Raiders sign three free agents

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 3:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders signed three players after working them out: running back Jon Hoese, nose tackle Johnny Jones and wide receiver Isaiah Williams to reserve/future contracts.
Here’s what the Raiders have to say about the three players in a press release:
The 6-foot-2, 247-pound Hoese was in training camp with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He was originally signed by the Packers as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Minnesota, and spent time on Green Bay’s practice squad in 2011. His last name is pronounced HAZE-ee.
The 6-foot-4, 317-pound Jones was with the Packers for the past two seasons. He spent the majority of the 2011 season on Green Bay’s practice squad and was placed on injured reserve during the 2012 preseason. Jones originally signed with the Miami Dolphins as a non-drafted free agent out of Marshall in 2011.
Williams, a 6-foot-2, 204-pound receiver, spent time on the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad in 2012. He has been with four different teams, including Pittsburgh and Seattle, since entering the NFL as a non-drafted rookie free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 2009 out of Maryland, where he was teammates with current Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

• REALLIONAIREB

Somebody owes us a live chat after this debacle(LookingAtYouCork)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

That Miami team was loaded with talent.
    All that talent wasn’t enough to beat THE OSU.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Never will forget driving down the slope just past the state line and getting caught in a speed trap by Nevada State troopers going 68 in a 55 zone. Got put in the back of the squad car while they got german shepards to sniff out my car for drugs. When they found none, I got let off with a warning. But they tore up my trunk carpet pretty bad. F’n Nevada cops!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Did you give them permission to search your car, or did they have a probable cause?

• guest123

My heart and soul is the state of Alabama. My adopted home sweet home. I’d like to be buried there someday in that red clay. Lived in a lot of places and in every timezone. Guys, it just don’t get better than Alabama.

• DJ Johnny

3523.Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am
    Remember the Great Ibabuzz Blog Insurrection when we all jumped back to the previous post and continued talking amongst ourselves?

When it gets to this many posts it takes forever to see what i’m typing show up on the screen. I say we start now and switch over to previous thread.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Guest123 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:56 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Too bad you didn’t live in CA. lol

• guest123

*********

They kind of coerced me into the search. My eyes were beet red and I looked like I was stoned. But I was just off of breaking up with an ex-GF and I looked all messed up. Truth be told, I never in my life have taken any kind of drugs. But I did have a fifth of whisky under the driver’s seat. I was shaking in the back of the squad car when I thought about forgetting to throw it away. But I found out that there’s no laws against open containers in Nevada.

Still I got my rights all abused. I consented, but only after being told that they were going to do it anyway b/c of suspicious cause. I asked them to do a sample urine or blood. But they wouldn’t listen to me.

• guest123

Too bad you didn’t live in CA. lol

*******

gotta lot of family in CA. I’m originally from the 209 area code. Never coming back, except to visit.

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:03 am
    Too bad you didn’t live in CA. lol

*******

That bad huh?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Guest123,

I never had a problem with cops in Ohio or KY. Only CA. CA cops are ignorant and rude, so I don’t tolerate their bs.

• jesusraiderjim

Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am

———————————————————-
    It was an EPIC moment in IBUZZ Blog history. Hard to believe everyone was smart enough to figure it out LOL

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Seymour Bush Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:48 pm

KoolKell Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I imagine Reggie is a pretty good personnel man. But he either made a mistake in his HC hire, or Letting DA hire Knapp.
    =============================================

He made a very good hire in his HC selection. The problem with the Raider is we would be better off right now if we were an EXPANSION TEAM. That way, we would have the overall number one, and we could pick player off other teams rosters. We don’t have either of those options.
    ———————
    Wow, that’s a far-fetched excuse. Geez.

• Dakota

Maybe Steve and Jerry’s bosses decided to shut down the blog for a while and sent them on another unpaid furlough?

• guest123

Sorry no disrespect Hawaiian Raider. There are still a lot of things I love about the place. But there are too many negatives about living there for me to ever want to live there again. Once my mom passed away, that pretty much sealed it for me have an excuse to even visit anymore.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Jesusraiderjim Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:05 am

———————————————————-
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The prev thread has 22 Posts.

• Plunketthead

Raider O Says:

Go Buckeyes!!
    We were robbed!
    Eff the NCAA!!
    *************************

I said something like that thirty years agoo

Go Rebels
    Tark was screwed, robbed, tarred and beatdown
    Eff the NCAA

• guest123

********

CHP’s are arseholles for sure, but it was the Nevada cops that were shaking me down that day.

• Dakota

I will e-mail Becker.

• Raider-in-PA

Oakland might be under a new regime, but one thing is still the same: Secrecy from the front office!

Cant a brother at least get some speculation on OC canidates??

• jesusraiderjim

The prev thread has 22 Posts.

The one about coaching SENIOR BOWL

Rise up blog Bruhs and lets do this.

• Dakota

jesusraiderjim Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:17 am
    The prev thread has 22 Posts.

The one about coaching SENIOR BOWL

Rise up blog Bruhs and lets do this.
    ++++++

Relax….I e-mailed Becker. This will soon be fixed.

