Allen says using QB Pryor has been ‘discussed’

In light of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick taking the NFL by storm the past week, it seems reasonable that the Raiders might consider taking a look at second-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor at some point.
Unquestioned starter Carson Palmer is way down the list of things Raiders coach Dennis Allen has to worry about, even though people are quick to blame Palmer for the team’s 3-8 record.
Yet, Allen said Monday that he and his coaches have “discussed” the possibility of taking a look at Pryor in some capacity. It’s unclear whether that might be at quarterback or in some kind of special package that takes advantage of Pryor’s impressive combination of size, speed and elusiveness.
“He’s working to get better and he’s working to improve,” Allen said of Pryor. “I’ve seen improvement in Terrelle. He’s gotten better as a quarterback. He’s continued to work. I don’t think any of us feel like he’s the finished product, including himself, but he has worked to improve.”
Pryor wasn’t available for comment Monday.
Pryor hasn’t been active for any of Oakland’s first 11 games. He has yet to attempt a pass in a regular-season game since he joined the Raiders before the 2011 season.
He showed glimpses of what he can do at quarterback during some of the Raiders exhibition games, both with his feet and his strong arm.
Palmer turns 33 on Dec. 27, and he is under contract through 2016. He has passed for 3,181 yards and is within reach of Rich Gannon’s single-season record (4,689 in 2002).
Before long, though, the Raiders need to decide whether Pryor is worthy of being Palmer’s successor or if there’s some way to use him other than as the full-time quarterback.

– Allen said he is hopeful of running backs Darren McFadden (ankle) and Mike Goodson (ankle) and defensive tackle Richard Seymour (hamstring) returning to practice this week. All three players missed the past three games.

– Allen and his coaches will continue to look at ways to get things turned around in the face of four straight losses.
That process will continue in earnest Tuesday in advance of the first practice for the upcoming game against the Cleveland Browns.

“We got to look at any options,” Allen said. “Again, we’re all accountable to getting this thing corrected and getting it done right. Players and coaches, we’ve all got to be held accountable. We’ve got a standard that we uphold ourselves to and we haven’t lived up to that standard yet.”
Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly said he is having a hard time comprehending how the Raiders went from 8-8 and one win shy of the AFC West title last season to a team that is floundering.
“It’s been mind-blowing,” Kelly said. “I would have never, in my wildest dreams, thought we would be 3-8 right now.”
When asked the reason why, Kelly didn’t mince words.
“A whole multitude of things,” Kelly said. “Defense, offense, special teams, the whole team, as a whole, has not gotten the job done. We just got to play a little better over the last five weeks.”

– The Raiders pass defense remains a huge issue, with Bengals second-year quarterback Andy Dalton the latest to have his way against the Raiders.
Dalton completed 16 of 30 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns, without any interceptions.
Opposing quarterbacks combined for 23 touchdowns and a 101.9 passer rating in 11 games against the Raiders this season. The Raiders are last in the league in both categories, and they are near the bottom in average yards allowed per game and completion percentage.

– Rookie linebacker Kaelin Burnett played four snaps on special teams Sunday, one day after he was signed to the 53-man roster from the Raiders practice squad.
Burnett is the 11th Raiders player to make his NFL debut this season: offensive linemen Tony Bergstrom and Alex Parsons, defensive linemen tackle Christo Bilukidi and Jack Crawford, linebackers Miles Burris and Carl Ihenacho, wide receivers Juron Criner and Rod Streater, running back Jeremy Stewart and cornerback Brandian Ross are the others.

Steve Corkran

• Raider E

I am thinking of Andrew Walter right now. The guy rewrote the recod books at Arizona St. and then was promptly shell-shocked in the NFL by the Raiders porous o-line and never made anything of himself.

Pryor is more mobile and much more intimidating in stature, but will we see it happen again?

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

I am supertroll! I can take over everyone’s identity! But I have no friends…..

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

TP is a winner!

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Seymour Bush Says: If he’s all that, why hasn’t he gotten any snaps? The organization is desperate for a win. If TP was the answer, he would be out there…PERIOD.

According to Miss Tick, coaches don’t like the color of his hair.

• SJSURaider (19yr19fan)

Kap isn’t a rookie this is his 2nd year

• Priesttj12

I watched all 3 of them including Pryor at OU and kappy at Nev. and trust me Kappy was NOT more accurate than Pryor in college. I watched Keapernicks soph junior and senior years. He just played in system geared to his ability. And he started all 4 years. Harbaugh has done wonders with Kappy since he’s been there. That is all Pryor needs is reps and coaching like any other young QB.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Pryor looked accurate in the preseason

I know you will point to his first preseason but if you look at the total body of work he actually ran circles around the other raider qbs. I’ll post the stats tomoro

Pryor will not be graded according to his teammates failures he will be judged on what he does period

The images of Pryor vs Detroit are still fresh in jr’s mind

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

I’m counting on Cam to win one for us tonight. Go Panthers!

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I so had Pryor rated higher than kappy in college.

