Final: Raiders 15, Chiefs 0

The Raiders snapped a six-game losing streak the old-fashioned way Sunday, dominating both sides of the line of scrimmage and riding five field goals by Sebastian Janikowski to a 15-0 win over the Kansas City Chiefs at O.co Coliseum.

It was Oakland’s first win since Oct. 28, also against Kansas City, and the first home victory since a 26-23 overtime win over Jacksonville on Oct. 21.

The Raiders improved to 4-10 in their home finale with a stifling defensive effort against a poor Kansas City team which fell to 2-12 and has the inside track on the top pick in the NFL draft.

It was the first shutout by the Raiders since a 24-0 win over the Chiefs in the 2002 regular-season finale, the year they won the AFC championship and advanced to the Super Bowl.

Janikowski converted 5 of 6 field goals attempts from distances of 20, 50, 57, 30 and 41 yards and also missed from 51 yards.

Quarterback Carson Palmer completed 18 of 29 passes for 178 yards but was unable to get the Raiders in the end zone despite playing most of the game with advantageous down and distance.

What the Raiders lacked the ability to turn yardage into touchdowns, they controlled the game and the clock in a game that was never really in doubt.

Running back Darren McFadden rushed for 110 yards on 30 carries to lead a 201-yard rushing attack, the Raiders’ biggest output of the season. Backup running back Mike Goodson contributed 89 yards on 13 carries.

Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn often didn’t have time to throw _ he was sacked four times _ and was inept when he did have receivers in the clear. Quinn was 18 of 32 for 136 yards and one interception by Joselio Hanson.

The Chiefs didn’t record their initial first down until 5:30 remained in the first quarter, at which time Oakland already had 16 first downs. Running back Jamal Charles had just 10 yards on nine carries, accounting for all of Kansas City’s rushing yardage.

At halftime, the Raiders led only 9-0 on Janikowski’s first three field goals but had piled up a 198-17 advantage in total offense.

The Raiders looked to be headed into the half leading onl 6-0 after Janikowski missed from 51 yards away, but the Chiefs took all of 32 seconds to go three-and-out and give the Raiders the ball back with 56 seconds left from their own 9-yard line.

From there, quarterback Carson Palmer completed passes of 9 and 15 yards to Rod Streater and 7 yards each to Darren McFadden and Denarius Moore. A 14-yard strike To Brandon Myers with nine seconds left in the half enabled Janikowski to connect from 57 yards just before halftime.

The Raiders finish the season on the road with games at Carolina and San Diego.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• 0ak r8rs

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 8:11 pm
    At the end of the day, there are some interesting and smart bloggers on her with great insight about the game but not one, will ever know how to accurately breakdown and evaluate a college or NFL player. Nobody in the NFL takes advice from a blog.

I’m worried that some of you might hurt yourselves if Pryor doesn’t get enough snaps in the reg season and gets traded.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Christ. I hope nobody thinks that. I wanna see Pryor play too, but not because he is better than Palmer, or even in the same class frankly. But it’s for the same reasons I wanna see Jones and Ausberry play. I wanna see if they r any good. And I don’t trust knapp or DA to evaluate whether or not they r any good just from practice reps on the 3rd team. And I don’t wanna let them walk away without even seeing if they r any good under real game circumstances and see then flourish somewhere else. I’ve seen enough of that over the last 25 years. Yea, we’ve cut some bums. But we’ve lost some gems too. And yea, every team can say that, but we can’t afford anymore mistakes. I’m 44. I’m hoping for another playoff appearance before I’m dead. Any more mistakes, Washington, Russell, DHB and gallery instead of Rodgers, megatron or Crabtree? I can’t take any more AD shlt. I just hope the DA shlt is better. Not looking too good right now.

• 2-14

alex, you can infer all that from three plays? you know schit about football

• REALLIONAIREB

HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!

YOU PLAY….TA WIN THE GAME!!!

• dr_robert

2-14 Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 9:59 pm
    been designing plays all week, huh? two hand offs and a patented Nap slant into triple coverage… what a joke this staff is.
    ***********

so, u saw the strings too! i knew knapp had strings attached to pryor and forced him to throw that crappy pass into tight coverage! no way could the wave of the future, spage-age, cheetah-running qb with questionable passing skills from OSU do that on his own.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I want to see if this Defense can stop Scam Newton next week since they are all like a Playoff type defense now.

They were swarming everywhere today. Lets see next week.

