Branch among Raiders inactives

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 am in Oakland Raiders.

Strong safety Tyvon Branch, who has started 57 consecutive games for the Raiders, will be inactive against the Saints Sunday with a neck injury.

Branch worked out on the field with trainers before the game, went back inside, and a short time later was declared inactive. Also inactive is wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, out with a hamstring injury.

Correction: DHB is active and Willie Smith is inactive.

Mike Mitchell will get his first start in the base defense in place of Branch.

Other Raiders inactives included quarterback Terrelle Pryor, guard Lucas Nix, defensive tackle Richard Seymour, running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson.

• MiamiRaider78

Uno?

• MiamiRaider78

Two tits!

• RaiderDebo

If the Eagles are smart, their QBs won’t throw another pass to Celek. That guy has absolutely killed the team this year.

• ChrisinNC

Wow. You can tell this team has done mailed it in. Thanks DA. Krapp.

• MiamiRaider78

Can we see some 3-4 today Tarver? Why not?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I hate having to listen to Dierdorf.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:43 am
    ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 am
    Where’s that Al_is_the_raiders idiot? Even Davis’ staunchest advocates wouldn’t dare defend the hilarious debacle of the past decade. It scares me that there are still morons like him that actually try to.

===========

I’m an Al Davis fan 1st & foremost. While we don’t disagree with some questionable decisions the past 10 season, it doesn’t rid all the good he did in my mind. Plus, he had us setup better than previous years.

Now, having said that, I wished HE would have hand picked his GM.

Also, I greatly miss him.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Keep Pryor off the field boys….Don’t bother trying anything new.

• RAIDERMAN99

Other Raiders inactives included quarterback Terrelle Pryor…
    ====================================
    Shocker.

Way to go Krappy.

Gotta love the imagination.

• ChrisinNC

MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:43 am
    ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 am

===========

Now, having said that, I wished HE would have hand picked his GM.

Also, I greatly miss him.

—————————————————

I understand. And I sound harsh, but I do greatly respect the man. It just frustrates the heck out of me when people ignorantly idolize him, swearing he would’ve led us to greatness. The path he was on, I mean, 10 years of complete garbage, was almost entirely due to his extremely poor decisions. He really had lost touch with the game. Like I said, complete jokes for drafts, signing way overpriced over-the-hill FA that other teams wouldn’t go near. Terrible salary cap and contract management. Running a really good coach (Jon Gruden) out of town.

Honestly, he reaped what he sowed this past decade. He was a megalomaniac who wanted control and power over everything. He ruined and gutted this team, filling it with track stars and busts that are soft and play to cash checks.

• Al_is_theraiders

no bey? can krappys o get worse? i think so…

• ChrisinNC

MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:44 am
    Keep Pryor off the field boys….Don’t bother trying anything new.

——————————————————

Yeah. Cause what’s working is working so well.

• Al_is_theraiders

defend what idiot? 3 super bowl wins, 5 appearences? go lick some reggie boots…

• ChrisinNC

Now, the Al Davis of the 60s, 70s, and 80s was the reason I came to love this team. A visionary, a brilliant mind of the time, a renegade with an attitude of his own.

• morilla

Jeez, Mitchell gets the start. It’s going to be like watching a 6 year old hopped up on Red Bull and birthday cake.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Packers O-line is really bad.

• ChrisinNC

Al_is_theraiders Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:50 am
    defend what idiot? 3 super bowl wins, 5 appearences? go lick some reggie boots…

————————————————-

Are we in the 1970s genius? Or the 80s? You clearly haven’t watched this debacle over the past decade. Your “idol” is the reason we’re in the mess we’re in. And the fact that you can’t see that really scares me. If he told you to jump off a bridge, you would. Complete ignorant, mindless following.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:47 am
    MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:43 am
    ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 am

===========

Now, having said that, I wished HE would have hand picked his GM.

Also, I greatly miss him.

—————————————————

=========

I ignornantly idolized him. I loved him for more than just football, but I realized he got old, like we all will, but I could never stop supporting him…Let me put it to you this way. I voted for Gary Johnson this month & Cynthia McKinney 4 years ago. I knew they weren’t going to win, but they are people that I admire.

• MiamiRaider78

Can’t stand when instead of showing a football game, the networks show ice skating or fckn bull riding. Is there really that many people out there haveing a get together at the house for bull riding???

C’mon man!

