Seymour, Branch not at practice once again

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 at 11:56 am in Oakland Raiders.

Defensive tackle Richard Seymour and strong safety Tyvon Branch aren’t at practice today for the second straight day. All in all, the Raiders still are relatively healthy for a team about to play its 15th regular-season game.
It’s doubtful that Seymour will play Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, given he has missed the past six games and his injured hamstring isn’t healed enough for him to practice.
Branch’s situation is another matter. He played last Sunday despite missing most of practice leading up to the Kansas City Chiefs game.
It’s likely that things will play out the same this Sunday, with Seymour inactive and Branch playing at less than 100 percent.

– As for playing time Sunday, coach Dennis Allen said he doesn’t expect any lineup changes or the playing time to be much different than it was for the Chiefs game.
“No, it’s going to be pretty similar to what we did last week,” Allen said. “Still getting an opportunity to look at a few guys.”
That doesn’t bode well for quarterbacks Matt Leinart and Terrelle Pryor, running back Taiwan Jones and backup tight ends Richard Gordon and David Ausberry, guys that played sparingly against the Chiefs.
Pryor got on the field for four plays. Well, three plays if you don’t count the false-start penalty to begin his one drive. Pryor handed off twice and then missed wide on a pass for wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey on third down.

– The Raiders get one final shot at winning a game played in the Eastern Standard Time zone this Sunday, when they travel to Charlotte, N.C.
So far, they are 0-4 this season in such games, with losses at Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore and Cincinnati. In 2011, they went 0-2, with losses in Buffalo and Miami. In 2010, they lost both times on the east coast, against Pittsburgh and Miami.
The streak stands at nine straight losses, dating to Dec. 6, 2009, when the Raiders beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh behind a stellar game from quarterback Bruce Gradkowski and wide receiver Louis Murphy.
Since Dec. 15, 2002, the Raiders are 5-26 in games played back east.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

well it looks as if we will have to wait until next pre season to get a real look at pryor. Only it will not be Real game action.

This is a travesty and should add to the case against allens return.

There is no appreciable reason to play palmer in this game or the next. Nothing is on the line other than a chance to improve form 4 to 5 games in the win column.

In my estimation that is not enough reward to fail prudent business and time tested draft strategy of playing young qbs during a non competitive season.

thank goodness Cam newton is playing in this game. otherwise there would be no qbs on the field that would interest me in the slightest or cause me to watch.

Allen, if you get blown out and palmer plays like crap, will it have been worth your selfishness?

PLease satan’s claws….I mean santa cluase, I want allen fired for xmas

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Just called Kane again, Kell. You know, in case you were sitting in the can for the last hour.
    ——————————-
    You’re a lying btch, cause I’m sitting on floor right now answereing phones.

• Marks hair

Fùck these coaches.. getting a 5th win is gonna help us about as much as our 8 wins from last yr have helped us this season..

• DMAC

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Anyone wanna stop by my office and say hi?

1060 West Addison chitown
    ========

You hear that knock on the door?

Its Jon Condo w/ Xmas basket

• R8ER MIKE

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Anyone near 879 Island dr, in alameda?
    Lady said Mike Kelly wasn’t there.
    Maybe he’s in the back, hard at work. Yeah, that’s it.
    Maybe someone in the area can stop in and tell Kell Merry christmas?
    —————————
    What lady? I’m right here.

*********************************
    lol lol.. come on now Alex.You are going to send Kell into full meltdown mode. He is so important at Kane
    the front desk receptionist doesn’t even know he there !! But then again you and I have sold as many houses
    as he has this year.

• LondonAl

tuckrulefool Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:26 pm
    TWO Acceptable outcomes this Sunday…

1. Pryor and other young/unknown non-starters get extensive playing time. Result? We find out what we have (and don’t have) BEFORE GOING INTO THE OFFSEASON. Score/game outcome–> fully irrelevant.

Perhaps that is too logical and I’m expecting too much from the CLOWNE COACHE CADRE (CCC).

2. If this simple ‘plan’ is just too much for the CCC then my second wish is that this ’staff’ oversees a MELTDOWN OF EPIC PROPORTIONS (MEP) on the order of 42-6 in favor of Carolina, followed by a BLOWOUT THAT BELIES COMPREHENSION (BBC) in San Diego to the tune of 50-3.

