Woodson grew up after he left the Raiders

Green Bay Packers defensive back Charles Woodson attained a level of production and respect he never had in Oakland.

The fact is, when Woodson left in free agency, his career was on the rocks. Even Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, who loved Woodson’s talent, did not authorize a big contract during free agency for the 2006 season.

Instead, Woodson signed with the only team that offered serious money _ the Green Bay Packers. And after relocating to the central United States with a team that would seem to have little to offer a player notorious for enjoying himself, Woodson instead thrived.

I remember writing a column before Woodson’s departure lamenting how a Hall of Fame talent would never reach the Hall of Fame. It’s not lot like I’ve never been wrong before, but it turns out I was way off base.

A link to Saturday’s story on Woodson after talking with Tim Brown and Rich Gannon . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• DMAC

Marks hair Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:03 am

still no new post? You guys really suck the fattest part of dìck…
    ========

Say that again?
    You might want to pull it out now, so we can understand what your trying to say
    lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC,

LOL
    I’m hungry bro.

• BOKNOWS

bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:39 am
    It is super healthy and does make you feel good. You just better have a job where a toilet is close by!
    The bowels are a moving haha
    *******************
    I started the first week of the year, I was on vacation from work so I could allow my body time to adjust and flush out the intestines. I don’t have any pooping issues anymore.
    ——————-
    No issues after a week?
    that’s good to know.
    I like to eat healthy it’s the having to deuce all the time when I eat a lot of fiber that is an issue. Maybe my body just needs to time to adjust

=============================================

I use the NUTRI_BULLET and love it…feel better- more energy-more regular-skin cleaner…screw doctors…theyre just big pharma crooks!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

SaintKaufman Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:05 am
    Thanks for the heads up O! Thought it was a little slow in here this morning.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

No problem Saint McGiver. You, Charlie, and 99 are good posters.

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:06 am
    DMAC,

LOL
    I’m hungry bro.

Dammit, me too! Pork chops in 23 minutes…lol
    And my wife just told me to bbq a steak tonight! YAY! just in time for a darn root canal tomorrow at noon! :(

• hwnrdr

Yup, one of the best investments I made last year!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

BOKNOWS Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:07 am
    bcz24 Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:39 am
    The bowels are a moving haha
    *******************
    ——————-
    No issues after a week?
    that’s good to know.

=============================================

$$$$$$$$$$$

You and Bcz should be part of their infomercial.

• http://www.RAIDERS.com Back-n-Black

trade Pryor and Briesel or whatever his name is for Flynn.

• R8ER MIKE

January 15th, 2013 at 10:01 am
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    can i substitute beer for the water ??
    ==============================================

Sure. Gotta cut out half your food intake to offset the increased calories, but it works out fine. Trust me.

******************
    well fuk…. guess i am just going to be fat !!!!
    well not fat .. i am “husky” lol lol !!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Hwnrdr,

Enjoy bro and good luck tomorrow.

• The Big Banana

Raider O Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:03 am
    It’s not a meal if it doesn’t have bread, rice, pasta, or all 3 together.

—–

You would fit in very nicely with my family.

I eat those things and I’m fit. I just try to stay away from sugar and all artificial crap. Eat a balanced organic meal, stop when you’re full, drink water or wine, and mix in some exercise. I still eat fat, carbs, dairy, and sweets, all in moderation, and mostly homemade with quality ingredients.

• SaintKaufman

I saw Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary last year. Really changed my perception about juicing. I mean, from that crazy old guy that Jim Carrey parodied!!

• edward teach

It’s like a cooking show in here today, lol.

• DJ Johnny

Let’s move on from Trestman. Heavy favorite for Bears job. He spent ALL DAY at Halas Hall (by reports)yesterday.

I’m hoping it’s not Martz. Martz announced he was “retiring” from football after the Bears debacle and I think he’s just trying to milk another paycheck and his heart isn’t really in it to the extent we need it to be. That’s just my opinion.

Then again, you could say that after a year off he’s pumped up and revitilized and ready to prove the NFL and the Bears were wrong about him.

• hwnrdr

If not Trestman, and not Martz…who?

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

You would fit in very nicely with my family.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exactly.

Let me guess… Italians, Greeks, or Arabs?

• DJ Johnny

I wonder how appealing the Bears job really is. Cutler is a pain in the wazoo and really not as good as everyone likes to think he is.

Statistically Palmer is much better..not just career wise going back to Cincy good days but even as recent as last yr.

If I were a prospective HC I would cringe at the thought of having to work with Cutler.

• DJ Johnny

715.hwnrdr Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:17 am
    If not Trestman, and not Martz…who?

THAT is a good question.

• The Big Banana

You’re close, O. Go west into Iberia. I have Moorish ancestry.

• DJ Johnny

712.SaintKaufman Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:13 am

Meaning you think juicing is the way to go?

• hwnrdr

Raider O Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:11 am
    Hwnrdr,

Enjoy bro and good luck tomorrow.

Thanks O!

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

hwnrdr Says:
    darn root canal tomorrow at noon
    ===========================================

That’s a good three day diet, too.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Back-n-Black Says:
    trade Pryor and Briesel or whatever his name is for Flynn.
    =====================================================

With any luck, Miss Tick will follow.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

The Big Banana Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:20 am
    You’re close, O. Go west into Iberia. I have Moorish ancestry.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Salam my brother.

• DJ Johnny

708.Back-n-Black Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:09 am
    trade Pryor and Briesel or whatever his name is for Flynn.