• 2romes

I don’t think Pryor is the answer for the Raiders future but to confirm it he needs to play meaningful games.Allen needs to win games to gain confidence as well so it is a slippery slope. If coach Allen thinks he needs these games to evaluate the best players on Raiders to make crucial decisions like who to keep and to let go for his sake let it be. If Pryor is good enough the Raiders will keep him and make him the back up to Palmer and he will be Ready to go next year.

• dr_robert

Gdog Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 10:12 pm
    A shut out win and all I see here is whining and people ready to jump off a bridge because they didn’t get to see more of Pryor.

**************

this is what it has come to. pryor has hypnotized the room. he could make them all flap their wings and squawk like chickens if he wanted to.

• dr_robert

0ak R8rs Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 10:28 pm
    ***********************

u know how most nfl fans know if a player on their team sucks? they can tell immediately by how they never see the field, since they know that nfl coaches will use any weapon they have to help them win.

translation if u haven’t already deciphered it:

ausberry, jones, and pryor apparently haven’t done enough good things in practice or when they play to merit putting them in games more often, according to these coaches. come to think of it, besides a play here or there, they haven’t exactly blown me away either. we know they are SUPPOSED to possess great skills cuz that’s what we were told when they were drafted.

do we really think this staff is secretly holding down these players from being amazing for some reason we can’t know about?

• Gdog

2romes Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 10:32 pm

>>>>

I think its pretty clear the guy has no clue what he is doing and this coaching staff is hitching their wagon to CP instead. I’d do the same thing if I were them duh.

That said, I will keep repeating, there is no reason that Pryor can’t have 3 to 5 plays in short yardage for a wildcat package. If nothing else it gives a DC something extra to prepare for.

Its not like CP is knocking it out of the park in goal line situations…

• DJ Johnny

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 10:26 pm
    It has nothing to do with Pryor. This win was a fools gold game if i Ever seen one.

It was straight comical what the chiefs were doing. Clearly they were just messing around and tried to lose this game. Raiders could only get FG’s lol. Chiefs are horrible.

Lol at Raiders getting all exciting like they were beating someone worth a dayummm. Calm down bro.. u guys beat the chiefs and it was not pretty

I don’t see where anyone is getting excited about beating the Cheifs today. Am I missing something? I scrolled thru most of the posts; and what do you mean by “you guys” beat the Chiefs? Are you referring to the Raider fans…of which you’re saying you are not?

Maybe you are talking about the players? If it’s the players you are referring to i don’t know how you expect them to react. They aren’t gonna walk around all depressed after a win no matter how few they have or who it is against.

I agree. This win was nothing to get all happy go lucky about.

• Gdog

One would think if McK truly wanted to see more of Pryor it would have happened more… there was plenty of mop up time with KC barely moving the ball down 15.

Allen knows his wagon is hitched to CP. I don’t blame him for not messing with it… even though I am selfishly curious to see more what Pryor has too.

These guys are coaching for their careers.

I’m pretty sure they were told more to WIN than to play Pryor. The Pryor Cheerleaders need to figure this out.

He’s a third string QB.

• Gdog

I don’t see where anyone is getting excited about beating the Cheifs today.

>>>

It looks more here like we got beat by 40 points.

Very curious.

Now that we won I hope we win out… these things tend to build momentum!

• 2romes

It is a catch 22 because I think Coach Allen and DA Rookie sense hurt the Raiders right now. There is recorded proof 4-10. If the Raiders don’t get the best player evaluation from the coaches right now, that mean a full evaluation, the whole team may be hurt for years down the road. I really like Ausberry and it pains me to see him not playing!!Jones needs to be seen as well as pryor but Allen is playing his choosen best so let hope he is right on those choices.

• 2romes

By the way the Raiders were supposed to win this game in better fashion. A win is a win though.

• Raider guy

Good lord…what would it have been like in here if we lost? Raider fans…sheesh.

• lefty12

Alias,aka fake KK-you are such a little,immature child.You seem to have a problem with adults.Whats the matter nobody to play with in the whiner blog?You are hilarious.Whenever anyone says anything about your beloved whiners you crawl into the fetal position and cry like the little biotch you really are.LMFAO

• lefty12

2romes Says:
    December 16th, 2012 at 10:59 pm
    ==========================
    Really?We were favored by more than 15?

• lefty12

DJ-watch carefully and they all expose themselves sooner or later.

• 2romes

Lefty12,I was talking about touchdowns instead of field goals. although seabaas is good I wan’t to see better production in the Red Zone.

• lefty12

OK,I agree with that.I like the fact we won in spite of Knapp.My biggest fear is he is retained.

• Pingback: Posts about The Raiders From Other Great Blogs issue #1 | Raiders Central | Oakland Raiders Blog