D0A and Friends(tm) have already proven to be a WHOLLY INEPT TRAINWRECK (WIT) and if they cant see that ‘1′ is the only logical option, then I would like to witness a complete and fully-cataclysmic implosion that makes it impossible for Davis to even contemplate retaining the CCC in 2013.
    ===========================
    Losing is NOT acceptable. Winning becomes a habit and so does losing. Everybody with this “clever losing find out what we got s**t” stop now. Winning is all that matters. I hope we run the ball down the Panthers throat all down long. DMAC and Reece run for 200 yards combined :-)
    Go Raiders!

• papertiger418

We should have brought in Tolbert this past season; always liked the guy in SD and love that he took LESS money to leave the Chargers.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:23 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 11:43 am

>>hey played 3 games against the big ten, and 2 of those teams were ranked.>>
    That Michigan St team is 3-5 in conference play & finished 6-6. But like most typical Big 10 teams, they get over ranked.
    Impressive win against Michigan. Needed 5 INT’s to win by a TD against a Denard robinson squad. How did Alabama fare against them?

>>nix isn’t even the best player on their line. tuitt is.>>
    So that’s another 1st round pick covering for Teo huh?

>>u said u wouldn’t want seau or singletary in the first round.>>
    No I didn’t. I said I don’t want Teo in the top 5. And I said Seau was overrated as hell & Singletary was surrounded by studs.

>>he’s ranked #2 on kiper’s board and #7 on mcshay’s.>>
    Oh well that settles it. Kiper had Mike Williams out of USC as his #1 overall in 2005. Now what was the knock against Williams? Oh right, that crazy speed thing. Should I list other Kiper failures as well?

Didn’t McShay tell us how great Andre Woodson & Jevon Snead were gonna be?

• Alex7

KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Wow, i’ve never seen such a simple “Hello” go hostile so quickly
    ———————-
    Judge, that was a shot at me. He thinks I live off my “white wife” and do nothing. Stay out of it. It’s personal. thanks.
    ===================
    I think you should clear this up, once and for all, Michael.
    Everyone here says you live off your white wife.
    You blog every single day, all day, all night.
    You have had no sales of any kind in the last year. IF YOU DID HAVE A SALE, IT WOULD BE LISTED.
    So how can you say your wife doesn’t support you, if Kane site shows you have done nothing?

YOU WON’T ANSWER THIS BECAUSE YOU CAN’T. BECAUSE YOU ARE A LYINGASSDOG.

I’m ashamed for you.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

IF YOU DID HAVE A SALE, IT WOULD BE LISTED.
    ——————–
    It would not dumbass.

Your jealousy of me is eating you up.

• Dan78

What is your California RE License…

• Alex7

R8ER MIKE Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Anyone near 879 Island dr, in alameda?
    Lady said Mike Kelly wasn’t there.
    Maybe he’s in the back, hard at work. Yeah, that’s it.
    Maybe someone in the area can stop in and tell Kell Merry christmas?
    —————————
    What lady? I’m right here.

*********************************
    as he has this year.
    ======================
    All realtors are required to man the desk, on a rotating basis, even those who have zero sales, with the idea that maybe, just maybe a walkin results in a listing.

That’s Kell’s current, and only listing. Came from a walkin.
    We sure as hell know he didn’t leave a chair long enough to canvass, lol. That’s for sure.

Tell us again, Michael, how proud Jacqui’s family is, of a son in law who sits on his ass all day, while his wife works?

You lie to them too, don’t you?
    Obviously.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex, what’s a listing? What’s a Sale? in the Brokerage business.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Josh Dubow‏@JoshDubowAP

6 players have rushed for at least 3 TDs in game this season including Doug Martin’s 4 vs #Raiders

Retweeted by Steve Corkran

Jerry McDonald‏@Jerrymcd

Carolina QB Cam Newton has 21 rushing touchdowns in 2011-12. The Raiders have 19 rushing TDs during the same span _ 16 of them last season.

Josh Dubow‏@JoshDubowAP

#Raiders had at least 3 rushing TDs in a game 5 times under Hue Jackson last 2 years.

—————————–

how about those stats. horrrible. I know this coaching staff was feeling good about that fools gold game last week

===========

Yes, but some want to keep them around.

• DMAC

Later peoples!
    Go A’s!
    Go Dubs!
    Go Cal Bears!
    Go Raiders!

Draft Te’o!!

• papertiger418
  • Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

DMAC Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 11:01 am
    CP3 is cool w/ me, but not for 12mil or whatever he’s going to be making next season.

*****************
    dr_robert Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 11:04 am
    that’s not really that much for a golden haired hero===========================================

Deserves that and our worship!

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

By the way, Golden Haired Hero is capitalized.

• Marks hair

Winnings a habbit for talented teams with good coaching.. we are wasting our draft pos for some fools gold.. its just plain stupid.. talent comes from the draft.. talent wins the games..

