Seymour, Branch only players not at practice

By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 11:44 am in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive tackle Richard Seymour and strong safety Tyvon Branch are not at practice today. Their status for the Carolina Panthers game is up in the air at this point.
Suffice, Branch has a better chance of playing Sunday than Seymour, given Branch played last Sunday with the same sore ankle that is bothering him today and Seymour has missed the past six games with a hamstring injury.
Wide receiver Juron Criner (hip), tight end Richard Gordon (biceps), cornerback Phillip Adams (concussion) and safety Mike Mitchell (stinger) are at practice despite suffering injuries against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
Not much eles going on at practice today, as the Raiders being their on-field preparation for the Panthers. They practice today, Thursday and Friday before heading to Carolina.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

KoolKell Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:25 pm
    Old times, eh, TJ?
    Priesttj Says:
April 15th, 2010 at 11:00 pm
    You idiots better hope Grads keeps his job because Boller might impress to the point to where Grads is on the outside looking in………period
    Then you’ll all look like fools!! especially when Russell is leading this team to wins and Grads is carry his luggage.
    ——————–
    Imposter.

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Priesttj Says:
April 15th, 2010 at 11:51 pm
    Debo
    I got a strong feeling as well that Russell is going to put on a show this offseason. He’s going take this job early and show why he was drafted #1 overall.
    They think they saw something at his proday if he’s what I think he is we’ll see the reall Russell this season. Just saying…

• r00der

Hmm, no one said you catch a case of the crabs on this blog. I thought this was a Raiders site, but obviously, I stand corrected. It’s the KoolKell Show!!!

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Why did you think Russell would put on a show? Makes no sense. Now we have to backtrack.
    SMH

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

Priesttj Says:
April 16th, 2010 at 10:36 am
    When Russell is the starter and the Raiders are winning I want everyone of you naysayers to line up and sing praises to the Priest of the Blackhole. You dig?
    Not that I’m the one doing the playing but that I told you so……. At that time I will tell you alll what you missed which is so obvious to anyone who really knws what to look for instead of listening to a bunch of people who have never met nor care to know the truth about that kid.
    Now if between now and the start of the season he regresses from where he is right now and gets off track I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong and you can have your say.
    Agreed????????

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

You ever apologize for the above, Priest?
    Now might be a good time. SMH

• http://www.raiders.com KoolKell

r00der Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

=====

• Dakota

Anyone cut, fired or forced into retirement around here yet?

• Priesttj12

If you want to go that route, Kell, care to explain the following?
    You should never have posted this…period!

KoolKell Says:
    January 10th, 2012 at 5:42 pm
    Reggie McKenzie is a dream come true. Mentored by Ron Wolf?!? C’mon.
    Finally, competent football management.
    Soooooo happy. :)

• r00der

BoobKell sez: Shut up, pootbutt. Ask around. I’m a professional blogger. The rest of you are wannabees.

You make a living doing this? That speaks to the ills of this country, doesn’t it. You? A pro? Oh. They give you minimum wage, against a draw. Their computer, too, huh.

• Priesttj12

Dakota Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Anyone cut, fired or forced into retirement around here yet?
    ===================
    You can’t be talking about Kell. You can’t retire if you don’t work. My taxes support him, and honestly it’s a shaem…period!

• Priesttj12

r00der Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

——————
    No one gets paid.
    Kell thinks if you spend a major portion of your day, blogging, that you are a professional blogger. If you spend at least 8 hours a day, you’re a semi-pro.
    I choose to jus be the occasional blogger, and actually have a life.

• omoran

Raider (since 1967)★
    Everything happen to the poor Raiders !
    The Immaculate Reception
    The Snowball in Denver
    Snow game – tick rule ★ New England
    Referees vs Raiders
    More penalties — Tds call back
    Strike over Old referees coming back at Denver game
    Losing draft pics 2012
    Cincinnati Brawl – suspensions and fines

100+ loses in 10 years
    Losing – Al Davis (rip)
    Can get a real coach – Hc.
    2011 – we lose Cambell – trade pics 2012 – for nothing 4- 10 Season
    Lose Offensive Coach – Al Saunders
    New Off Co – Inept Knapp – 14 yrs in NFL for nothing. Never made team better than 10th in offense!
    More players on Disable and always hurt!
    Problems with players conducts and Lack of Respect
    Guns and trials and fights .
    Lose six 6 in a row
    Brown bags in the O.co Stadium and.person suicide from upper levels
    Players not happy not playing with Passion and lack of Control
    Owner’s son hurt by Effort – he did not expect this – show they RETROGRADE
    PLAYERS NOW –at the End want to play .When the battle is lost and the War too !

• DKnight007

McK should trade for Kirk Cousins if anything.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

JONTRAIN Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

+++++++++

First Take has been a race baiting dumbed down show for years. Its more 2 Chainz than Common, which is why i don’t fvuck with it.

And Rob Parker is their puppet. Don’t try and act like he had some well thought out “athletes need to take a stand in politics and address issues in their community” speech. No. He implied that RGII was a Tom on national TV. That’s what he said. And this is what they want. Divide and Conquer. if one of us starts getting all “uppity”…they just find one of our own to tear us down.

Let’s be clear: RGIII has a white girlfriend. Me personally, I say so what. Parker says he “might” be a Republican. OK “might” is much different than “is”. And me personally, I say that any person of color who claims Dem OR Repub is lost cuz neither one gives a scheet about us. Its a two headed monster, and they act purely in their own self interest. All the debates and campaigning is pure lip service trying to win an election.

