Looks like Bergstrom, Ross to start

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, December 28th, 2012 at 11:53 am in Oakland Raiders.

With Mike Brisiel a spectator at practice and Phillip Adams not present at practice Friday, it appears rookie third-round pick Tony Bergstrom will open at right guard and Brandian Ross at cornerback against the San Diego Chargers.

Strong safety Tyvon Branch was on the field, as he has been the previous two Fridays, when he managed to get on the field to face the Chiefs and Panthers. Branch did not finish the game against Carolina, giving way to Mike Mitchell.

Quarterback Carson Palmer, who is not expected to make the trip, was a spectator for the first time since getting knocked out of the Carolina game with a bruised lung and cracked ribs. Palmer is not expected to make the trip.

As warm-ups and drills came to a close, Terrelle Pryor was taking snaps with the first team offense. Coach Dennis Allen may or may not declare a starter when he meets the media following practice Friday.

• Just Fire Baby

I like Dalton to, but I’m not sold on him being all that. He’s solid, but really, what is he without AJ Green and a very good oline?

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.

• dr_robert

Raider O Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:22 pm
    RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 11:33 am
    Raider O Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 11:13 am
    RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 10:48 am
    Raider O Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 10:45 am
    Vick: 56+ CMP %, 81 INTs, and 85 fumbles.
    CP: 62+ CMP %, 130 INTs, and 37 fumbles.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please add rushing stats, victories and playoff victories please. Thank you.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I couldn’t find that stat (espn and NFL.com) without adding adding wins/ losses from every season.
    Can you please post these stats. I’m Intetested in the results.@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

He’s rushed for 5,526 yards in his career and has scored 34 rushing TDs. For his career, he’s averaged 7.2 yds per carry!! The guy has taken TWO teams to the playoffs! Obviously, Palmer hasn’t, even though we gave up a king’s ransom for him to do just that. We’d be very lucky to get Vick here.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wins and losses?
    Can you please post their total wins/ losses?
    ************

they’re not starting pitchers dummy.

• dr_robert

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.
    ***********

aj green makes dalton good.

• dr_robert

it’s like a remedial math class in here sometimes.

• Just Fire Baby

It happens to every QB in the league.

***************************

It happens to Mike Vick MORE THAN EVERY OTHER QB in the league.

He fumbled on 1st and goal from the 2 yard line!!!! No excuses, that is horrible football.

• MiamiRaider78

Dr_Robert lol Go get em!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I see the racist Dr. Nob is trolling again.
    Tsk tsk tsk……. Obsessed with other males (Debo, Mistic, and BHP)

Pathetic.

• RaiderDebo

Zymurge Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:16 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:14 pm
    Have a hard time understanding how he could have gone after Locker, Gabbert and Dalton.

****************************

Andy Dalton = best QB of the 2011 draft class

Back-to-back playoffs for the Bengals, first time in 30 years for them, and in one of the toughest, phsyical divisions in the game.

Kids a winner.

====

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Dalton is a clearly overmatched player with an awesome team around him. As long as he doesn’t get in the way, the Bengals will out talent you. That team is a stud QB away from being real contenders for the SB. All the more reason why I don’t get Palmer quitting on them.

• Just Fire Baby

They go 8-8 his 1st season as starter.

They go 11-5 his 2nd season as starter, 1st place in AFC North.

***********************************

Dude that was almost 10 years ago.

I would love to have a 25 year old, fresh kneecapped Carson Palmer, but we don’t.

We have the aging, arm fatigued, no kneecapped version.

• John David Booty

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    we still had Davis/Jackson, would we still be 4-12?

*****************************

For continuity sake, I would say 6-10.

And in a world of hurt again for 2013 cap wise, relegated to only re-signing our own players and not being a mover in the FA market.
    ———————————————-
    So, to you, Hue having a full training camp with Carson Palmer and D-Mac, to implement HIS offense, as well as picking another DC to replace Bresnehan, would only be worth 2 wins of improvement over Knapps offense? OK.

• RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

B.S. if it wasn’t! I’d take Whitworth and Andre Smith as my bookends any day of the week.

• Dakota

759.DennisAllensVisor Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 10:54 am
    If you tell me we wil suck next year, but end up with Clowney in the draft, I will be totally happy.

++++++++++++++++++++

Are you telling me that after I find out that the entire coaching staff is returning in 2013, and that we are keeping the ZBS, and that were are destine to have the #1 pick in the 2014 draft…..THAT THERE STILL IS NO FRANCHISE QB TO LOOK FORWARD TOO IN THE DRAFT?

