End 3rd qtr: Saints 35, Raiders 10

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, November 18th, 2012 at 3:35 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Saints scored on a 27-yard run by Mark Ingram and a 15-yard pass from Drew Brees to Lance Moore, with the Raiders countering with a 40-yard Sebastian Janikowski field goal.

For the season, the Raiders have been outscored 123-34 in the third quarter.

New Orleans built on the momentum it had on Brees’ late 38-yard touchdown pass in the first half as Traveris Cadet returned the opening second-half kickoff 75 yards immediately preceding Ingram’s touchdown run. New Orleans had a touchdown within 17 seconds of the thrird quarter.

oakalnd opens the fourth quarter with a fourth-and-1 at the New Orleans 40. Marcel Reece has 96 yards on 17 carries.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

i wish though

• Twocents

If Mark Davis fires McKenzie after one year then he is as stupid as his father.

• RaiderDebo

Chris Johnson making his mark already. Very happy for that guy.

• DJ Johnny

nycraider Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:42 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:40 pm
    The only way Gruden leaves his gig to come to Oakland is if he gets partial ownership in the team.

His salary was 4.3 million this year at ESPN. He’s probably due a raise. He probably gets to wake up in sweat pants at 10am 5 days a week.

He ain’t leaving to coach a last placed team. Get a hold of yourselves!!!!
    ———————–
    you never know..i mean marcus allen lit the torch for Al, now Gruden..i think mark secretly admires anyone who stood up to his father. probably something he couldnt do

Then bring in Schottenheimer to coach.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

DA is not making it to four years. From the sounds of MARK he might not make it out of this year.

Mark wants him too.. he wants to see progression this year. But ya Mark looks like he might do something that da forces on him.

• Priesttj12

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:40 pm

He ain’t leaving to coach a last placed team. Get a hold of yourselves!!!!
    ************************************************
    Boy I’m convinced now, you are some kind of a NUT aren’t you? Who in hell or heaven or under the damn seas would give a coach part ownership especially a coach like Gruden. Are you CRAZY!!

Gruden would be honored to come back here if he just had some control over personnel. What planet are you from man?

Do you know how many SB winning coaches you could get even up and coming coaches better then Gruden to straighten this out. ……….No owner in his right mind would even spend time talking with a coach asking for part ownership…….get some fresh air dude you’re sick!

• DJ Johnny

RaiderDebo Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    Chris Johnson making his mark already. Very happy for that guy.

Well he SUCKED with us.

That’s why he was cut.

• ohioraider

It’s looking obvious that McKenzie and Mark Davis took a look around and concluded that the old man left a complete disaster, top to bottom, and while I’m in general sympathy with that it also seems increasingly likely that they didn’t look hard enough at some of the strengths of the organization. Instead of blowing things up they may have concluded that 8-8 wasn’t a fluke, and that a few tweaks could’ve produced a playoff contender. But they didn’t. They blew it up. And now we’re looking at a 2-3 year long process it seems to me. Unless the franchise gets lucky somehow, pulls off a blockbuster trade.

• RaiderReggie

Old Dennis(Pencil Neck)Allen better get his schytt together.

• Just Fire Baby

People act like Gruden flew in from the East Oak to hang out today.

He was in town for the MNF game and had nothing to do today.

The perks of his new job, nothing to do some days.

I don’t see him coming back to coaching just as a coach. He will have to be the highest paid coach AND get some type of GM or ownership responsibilities as well.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

DA reminds me of singletary after losing.

WE gonna look at the film! uh what else. in the end DA will be no better then NOLAN, KIFFIN , Mcdaniels as a HC

• Priesttj12

mark would hang up the phone on Bill Belichik asking for part ownership. A COACH IS A COACH the line is long and wide for coaches taht would love to come here and get credit for turning this around. I really think Sean Payton would jump at the chance if given……….I’d take him over Gruden everyday and twice on Sunday.

