McClain not at practice today for ‘team-related issues’

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 at 1:26 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said at his daily news conference today that middle linebacker Rolando McClain wasn’t at practice today because of “team-related issues.”
When asked for more specifics, Allen declined.
“No more details, no more comments, just team-related issues,” Allen said.
It’s also unclear whether McClain will be back anytime soon. Allen said “I don’t know that” when asked if McClain would be back at practice Thursday.
If McClain doesn’t play Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, Omar Gaither likely would get the nod. He is a seasoned veteran that is versatile enough to play inside or outside.

• BabySlash

Norco Bob is playing with you guys…. He and the rest of us know that Alex Smith sucks. He’s just acting out because of pain

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KRAWFDADD Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Team got worse under Jackson because he did 1 thing he shouldnt have done and let Breshnahan call the D.
    ===================================

How’s about half the season when he scored NO SECOND HALF POINTS! Was that Bresnahan’s fault too?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Maybe McClain got suspended for using speed.

• hwnrdr

Sorry that post was based on the Jags game…we win, we lose the Babin deal!

• YoungAmerican

But if they had him in the fold they could work out a deal for another year at least.

The guy had 18 sacks last yr. and 12 the prior yr.

Only 5 this yr. but that is more than ANYONE we have currently.

Are we hoping to get a 20 sack guy, who is young..and cheap?

Good luck w/ that.

===================

If it was up to me, I’d just wait until the offseason. Build through the draft in a pass rusher-heavy class. If you’re going to spend money do it on younger, cheaper players who can bolster depth at other positions.

Just don’t see the point in taking on substantial guaranteed money in 2013 on a one-dimensional 33-year-old player.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“maybe he is running laps somewhere…”

LMFAO I forgot who I was talking about he is “Jogging” laps not “Running” laps

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Scott Sullivan ‏@ScottSully24
    If the Raiders do cut Rolando McClain it’s like Christmas came early for me #YEAAAAAAH
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Ghosttoothepost Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ghosttoothepost Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

#68
    Yes, lmfao.
    You’re labeled as a racist.

So you cut and paste the definition of RACE?

Not about racism, but race?

You’re rather clueless, in general, aren’t you?
    ============

cross poster do you not speak english?

Race is the root word of racist and racism

They are inseparable mr wizard, like run and running.

you must have been absent from school that day
    ==============================================
    Wow. You really are an idiot.
    The word race, and racism are the same?
    You get challenged on your racism, you post the definition of RACE, and then state they are one and the same?
    How can you be this stupid?

Race: a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.

Racism: hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

And to your small narrow bigoted mind the above are the same?

And you wonder why everyone picks on you, ad nauseam?

This would be more entertaining, if only it weren’t so easy.
    ===========

what an idiot

is the word race the root of racism?

Ism is a suffix appended to the word race.

There could be no racism, if a system of classification for humans called race did not exist in the first place.

Like drink and drinking, stop and stopping and so on.

you cant be this stupid.

wow this is clearly either mac20 or mr, they are the only ones that refuse to acknowledge basic concepts in order to further there baseless arguments.

give it up

Any action, practice, or belief that reflects the racial worldview—the ideology that humans are divided into separate and exclusive biological entities called “races,” that there is a causal link between inherited physical traits and traits of personality, intellect, morality, and other cultural behavioral features, and that some “races” are innately superior to others. Racism was at the heart of North American slavery and the overseas colonization and empire-building activities of some western Europeans, especially in the 18th century. The idea of race was invented to magnify the differences between people of European origin in the U.S. and those of African descent whose ancestors had been brought against their will to function as slaves in the American South. By viewing Africans and their descendants as lesser human beings, the proponents of slavery attempted to justify and maintain this system of exploitation while at the same time portraying the U.S. as a bastion and champion of human freedom, with human rights, democratic institutions, unlimited opportunities, and equality. The contradiction between slavery and the ideology of human equality, accompanying a philosophy of human freedom and dignity, seemed to demand the dehumanization of those enslaved. By the 19th century racism had matured and the idea spread around the world. Racism differs from ethnocentrism in that it is linked to physical and therefore immutable differences among people.– miriam webster

racism is not an emotion it is a system dumbass

• BabySlash

McCheese is probably “jogging” while the rest of the team practices

• YoungAmerican

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Babin would have been a good TRADE CHIP this offseason. Probaly at least a 3-4th rounder .

