Raiders sign three free agents

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 3:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed three players after working them out: running back Jon Hoese, nose tackle Johnny Jones and wide receiver Isaiah Williams to reserve/future contracts.
Here’s what the Raiders have to say about the three players in a press release:
The 6-foot-2, 247-pound Hoese was in training camp with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He was originally signed by the Packers as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Minnesota, and spent time on Green Bay’s practice squad in 2011. His last name is pronounced HAZE-ee.
The 6-foot-4, 317-pound Jones was with the Packers for the past two seasons. He spent the majority of the 2011 season on Green Bay’s practice squad and was placed on injured reserve during the 2012 preseason. Jones originally signed with the Miami Dolphins as a non-drafted free agent out of Marshall in 2011.
Williams, a 6-foot-2, 204-pound receiver, spent time on the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad in 2012. He has been with four different teams, including Pittsburgh and Seattle, since entering the NFL as a non-drafted rookie free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 2009 out of Maryland, where he was teammates with current Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

That said, I am also a Houdini supporter.

I like BOTH. Apparently that’s frowned upon in this establishment.
    ===========================================

Not at all. I am a HUGE Pryor fan. Its just after his debut I am more of a Pryor fan at WR.

• REALLIONAIREB

Raidertalk Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:55 pm
    Reggie and DA definitely stumbled out the gate. I hope they can learn from the experience and keep improving. If there is no sign of improvement next year…

But I do think that Cowher was able to learn and improve after all those years at Pits.
    —————-

Reggie stumble when didn’t retain Hue Jackson!!! No matter how you silce that…that set us back like a recliner!!!!

• manassamauler

Try Some Reality Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:58 pm

It’s interesting that there were 7 new guys hired on as GM’s in the league this past season and only one ended up with a worse record than what they inherited.

=========================================

BOOM. There it is. The reality bomb has been dropped.

>. yeah but thats only because we weren’t running the pistol with Pryor. raiders would have been 14-2 if we had the pistol and pryor. wave of the future

• manassamauler

REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Raidertalk Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

—————-

>. hell yeah Hue was the man. after pulling that ingenious Palmer trade he would have traded 2 first round picks for Randy Moss this year

• DJ Johnny

I wish you all a good night. Thanks for the good football talk.

• REALLIONAIREB

Manassamauler Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

6 wins means DA went 10-22 in his 1st two seasons…I maybe wrong but I say that will get him kick tha phuck out of Oakland!!!

>> thats improvement. 4-6-8-10-12-superbowl! pass the bong man
    —————————————–

8 maybe 10 you dam skippy 12 his jock will get alil heavy from all the posters here that will jump on it SUPERBOWL and raiders fan might forget the last decade we had!!!but 6 wins boy I cldnt see him coming back but what ever they put out on the field better not look nothing like that chit we put out there this year or DA may not make seasons end!!!

• http://raiders.com Seymour Bush

Where is mistic? I think Bradley and Haslett had no idea how to defend the read option until they came here, looked up the “Seymour Bush” posts and said, single high safety with 9 or 10 in the box depending on down and distance? Huh. Let’s try it. And for those of you that think I am kidding, wait for my draft selections. And watch them move up the big board.

• manassamauler

REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Manassamauler Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

>> thats improvement. 4-6-8-10-12-superbowl! pass the bong man
    —————————————–

>. if DA burns out next year, RM will look for a big name college coach to come here or some other big dog.

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

PFT

Speaking of Jon Gruden, an eerie silence has arisen regarding the question of whether he’s ready to return to the NFL. He may be opting to employ the approach used by college coaches (or that used to be used by college coaches) of discretion and secrecy. And Jon Gruden is regarded as the most likely candidate to suddenly supplant Jason Garrett, if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones decides that the changes he has promised for 2013 will include changing coaches.

