Raiders-Chargers underway . . .

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, December 30th, 2012 at 1:26 pm in Oakland Raiders.

A bizarre hailstorm has cleared, I’ve relocated to a part of the press box free of leaks and Sebastian Janikowski has has just kicked off to the San Diego Chargers . . . Michael Spurlock returns it for a touchdown. Real nice start, Raiders.

• MiamiRaider78

All Goodson does is carry for 6-7-8 yds a pop.

Love what i’m seeing from TP so far.

Footwork, progressions, reads etc

• 303Raider

TP makes the defense nervous!!

• http://goducks.com RaiderDuck

The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    So would everybody like DA to hire as our new OC? I’m hoping for either Pete Carmichael or Chris Ault.

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

========================================

Gruden’s not coming back, and we wouldn’t want him anyway.

• RockyMountainRaider

pryor telling knapp dont F up my vibe! Lol

• EMRaiders

Look at TP tapping knapp on the shoulder telling him…”its ok guy, I can handle more than 3 plays…” Lol…

• morilla

I hate to say this cause I’m a big Dmac fan. Goodson looks better out there. He really does. Even Stewart hasa shown the same type of explosive quick bursts.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Palmer should be the starter in 2013 no matter what this kid does today but we have the opportunity for a home grown stud at Qb.

Palmer/Pryor/draft pick

See ya Leinart

• dr_robert

There were never any Pryor haters. Just Pryor doubters. Like me.

• MiamiRaider78

TP, don’t use any of Knapps hair gel.

• DJ Johnny

EMRaiders Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    Dont f it up now raiders…

Our new motto.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

lets see some red zone efficiency

• Try Some Reality

RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    If Pryor does well this game, do we trade CP?

=============================================

Will Huey get hired as a HC somewhere? Perhaps he can engineer the 2nd best trade in NFL history for another team.

• John David Booty

RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

========================================

Gruden’s not coming back, and we wouldn’t want him anyway.
    ——————————
    Dont say “we” like that. If YOU personally dont want Gruden back, say that. But as far as the Raider Nation stands, when it comes to Gruden, you are in a very small minority.

• oakfshow

247.The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

Denise wont be here to hire anybody cheif.

• jackasspuria

Morilla

Maybe DMC has that Ricky Vaughn (Wild Thing from Major Leagues — Charlie Sheen’s character) deal with his vision.

Maybe DMC needs contacts and he can see the running lanes/holes better?

• big pep

T.P. looking good. just play well enough so we dont waste another pick on a q.b.

• EMRaiders

Smart choice. Showed smarts

• fingers

Morilla…agree

• Raider 925 East Bay

the D sure has contain on pryor, should open up some receivers.

• Raider Riff

I can’t watch this game because I’m coaching bball right now. But damn I’m loving what I’m reading on thisblog. Sounds like TP is doing his thing.

I can’t wait to get home and watch the NFL rewind 5-6 times and then I’ll give a full breakdown/review of what I saw.

Go TP!

• Try Some Reality

Severeraiderz Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    Lmao at the TP haters. I bet they say they were rooting for him all along smh

==============================

Yup. Just watch. “I was rooting for him all along, I just had my doubts”

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

He’s doing better than I thought, but man he throws some ducks up there. The throw “deep” to DHB makes Leinhart look like he has JaFatasses arm. The floater over the middle to Myers only worked because nobobdy was with 10 yards of him. And that flip outside on the flare … that’s got land within 3 seconds to give the RB any time at all.

Unfortunately I see some pick 6′s in the cards if he keeps floating them up like that.

• jackasspuria

Oakfshow,

Is Carmichael a position coach for the Saints?

Reason I ask, teams usually bar OCs to leave and become OCs for another team. I believe NFL rule states move has to be a promotion and not lateral move.

• 504 Raider

If anything Pryor freezes defenders. They come full speed at Palmer and Leinart.

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

John David Booty Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

========================================

Gruden’s not coming back, and we wouldn’t want him anyway.
    ——————————

=======

exactly…Pryor keeps this up…Gruden will be calling Mark after the game.

• http://goducks.com RaiderDuck

Oakfshow Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    247.The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

Denise wont be here to hire anybody cheif.

================================================

So when will you admit that DA is coming back next year?

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Oakfshow Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    247.The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

Denise wont be here to hire anybody chief.

========

Hopefully Denise gets a DC job in the AFC West.

• alex7

this is what I feared.

No pocket passing ability, everything is high-stress out of the pocket gym-ball.

Won’t work over entire games.

• Raider 925 East Bay

they shoulda started pryor vs KC so we could have a sample of 3 games to evaluate…..i think this will create more controversy going into the off season if he does better than expected.

• DJ Johnny

Pryor is doing good.

• Try Some Reality

John David Booty Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    The_Civilian_James_Trapp Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm
    RaiderDuck Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

========

How about Gruden with Pryor?

========================================

Gruden’s not coming back, and we wouldn’t want him anyway.
    ——————————

====================================

FALSE. As we know with voting polls, taking a small sampling can many times predict the whole. The poll taken in here by Riff showed 75% of posters in favor of Gruden. I’ll give you a +/- error rate of 20%. Gruden still wins.

;)

• oakfshow

Gruden already looking for houses in the bay area.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Jackie Bibby

I swear its some real low life hypocritical phaggots on this blog, you hoes make all the excuses in the world for DA when he hasnt done sht since hes been here but make excuses but you bash pryor based off 3 plays??? Youre patient with a coach whos sucked all season but impatient with a young kid in his first start? And palmer isnt the sole problem with this team but he has blown 3 games on his own with bad decisions and hes a vet… But that can be excused right? A vet is allowed to make a mistake but young players have no excuse? Gtfoh

• Raider 925 East Bay

another first down

• The_Civilian_James_Trapp

Jackie Bibby Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

=========

LMAO! I love this politically incorrect blog!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

oakfshow Says:
    December 30th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

====

You guys realize that Gruden values smarts out of his QBs first and foremost. That’s why he went and got Gannon. That’s why he tried with guys like Simms.

• DT42

Was that last graphic correct? No TD’s in the last 26 drives??

• jackasspuria

So who is the vet and youngster?

Impressed with Pryor.

He pulled and threw Goodson away from scuffle and proceeded to yell at him for it.

Maturity. Pryor has it.

• Try Some Reality

HOUDINI is a fugging leader! You see him pulling Goodson off then yelling at him? LEADER.

• CDERaider

Look at Pryor taking charge!

• jackasspuria

Try Some Reality & CDERaider

Agreed.

Pryor showing love for the game of football.

• Try Some Reality

WTF?! Goodson ejected? For what? What a bunch of azz clowns.

• CDERaider

And why doesn’t the PI stand???

• CDERaider

Bad call by refs cost us a 1st and goal at the 1.

• romania

can we please get the replacement officials back????!!!

• jackasspuria

Yeah, I never undstood that NFL rule.

Two penalities on Chargers, one on Raiders = offset penalties?

How?

• Raider 925 East Bay

I wanta see pryor bust one just to see how fast he really is

• http://distyblog.com @distd2

So 2 fouls on them offset 1 on us? Our guy gets interfered with then after the whistle their guy grabs our guy’s face mask – and the result is play the down over??? Just asanine.

• Raider 925 East Bay

NICE

• jackasspuria

And the CBS feed up here in Humboldt County has crapped out… 3rd-and-6… and I have a black screen.