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

AIDERMAN99 Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:45 am
    Other Raiders inactives included quarterback Terrelle Pryor…
    ====================================
    Shocker.

Way to go Krappy.

Gotta love the imagination.

============
    LOL!…Ditto

• oklahomaRaider18

Go Raiders!!!! Lace up!!

• Al_is_theraiders

idol? he is no idol…but if you think anyone, anyone wanted the raiders to win more than that man….youre sadly mistaken.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL
    Drew Brees 6-0, with 13 TDs, 0 interceptions, 120.7 passer rating in past six games against Raiders.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Jax is hanging in there with Houston…Today may show us if we are truly the 2nd worst team in the league or not.

• ChrisinNC

MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:52 am
    ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:47 am
    MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:43 am
    ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 am

————————————————–

I respect the fact that you admit it. Plenty of times in my life I’ve done the same thing. It’s just the frustration of a decade boiling over. Yearly seeing terrible decisions being made, all over the place. Watching my beloved team plummet from the heights of a Super Bowl appearance to the toilet, all because a man didn’t want to share the spotlight with a coach. To taste the pinnacle and then watch it all completely implode. I do blame him for that. He is not above blame. But I also recognize that the team wouldn’t be here today if not for him.

• ChrisinNC

Someone’s already said it today, but the way Cleveland’s playing… Let’s just say none of the rest of the games may swing in our favor. Except the Chiefs. We still should beat them.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Raaaaaiiiiiidddddeeeeeerrrrrrsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

I was wrong, up 10 in Houston…good gawd.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Gawdammned the RAIDERS

• realtruraider

Huh, I saw DHB active and Smith inactive, must of ben a last second change, I thought maybe Bergstrom passed up Smith on depth chart

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Its pretty crazy Branch played 57 str8 games. Thats pretty durable.

BTW anyone see ASO get burnt on that playaction by RG3? WOW.. what happened to him? He is all confused.

I dont think he is even good enough to crack the Raider Roster right now.

• RaiderDebo

I think RG3 has a good arm.

• realtruraider

Henne > Gabbert

• Just Fire Baby

******************************

We are tied with 6 teams with 3 wins, 4 teams have less.

We could be the 12th worst team in the NFL after today’s win.

• fangsraiders
  • RaiderDebo

ChrisinNC Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:02 pm
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Cleveland has been a tough out all season. The D can be a nightmare.

• ChrisinNC

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:05 pm
    Its pretty crazy Branch played 57 str8 games. Thats pretty durable.

I dont think he is even good enough to crack the Raider Roster right now.

—————————————————

I think the whole team as mailed it in. The pressure on them is insane, and they know their coach is pretty much a lame duck.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

MaddenRaiderisadouchebag Says: Goodson fumbled the ball all season, and he kept playing.==================

Pro Football Reference has Goodsen for O fumbles this year. I don’t remember any. Which one’s do you remember that we missed?

• fangsraiders

RaiderDebo Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:06 pm
    I think RG3 has a good arm. === SO DOES UBBA BUNGGA IN KENYA …..SMART & WHITE MAKES A GREAT QB

• jackasspuria

Another name omitted from Jerry’s inactive list is Willie Smith.

He goes from starter to inactive.

• MiamiRaider78

Only fumbles I recall were during the preseason.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

It sucks to say but we are playing for Draft picks at this point. As long as we have knapp.

• ChrisinNC

Fangsraiders Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:08 pm
    RaiderDebo Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

—————————————————

How is he not banned yet? Do they even ban on this blog?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Cam Newton is 6/19 today against the Bucs.
    Palmer threw for over 400 yards. Where is Mistic at?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Fangsraiders is Steve’s cousin. That’s why he doesn’t get banned.

• realtruraider

——————————————————–
    Cowgirls just suck, seriously though Weeden has a 19.7 QBR which is last in the league, but who knows we could make him look like a HOF

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

====

meant to say pre-season

• jackasspuria

Wonder if Taiwan Jones gets any carries today?

Hopefully Tarver was watching film, gathering notes and getting ideas from Stanford’s (his former team’s) defensive performance against Oregon last night.

An inspired effort from Tarver’s group this afternoon could go a long way in making the Raiders-Saints game interesting.

• realtruraider

—————————————————–

Im sure he is talkin about the game in preseason when he fumbled like 3 times on 3 carries

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Looks the Falcons are playing the exact same game they played against the Raiders. 3 first half INTs for Ryan.