Woodson grew up after he left the Raiders

Green Bay Packers defensive back Charles Woodson attained a level of production and respect he never had in Oakland.

The fact is, when Woodson left in free agency, his career was on the rocks. Even Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, who loved Woodson’s talent, did not authorize a big contract during free agency for the 2006 season.

Instead, Woodson signed with the only team that offered serious money _ the Green Bay Packers. And after relocating to the central United States with a team that would seem to have little to offer a player notorious for enjoying himself, Woodson instead thrived.

I remember writing a column before Woodson’s departure lamenting how a Hall of Fame talent would never reach the Hall of Fame. It’s not lot like I’ve never been wrong before, but it turns out I was way off base.

A link to Saturday’s story on Woodson after talking with Tim Brown and Rich Gannon . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Marks hair

The combines gonna change things.. see whos talent matches their skills. Im alot more excited this yr

• Just Fire Baby

• guest123

I could care less about the combine. I care a lot more about game tape and playmaking ability than 40 times, bench reps, and broad jumps. Even pro days are not telling of how a player executes under duress. Can’t wait for the draft though.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Gotta jury rig all my automatic llama waterers(10 of ‘em) to dribble so they don’t freeze up without wasting too much $water$. They still freeze over so I have to go chip the ice off in the morning. Six days in a row now. Over an inch thick Sunday morning. Better than burst pipes and hand watering, tho’. Should warm up tomorrow, I hope.

• bcz24

Ahh… to be able to type, and see it as you type it. Should last til mid afternoon tomorrow, before this entry is overloaded.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Just Fire Baby Says: Never nervous Purvis, how was it too see your budding idea of going to the previous thread in full bloom this morning?
    =====================================================

F the moderators, we got this wired now. Glad to be a part of it.

• DennisAllensVisor

Wisenhunt the favorite to replace McCoy in Denver.

• guest123

Ahh… to be able to type, and see it as you type it.

*****

or to be able to type at all. I broke my right wrist on new years day teaching my daughter how to ride a bike. Doc gave me a sleeve and no cast for some reason. A piece of bone is floating around under my sleeve. At least I can still type.

• guest123

Ronnie Lott’s fingertip got nothing on me.

• bcz24

A piece of bone is floating around under my sleeve
    ******************
    Ewwwwwwwww

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

bcz24 Says:
    =======================================================

Archives go back to July, 2005. Just posted there with no problem. Picture of JerMac with a goatee. We’re good damn near forever.

• Just Fire Baby

*************************

Is that an oxymoron?

Can you “teach” someone something while still breaking a bone?

• guest123

Is that an oxymoron?

Can you “teach” someone something while still breaking a bone?

^^^^
    apparently not. I was running full speed and she ditched the bike in my path. I hurtled it but came down like diving into a swimming pool, except concrete sidewalk and not water. So I suck as a teacher. I’ll stick to my day job.

• hwnrdr

So Wisenhut is the favorite to replace McCoy in Denver?

• Just Fire Baby

The next stage on our conquistador mission is to protest the newest thread, and hang out back here and not comment on the new ones.

Make them beg for us to come back.

Beg!!!!!

• guest123

A piece of bone is floating around under my sleeve
    ******************
    Ewwwwwwwww

*********

that’s nothing. Ever seen a compound fracture? I have up close, left wrist as a kid. Hand dangling upside down the wrong way.

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:38 am
    A piece of bone is floating around under my sleeve
    ******************
    Ewwwwwwwww

*********

OUCH!!!

• bcz24

Never broken a bone in my body. My buddy broke his collar bone when we were you and I could see it move under the skin, but then his older sister came over to help and I could see her boobs and I didn’t care about the nasty bone.

• R8ER MIKE

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 7:53 am
    Mike,

Where are you at again in MD?

I was out there last month in St. Mary’s county. Man there was some good seafood joints in Solomon’s Island!!!

****************
    i am in Hughesville… about 2 miles from StMarys Co. and about a half hour from Solomans Isl….. and sir you are correct.. there are some very good seafood joints all around me.

• bcz24

*young

• hwnrdr

Seafood sounds good right about now!

• DutchRaider77

620.bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:43 am
    *young

_________________

That must have been one amazing rack…even today, the recollection causes typos.

• guest123

Seafood sounds good right about now!

**********

Sure does. I packed a ham and turkey sandwich for lunch and even though I’m hungry, I just don’t wanna eat it. Last night wife made a wonderful homemade bowtie pasta and marinara sauce and broke open a bottle of white wine on the back patio. I have a taste for al-dente now. That cold cut sandwich is just looking at me now.

• R8ER MIKE

and JFB.. next time you are out this way, you have to hit me up… stop by the compound and drink a few beers and burn mega trees !!

• hwnrdr

R8ER MIKE Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:51 am

Man, one of these days…I’d have to make a trip to The Compound! Right now it is too cold for my “Rage!!! LOL

• R8ER MIKE

i hear ya Hwnrdr and Guest.. a nice crabcake sandwich would sure hit the spot !!