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

You lie to them too, don’t you?
    Obviously.
    —————————-
    I don’t talk to them much as they speak Swiss/German, but my wife does. You should see the beautiful Swiss watch father in law gave me.

Hey we’ve been married 28yrs, she’s happy, he’s happy.

• tuckrulefool

LONDON…

You dont get it.

The ONLY way we dump these A55hats is if Mark gets seriously dejected adn we see BIG TIME regression. (Admitedly hard to do from the point we are at now.)

I HATE rooting for a loss here (and cant actually watch and root for a loss) but its soo bad we cannot afford another LOST season in 2013.

Its that simple.

Give me one GOOD reason we should keep T1T5 and Friends(tm)? (Spare me the dealt a bad hand excuse. thats tired and BS since D0A and MCK had a large part in CREATING this hand.)

Seriously, ONE GOOD REASON.

Yeah thats a tall order I know…

And if there is a 2.76% chance of getting Gruden, I take that ALL DAY LONG over a 100% chance we continue to be the NFL’s PRIMARY DUMPSTER FIRE in 2013.

With KRAPP and T1T5 at the helm in ’13 that’s a guarantee.

Sorry, I cant mentally go there after 10+ years of putrid.

• Alex7

KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

IF YOU DID HAVE A SALE, IT WOULD BE LISTED.
    ——————–
    It would not dumbass.

Your jealousy of me is eating you up.
    ==========================
    LOL. OF COURSE IT WOULD BE LISTED. EVERY BROKER WANTS EVERYONE TO SEE ACTIVITY, SALES, LISTINGS, SO PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS FEEL THEY ARE WELL REPRESENTED, YOU MORON.

And why is it when you are being made fun of, you run that “your jealousy of me” reply?

You come across even more ignorant that thought possible.
    You live in a tiny house. My apartment is bigger than your dingy hut.
    You don’t work.
    You sit all day on a raider blog.
    ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. EVERY NIGHT.
    Your “vacation” this year was going to see wife’s family, lol.
    You have no hobbies. (obviously)
    You sure as hell have no friends. (you actually have to leave a computer screen to interact with people)
    And you spend NO TIME WITH YOUR WIFE. Every single night you are on this blog. Every night. Through out the night.
    And no one is jealous of your wife. We have seen her pic, and it was pretty scary.
    You’re the biggest loser I know.

• Alex7

KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Alex, what’s a listing? What’s a Sale? in the Brokerage business.
    ===========================
    YOU AREN’T A BROKER. YOU ARE AN ENTRY LEVEL REALTOR.

And brokers sure as hell don’t pull secretary duty, lol.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

————————–
    Sales aren’t listed on Brokerage websites only company listings. You don’t know what youre talking about. But you’re very passionate about it. Lol, Smh.

• The_Judge37

Anyone follow Notre Dame football? How are the George Atkinson Twins doing?

• Alex7

I’m leaving right now. I’m going to visit Mikey, see if he’s at ‘work’, lol.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Josh Dubow‏@JoshDubowAP

#Raiders averaging NFL-worst 1.47 ypc in red zone and are 31st with TDs on 40.5% of red zone trips

Retweeted by Steve Corkran

• J Hill

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rich, I know that’s you.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Alex, what’s a listing? What’s a Sale? in the Brokerage business.
    ===========================
    YOU AREN’T A BROKER. YOU ARE AN ENTRY LEVEL REALTOR.

And brokers sure as hell don’t pull secretary duty, lol.
    ——————————
    I’ve had my license since 1991. Floor Duty is not secretary duty. Only licensed Real Estate Agents can answer public question about a property. that’s why we all have to do floor duty.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, but you’re very passionate about it.

• DKnight007

49.The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:31 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    DKnight007 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    How about Reggie McKenzie go and look at Te’o’s game tape, football intangibles, work ethic and character instead of basing their drafting on straight line 40 time?

What a concept huh?

Straight line 40 times are overrated!

=========

That’s fantastic, but he has to sit there on and see how it will project into the NFL. We’re not playing a weak schedule like ND gets every year.

Intangibles, work ethic, & character huh? Yup those traits are serving Tim Tebow quite well aren’t they?…Hell I thought McClain had all those things.

^^^^^^^^
    Why are you comparing Te’o to McLain though? When it is obvious Te’o is quicker, can cover, is a hard worker, has heart and can has proven he can play as a MIKE in a 4-3 as an ILB in a 3-4?

Questions on McClain were whether he was quick enough and whether he can cover and whether he can be a MIKE in a 4-3.

