Steve Corkran

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaidingTexas Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:19 pm
    KoolKell Says:

I thought Al should have drafted him.

———————————————-

I said that before the 2008 college season ended. But then again, I’m a biased Tech fan.
    ———————-
    He was always the more accomplished WR. The guy can catch, imagine that.

• Marks hair

I think it helped reece.. reggie wont try to lowball him again if he likes seeing his matchup nightmare on the field.. big mistake lowballing your studs.. what does that say to players? Lowball romac and branch next time.

• Relentless

What? Wr’s are supposed to catch?

• J Hill

I know I wanted Peterson over Russell, Glen Dorsey over McFadden, Ray Maulauga over DHB, and Jason Pierre Paul over 55.

I think I was pretty much on board with all the other picks.

• realtruraider

You have to know what your watchin first and if you think we ran ZBS only 80% of the time early on in the season than I will take all your BS with a grain of salt

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Relentless Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:27 pm

What? Wr’s are supposed to catch?
    ————————
    Yeeeep, who’d a thunk?

• realtruraider

looks like you would be batting .500, which is average for any GM in the 1st round believe it or not

• RaidingTexas

KoolKell Says:

He was always the more accomplished WR. The guy can catch, imagine that.

———————————-

When Leach was at Tech, they trained WRs by putting them in a big sandbox and firing tennis balls from a pitching machine. It seemed to pay off. I don’t remember any other decade where they turned out at least three NFL WRs(Welker, Crabtree, Amendola).

Maybe the Raiders need to try that.

• Marks hair

Id have to go back.. but the highlights were obvious to most.. either ely or big ben.. would have been ben. Megaton.. crabs or the blindside kid.. peterson.. the big name cornerstone ofensive players were obvious.. once you stack a few studs all you need is bulls on the los.

• Relentless

Greg Knapp is a pos. He wasn’t wanted in Seattle or Houston and look at them now. When DA hired Knapp he gave up the season before it started.

• RaidingTexas

J Hill Says:

I know I wanted Peterson over Russell

—————————————

AP turned out to be worth it, but there was understandably a lot of concern over his injuries in college. I strongly advocated taking Calvin in that draft.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

RaidingTexas Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    KoolKell Says:

He was always the more accomplished WR. The guy can catch, imagine that.

———————————-

Maybe the Raiders need to try that.
    ————————
    Interesting.

• J Hill

So Belecheat picked up Aquib Talib???

LOL

55 will be playing somewhere next year too.

• Marks hair

Wow sf messing up.. lol

• realtruraider

The Raiders aren’t horrible in the drops department, well maybe the last couple games put them in the middle of the pack but…….

• morilla

Kaps first big mistake, could mean the ball game.

• J Hill

——————————————————————————–

LOL

True.

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Browns 30
    Raiders 17

T!ts says we need to get better
    Reggie says he inherited two 8-8 teams & he can’t improve on that. He was forced to gut the offense & sign the Great Biesel.
    Mark wonders if he should trust his gut & fire T!ts.

• Marks hair

62. Wowe wowe wowe…. that sounds like coaching.. do we do that?

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

another call for the whiners

• realtruraider

I guess we are tied with the Pats for 10th in most dropped passes with 25. Chargers are 32nd with only 10, lol that has really helped them out

• Just Win Baby

Dennis Allen won’t be fired yet, but when he does get fired you will see Rob Ryan as the next head coach before you ever see Jon Gruden.

• RaiderRetribution

McFadden close to returning, well it appears Dennis has picked up one trait from Hue.

• Relentless

If we lose today I’m gonna beat my wife.

• Just Win Baby

Relentless Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    If we lose today I’m gonna beat my wife.

=========
    Let me finish plowing her first. loser.

• RaidO

Looks like the 49ers found themselves a QB

• Raider Riff

RaidingTexas Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    J Hill Says:

I know I wanted Peterson over Russell

—————————————

———

I knew AP would be the ticket.

I was training with a few NFL guys at the time. They all knew that once he reached the NFL, the drugs he’d have access too would make his injury plagues go away.

• realtruraider

Cruz and Jimmy Graham lead the league with 9 drops, Myers leads the Raiders with 7 followed by Moore with 6

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

Just Win Baby Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:43 pm

======

He would be better than T!ts

• Relentless

Someone doesn’t understand sarcasm. Think about it, but don’t hurt yourself.

• alex7

Raiding Texans

you don’t think Geno Smith is a legit QB prospect worth building the future around?

Accurate as heck, rocket arm, smart decision-making, definitely worth a 1st round pick.

Similar package to Rodgers coming out of Cal.

• RaidingTexas

Just Win Baby Says:

——————————-

Dallas fans will gladly pay for his one-way plane ticket to Oakland.

• morilla

RaidO Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    Looks like the 49ers found themselves a QB

——-

Alex has been Wally Pipped.

• realtruraider

——————————————————

Yep. Gruden will never coach in the NFL again, he will coach in college

• alex7

Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Maclin, Britt…

and we took the absolute worst one available, without trading down first.