• hwnrdr

guest123 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:50 am
    Seafood sounds good right about now!

**********

LOL…I bet!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

# HairyBush Says:
    June 29th, 2010 at 12:59 pm
    BTW, what is the record # of posts on one thread for this blog? Just curious this is getting out of control. I need a fix!
    ______________________________________________________
    La Milicia Negra Says:
    June 29th, 2010 at 2:18 pm
    I believe its around 2800, so for each post we have a new record, my target is 3700, but why not 4000?
    I think we first will get a fix when jerry returns or Al fires Cable ‘for cause’…
    ====================================================

LMN called that one.

• bcz24

Yuck on the seafood. My brother owns a few sushi bars, I have unlimited access to free seafood, and I hate seafood. The only fish I like are… Swedish.

I just had a Mean green juice for lunch so I am happy.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:02 am

I just had a Mean green juice for lunch so I am happy.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Juice? lol
    I love Sushi.

• The Big Banana

Hwnrdr Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:45 am
    Seafood sounds good right about now!

——–

Always down for seafood. Wife and I got some fresh large Manila clams on Sunday and steamed them that night in olive oil, garlic, beer, fresh cracked pepper and salt of course. Poured it all over some capellini pasta. Incredibly good!

• guest123

Didn’t know that anyone on mean green juice could be happy shortly afterwards?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

guest123 Says:
    ====================================================

Did that to my right ankle July 5, 2001. Stood up, put my foot down and went down. Zero support. Grabbed the fence and stood up again and looked at my foot flopping around like it wasn’t even connected. Doc didn’t say compound fracture, he said shattered. Had to steal some bone from my hip to have something to screw back together. Must have done a good job ’cause I’ve had zero problems with it.

• The Big Banana

Don’t like seafood? My man, Bcz, just what is the matter with you? Maybe you’ve never had good seafood. Need to eat over at my place sometime.

• guest123

If my bro owned a sushi bar, I’d still be living in California now for that unlimited gravy train.

• The Big Banana

Lol, Guest

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Guest123 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:36 am
    Is that an oxymoron?

Can you “teach” someone something while still breaking a bone?

^^^^
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL
    I hope you get better soon.

• bcz24

I have had plenty of seafood my friend, seafood is the family business. I have a mental thing. It all tastes the same to me. I actually can’t even eat canned tuna without gagging anymore. Everyone thinks they can get me to change my mind, but it is never going to happen.

• guest123

LOL
    I hope you get better soon.

^^^

thanks O!

• bcz24

Didn’t know that anyone on mean green juice could be happy shortly afterwards?
    **************
    I have been juicing for 15 days, never felt better, and I have gone down 2 belt sizes already and 20lbs.

Mean green juice = 5-6 Kale leaves, handful of spinach, a pinch of parsely, half a cucumber, thumb of ginger, a carrot, a celery stalk and a green apple.

I drink 2-3 of those a day, and I do one fruit juice for breakfast. Eat a good dinner and I am all set. The only sh1tty part is lugging my juicer back and forth to work every day. I am going to buy a second one just for the office when I get my bonus next month.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Sushi!!!!!! I did a sushi diet before I got married (can afford such luxuries before a wife and kid). I lost 20+ pounds.

• guest123

Sounds fairly disgusting. But kudos to you for dropping the weight. I think the kale is the secret ingredient there. If you can mix kale into food, that and omega fish oil and flax. What I don’t get is the green apple mixed with all that.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:14 am
    Didn’t know that anyone on mean green juice could be happy shortly afterwards?
    **************

$$$$$$$$$!$$$$$$!

No wonder you lost 20 pounds. Who wants to eat after that?.

• The Big Banana

Bcz, is it the raw/cold seafood that you get in sushi that has you bothered? Sushi seafood and Mediterranean prepared seafood (what I’m used to, hot dishes) are different animals.

• R8ER MIKE

Bcz.. my stepson is the same as you.
    with all the great seafood restaurants and wharfs around here its a shame !!

• R8ER MIKE

bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:14 am
    Didn’t know that anyone on mean green juice could be happy shortly afterwards?
    **************

**********************
    ??? can you add a few shots of rum with that ???

• guest123

My diet trick is eating red grapefruit wedges in a cup. You can buy them in boxes at Sams club. Tastes so bitter, afterwards you drink water and it tastes sweet. No need for afternoon sweet snacks. You trick your tongue into being satisfied. But it requires lots and lots of water.

• The Big Banana

But good on you for the juicing.

• R8ER MIKE

my diet trick is to get hella high and hella drunk.
    pass out for 6 to 8 hours !! no food needed at all !!
    you wont lose much weight, but who cares !! lol lol lol

• hwnrdr

The Big Banana Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Hwnrdr Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:45 am
    Seafood sounds good right about now!

——–

Yum! Man i am getting hungry now!