Te’o has shown on tape he can cover, play both as a MIKE and ILB and is quick and is a helluva tackler and leader. Complete opposite of McClame character wise as well?

What’s your issue? Worry he can’t run a straight line 40 in 4.6? Give me a break with that.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m leaving right now. I’m going to visit Mikey, see if he’s at ‘work’, lol.
    —————————-
    Another lie, because you know I’d kick the schit out of you.

• Dan78

So is the pool boy…

• Alex7

KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:43 pm

————————–
    =========================
    You are so full of chit.
    Your listings are through Kane. Kane gets his broker cut. Your sales go through Kane.

IF YOU HAD ANY SALES, OR LISTINGS BESIDES THAT YOU WOULD GLADLY RUB IT IN OUR FACES.

Much of a successful realtors time is spent showing houses. Bringing out perspective clients to open houses. Maning open houses.
    You never leave your couch.

You’re a loser, Kelly.
    thanks for providing the link couple years ago, that has proved to be your downfall :)

I’ll be by in about 2 hours.

• DKnight007

77.RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    Josh Dubow‏@JoshDubowAP

Retweeted by Steve Corkran

^^^^^^^^
    Wonderful…that is some great progress from how solid the offense was the previous two years huh?

• Alex7

KoolKell Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Alex7 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m leaving right now. I’m going to visit Mikey, see if he’s at ‘work’, lol.
    —————————-
    Another lie, because you know I’d kick the schit out of you.
    ———————
    We’ll see.
    Hey, you said you live close by Raider HQ. Mapquest shows Kane is also by Raider HQ.
    So, tell you what. You provide your house address, and if I happen to miss you at Kane, I’ll stop by? show me around the mansion?

• DutchRaider77

@Alex7

Why?

Nobody cares if KK is a trouphy husband or not.

Your football takes are actually fun to read, PLEASE stop picking on KK. It is the Holidays…

• hwnrdr

DutchRaider77 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 12:53 pm
    @Alex7

Why?

Nobody cares if KK is a trouphy husband or not.

Agreed…Merry Christmas!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Alex7 what trailer park do you live in, then I’ll give you my adress?

• DutchRaider77

@hwnrdr Says:

I forget to tell you I was amazed by your tailgating, it was awesome and the most impressive aspect was how your ladies had everything under control.

You are truely blessed!

Merry XMAS!

• Just Fire Baby

I watched one of those Hoarding buried alive episodes and it was on a condo in Alameda, seemingly by the water thingy they have out there.

A KK neighbor potentially.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

A KK neighbor potentially.
    —————————–
    I heard about it from a Realtor in town.

• Just Fire Baby

There was also one on some old dude in Richmond, who had so much trash he little slept in the entry way to the front door.

I felt bad for him though. He was old, wife died, depressed about his kids, etc.

The Alameda lady was just a pinhead.

• papertiger418

There was this crazy cat lady in Fullerton who had a houseful of cats and when the neighbors finally got the police to show up she put all the cats in a shopping cart and starting pushing them down the street at a trot.

Now THAT is crazy!

• Bobby Bushay

Since 2003, the Raiders are 23-66 in games beginning on November 1 thru the rest of the regular season. I guess it will be 24-67 after the end of this season.

• BOKNOWS

If anyone’s ever running a straight line 40 yrd dash in a game…either something good has happened or something bad,…for us lately its been good for the other team…

DRAFT TEO!!!!!!!!!!!

• papertiger418

Has anyone seen The Hobbit, by the way?

• DutchRaider77

92.Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

The Alameda lady was just a pinhead.

______________________________________________________

Kinda funny, I went to Lake Forest and Mr. T lived in Lake Forest. Mr. T and the City of Lake Forest were always battling over somthing. He cut down a bunch of trees and they were pissed. But the funniest was when he refused to pay the garbage bill (some kind of dispute), the front gate to his house was a giant mountain of garbage. Really pissed off Whitey.

Also his daughter went to our school. Hated to be referred to as Ericka T.

• Just Fire Baby

I am completely in favor of drafting Te’O and I highly doubt that article about people worrying about his speed.

However, I don’t think he will be on the board when we draft.

He could go #1 overall to Jax. They need a face of the franchise, and while he is not a Golden Haired Hero, he will sell jerseys to soccer moms and 6 year old kids.

• papertiger418

Statistics really do a solid job of illustrating precisely how poor we’ve played recently on the East Coast, MNF, late season games, etc.

• Raiderbuck

papertiger418 Says:
    December 20th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Has anyone seen The Hobbit, by the way?
    ******************************************

I’m a fan boy but it was awesome!