• jesusraiderjim

jesusraiderjim Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:18 am
    Okay I am here where the FVCK is everyone else. Are you just manipulating me? BWAHAHAHAHA

———————————-#23

Easy as pie!! LOL

• J Hill

CHP’s are arseholles for sure,

————————————————————–

Why, because they don’t let you do 100mph when you wan to?

I just got a ticket for doing 85 in a 65. CHP cat caught me in the middle of road rage trying to run this muthaphucca off the road.

He coulda wrote me up for all kinda shyyt. I think I was up to 95, crossing double yellows, and all kinda stupid shyyt, lol.

He just wrote me up for 85 and we laughed all the other stuff off.

I thought he was pretty cool about it.

• r8eray

Let’s hit the 4k mark today!!

Good Morning Raider Nation!

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:09 am

No disrespect taken, Guest!
    I have cousins that left for the airforce right after high school and vowed never to come back to Hawaii. They never really said what happend to come to that decision, but once their mom passed in 91, they never came back! So I understand…and hey, I may now move back. California is ridiculous sometimes

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

r8eray Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:19 am
    Let’s hit the 4k mark today!!

Good Morning Raider Nation!
    ——————————-
    It will be a satisfing day! 4K or bust!

• jesusraiderjim

If we want to switch back to previous blog we can rise up and overrule this Biatch

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Guest,

I think I understand what you are saying. CA is heaven IMO, but I still miss Ohio.
    O
    H
    I
    O
    Ohio!!

• hwnrdr

SOme CHPs are ok…I had a few nice ones that were just doing their jobs, but the ones that are getting off of their shifts and now have to do paperwork…lol…they tend to be, well you know what…

• Dakota

Should have a “famous ND-Alabama players who played for the Raiders” post coming up soon.

Jon is on it.

• jesusraiderjim

Okay it’s official.

Nice work Dakota

“In the mean time back at the previous blog we are experiencing no waiting LOL

• boss01

Safe to say the two best OC candidates available now are Norv and Trestman with Trestman already rumored as a HC candidate.

• jesusraiderjim

It is a sad state of being that a highlight of the best football blog in the NATION is seeing if we can break 4000 posts.

Pittiful!!

• DJ Johnny

3562.KoolKell Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Seymour Bush Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:48 pm

KoolKell Says:
    January 6th, 2013 at 10:32 pm

=============================================

———————
    Wow, that’s a far-fetched excuse. Geez.

Is this real Kell or fake Kell?

• jesusraiderjim

Good job Dakota!

GO RAIDERS

I miss TIM BROWN

• poprox13
  • r8eray

O, the only good thing about Ohio was the Flats…other than that, fat, ugly pale @$$ women and sh!tty weather!

BTW…love them gyros from the flats and Christie’s Cabaret!!

;)

• boss01

The problem with most cops today is that they seem to be getting dumber and dumber, especially the young cops.

• Gdog

Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 8:35 am

Gdog Says:
    Hopefully a few steps back to take a bunch forward.
    Crazier things have happened. This is the NFL!
    ===================================================

As a Raider fan (read: eternal optimist), no other way to look at it.

>>>>>

Its why the NFL is the most popular sport. Not only can it actually happen with the parity, but it actually HAS happened… worst to first.

Its usually just a QB getting hot as a pistol (IE Warner) but it has happened.

Thats why I hope the team follows Wash and Indys lead and throws its entire weight at the offense this off-season.

If we try to plug the holes in both sides.. both will be mediocre and nothing gets fixed. If we fix the side with the most upside… who knows what can happen! Teams have won with some gawd-awful defenses before.

Just give Carson the best offense he has ever played with… something might just catch fire!

• DennisAllensVisor

Great Morning Nation..

• papertiger418

My phone’s going to have an aneurysm if it keeps having to load this page…we should flee to more temperate Internet climates…

• Gdog

Plus.. defenses have risen up simply by the fact that they are always playing with a lead. The defense that got us to our last SB wasn’t THAT great… but it benefited by the offense always jumping out to leads so early… sometimes by as much as two TDs in the first quarter. Whens the last time THAT has happened?

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

Dakota Says:
    Relax….I e-mailed Becker. This will soon be fixed.
    ==================================================

When the new live chat format was hinky, I emailed both. Cork replied within minutes, and Becker within weeks! Don’t get you hopes up.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

boss01 Says:
    =======================================================

You’re just getting older and smarter. And curmudgeonier.

• Dakota

DennisAllensVisor Says:
    January 7th, 2013 at 9:35 am
    Great Morning Nation..
    +++++++++++++

Why didn’t you warn us that Dwight was a team killing douche?

• DMAC

Morning/afternoon peoples!

Happy New Year to all!!!
    Whats smokin in the 2013 Green Party?

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure

REVOLT! We’re on the last post. Come join us!
    r8eray Says:
    jesusraiderjim Says:
    DJ Johnny Says:
    R8drinOK Says: .

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure
  • papertiger418

I’m still frustrated that we haven’t even gone out and signed an ST coordinator; thete’s no reason not to if Reggie is just waiting around for some GB practice squad coach to be our next OC.

• Purvisman/Intrepid// Full Disclosure