…and have Flynn start? If so, and we let Palmer go we will take a huge cap hit, and what kind of salary will Flynn demand? He’s at 10 mill right now I believe.

• MEX_GHOST

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 8:56 am
    # HairyBush Says:
    June 29th, 2010 at 12:59 pm
    BTW, what is the record # of posts on one thread for this blog? Just curious this is getting out of control. I need a fix!
    ______________________________________________________
    La Milicia Negra Says:
    June 29th, 2010 at 2:18 pm
    I believe its around 2800, so for each post we have a new record, my target is 3700, but why not 4000?
    I think we first will get a fix when jerry returns or Al fires Cable ‘for cause’…
    ====================================================

LMN called that one.
    ———————————————–
    But with this “going to the prev post” idea we´ll never know if the posters break the record.

• hwnrdr

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:22 am
    hwnrdr Says:
    darn root canal tomorrow at noon
    ===========================================

That’s a good three day diet, too.

LOL, I agree!

• guest123

Is Rod Marinelli in play to be the defensive coordinator for the yet-to-be-named new head coach of the #Bears
    ++++++++

Possibly. Nothing is set at all here as the decision has yet to be made on the head coach. But a source said that candidates Darrell Bevell and

**Marc Trestman**

are both at least open to the option of retaining Marinelli and perhaps some additional members of the defensive staff. It’s not known if Bruce Arians is thinking the same way and it can’t be ruled out.

General manager Phil Emery was clear that he planned on letting his new head coach do what they considered was best. Some believe a clean break from the previous regime is the best move to make. Others like the idea of maintaining continuity – as best as possible – for a defense that has played at a high level. But the defense will not be the same without Lovie Smith, the man who ran the show on that side of the ball.

It will be interesting to see what happens and no doubt the assistants that remain under contract to the Bears are anxious to see what shakes out

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:17 am

If not Trestman, and not Martz…who?
    ========

Murlarkey

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Was that salaam or salami?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

OK, both spellings acceptable. My bad.

• Dan78

Much better atmosphere on these posts…
    The other one is like being at funeral….

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

But salami’s good,too.

• BOKNOWS

712.SaintKaufman Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:13 am

===========================================
    You should check out FOOD MATTERS too….very insightful like this blog…haha!

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

theyre just big pharma crooks!
    ———————-
    truth

• guest123

I gave up soda pop and fast food last year. Cold turkey. It’s been a solid year now and I don’t miss it. Can’t pay me to drink a coke and won’t eat anything you can order thru a drive thru window. Just up and decided I had enough. Now the smell of it when someone packs it and takes to work fairly nauseates me. And I have saved a lot of money over a year’s time as well.

• SaintKaufman

DJ Johnny Says:
    712.SaintKaufman Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:13 am

Meaning you think juicing is the way to go?
    $$$$$$$$$
    I suppose it depends on your own goals. Juicing is a supercharged shot of exactly what your body needs to perform it’s functions at peak effeciency. The end of the documentary basic comes back to eating healthy, having restraint and making sound choices. Moderation is the key in everything we do.

• DJ Johnny

Seattle is so set it’s ridiculous.

They have 10 picks coming up in the draft, and their QB is set for awhile. Is it going too far to call Russell Wilson “elite” at this point?

Also, if they get rid of their backup QB (Flynn) they save another 10 mill they can use to beef up other areas.

The only hope that anyone has of Seattle going backward is if defenses “figure out” Wilson. Otherwise they should be loaded for awhile.

I am not certain of their cap situation though, but it sure must be nice to have a franchise QB fall into their lap.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Llama man,

I like both. Lol

• SaintKaufman

….except sex!

• BOKNOWS

Seattle isn’t strapped by Flynn’s salary so much that have to move him. With Wilson on a rookie contract for at least another two seasons (before he can renegotiate his contract), the overall expense to Seattle’s quarterback position is still reasonably affordable. That being said, backup quarterbacks aren’t usually paid $7.25 million either, which is what Flynn is due in 2013 (although only $2 million is guaranteed).
    ================
    PER PFT!

• guest123

Flynn has some trade value even if they have to eat some of his salary. The defense is furious. Wilson is for real. I like his game and instincts better than RG3. They need some WR’s but they have a lot of picks. I’m surprised they lost to ATL. They should have ran more clock before going ahead. A couple of weak QB sneaks would have milked the clock. Would have been fun to see them in the SB vs the cheatriots.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

SaintKaufman Says:
    Moderation is the key in everything we do.
    =====================================================

“To get the full flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks”
    Excerpt from the notebook of Lazarus Long

• hwnrdr

With another one of those famous “You mad bro” pics from Richard Sherman! LOL

• BOKNOWS

I’m still of the mind that if Houston loses another 10-15 lbs and stays at end he would be even more effective…especially with B.Mingo on the other side with Bryant and rookie huge NT in middle…..

• R8ER MIKE

DJ Johnny Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:29 am
    Seattle is so set it’s ridiculous.

*************
    OR.. if they hire Knapp or Chuck B. !! lol lol

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

BOKNOWS Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:38 am
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

If he loses more weight, he will become less effective inside, and he will lose his versatility.

• SaintKaufman

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:35 am

SaintKaufman Says:
    Moderation is the key in everything we do.
    =====================================================

“To get the full flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks”
    Excerpt from the notebook of Lazarus Long

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I used to live by this creed intrepid. Only cost me about 20 years and made life much harder than it should have been.

• DJ Johnny

746,

Lol Raider Mike.

I think they’re smarter than that. It’d be funny though.

• DMAC