==================

If the Eagles knew Babin had that kind of value he would have either been gone before the trade deadline, or they would have held onto him until the offseason.

• Marks hair

Yup….. we should have done the FIRESALE.. babin and the top pick could be ours.. told you nerds..

• Al_is_theraiders

wow just when i thought things couldnt possibly get worse…glad im not playing against a trent richardson ffl team…

• big pep

McClain is j-mac #2, fat lazy idiot who got payed and now doesnt care. cut his sorry assss. i want heads to start rolling. McClain would be a good start then Krapp can follow in his footsteps.

• http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders Silverandblack666

“Maybe McClain got suspended for using speed.”

YOu did it you put McClain and Speed in the same sentence!

• DJ Johnny

55, I respect your opinion YA as always, but i have heard he is more “middle of the road” on run d than a liability.

I’m encouraged they at least tried to make the team better by at least going through the motions of putting in a claim.

Although it may have been just for show and figured they wouldn’t get him anyway.

After DA publicly stated “We don’t have pass rushers” I think they had to at least pretend they were willing to address it.

• BabySlash

Mistic , teach him about the ” defendants of Ham”

• DMAC

I’m just glad I never bought the man’s jersey.

• BabySlash

Descendants

• KRAWFDADD

Didnt have to throw Pryor to the wolves.Knapp could have opened up his playbook or borrowed a few from Saunders for that matter(Im sure he’s got plenty)bring him inhere and there just to get his feet wet and make his adjustment to the speed of the game even if its some slash packages.its bigger than pryor IMO there’s too much firepower and playmakers to be used and Knapp and company wont use them,so Jones isnt good enuff to block and run all season on active squad,bring stewart in 3 days prior to a game and give him touches,man kiss my.Anybody in this blog that finds justice and logic in these kind of actions Let Me Know.Mr Davis was old and power tripping and making questionable decisions.Whats the excuse for our 40 sumthing coach

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine
  • http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

We’re sitting at 3-8. We get blown out every time we step onto the field.
    Our team doesn’t even have an identity!
    And some of you want……..

CONTINUITY?????
    gtfoh
    ========================================

How is this different from the last ten years? Allen and McKenzie inherited a mish-mash of players hardly any of which fit what they are trying to do here. When you have a mish mash of players, you DON’T have an identity. What identity did Jackson’s team have? A bully? More like a bunch of guys who couldn’t practice so they could get their nails done.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    I’m just glad I never bought the man’s jersey.
    —-
    Rihanna did.

• nycraider

YoungAmerican Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

The guy had 18 sacks last yr. and 12 the prior yr.

Only 5 this yr. but that is more than ANYONE we have currently.

Are we hoping to get a 20 sack guy, who is young..and cheap?

Good luck w/ that.

===================

—————
    the only guaranteed money was 1.6 for this year,,doesnt matter anyway..jags got him

• BabySlash

McCheese probably realized that DA is causing him and the rest of the team to regress and popped off

• DJ Johnny

Bad news: We lose out on Babin

Good News: We rid ourselves of the cancer and liability that IS Rolando McClain.

(I hope)

• KRAWFDADD

@ Seymore post my whole post dont cut and paste on me.Did I not say not having someone to spell Mike Bush was on Hue.Dont misconscrew me my man

• inonewordraider

alex smith=jason campbell

• DMAC

Seymour Bush Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:48 pm

We’re sitting at 3-8. We get blown out every time we step onto the field.
    Our team doesn’t even have an identity!
    And some of you want……..

