1,335

Raiders-Chiefs game will be televised

Sunday’s game between the Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs will be televised locally, a Raiders spokesman said.
The Raiders on Thursday were granted a one-day extension in an effort to sell enough tickets to satisfy the league’s blackout policy. The Raiders reached the 85 percent threshold in time to avert a second blackout this season.
This marks the seventh time in eight games this season that the Raiders will be televised. The figure stands at 15 of 16 over the past two seasons.

Steve Corkran

• lefty12

2rome-I didn’t fire HJ.I had no say in whether or not he returned or not.I would have liked to see him get another year.I hate the idea of changing coaches every year.I just refuse to say if we had kept him we’d have been this great team.1-4 the last 5 games when it really mattered last year isn’t forgotten,at least with me.BTW,did you feel the same way when Cable wasn’t brought back after he brought the team from a 5-11 record to an 8-8 record?

• Kiwi_Blade

2romes Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I have not one good thing to say about DA right now. Do You?

————————

He got us a top 3 draft pick.

• eastoaklandraider

Lefty12 Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:03 pm
    D-Moore=playmaker.LMFAO,he can’t even run his routes properly or consistently catch the ball.That is why he was BENCHED a couple of games ago.McFadden can’t play more than 4-5 games without getting hurt.Reese is a good player,but he isn’t a game changing playmaker.Once again you show you know NOTHING.You are a typical young know-it-all.The more you speak,the more you show how little you know.ROTFLMAO
    ————–

Moore Ran the proper Routes last year and was one of the most exciting rookies of the year and a tough cover=Playmaker

DMC while oft-injured was on pace to be the leading rusher and was starting to garner the attn of best back in the leauge=playmaker

Reece put the team on his back while the other backs were out and made play after play in the run and passing game and is a mismatch nightmare when used properly=playmaker

you can now return to your regular scheduled program of Archie Bunker and Dukes a hazzard.

• r8eray

Kiwi_Blade Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:12 pm
    2romes Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I have not one good thing to say about DA right now. Do You?

————————

He got us a top 3 draft pick.

==============

He’s got a nice pair?

Lol…

• jackasspuria

2romes

From the pictures when he was hired, DA appears to have a wonderful family. By all accounts, a loving wife and two wonderful children.

• r8eray

Peace out my ninjas…I’m out!!!

Foe cheezy!!

• 2romes

You guys just add fuel to the fire by saying Hue need not do enough as a Rookie head coach, record 8-8 but want the majority of the Raider fans to give you support in your decision of DA/ reggie. That is unfair to the Raiders fans and players that thought the Raiders were close. The new regime did not show patiences then and I don’t have patiences now!!!!

• jackasspuria

2romes

Have no choice. None of us on this board has the power to hire or fire.

Have to roll with Mark Davis’ decisions — he is the one who hired Reggie McKenzie — because he is the owner of the Oakland Raiders.

We all could express our frustrations, but, in the end, we hardly matter to Raider decision makers.

I have no choice but to follow the Raiders. They are the team I have a passion for, for better or worse.

• eastoaklandraider

Lefty12 Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:10 pm
    ————–

All Hue haters ever talk about is 1-4 down the stretch, do they forget that Detroit Lions game where we had the game locked up? Do they forget the debacle at home against Denver where we were up 2 scores and in control of the game? do they forget the drive we gave up against Buff with the game on the line? do they forget in the finale against SD CP damn near threw for 500 yards and we couldnt force 1 punt? But yeah we’ll just remember 1-4 down the stretch. Haters with agendas period.

• eastoaklandraider

Question that no one can answer, how would we look with carson and Dmac in hues scheme? And thats what truly pisses me off.

• jackasspuria

Eastoaklandraider

I know what Hue brought to the table, offensively.

I am/was more curious to see who Hue would have picked to run the defense and what kind of scheme that bad boy would have deployed.

• beach

You guys that are whining are embarrassing yourselves! We had an 8-8 record and the worst defense in the NFL. All we were close to was winning the worst division in the NFL. No chance of winning a playoff game. Reggie did the best he could with few draft picks. My only complaint and I said it at the time was to keep Michael Bush. I would have tried to trade Seymour.

• stablersbeard

I was excited about the prospect that Reggie would turn this franchise into a respected, sensible, successful football operation. Throughout the first part of the season, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt considering the condition of the roster that he took over.
    I’m now forced to believe that my hope was mis-placed. I’m no longer expecting him to improve our situation.
    I’m starting to think that maybe he’s more suited to be a shrimp-boat captain like Bubba from Forrest Gump. Who he imitates in pressers.
    But…. How on Earth did he last so long in Green Bay?

I just don’t get it…

• DJ Johnny

eastoaklandraider Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:01 pm
    If I’m the owner I give DA 1 more year and I watch closely and see the moves he makes in the offseason. Does he fire Knapp? Does he fire the ST coach? Does he place a premium on protecting Carson Palmer our big investment and getting the run game back where it should be?

Yes, and most importantly DOES HE WIN GAMES?

We have a couple posters who are defending DA by saying yes..the Knapp decision was an error but have assured us that he will ABSOLUTELY fix that by firing him immediately after the season ends.

I am not so sure Knapp is going anywhere.

• DJ Johnny

Wow. Samuel L. Jackson just dropped the f bomb on SNL.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

What is all the arguing about Hue supposed to accomplish?

He’s gone. He’s not coming back. All this was debated last offseason.

I can’t believe the Chiefs game sold out. The city of Oakland has no one but themselves to blame for the mess on the field.

Fire Knapp now!

• lefty12

Who said HJ shouldn’t have been given another year?You guys keep trying to make this a HJ vs DA thing.It isn’t.Why is that so difficult for people to understand?TYou say HJ should have been given another year-fine,agreed.I say DA should be given another year because I’m tired of changing coaches every year-you say he shouldn’t because HJ wasn’t.