• REALLIONAIREB

Manassamauler Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:04 pm
    REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Raidertalk Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

—————-

—————————————

You choose to judge him the decision he was force to make to try and save his job…which even I question but I look at how he pull this offence out of the dumpster and with all the injurys his offense had the production was still there and he cld call plays with the best of them but that’s only my opinion maybe your opinion is that he did nothing to help the offence and your entitled to it.

• REALLIONAIREB

Manassamauler Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:10 pm
    REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Manassamauler Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    REALLIONAIREB Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

>> thats improvement. 4-6-8-10-12-superbowl! pass the bong man
    —————————————–

————————

Les Miles???

• raidertalk

It is now painfully obvious that Hue Jackson was a better play-caller than Gknapp. Although I think he was in over his head at HC and got carried away at the wrong time. Hopefully Reggie can get on with focusing on winning above all as opposed to getting his guy.

• rediaR

If we have a relatively overlooked rookie receiver end up being the standout of the wr group next year, that would make a whopping 5 years in a row. Imagine if all of them kept it up! The Louis Murphy all stars would be leading us far in this league.
    /random thought

• ian85

GG for the last time I’m not dr Robert go fck urself u Lil pos black qbs suck dck get over it Dush

• ian85

I’m out night homies

• Moose

BabySlash Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 1:41 pm
    Mystic . Seriously, I fully understand your fight against the Man, who has been holding brothers down and still trying to do so in some contexts.

However, having more black QB’s is not the answer. Are they your role models ? It’s only sports. When you start using role models who are focused on intellectual skill and educational superiority then the fight might be more successful. Maybe people like “the Pres” for example ? The most powerful man in the world who be a smarter choice.

Nobody can hold down people with great intellect and education. Entertainment and sports is lucrative but can’t provide large amounts of jobs that can lift an entire demographic group.

If you take other minority groups, mostly immigrants with poor English skills who are advancing rapidly, to the great chagrin and dismay of the African American communities, you can point to education as a key criteria. You don’t see a whole generation of Asians hitching their pride and destiny to Jeremy Lin do you ?
    ————

Education education education

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

ian85 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 12:36 am

=====

I didn’t say you were him. I said he was you ;)

• Myopinion

How bout a 3 players signed, continued…

• Just Fire Baby

I guess Washington learned the lesson of the Nationals, and shutting down Strasburg.

Although, I never heard of a football player needing to be limited in playing time or shut down, but such is life in the space age.

• Just Fire Baby

Bucs not giving Freeman an extension, and will play 2013 in a lame duck contract season.

That absolutely, NEVER, works.

Schiano is a moron, and I don’t even think Freeman is really any good, but you can’t roll with a QB thinking about his FA status in the middle of the season.

• Just Fire Baby

So all 3 of the circus act offenses this weekend, scored less than their season average, with Wash being almost half of it, and Minny being under it, in the playoffs.

Shocking I know.

Simply physics, you can throw a ball 50 yards a helluva lot faster than you can run 50 yards, and you don’t have to worry about defenders in the way from Point A to Point B.

• Myopinion

Most dissapointing thing is I stiil dont see a plan. Or any real strengths on our team. And a year in ou our roster is now all mismatched, no idenity. seems they wanna be versatile. Sounds good. Too bad our biggest problem last year on d was mental breakdowns in a simple d. Om offense, knapp happened, but even personell wise, every player brought in doent match what we havepoint is i if u make make the decision to do things your way do it all the way. I feel our roster is way worse off a year.into this.

• Just Fire Baby

Simple remedy myopinion:

“10 and then”

• Myopinion

Jfb. I dont have conversations on here cause it takes like an,hour for me to type one. from the land of enchantment myself. raiders lobos pacers? Didnt know about foster? Glover quinn was a lobotoo. have a good one.

• Myopinion

Always wisjed we coulda gotten urlacher. Imagine. And if u remember the guy could return kicks.

• hwnrdr

Good Morning Nation!!!
    Nothing new came in Raider World huh?
    Man…Seattle! A playoff Raod win for the first time since ’83…Clemons possibly tearing his ACL last night will be bad for them though…as they move on!