• Raiderbuck

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Mark Davis on if coach Allen, McKenzie get slack for first season: “I wouldn’t call it a pass. They’ve got contracts; they’re gonna be here”

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

anybody but this portland state WR coach in DA. ANYBODY.

• Just Fire Baby

***********************

I didn’t say we should, just saying that is what it would take.

Plenty of better jobs than the 2013 Raiders have been open and I am sure called Gruden about it, and he passed on them all.

Coaching the Raiders is one of the worst coaching jobs in all of sports. Get a grip old man.

• 0ak r8rs

John David Booty Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:06 pm
    RaiderReggie Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:03 pm
    At this point I see a 5-11 or 6-10 season.
    ———————————————
    You must be an optimist.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That really does look like kool aid talk. Unfortunately I think we can still beat a choking Cleveland team and the truly pathetic Chefs. So yea, 5 wins. Just enough to put us in the middle of the pack for the draft. Not that it matters much, since we r already short a 2nd and a 4th.

And speaking of that 2nd I’m gonna put some of today on Palmer. I’ve been a big supporter of his, and I’m certainly not giving up on him after 1 game, but he sucked today. From the pick 6 to badly thrown balls to taking sacks and looking completely lost.

That being said, he could have been Aaron Rodgers today and we still would have lost. All I wanted this year was to have a good defense. A defense I could be proud of. A defense that was feared and talked about around the league. Well, our defense is certainly getting talked about……… LMFAO. Everyone that has anything to do w this defense, players and coaches, should be castrated and stoned in public. That’s what they do to thrives in the Middle East. We should do the same to thieves in the NFL. because not one of these useless muther f0ckers has earned a f0cking penny of my hard earned fan dollars. F0cking useless bastards, all of them. Player and coaches.

• nycraider

i doubt gruden is an option, but if he was i would throw out da and rookie reg real fast. it wouldnt be like the moves made by al in the past. we would be getting an experienced coach who actually won a sb..doubt it would happen anyway

• DJ Johnny

Mark: I’m really disappointed. THIS was a game we had to win. You guys told me THIS was a playoff team.

Now we’re out of it.

What are you guys gonna do to fix this?

DA: I think we just need to stay the course and continue to grind each day and try to get better. All I can do as HC is to do all i can to possibly put these men in a position where they have the opportunity to possibly be successful.

Mark: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

honestly I told DA not to do it. everything was going fine till he hired GREG KNAPP.

Kiffin did the exact same thing too. KNAPP took this team down

• RaiderRetribution

Reggie and Gruden would make a great combination.

• nycraider

iderbuck Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

———————
    2012 = year of excuses..2013 there are none

• Just Fire Baby

Priest,

Do you really think that given the same contract to coach, Gruden would EVEN consider coaching us over say the Eagles?

We would have to offer more money AND probably something else on top of it.

We have no talent, no long-term QB solution, no organizational structure, no stadium, pretty much no hope.

• Priesttj12

And I’m saying crazy Gruden doesn’t have that kind of clout nor cache to even thiink in tghose terms. You’ve lost it Gruden is just looking for the right situation is all.

• morilla

Raiderbuck Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

——-

There you have it.

• Priesttj12

The Eagles aren’t as talented as people would think, their OLine is atrocious. The defnse has potential I would go there is I were he. But part ownership are you dizzy!!

• lefty12

416-I couldn’t agree more.Well said.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur

Also, weeks back, Mark Davis told Reggie McKenzie to have coaching staff talk to Darren McFadden about what running plays he wanted to run

• ohioraider

JFB, there’s more organizational structure now than anytime in the past 30 years.

• Just Fire Baby

You’ve lost it Gruden is just looking for the right situation is all.

******************************

He’s “just” been looking for the right situation for 5 years? Pretty patient guy, lol.

And trust me, the 2013 Oakland Raiders is not it.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

All reggie and DA had to do is fix the defense.. not fugged up the o with this ZBS crap that wasted about 6 weeks or regular season and mini camp/ training camp

• Just Fire Baby

Gruden also signed a 5year contract extension at ESPN about 8 weeks ago.

