another Holmoe.

• eastoaklandraider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

************************

AGreed, but nevertheless, they are undefeated and doing nothing.

—————-

Well we get playoffs in a couple years anyway.

• Just Fire Baby

Tell them Fans are asking to Close the Ticket Booth !

***********************************

It’s a sell-out, of some sorts, tomorrow, so Amy and Mark are happy.

• Just Fire Baby

I wonder if this is the end for Tedford.

***************************

How could it not be?

They have turned this life-long fan into a casual observer.

• eastoaklandraider

Tedford has to go, he’s run his course at Cal.

• lefty12

The only thing is they have the most injuries of any major program in the country.He was instrumental in getting the stadium done and getting the facilities updated.I could see him getting 1 more year.

• JB

Is the game televised tomorrow? I’ll be there but was just wondering?

• omoran

Alabama is Better than us! Yeah! Just Lose baby !
    When Knapp leaves the team, I’ll give each one of you $1 .
    Candy bar? .

• jesusraiderjim

Can we get Urban Meyer as a coach? The guy is a WINNER, as he quitely gets his team into #1 in the nation.

• eastoaklandraider

But wait, now that I think about it Cal is getting a new stadium so that might be their excuse to keep him, give him a chance to recruit better with better facilities.

• Just Fire Baby

The only thing is the stadium deal, and he does deserve credit for that.

But if not for completely stumbling into Aaron Rodgers at Butte, he would have been mostly crap for 10 years.

QB play is just dreadful, even though they are tossing it to NFL level WR’s.

• JB

Hopefully the rain will be over by noon. Don’t really feel like dressing up for foul weather. It should be a real shoot-out tomorrow. More balls in the air than on the ground. I would really like to see Tiawan Jones get an even shake with a realistic number of touches. If he’s really as bad as coaches say, why the hell is he even on the roster. Now, if only Knapp can come down with the flu and have to skip the game. Just saying…

• eastoaklandraider

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 17th, 2012 at 9:20 pm
    The only thing is the stadium deal, and he does deserve credit for that.

QB play is just dreadful, even though they are tossing it to NFL level WR’s.
    ———————

when you think about it now how didnt he win the title with Rodgers, lynch, jackson, they are better than, leinart,Bush, williams

• lefty12

The QBs get worse every year even though he brings in HS all-americans.He used to be known for developing them.Maynard was worse this year than Reilly was before him who was worse than Longshore before him.

• Just Fire Baby

That trio did beat USC at least, at least Rodgers and Lynch.

Pretty sure Desean was on that team as well.

• omoran

Oregon Ducks uniforms should not be in Prime Time.
    They should be use in Mardi -gra

Nate Longshore, lol.

Let’s not forget the great Joe Ayoob!!!

• omoran