• boss01

Sad how much regression there has been. It was just two seasons ago when we blew Seattle out by more than 30 pts. We had a real OC then.

• dr_robert

GG Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

KoolKell Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    How did RGIII hurt his leg? running the ball.

How did GRIII get his concussion? running the ball.

What will end RGIII career? We all know the answer.
    Same answer that will end the career of all these scrambling qb’s. the dumbasses.
    ——————–
    Not me.

==========

It’s Dr Robert aka Ian85 aka many other aliases. He’s been doing it heavy the last few days, posting under other people’s names who defend mobile QBs or like Pyror.

*************

yes, i’m “cross posting”. why exactly would i do that again?

• guest123

Oh my! Almost 3500 comments. This HAS to be some kind of record. No?

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Good Morning Raider Nation!!! It’s a beautiful day to be a Raider fan, isn’t it? Good morning, Hwnrdr.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Guest,
    Thought I remembered one over 4K, but were closing in on this one.

Posted on Sunday, June 20th, 2010
    Under: Oakland Raiders | 3,715 Comments »

• Plunketthead

Scanarat will destroy RG3 and then blame RG

He should not have started yesterday

• nycraider

the huejack lovefest should end if he doesnt get one of the 7 HC jobs available

• hwnrdr

I agree…it was said that when RGIII went off the field for a bit that the Doctor did not clear him and RGIII told Shanahan that he wanted to play because he was the best option to win. Ok, I get that but as a HC, Shanahan should have shut him down!

• http://ggeden.blogspot.com/ GG

Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 6:54 am

Guest,
    Thought I remembered one over 4K, but were closing in on this one.

Posted on Sunday, June 20th, 2010
    Under: Oakland Raiders | 3,715 Comments »

=======

It’s a momentous occasion, a countdown to rival the Mayan calendar. People will be saying, everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when Ibabuzz/raiders hit a 4,000 thread.

• boss01

Hue will always be rumored for HC jobs, but the sad reality is he will interview only to satisfy the Rooney rule.

• guest123

I agree with you Hawaiian Raider.

RG3 when he’s healthy is a spectacular athelete. I love to watch him play. But watching him limp to the sidelines on that 8 yard run was all I needed to see. The man could barely walk. He needed to come out of the game. Kirk Cousins was a reliable option to save the game while it was still close.

That long snapper for the Redskins should be shown the door. He blew 2 key snaps.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Looking east towards Reno with the Sierra’s silhouetted against a band of blue sky under an everchanging purple, red, and orange mosaic of sunlit clouds. Really is a beautiful morning.

• hwnrdr

Yup, that bad exchanged killed RGIII last night…and no one at the time, except for RGIII knew the ball was out…but man, that leg twisting like that….OUCH!!! I hope he does get healthy and stay healthy! He is fun to watch!

• guest123

**********

I don’t agree with this. There are lots of minority HC’s in the league and I doubt that color has much to do with GM’s thought processes on making a hire anymore. Bottom line is can you get the job done.

• hwnrdr

Funniest thing about yesterday was watching Ray Lewis do his dance as time expired! Baltimore is not gonna know what to do without him!

• Al_is_theraiders

mumbles is at dennys this morning…meanwhile, other teams are getting better…

• hwnrdr

As far as Hue Jack City goes…they are now out of the playoffs! Let’s see what happens!

• guest123

*************

nice! wish I could be there. And yes it is a beautiful morning! life is good.

• guest123

I’m happy for Ray Lewis. He’s had a great career. But I won’t miss his sermons. He takes himself way too seriously. What an ego!

• Dakota

3495!

• Dakota

Dang!

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 7:17 am

True, but gonna miss seeing him play! Heard ESPN got him lined up already…how interesting that would be :)

• Dakota

Gooooooooo ND!

• hwnrdr

Dakota Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 7:20 am
    Gooooooooo ND!

I agree….I’ll be watching tonight! Man, hope they pull it off because I hate hearing about ‘Bama already!