Pryor looked very good in Detroit game. Trust me if he even shows a hint of what we have seen from kappy newton or griffin we will have a controversy

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!

• mcfadden20.

Never ever before in the history of professional football , fans salivated over seeing mediocre talent late round picks , play so much except the last few days, with Priest and Supab1tch leading the charge

• Raider E

I think they should wait till KC comes to town to give Pryor the start.

If he is even gonna get a start.

Mistic just might be right and Mark is doing his best AL impression on DA.

Time to play Pryor, Tits….

JR. has spoken.

• Priesttj12

Raider E Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

*****************************************
    Man please don’t even mention them in the same sentence. Walter is just not competitive, Pryor is ultra competitive.

• mcfadden20.

LMFAO

• Raider E

If Pryor plays and plays well, then there is no controversy, Mistic.

In today’s NFL, Palmer will be out, and Mark will save 13 Million.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Where’d that troll go? I wanted her to sit here wasting her life making pretend she was me.

• Raider E

Priest,

Walter never had a chance. he got slaughtered routinely period.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

==========================================

That’s the oldest joke in football: who is the most popular guy in town? The backup Quarterback.

• Priesttj12

Look I can’t wait until this kid gets his chance to show what he can do. That is the ONLY thing that will stop all the speculation……….Andrew Walter? Are we kiddin here?

I wish that guy was more competitive because he was talented he just kind of quit.Didn’t give himself a chance.

• Raiders for life

The only thing the Raiders can look forward to this season is maybe ending up at .500 highly doubtful though.
    The Raiders season is pretty much over. FK yes play Pryor and see what he’s got.
    Don’t get CP killed this year for no reason.

• REALLIONAIREB

How does Dennis Allen deserve one more year but Hue didn’t????

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

I would say cam and Pryor are very similar players. I rated cam ahead becuase I thought his delivery was more pro ready & he won the biggest games he played in college. National champion and coming back from 24-0 AT ALABAMA!!!

Cam looked like he straightbed out his release and ther is no question about his toughness or desire!!!

IM FUGGIN JUICED!!!!

FREE TP6!!!!!!

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Ppl saying PRYOR will never be a good qb. Guess what (Romonowski voice) Palmer will never be a good qb either.

and he is due 15 million next year.

Pryor less then 500,000. I’ll roll with pryor. He actually has teh wheels to play in this offense.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I so had Pryor rated higher than kappy in college.

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!
    =========================================

Why would you want a QB controversy? It tears the team apart, it tears the fans apart, it devalues one of the players, because teams know they will have to dish one of the players for a fraction of his value. The WORST thing you can have is a QB controversy in a team. Watch what happens in SF. Kapaernick BETTER play lights out for the rest of the season.

• Raider E

Priest,

I’m not comparing the two. I’m comparing the situation.

Walter quit because he was getting murdered like an abused wife….

Not saying it’s ok, but I can understand.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Mcfadden20. Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    …………

Noted blog troll drowning in his own tears.

Pryor better not show a glimmer or palmer is toast!!!

• edward teach

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

mcfadden20. Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Ofcourse Whiners should have fired B Walsh after 1-15 year, Cowboys should have done the same after JJ went 1-15 oh yeah how about Pats , weren’t they better team before Bill Belichic who never succeeded before in Cleveland and comes to NE and have worse record than year before, I’m pretty sure those guys who went 1-15 in first year then went on to build dynasties had nothing to do with the talent they were surrounded by in first year right?
    =========

bad examples

do you did you just start watching football?

walsh and jimmy Johnson had rough starts but they also had people in place they wer sold on as the future in the qb spot aikman and motnana

********************************************************

Baloney. Both Aikman and Montana were drafted after their coaches took over. Jimmy Johnson’s first QB was Steve Walsh, whom he coached at the U.

Both Walsh and Johnson basically built those teams themselves, and it didn’t happen overnight (much less during the first eleven games of their respective tenures).

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

REALLIONAIREB Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

How does Dennis Allen deserve one more year but Hue didn’t????
    =========================================

We haven’t seen the last quarter of the season yet. So the jury is out. But I do not put this on Allen, I put this squarely on the players. A lot of these players have to go. Finally.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

REALLIONAIREB Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:49 pm
    How does Dennis Allen deserve one more year but Hue didn’t????
    —–
    Why? Because he pissed of Mark Davis. He made the stupidest trade in the history of football. Because GMs hire their own guy.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Mark ok’d the trade. Now he is sick of palmer

• Raider E

Mistic&Priest,

I gotta give you guys credit. I am actually excited to see Pryor in action.

I thought the season was over, but you guys have won me over.

FREE PRYOR BABY!!!! and Taiwann too….

• Priesttj12

I can’t understand that, all he ahd to do is wait until the team got better. He also went to NE and they cut him citing he didn’t prepare well. That’s just flatout quitting on yourself.

If you watch Cam he still has issues with his technigue which could take until his 3rd year. Neither Cam or Kappy or Pryor are pure passers. They are great leaders competitors and generals who know how to win games. Cam is struggling some and so will Kappy whe they get a book on him. Pryor will go thru those same struggles but he will win games for you while he is going thru it.

