By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 at 2:41 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Some post practice and locker room notes before moving on to the print product . . .
– Raiders coach Dennis Allen wasn’t shedding any light on the details of what went on regarding the suspension of Rolando McClain. Allen did say, however, McClain had been informed he was being demoted to being a substitute linebacker and special teams player, and that’s the role he will continue in moving forward.
In other words, McClain got angry at the news he wasn’t starting _ he’d already lost his spot in the nickel defense before the Atlanta game _ and that precipitated the incident.
McClain was not present during the open locker room period.
Allen did not directly respond to McClain’s Facebook rants _ one of them had to do with playing for a “real team” _ saying things are said in the heat of the moment.
– Defensive tackle Richard Seymour practiced for the second straight day and Allen expects him to play. Seymour said his condition is about “same as Monday.”
– Allen said he expected Terrelle Pryor to play against Kansas City. Pryor has been active and had a set of plays to run in each of the last two games but hasn’t played.
– Defensive tackle Christo Bilukidi (illness) and strong safety Tyvon Branch (neck, ankle) did not particpate in practice.
– No worries about running back Darren McFadden _ he was a full participant in practice.