More scuttlebutt on Raiders coaching vacancies

By Steve Corkran
Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 at 11:40 am in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders still haven’t said a word about head coach Dennis Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie interviewing candidates for their four coaching vacancies — offensive coordinator, offensive line, special teams coordinator and linebackers.
Yet, little by little word is spreading about some candidates that have interviewed or have been contacted as a means of gauging interest.
We reported Saturday that the Raiders interviewed long-time coach/offensive coordinator Mike Martz about replacing the fired Greg Knapp as the Raiders offensive coordinator and that they also spoke with Juan Castillo about his interest in taking over for fired offensive line coach Frank Pollack.
There’s also word from Pete Roussel of coachingsearch.com that the Raiders interviewed Marc Trestman and Greg Olson for the offensive coordinator job.
Trestman, of course, was the Raiders offensive coordinator when they played in the Super Bowl against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2002 season. The Raiders entered that game with the league’s top-ranked offense.
Of late, Trestman has been the coach of the Montreal Alouettes and enjoyed great success there, too. Trestman also is in the mix for the Chicago Bears head-coaching job.
Olson currently is the quarterbacks coach/assistant head coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He has six years’ experience as an NFL offensive coordinator — Lions, Rams and Buccaneers. He is credited for the rapid development of Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman, among other things.
Finally, Roussel says the Raiders interviewed Bruce DeHaven for their special teams coordinator vacancy. DeHaven is well regarded and currently works for the Buffalo Bills.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

ian85 Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Mystic if u put soup with DENISE and knapp he would be 0 and 16 please stfu u r pos who knows nothing soup got smashed to the niners had a 12 qb rating and also blew arse in the second half against the texans and lost that game he will never start in this league again he blows dck just like u
    ===========

this doesnt do much to make your case for palmer.

8-17 with 37 turn overs is laughable

you can make up all of the imaginary what if scenarios you like, bottom line is what is documneted history.

Take it up with the nfl stat keepers

lol

• charminultrasoft

Pryor will get a 2nd round pick from Philly. trade is in the works

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

I hope there is a new post soon, this is getting depressing.

Cork do your job already!

Seriously if this was my job I would have stuff written up for slow times of the year for fans to discuss.

• DennisAllensVisor

The_Judge37 Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:37 pm
    So to break the trend of Fandom and self loathing, anyone know who are the possible canidates from the current Playoff Teams that Reggie could be waiting for?

—-

Geep Chryst is the only one I see.

• charminultrasoft

RM is gonna hire his boy from Dennys to head up the Offense.

• dr_robert

Missdick shows all the classic signs of a bigot–liar, coward, hater, selective memory, subjective criteria for judgement, slippery and won’t be pinned down, changes his topic at will.

A sad little nazi.

• DJ Johnny

2208.RaiderDebo Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:21 pm
    Missdick– u admit u wont watch white guys play. U determined they suck in preseason. And u will only watch now if Pryor is in.

Because “u knew they would suck”. Sounds like u “pre-judged” them, which is what u say everyone does to Pryor.

Lets say Tom Brady was traded here for Pryor. Would u watch the raiders? Would Brady suck suddenly?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&

Whatever.

Why did Debo just answer a post directed at Mistic?

Forget which handle you were using?

• charminultrasoft

DJ Johnny Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

2208.RaiderDebo Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&

Whatever.

Why did Debo just answer a post directed at Mistic?

Forget which handle you were using?

>. yep same guy

• DennisAllensVisor

Mike Johnson, where is this guy at now?

He would be a decent candidate.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

dr_robert Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

=========

dr slob you must have missed nap time

I have never made the claim you are trying to attribute to me. watching football obviously includes watching “white guys” ( your words).

You are as per usual separating players by skin color again. I dont have those kind of hang ups

I did not have to prejudge palmer he has sucked for a long time before he quit on the bungles.

I did not have to pre judge allen, i was unimpressed by denvers defense

that is thel ast response you will get from me today

try not to be such a racist pos,Im sure there are youth that log onto to this site

Steve Corkran‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Norv Turner hired as Browns offensive coordinator, Ken Whisenhunt by Chargers, Pete Carmichael staying put with Saints. You’re up, Raiders.

————

finally something out of cork.. u would think this tweet could be a new blog post

• The_Judge37

Geep Chryst is the only one I see.
    —–

That doesn’t really explain the wait for OC. Really hope Reggie is not fk’ing around again.

• rediaR

I am only a FAN of the Raiders. The other 31 teams are in a constantly shifting order of 2-32 that I mostly don’t think about, and there is a huge gap between #1 and #2. I don’t really care if any of them wins or loses other than a handful of teams at the bottom that will be forever despised.

• dr_robert

Djjohnny–lol. U caught that too eh? Isn’t it the actual cross posters who are always saying others are? Why is that tactic always on their mind?

And why exactly did debo answer my question to missdick?

Hilarious.