• 303Raider

All time low if we lose. Today.

Al missed on 95% on his 1st round picks. You have to get starters from your 1st rounders.

Al drafted duds, that is why we sux, 10 years of bad drafts = 2012 Raiders!!!

• alex7

Percy Harvin too, I think.

• RaidO

Realtruraider Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm

——————————————————

Yep. Gruden will never coach in the NFL again, he will coach in college
    ———————————–

I think Gruden may be the next coach of Eagles. Looks like Reid will end up being fired. I would take Reid for the Raiders HC job that should be vacant soon.

• morilla

Once, just once I want to see a player point to the ground after he scores. Then when asked after the game why he would say ” I’m a Satanist”. Pin drops.

• realtruraider

DHB > All those WRs except maybe Nicks

• MaddenRaiderisadouchebag

303Raider Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    All time low if we lose. Today.

Al drafted duds, that is why we sux, 10 years of bad drafts = 2012 Raiders!!!

===

Nobody is arguing his draft record, but Hue took it and produced an effective offense with it. Maybe Reggie should have just concentrated on personnel

• Marks hair

I like Gino Smith too.. But a lot of people around here are down on him…

• 303Raider

Crabtree > DHB

• RaidingTexas

Alex7 Says:

——————————————-

He only played against one legitimate defense this season: KSU. And he was absolutely awful in that game.

Funny that all these “draft Geno” comments disappeared during WVU’s five game losing streak. He blows up against the college superpowers Kansas and Iowa State, then all of a sudden those Geno chants come rolling back in again. LMAO

• Marks hair

I would not be surprised if gruden and kiffin sr. were in philly next yr.

• realtruraider

No, Gruden won’t go to Philly…..well unless they make him the highest paid HC ever but doubt any smart GM would do that

• Raider Riff

Marks Hair Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm

——————-

Here’s my picks over the years…
    1996 – Ricky Dudley ….. we could have easily gotten Ray Lewis
    1997 – Darrel Russel…… I wanted Peter Boulware bad!
    1998 – Woodson….. I wanted Moss, and we traded up and almost got him
    1999 – Stinchcomb….. I wanted Dre Bly
    2000 – SeaBass….. I wanted Chad Pennington
    2001 – Derrick Gibson….. we passed on Reggie Wayne, I wanted Drew Brees bad!
    2002 – Nap Harris….. we passed on Ed Reed. Ed fvcking Reed!
    2003 – Nnamdi and Brayton…..I wanted Anquan Boldin…. we drafted Brayton over Unmenyora. We could have had Umenyora and Nnamdi with our first two picks.
    2004 – Gallery……..I wanted Eli, if we couldnt get him, I wanted Fitzgerald. We could have easily had Fitz, Boldin, and Kurt Warner right around this time period. We also drafted Jake Grove instead of Nick Hardwick. SMH. We passed on Jarred Allen and Matt Shaub for Stu Schwiegart. We took Jonnie Morant instead of Michael Turner. This draft was loaded, we were one of the few teams that completely missed the boat.
    2005 – Fabian Washington……..I was ok with Fabian at the time. But we passed on Aaron Rogers, and then took Andrew Walter over Justin Tuck

So if youre keeping score, this is what our team could have looked like in 2005

QB – Warner & Shaub, or Brees
    RB – Michael Turner
    WR – Boldin & Fitz & Moss & Reggie Wayne
    C – Hardwick
    DE – Umenyiora & Tuck
    CB – Nnamdi & Woodson
    DT – Sapp
    MLB – Ray Lewis
    S – Ed Reed

That is a very talented team. But lets keep going…..

2006 – Huff…… I wanted Leinart
    2007 – Russel….. I wanted Adrian Peterson. Calvin Johnson was the easy pick. Darrel Revis and Pat Willis were also available. We really messed up bad here.
    2008 – DMC….. I wanted Dorsey or Chris Long. This was the best draft pick we’d had since Nnamdi. That’s horrible when you think about it.
    2009 – DHB….. I wanted Raji or Orakpo
    2010 – Rolando….. I wanted Suh but we werent in a position to get him. Many here wanted JPP, and you were all right.
    2011 – Seymore via trade….. I was ok with this trade. We could have gotten Andy Dalton but its not like we passed on any great talent.
    2012 – Palmer – I was ok with this trade…. as for our later pick, I wanted a OL. Jury is still out on Bergstrom.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Just about every team could have had a allstar squad if they knew then what they knew now. It just goes to show you what a crap shoot the draft is. Some players pan out, most dont.

• GForce21

RaidingTexas Says:
    December 2nd, 2012 at 12:19 pm

KoolKell Says:

I thought Al should have drafted him.

———————————————-

———————–

That catch against Texas was epic. If you weren’t sold on him then, you just never were going to be. Diva attitude did turn people off though.

• morilla

There is talk of Reid coming to SD.

I say we give Norv a call for OC

• Marks hair

We’re gonna draft defense anyway..