• mcfadden20.

OK M1st1c i hope Pryor lights it up , it will only benefit the Raiders

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Hope they start Pryor this week.. they will probaly give Pryor 10 plays. Then if he sucks which can happen because he is not in teh flow of the game.

Fans and Dennis Allen will go .. “See” he is not ready. Fck that. Better let him start the whole game.

• mcfadden20.

NEW POST INtended for M1stic

• RaiderReggie

I am sick and tired of hearing Dennis Allen, Carson Palmer or any Raider player or coach say “we got to get better”. I have heard that for four straight weeks in interviews after a loss. “MAN I’M TIRED OF THIS BS”

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Why do I want a qb controversy?!?!!

BECAUSE PALMER STINKS OUT LOUD & WE NEED A BETTER QB!!!

Controversy means Palmer is being challenged for the job,( a job he never earned)we need this badly

7-14 with 35 turnovers isn’t good enough. Not for me or big Mack or Davis!!!

Why wouldn’t you want controversy?

• Raider E

Priest,

I just would hate to see Pryor go through what Walter had to go through.

The kid had a ton of talent and was slapped silly. Weak-minded I guess?

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Palmer is not an Al Davis player. Dennis Allen is not a Al Davis Coach.

Stop letting these Fugazzi azzz ppl in the ogranization MARK. STOP the flooding NOW.

• REALLIONAIREB

Albert do u think that Hue being fired set this team back???

My opinion…ItDid but that’s just my take!!!

• DJ Johnny

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    I’m counting on Cam to win one for us tonight. Go Panthers!

Win one for ‘us’?

Who do u mean?

• DJ Johnny

RaiderReggie Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Me too. I was thinking the same thing. I heard Palmer say that again after the game. I heard DA say it too.

They’re right. They “do” have to get better. Just do it and stop talking about it.

• RaiderSam

The Beeech Dawg Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    The Beeech Dawg Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 3:35 pm

KoolKell Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Dennis Allen revealed Monday that the Raiders “have discussed” giving Terrelle Pryor a chance to play down the stretch….sounds good to me!!
    ———————–
    He said the same thing at one of his earlier pressers.

———–

K-Rat, if the Raider organization knew you were perving out to all of their pressers, they’d never air them

How big of an old man boner do you get when a new press conference is announced?

Sorry Old Troll, touchy subject, huh? Probably haven’t gotten it up since the 60’s, word

===========

Here you go, Beecham (str8 from Cork)

“I just banned a user that has made a habit of crossing the line on a continual basis. This wasn’t a one-time thing. I banned a couple other users in recent weeks for doing likewise.
    Your participation and patronage are much appreciated. This is a wonderful forum for everyone to comment, vent, pass along insight, etc. However, there’s no room for profane language, insults and other stuff that clearly crosses the line of decency and respect.
    So, please, do your part to keep this blog alive and make it enjoyable for everyone.
    If you feel as if someone is in violation of the aforementioned guidelines, please, contact me at any time, and I will address the matter.

Contact me at: scorkran@bayareanewsgroup.com

YOU ARE NOW ON NOTICE.

• RaiderSam

Seymour Bush Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:16 pm
    beechams gay lover Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

anyone seen beech dawg? he was the caboose in a train with these el salvadorans. he must be sore and sleeping
    ———————————————
    Sore from bending over like a four leaf clover, singing Am I Blue.

————————–

^^^^^^^

Days are numbered….step your game up, please.

Contact me at: scorkran@bayareanewsgroup.com

YOU ARE NOW ON NOTICE.

• RaiderSam

RaiderRockstar Says:
    November 26th, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    I wouldn’t just play Pryor, I’d freaking START him against the Brownies – from his home state of Ohio

Palmer showed us what he’s made of versus Cincy imo
    ======

Nah. His real shows were against the Steelers and the Chargers on NFL Network.

Pryor is childish…seen him dancin on the sidelines, chewing gum in the Press conferences….

People are projecting wishful thinking…..you’ll see. He can break a few runs, maybe some completions, but he floats the ball doesnt push it with velocity.

We can at least see what he’s got, though.

• Pingback: Report: Raiders discussing Using Terrelle Pryor In Various Packages | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

• Pingback: Report: Raiders discussing Using Terrelle Pryor In Various Packages « thacover2

• oakraidermike-NY

Amen to RaiderReggie & DJ Johnny. “We’ve got to get this fixed.” “We’ve got to get better at that.” “We’re going to continue to work.” “We’re all accountable…” Sick of the same old stuff every single week. The kicker is that he doesn’t know how to fix it!!!!

• Pingback: Terrelle Pryor use discussed by Oakland Raiders | US 24 TV

• Pingback: Raiders talking about using Terrelle Pryor » Pro Football Zone

• dvrick

Report: Raiders Discussing Trading DMAC To Seahawks in Various Packages | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline Says:
    November 27th, 2012 at 7:32 am
    [...] Contra Costa Times is reporting that head coach Dennis Allen is seriously thinking about different ways to trade Dmac to Seahawks [...]