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

Dang, Blog Dawgs. Just dang.

I was chilling in the Beeech Pad, checking out my stock portfolio on Scottrade when Cinnamon burst in totally wasted, we got into a huge fight and ….

We had awesome bareback intercourse in her poop shute

But then …. we totally broke up

Yeah, the BD is seriously devastated. I ended up shuffling on down to the pool and did some yoga in my BVDs and Ray Bans

Ended up 69ing a smokin’ hot pool waitress in the bushes near the jacuzzi but I could barely get a decent chub going and my tongue cramped up

My mind was on my beautiful Cinnamon and what could’ve gone wrong

Gonna take a bubble bath and write some amazing lyrics to help me put my feelings into perspective

MR BUBBLE N THE HIZZY

• charminultrasoft

Mike Martz will end up as OC.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I wouldnt be mad at Reggie if he drafted Geno Smith in early 2nd round if we did somehow trade back and get a 2nd roudn pick

• The_Judge37

Maybe Glen Thomas? i really hope there’s some kinda game plan here Reggie.

• dr_robert

Missdick–ur a liar and a coward. U stated that as soon as u knew hue and Campbell were gone, u checked out. And ur only interested if Pryor us in. EVERYONE here knows u only like black guys. Why can’t u admit it like a man? Instead u like to play the pathetic little game of “I never said black or white”. But u always tal of “white supremacy” (that sure has the word white in it doesn’t it?), “amerikkka”, etc. unlike ur heroes, u lack the balls to say what u mean. Ur a little word-playing b1tch, who thinks he’s to Ning a game, but instead ur an embarrassment.

• hwnrdr

Looks like Pryor to Philly is in the works…

• beechams gay lover

beechy dawgs friend cinnamon is a gay tranny. believe me i know

• dr_robert

There is obviously a good player to be had at the three spot but I would love to see us trade down, get geno, and get martz. That would spice things up considerably.

• charminultrasoft

dr_robert Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

>. mistic is into black men, to each his own, more VAG for me. you shouldn’t make fun of gay people they are human too

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

That would go down as another bad move the raiders have had over the years.

Let a young player go and be good on another team. So all the eagirls fans want PRYOR huh? why not keep him for ourselfs?

22yr old making league min? Let him go be a Stevie brown on antoher team?

selves*

• DennisAllensVisor

This would be prett good after a trade down:

1- Barrett Jones [OL, Bama]
    2- Manti Te’o [ILB, ND]
    3- Kwame Geathers [NT, UG]
    4- Omoregie Uzzi [OG, GT]
    6- Travis Johnson [OLB/DE, SJSU]
    7- Reid Fragel [OT, OSU]
    7- Greg Reid [CB/KR, VSU]

————————–

no doubt. Kid has tremendous talent.. like any young qb.. he needs to be coached up and get some good pieces around him. DMAC would be a start in the power run game.

Like I said two Qbs in the Championship game this week

Joe Flacco- Deleware D2? school?

Kaepernick – Nevada

u dont need to come from a big school

• charminultrasoft

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

That would go down as another bad move the raiders have had over the years.

22yr old making league min? Let him go be a Stevie brown on antoher team?

>> need draft picks and pryor is trade bait. dude isn’t going to take the raiders anywhere. can use that pick to build the lines for the next QB that CAN take take the raiders somewhere. all else fail just draft to improve the OL/DL. will pay off later

1- Barrett Jones [OL, Bama]
    2- Manti Te’o [ILB, ND]
    3- Kwame Geathers [NT, UG]
    4- Omoregie Uzzi [OG, GT]
    6- Travis Johnson [OLB/DE, SJSU]
    7- Reid Fragel [OT, OSU]
    7- Greg Reid [CB/KR, VSU]

—————————–

Solid. I notice u are pretty good at this. Only I would use a 4th on Tyrann. However I feel a team will snag him up late 2nd round.

Someone like the Lions or maybe even the NINERS.. they got Vet Leadership

• Just Fire Baby

If we got a 2nd for Pyror, I would be amazed and pretty excited.

That would really open things up to be creative on draft day, and try to find a future QB.

• The Beeech Diggity Dawg

Brahs & Nerds

The bubble bath totally helped, I was able to put my emotions into my lyrics which turned out amazing

Think this jam needs latin-style percussion and some wailing flute in the backdrop, along with Certified Platinum Posse production magic

It’s called “Heartbreak at the Ritz”

Baby girl, since you left, my life is full of troubles
    All I can do is soak my junk in a tub full of bubbles
    How do I go on without you, how does the Beeech exist?
    ‘Cause girl, you know its more than your hot beev I miss

The video for this jam should basically just shoot itself

WRECKS STILL N FULL EFFECT

—————————-’

Well that my true.. its an Unknown at this point. Like I said I see alot of eagirls fans wanting him to come to their team and lets say if he he does have success .. that would go down as another bad move in the long list of bad moves Raiders have had.