F
    M
    L
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RaidingTexas

Pryor to start Sunday.

• RaidingTexas

OAKLAND RAIDERS @RAIDERS 2m
    Head Coach Dennis Allen names @TerrellePryor starting QB for Sunday.

• dr_robert

I’m trying to talk calculus and some of these yahoos are making fart noises and having a hard time with simple division.

I guess I should show them the way to shop class and accept some guys aren’t doctors, they’re janitors.

• LA to TheBay

63.RaidingTexas Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    Pryor to start Sunday.

——

Don’t do that without a LINK, Tex!!

• LA to TheBay

COOL.

• MiamiRaider78

Legacy game for Pryor lol

• CDERaider

957 the game reporting Pryor will start. Good luck TP!

• RaidingTexas
  • RaiderDebo

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:25 pm
    It happens to every QB in the league.

***************************

It happens to Mike Vick MORE THAN EVERY OTHER QB in the league.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

He’s also outrushed and scored more rushing TDs than every other QB in the league. Guys take big hits and fumble all the time. That’s football. He didn’t fold up his tent and put Philly up on the road with 6 minutes left in the game. I tip my cap to him.

• RaidO

Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:21 pm
    RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:16 pm
    RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:13 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    Oh and A lot of those Palmer “stats” always seem to come at the end of games when it’s already over. Notice that? He’s great at patting stats.
    **********

yes. good qb’s are good at “passing stats”. duh. u know, like when a bad team is trying to come back. qb’s putting up good stats means they’re a bad qb on this blog. hilarious.
    ————————–

Yeah great at patting stats not good at winning. Palmer is not a winner.
    ***************

teams win and lose games. qb’s pass the ball. if u don’t understand this, then u need to get “football for dummies” and have someone read it to
    ———————

GOOD QB’S WIN! What don’t you understand? Palmer is not a winner.

**************

qb’s are one guy of 53. he plays for a bad TEAM. guys like u don’t understand the game very well, so u need to look at the qb. it’s the easiest thing to do and all u know how to do.
    —————————–

Look at all the recent “Good” QB’s. You can go back as far as you want but good QB’s find a way to win. It’s that simple. I think guys like Matt Ryan are a little over rated but he wins. Can you even name any considered “Good” or elite QB’s in Palmer’s era who have not been apart of winning teams? No not really. Palmer had one 11-5 season with the Bengals and that was it. He is not a winner.

• dr_robert

Lol Miami. Legacy game. An all time missdick classic.

• Just Fire Baby

Conspiracy theory!!!!

I am sure DA is hoping he fails right so he “doesn’t look bad” by not playing him earlier in the year?

Oh that tricky “Double Agent”!!!!!

Fools……………..

• RaidingTexas

I really hope Pryor gives us something to look forward to in 2013. I’m keeping expectations low since he’s only been in a handful of NFL snaps, but hoping he surprises us.

• RaiderDebo

Sunday’s game just became must-see TV!

• John David Booty

Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:26 pm
    They go 8-8 his 1st season as starter.

They go 11-5 his 2nd season as starter, 1st place in AFC North.

***********************************

Dude that was almost 10 years ago.

We have the aging, arm fatigued, no kneecapped version.
    ——————————————–
    My post was a rebuttal to you saying that CP was holding the Bengals back. It was false. I think we all would rather have 25 year old CP. Thats not what I was saying. I was laying out how the Bengals had been a bad franchise for a decade and that Carson Palmer was a big part in them turning that around, as opposed to “holding them back” or making them worse.

Bengals have been one of the better drafting teams in the league over the past few seasons, and its shown. They have players all over the field, ESPECIALLY on D. Dalton is pretty good, havent seen anything special, but hes been solid. But he came into a WAY better situation than the one CP came into when he started out, and he hasnt looked anything close to as good as THAT Carson Palmer. Bengals have a good, upcoming TEAM. Dalton is doing what hes asked, but lets not make it seem like hes played “better” than Carson ever did, and that CP was what was holding the Bengals back, because its simply untrue.

• dr_robert

Palmer=18th best passer of all time. Deal with it.

• Just Fire Baby

Guys take big hits and fumble all the time.

**************************

Yes, but nobody fumbles as much as Vick, that’s what’s not sinking in to you.

• dr_robert

Oh I think Pryor will “surprise” a lot of people here just not the ones u think and not in the way they think.