CONTINUITY?????
    gtfoh
    ========================================

=========

A guy that managed to get his nails done during the season still has a better winning record, than DA.
    Thats a fact jack!
    LMAO

• Ghosttoothepost

I suspect the real reason TP hasn’t seen a lot of snaps is quite simple.

You have to shine in practice before you get the chance to step on the field during a game. Many who shine in practice (no contact on qb’s)struggle mightily when in a game.
    Can’t recall someone who looked bad in practice, be inserted into a game, who then shined.

I suspect DA’s comments about how TP is getting better, and is working hard, but isn’t quite there yet, means what it says. He’s just not ready.

Others have pointed out, correctly, that a qb’s bad play many times leads to injuries to other players, especially badly thrown balls.

TP will get his chance, and the team should wisely pick that chance when he has the best opportunity to look good, and help the team.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

KRAWFDADD Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:01 pm

=====================================

Sorry, you know your stuff.

• BabySlash

This regime makes Al seem sane

• DMAC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    I’m just glad I never bought the man’s jersey.
    —-
    Rihanna did.
    =======

She must really like dem Raiders.
    Wasn’t she fking DMAC last year?

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

Speculation on twitter is that McClain was going to be cut to make room for Babin.

• The_Judge37

McClain, Huff and Kelly need to be cut. Especially before their bad habits begin to rub off on guys like Burris, Houston and Branch is already catching some of Huff’s bad tackling tendencies.

• Al_is_theraiders

what does DA know? Seems to me his answers are always…”I dont know that…”

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Thats a fact jack!
    LMAO
    =======================================

Not at the end of the season he didn’t.

• http://raiders.com Albert Bigelow Paine

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    I’m just glad I never bought the man’s jersey.
    —-
    Rihanna did.
    =======

She must really like dem Raiders.
    Wasn’t she fking DMAC last year?
    ——-
    I don’t know. You were there, not me.

• YoungAmerican

DJ Johnny Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

==============

I don’t know, the Eagles were rotating him out on 1st and 2nd down in favor of Hunt, Graham, and Curry. He has a great first step, but I see him losing contain a lot because he doesn’t have much of a counter move, especially when he’s already shot upfield.

Maybe he would have helped. But if he can’t make an impact on a defense as bad as the Eagles’, I’m not sure how he’d do it on a much worse defense.

• DMAC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

=========

I think he’s going to be cut and be replaced by his ex-teammate from Bama.

• DJ Johnny

DA is losing the team.

This is the first sign.

Rolando is revolting against the new regime.

Who’s next?

• DMAC

Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

DMAC Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    I’m just glad I never bought the man’s jersey.
    —-
    Rihanna did.
    =======

She must really like dem Raiders.
    Wasn’t she fking DMAC last year?
    ——-
    I don’t know. You were there, not me.
    =======

lmao
    I’m the Mexican/Peruvian DMAC.

• DutchRaider77

51.BabySlash Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

________________________________________________________

Wonder what Method would say to picking up ex-fairy-niner Alex Smith…

• BabySlash

Judge . Why cut Huff ? He’s the best CB we have

• DMAC

Maybe Mcjogger and Kell can jog Alameda beach in the mornings now.

• The_Judge37

Hue was doing well until Al died and they gave him GM capabilites. He began making roster moves and talent evaluation rather than just be a Coach. If Reggie could’ve just come in and keep Hue in check, then i believe he would’ve been a good coach.

• YoungAmerican

=========================

You’re right, my bad. Thought he had a $4 million bonus after this season, but that was already paid by the Eagles this season.

• KRAWFDADD

Trust me I do@ Seymore I’ve been following and rooting since the Jim Plunkett,Marc Wilson days.and in hindsight some of Mr Davis moves as Ive gotten older make me say damm.Especially with Marcus.But thats for another day mane…..

• DMAC

Seymour Bush Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Thats a fact jack!
    LMAO
    =======================================

Not at the end of the season he didn’t.
    ======

Ok man
    smh

• DutchRaider77

83.Albert Bigelow Paine Says:
    November 28th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

________________________________________________________

I heard he pistol-whipped D. Allen….he deserved it.

• DMAC