Let him compete on this team this year.. bring in a LEGIT OC and let him compete

• Raider E

How many of you guyd think Reggie is gonna take Geno Smith at #3 and cut Palmer?

I think it’s a very distinct possibility.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

No question about it though.. reggie is gonna get himself a young Qb.. whether it be rocking with Pryor.. or Draft day.. or next yrs Draft

• DennisAllensVisor

Terrelle Pryor for Nick Foles.

Foles favorite target is already on our team.

• Just Fire Baby

If we brought in Martz, he always liked his pocket QB’s (who stayed in the pocket and made quick decisions) with quick releases and the ability to throw to a “window” on time.

Geno Smith would fit that mold perfectly.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Just watched sf vs gb again.

I have to admit that i had pryor ranked ahead of kappy in the draft and im still one that thinks pryor is a better prospect. i remember kappy in preseason this year and last and he didnt look good, but that staff did wonders getting im up t speed.

What he did to the packers and patsies this year on the big stage was undeniably impressive.

Thank god davis jr was watching.

Bring in the right oc and give pryor the loaded pistol.

That is the only answer for this team today. Carson has proven to be a flop that you cant build around. All of our key players on offense regressed badly under his watch, fresh off a year of astronomical improvement the year before under the tutelage of his predecessor.

There is no scheme that will be able to save a 33 year old palmer whos once powerful yet erratic right arm seems to have morphed into fettuccine right before our eyes.

There is no scheme that can generate any excitement for next season with palmer at the helm. Once pryor showed he could score tds the cat was out of the bag.

Clearly young pryor is the guy with the buzz and that affects the ticket gate.

even bringing in a now mummified al ssunaders wouldnt help palmer. he doesnt throw deep well, and is turn over prone in saunders offense.

With chip kelly now in the nfl, the success of kappy wilson rgiii and newton the raiders would have to be brain dead not to connect the dots for what needs to be done here.

laslty ALL of the pieces are all ready in place and on the roster to make the hybrid offense work today!!.

You would not have to spend very much at all on the offense and could spend most pf your money upgrading the defense save maybe o line.

Pryor and the pistol would sell tix, and make the team competitive without breaking the bank.

imagine these guys runing a vertical offense with the hybrid pistol/ option game

pryor 4.3

ford 4.3

dhb 4.25

moore 4.3

reece

streater

too much speed and too much field to cover

someone forward this to big mack and davis

• charminultrasoft

Raider E Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I think it’s a very distinct possibility.

>. Geno can actually throw an accurate pass. better than Pryor. better for the raiders IMO.

• RaiderDebo

RaiderDebo Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    Do the Raiders have playmakers on defense? I’ll wait.

************************

No we don’t have any playmakers, but the Bengals have more of a “sum is greater than the parts” defense.

They only had one guy make the Pro Bowl, although I think Reggie Nelson will makes a few in the years ahead.

I would love a safety like that.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@

Whatever. That’s a fairly new rivalry anyway. I like teams built the way they are; badass running teams with athletic mobile QBs; killer Ds. How often do you really see true competition at QB? Both moves were criticized, but they came up smelling like roses. What the hell is there not to like?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Whoops, this was a response to #2212.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

I think it’s a very distinct possibility.

——————————-

I’ll put it this way GIL BRANDT didnt mock us Geno just to do it. He always has some type of insider info. He is well connected around the league.

Maybe he knows something and wants to be right on Draft day?

• Dakota

Word is Dennis Allen has been playing a lot of Tecmo Bowl and he plans on calling the plays next year. He is really excited about a play he calls Bo Jackson Off Tackle.

• Just Fire Baby

Kiper knocked down Te’O from #2 to #8 on his draft board.

He ISN’T falling to the second round, or even the second half of the first round.

A great pro day, and he can still be a top 5 pick.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Kiper has Jarvis Jones number 1 on his board ..

• Raider E

I would welcome Geno Smith with open arms and cut bait with Palmer. I like the guy, but he is way too expensive.

Take the cap hit and move on Reggie.

SBreport‏@SBreport

According to Reggie McKenzie, Norv Turner wasn’t interested in Raiders OC position.

—————————–

• DennisAllensVisor

Just Fire Baby Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    Kiper knocked down Te’O from #2 to #8 on his draft board.

A great pro day, and he can still be a top 5 pick.

—-

Janoris.

Jenkins.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

Take the cap hit and move on Reggie.

———————–

then u could take that money and rebuild the D

• DennisAllensVisor

If you’re relying in Mel Kiper you’re gonna be in trouble.

• Just Fire Baby

**************************

Tried to tell YOU PEOPLE.

Norv probably wasn’t the only one to tell us to lose their number.

• DennisAllensVisor

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    January 17th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Take the cap hit and move on Reggie.

———————–

then u could take that money and rebuild the D

—-

What money?

Palmer aint losing any money. He is getting upwards of 15 million from us if he is in a jersey or not.