But then, your boy wants to say well, RGIII has braids and thats very urban, it adds to his authenticity. Now he’s just ad-libbing talking directly out of his azz. Braids is authentic, and gets Rob Parker’s seal of approval. Cmon Man.

By the way, RGIII graduated early from Baylor with a 3.6 GPA in Political Science, and is an amazing QB in AND out of the pocket. He is not just articulate, but everything he says is well thought out, unlike your boy Parker. RGIII is doing more to advance our cause than that trained puppet Parker EVER will. If I had a son, I’d point to RGIII to show him how to act…then point out Parker to show him how NOT to act.

The entire show, I’ve felt for years, is predicated on under the surface race-baiting. This time one of their puppets took it to far, and they are feeling the heat…so they will fire him and keep it moving.

I could give 2 schitts whether or not Parker keeps his job. I’d rather know where people stand. And I know where he stands…in the Big Corporate House doing their dirty work. Contributing to the persistent negative stereotypes already present in pop culture. If anybody is the Tom, it’s him.
    ======

i think you missed the point of my post.

The post is not about parker or griffin and has personalpolitics, it was about the questioned raised by parker for all black entertainers.

What is your commitment to your community and your people?

If parker had the where with all to realize the value of that question is beside the point. I agree with you in terms of parkers credibility as well. He may have stumbled into foul territory unknowingly yet the question he raised is valid for black entertainers Including rgIII.

believe me rgIII has been my favorite qb since he stepped onto the field at baylor, i know full well his football talent. I know he is very intelligent and was a great student.

That does not mean he just like any other black man in any field should not answer the question of commitment to your people and community.

• r00der

Priest: “No one gets paid.
    I choose to jus be the occasional blogger, and actually have a life.”

I was referring to his supposed “job” in real estate. It is obvious he has no pull with Jerry Mac or anyone else, the way he is always whining to them on the live blogs. In fact, WHY is it we know so much about this … cretin? This self described token, racist, insulting boob?

• DKnight007

283.Twocents Says:
    December 19th, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Was over at silverandblackpride and one of the articles about possible free agents got me thinking.
    If the Raiders can afford only one, who would take?
    Jake Long or Dwayne Bowe?

^^^^^^^^
    Jake Long…..easily.

Doesn’t matter, we should all know by now the Raiders will NOT be major players in FA.

Not enough money and even if McK did have enough money, he will not overspend, unless it’s on some azz clown ZBS OLinemen like Brisiel! Lol

• Twocents

Mistic, I agree with you in this sense. Society is a fiction, there are only individuals that have to take responsibility for their own lives. Take care of their families and those that they include in their community.
    The illusion that the state will take care of us is a fallacy that is exposed by a cursory glance at history.

• r00der

Mystic sez: “that does not mean he just like any other black man in any field should not answer the question of commitment to your people and community.”

////

This is why the individual is becoming a lost species. Religion, race, politics. Well, tell me the next time the herd invents something, ok? Just what does ANY black man owe you? Got a list?

• papertiger418

Dwayne Bowe! We need a #1 wide receiver who is not a project. Would take a ton of pressure off Myers, Dmoore, Ford, and DHB if he’s still around.

We don’t have a running game and it’s a pass-oriented league. Give Carson a safety blanket.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Priest,

That is deep and verifies what my father told me. i asked him what happened to the movement and he said “we went from revolutionaries to superfly over night”.

I have respect for you priest. i also agree that power is the main issue.

My concern is the condition of black people world wide. We seem to be at the bottom and in the most desperate condition all over the world including here. I do not believe it is simple happen stance.

i think it is constructive for us to try and repair and heal ourselves. as it is clear like hurricane, Katrina no help is coming any time soon.

• papertiger418

We’re moving past traditional group distinctions and into the modern territory of demographics. This shift has a corporate tinge to it that has at its core the necessity for optimal appeal.

As the trend runs its course, those who are stuck in the old traditional mindsets will react against it with more vitriol ie Tea Party and Mistic. Eventually they will be eroded, but in the meantime the traditional idea of community and individual-as-member will persist.

• r00der

Paper, you could be describing the Raiders and the NFL. Political correctness (optimal appeal) has taken over, especially at 1220 and darlin’ Amy. That hit by 33, last week. Tell me there is a football player, or fan, who didn’t love it. THAT was a RAIDER hit, and a victim of “optimal appeal”. Penalty, with probably a fine behind it.
    We (the USofA) from 30,000 ft people in rock huts, machine gun indigenous from helicopters…and this draws a flag? A fine?

The hope is the individual, by definition removed from this madness.

• r00der

correction: “bomb from 30,000′”

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

The bought Bill Cosby’s stand up and tell his brothers to lay down their arms, and go along with Whitey. LaBron stays in the penthouse of hotels owned by Whitey, while he tips his hispanic maid more than the black cook in the kitchen making his salads makes in a week.

======

I’m guessing that the amount of those tips have much less to do with skin color and much more to do with the shapeliness of the maid’s butt.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Phuket

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

penus

• Derek

#153; Tebow is a QB, DA was a DC, how did he and Tebow work so well together. WTT did they do.

Pryor is probably better than Tebow. Tebow blows, thats why the Jets are letting him play after the season was lost. Tebow is as accurate as a watch with a dead battery.

Your claim Tebow and that loser DA worked well together pretty much shows you’re totally clueless.