• beach

We will all know by this time next season if Reggie is doing a good job. Need patience right now, my friends!

• jackasspuria

Back-N-Black

Exactly.

Hubris is gone.

And yes, I can’t believe the game sold out!

• eastoaklandraider

Beach Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:31 pm
    ————-

Guess you didnt see Den beat a wounded Pitt sqaud last year.

• eastoaklandraider

————–

This doesnt infuriate anyone else?

• lefty12

It is very easy to see who has the AGENDA here.Looking at you know-it-all.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Reggie’s results speak for themselves.

• 2romes

jackasspuria, most of us are trying to get on board with with new management but when we are hearing how bad Hue performed and did not live up to you standard and the new management is doing much worst the support you want form me won’t be given.

• beach

I checked out on this season after the Ravens game. I knew it was over at 3-6. Dennis Allen is a big question mark in my book. Like I’ve said, bring back Gruden, or Allen gets 1 more year to prove himself!

• DKnight007

This coaching staff is not taking this team anywhere fellas.

We need a Gruden to turn this ship around and compete with Denver for the division.

• beach

Denver had a defense and deserved to win the division. Do not give me that garbage that our lousy team could have won a playoff game last year. No way in heck!

• eastoaklandraider

Its hard not to bring up Hue when imo he had us on the right track and trending upward, I would have felt the same way if we would have fired Gruden after his second 8-8 season. Al woundnt have fired Hue like he didnt fire Gruden.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Eastoak is right.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Hue got screwed.

FIRE REGGIE NOW.

• eastoaklandraider

Beach Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:45 pm
    ————-

We beat Pitt this year for Gawd sakes!!! how come we couldnt have beaten them with Ben on 1 leg? And the ONLY reason Den beat us is because our D imploded.

• DKnight007

Back-n-Black Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

What is all the arguing about Hue supposed to accomplish?

He’s gone. He’s not coming back. All this was debated last offseason.

Fire Knapp now!

^^^^^^^^
    Chiefs game did not sell out.

Bet you maybe 35-40k actually show up tomorrow.

The Raiders bought and the remaining tix to get to 85% and they have those tix away to family, friends and charity and to local orgs and schools.

• 2romes

The concept of being 8-8 and almost playoff bound in a so called weak division does not excite you. I bet denver is excited. And you know you appear to be brighter than that but maybe that concept is a bit much for you.
    ——————-.———————————–
    Beach Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:31 pm
    ————-

• lefty12

We need Gruden …Yes,and we need Stabler to be 40 years younger.We need Branch and Freddy B to be 40 years younger.We need Tooz,Big Ben,Otis,and Hendricks too.We need Bo 100% healthy.But guess what-none of those things will happen.

• beach

If the argument is Hue is better than Dennis Allen, you guys may be right. But Hue would have us at 5-8 right now, at best.

• DKnight007

eastoaklandraider Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:45 pm

^^^^^^^^
    Yeah. Hue just needed to be allowed to find a proper and legit DC.

Any of you hear of that clown “Guru” on 95.7fm the game?

He won lucky break because he hated on Hue big time and he is actually on the air??

No credibility.

• DKnight007

beach Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

^^^^^^^^
    Nah. Hue would have hired a better DC than both DA and Tarver combined.

The offense would probably be even better than it was last year with Carson full time in Hue’s system ahead of Campbell.

• beach

Denver with Peyton Manning is a legit Super Bowl contender. Don’t even compare this lousy team we support with them. Some of you are delusional. Please, face reality!

• stablersbeard

The best I can say about Reggie is that he didn’t get sidetracked going after high priced free agent flops like Larry Brown, Randy Moss, Warren Sapp or Deangelo Hall.

It’s always possible to shuffle salaries to create the cap room you need to make a move, and I’m glad he didn’t give in to the temptation.

• eastoaklandraider

Lefty12 Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:42 pm
    It is very easy to see who has the AGENDA here.Looking at you know-it-all.
    ————

Thats all you got old man? that and 1-4 down the stretch? LOL. I understand your argument is weak I would go that route too if my argument was so weak.

• beach

There is not a man alive who could coach this lousy defense we have!

• DKnight007

jackasspuria Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Eastoaklandraider

I know what Hue brought to the table, offensively.

^^^^^^^^
    Hue would have probably hired an assistant from Ravens, Cinncy, Jets or Pitts staffs to be his DC.

• DKnight007

Hue would have got this team to fight though and not quit.

DA, Knapp, Hoffman, Pollack and Tarver lost these players before the season even started!

• 2romes

If 8-8 is SOOOooooo easy how come the Raiders are not even sniffing at the record? There could be a possibility we could be looking at this record for a long time. Change don’t always mean change is for the better.
    ——————————————————-

1135.beach Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

• eastoaklandraider

Lefty12 Says:
    December 15th, 2012 at 9:49 pm
    ————–

THERE IT IS, THERE IT IS, THE OLD MAN STILL STUCK IN THE 70′S.LOL

• DKnight007

Once they knew Bush was gone, then Reece should have replaced him immediately.

Knapp couldn’t even get that right.

• DKnight007

You guys ready for the Toilet Bowl tomorrow?? haha

• eastoaklandraider

CP3,DMAAC,HUE=PLAYOFFS.

• jackasspuria

2romes

Never stated that I ‘wanted’ your support.

You have to make that decision for yourself.

Jump off or stay on the train.

I, for better or worse, am staying on.

Watched the team for too many years to simply leave.

• DKnight007

I just saw Reece and Crawford at Zacharys Pizza in San Ramon.

They just chillin getting pizza….could have sworn I heard one of them taking jabs at one of the coaches though.

Not surprising.