Not really the move of some guy looking to go coach a last placed football team.

• DJ Johnny

Just Fire Baby Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    Priest,

We would have to offer more money AND probably something else on top of it.

I don’t know about that. Philly is a pressure cooker.

As a HC would u rather have NO PRESSURE but have all the backing of your owner, or tremendous pressure to win cuz u supposedly have a “dream team” to work with?

BTW: The “dream team” has the SAME EXACT RECORD as us over these past two seasons.

• Priesttj12

JFB, SZomething is wrong with you man, any NFL franchise is worth $$$$$$$$$$$ you can get a coach calling you just sitting by the pool. There are only 32 jobs like this the top coaches anywhere want these jobs and are BEGGING for them. Mark has alll the leverage…..perriod

• Al_is_theraiders

Maybe mark is getting into his groove….about to take control. Remember he had just lost his father…

• Just Fire Baby

But part ownership are you dizzy!!

************************

CAn you read? I never said I would or we should offer that.

I am saying the Oakland Raiders coaching job in itself is such a crappy job it would take something unheard of to bring Jon Gruden out of a $5 million a year broadcasting gig.

• fletchesus

3 – 13

• Gdog

>>>>

He had his worst game of the season, no doubt. The Myers clang in the endzone didn’t help, and him and Moore seem completely off-hinged suddenly.

But CP IS our future. The people here that hate him can just keep banging their fists on the ground. He’s here to stay.. I say starter until 2014.

• Just Fire Baby

Plenty of teams have called Gruden the last 5 years, he told them all to bug off.

• DJ Johnny

I agree that there is NO WAY Gruden is coming to Oakland to coach.

I’m just saying it might be appealing to take a gig with NO PRESSURE and the chance to be a hero…again..then jump into the pressure to win right away at Philly.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur

Palmer: “Right now we’re shooting for 9-7. You’ve got to win all the games left & see where the chips fall. AFC is still pretty wide open.”

———–

lol palmer.. love ur heart man. I wish though

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

I’m thinking that short white quarterbacks might be the wave of the future.

• Just Fire Baby

*********************************

I would rather go to the team that paid me the most first and foremost, and than the team with the best chance to win and make me look good.

Neither of those apply to us.

• Priesttj12

JFB I don’t mean to be mean man. But I just think you don’t understand this culture. This is the BIGTIME and to coach the Oakland Raiders and get the credit for turning them around is HUGE on your resume.

Gruden might be on his knees begging more tha Mark asking!

• DJ Johnny

Grude is supposedly taking the gig with Tennessee.

They are all hyped about him coming.

Somone started the rumor he’s been in Knoxville recently looking ito schools for his kids.

Lots of heavy rumors on Gruden and the Vols.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

SBreport ‏@SBreport
    Like it or not. Keep an eye on Matt Flynn this offseason. Seattle doesn’t need him, Raiders don’t need an aging QB to build around.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    ——-
    I can see that happening.

• Just Fire Baby

Gruden might be on his knees begging more tha Mark asking!

************************

Yup, that it’s, Mark is just playing hard to get.

LMFAO

• DJ Johnny

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    November 18th, 2012 at 6:03 pm
    Vic Tafur‏@VicTafur

———–

lol palmer.. love ur heart man. I wish though

Hey Palmer. You have to actually WIN games to make the playoffs.

• Just Fire Baby

I’ll pass on having to give up a draft pick to acquire Flynn.

If he is waived, then sure, bring him in at a reasonable contract.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I don’t think Vegas aka JFB believes half the crap he posts here. I think he enjoys reading your reactions.

• Twocents

Last year we were 8-8 in a weak division. Well, things change. We were not on our way to prominence last year despite what some of you say.
    This is the typical way things go when a new staff takes over. Growing pains. The problem I had with AD was that there were growing pains every year. I am willing to give these guys a few more years. I have nothing to lose and neither do you.