• Just Fire Baby

****************************

Yes, for awhile CP turned them around, absolutely.

Then he got old, regressed, and they replaced him with a rookie and instantly got better.

• RaidO

“Raiders name Terrelle Pryor starting quarterback for season finale”

Damn right

• John David Booty

RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

————————————
    +1.

I’m Really gonna have to stop arguing with a lot of guys in here, when its clear that they dont actually WATCH football. Bengals O-line performs EVERY week. Just wow at Dalton making the Bengals line look good.

People, football is a fun sport to watch. You should try watching some games. Take my word for it. I think youll enjoy it.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:18 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:16 pm
    RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:13 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:10 pm
    RaidO Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    **********

————————–

Yeah great at patting stats not good at winning. Palmer is not a winner.
    ***************

———————

GOOD QB’S WIN! What don’t you understand? Palmer is not a winner.

=====

That explains a lot then. Trent Dilfer should be in the Hall of Fame as what is unarguably a classification as a GOOD QB.

Dan Fouts clearly could not have been good, despite the fact that he was the most prolific passer of his era. He just didn’t get it done on defense, so he could not have been good.

Myopia strikes again.

• CDERaider

This was Mark Davis’s call all the way – Knapp has to be pissed – Leinart his boy – and this tells me Knapp’s gone for sure.. And Dennis Allen is on notice.

TP better play the entire game.

• RaidingTexas

Dr_robert Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

——————————————

Regardless, he’s a Raider and I want him to succeed. I don’t care about any of the “wave of the future” and the anti-”wave of the future” crap that goes on here. I have no agenda other than I want all Raiders players to play good football.

• RaidO

Raiders name Terrelle Pryor starting quarterback for season finale

“The Oakland Raiders will start quarterback Terrelle Pryor for the team’s season finale against the San Diego Chargers, Raiders head coach Dennis Allen announced Friday.

Pryor gets the start over backup Matt Leinart who struggled in the team’s 17-6 loss to the Carolina Panthers last Sunday. Leinart completed 16-of-32 passes for 115 yards and one interception.

Pryor has only attempted two passes this season, completing one and has one rushing attempt for two yards.”

• Dakota

76.RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Sunday’s game just became must-see TV!

+++++++++++++++

Probably for the first two offensive series, and then people will be like….”Oh, so that’s why he never got to play! Boy, I hope those Carson Palmer retirement rumors are false!”

• RaiderDebo

John David Booty Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

————————————
    +1.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Well said.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

John David Booty Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

*****************************

Dalton and Green make the O-line “good”.

Wasn’t all that good before they got there.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

————————————
    +1.

======

Yeah, I’m sure Cedric Benson really hated that pathetic O line last few years when he had the best 3 seasons of his career running behind those bums.

• MiamiRaider78

Yes sir, I hope Pryor does great because what else would you want from a player that is an Oakland Raider?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Dakota Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    76.RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Sunday’s game just became must-see TV!

+++++++++++++++

====

That’s what money says will happen. After he runs through the 4 or 5 plays he’s mastered and can mostly remember, then what’s he going to do? Drop back, look bewildered and then take off running on every play.

• RaiderDebo

This sets up a situation where Knapp and DA both stay. If Pryor kills it, continuity is the best thing for our 2013 opening day starter.

• cwolfman

95.7 The Game says, “Raider Head Coach Dennis Allen names Terrelle Pryor starting QB for Sunday.”

• cwolfman

LOL.. sorry, I was way late on that info.. Haha

• MiamiRaider78

Zymurge Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:41 pm
    Dakota Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:39 pm
    76.RaiderDebo Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Sunday’s game just became must-see TV!

+++++++++++++++

====

____

So he knows half of Knapps playbook? lol

• Dakota

I hope Pryor looks awesome….so we can fool another team into trading for him….and they can then see how defenses play him once they have tape on him.

If we can get a Kolb-like trade done that would be great!

Arizona is always a good mark for robbing picks from….they might be interested.

• dr_robert

Oh I want him to be awesome. I just think its highly unlikely. U know. Cuz I’ve watched football before. But of course, when they try protect him by having him throw screens and dump offs, everyone will scream it’s knapps fault for not letting him throw downfield. Of course they’ve never seen him do that before.

• jesusraiderjim

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    December 28th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

———————————————

BOTTOM LINE!!!

All it can do is help the RAIDERS if he plays well or shows some potential.

Good Luck TP6