1,293

Report: Raiders expand talks with candidates about upper management role

This was filed by beat writer Jerry McDonald a few minutes ago:

The Raiders are talking with Scott O’Neil, the former president of Madison Square Garden , about a position as team president, according to a tweet Sunday by ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

It is the second person reportedly involved in discussions with owner Mark Davis about an upper management position, joining NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson.

It is unclear what that position would mean to Raiders CEO Amy Trask and general manager Reggie McKenzie. Trask has been involved strictly on the business side since McKenzie arrived, including leading an effort for a new stadium.

McKenzie was asked about the reports of a team president while talking with local writers Thursday and said, “That’s a Mark Davis deal. I don’t want to give any leeway of his line of thinking on that. . . . I don’t want to divulge any information in that regard. I’ll let Mark answer those questions.

Davis was not available for comment.

O’Neil, 42, resigned his post as Madison Square Garden president in September after four years on the job. His responsibilities included overseeing the season-ticket and marketing operations of the New York Knicks and New York Rangers.

According to the New York Times, O’Neil “gradually increased his involvement in Knicks’ personnel decisions, often to the annoyance of the basketball operations staff.’’

Steve Corkran

• dr_robert

I wish we had kaepernick throwing to Pryor. That would be cool.

• lefty12

So a whiner fan stabs a Falcon fan after the game in Atlanta yet the Raider fans get the media’s abuse.What’s with SF fans always getting into trouble at stadiums-home and away?

• dr_robert

Well I guess I’ll be rooting for the niners. I don’t care for ray Lewis or the ravens. I like Jim harbaugh and kaepernick so it’s them.

Either way it’s a white qb of the future!

• morilla

Lefty12 Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:25 pm

=================

Did something go down tonight?

• dr_robert

I wonder if missdick thinks kaepernick is supposed to resent his white parent for slavery.

• The Big Banana

Lefty12 Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:25 pm

—–

Serious?

• Dakota

Lollollollollol

You are no Montana Brady!

• mcfadden20.

lefty12 Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:25 pm

yup it’s the image, city and colors, other fans can do anything but it won’t get a bleep on the media radar

• lefty12

Morilla,yes,a whiner fan stabbed a Falcon fan in the neck after the game.

• mcfadden20.

HAHAHA BrADY Int

• Dakota

That dude has a cast on his hand and plays defense but still catches better than DHB!

• morilla

Dr_robert Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    I bet the families of those two dead guys wish ray Lewis would go out with a bang.

=======

Yeah, you are right on that. I lived about a mile away from that incident when it happened. A lot of shady stuff went on. I still don’t recall all the details about the trial. There’s part of me that believes he was just with the wrong crowd, but there is another part of me that thinks he had something to do with it. And maybe because of that he turned into the god fearing preacher type we see before us.

Whenever people mention that incident it always puts my thoughts ocheck with him.

• Dakota

Lefty12 Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    Morilla,yes,a whiner fan stabbed a Falcon fan in the neck after the game.
    ——

Imagine what he would have done had his team lost!

• RaiderRetribution

No Manning bowl, thankfully; however, there is about to be a Harbaugh Bowl.

• RaiderDebo

Lead-foot pocket passers are a thing of the past. Defenses have caught up. Time to adapt or die.

• mcfadden20.

Whiners fans are just idiots, we don’t even need to look outside the blog to confirm that, just look at MR, priesttj, raiderdebo

• morilla

Dakota Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    Lefty12 Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:28 pm
    Morilla,yes,a whiner fan stabbed a Falcon fan in the neck after the game.
    ——

Imagine what he would have done had his team lost!

=========

Could have been self defense. I’ve been to games there. Imagine a ton of drunk, angry rednecks.

• Raider Riff

Morilla Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

=======

————–

At the very least, Ray Lewis is a snitch. Which makes him about as low a piece of schit as there is.

But I cant bring myself to root for the Niners. No fvcking way.

If not for the Ravens, we’d have either the Donkeys or Brady in the SuperBowl. Dont we owe it to them? How can any self respecting Raider fan root for the Niners. Its not possible.

• Al_is_theraiders

will harbaugh attempt a fake fg against bellicheat? not a chance…he has s little respect for him ow DA….lol

• mcfadden20.

Pats are deflated, 2 from now, whiners fans would be deflated as well

• 505raiders

SB going to be a slobber knocker

haha brady lookin all salty

• mcfadden20.

2 weeks from now

• dr_robert

The civil war! Brother vs. brother. North vs. south. Black qb vs. white qb.

Aww. Just kidding. Lighten up.

• lefty12

Morilla-fist fight,then the whiner fan stabbed the guy.

• Dakota

Too bad this matchup will destroy the harbaugh family.

Oh well, maybe they will make a reality show out of it?

• RaiderRetribution

Raiders should move DHB to TE, he’s a better blocker than Meyers; still needs to take a pay cut though to league minimum.

• mcfadden20.

Ngata almost did Saragusa flop on brady lol

• dr_robert

Speaking of racism, I wonder what ever happened to that moron fangs. He kept popping up under different aliases. Bet he’s in jail or something.

• rediaR

Raider Riff Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:36 pm
    Morilla Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:31 pm
    Dr_robert Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

=======

————–

But I cant bring myself to root for the Niners. No fvcking way.

———————
    Because the niner rivalry isn’t real. Done.

• lefty12

Dr.Rob,you are just as bad as the guy you constantly rail against.Move on to something different.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

Sorry Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    So tired of Pats, Justice has been served!

• jtstretch

GO RAVENS!!!!

• ohioraider

SF and Baltimore franchises are everything the Raiders are not. And we’re not even close. Here’s hoping Mark Davis cleans house.

• Priesttj12

I see this stupid ass troll is still in here pretending to be me.

It’s signals everything that screwed up about these types of forums. You never know exactly who you are talking to.

• Priesttj12

I think it’s Seymour Bush to be honest….

• J Hill

You see Kobe begging the front office to trade someone, Dakota?

Kobe made an indirect plea to LAL’s front office: “Unless they’re going to do something roster-wise, I got to continue to push through it”

• beach

1023. Possibly, and our dumb owner at the time would never have given Jim the opportunity to be our HC!

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Dr_robert Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:41 pm

———————— x
    You should know.

• ohioraider

mcfadden20. Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

——————————-
    Really? You’re calling the NFC champs “whiners” still? I’d say your a nonthinking douchebag. You’re the worst kind of fan, and a real moron to boot. Eat that NFC championship McFadden.

• lefty12

it is Ricochet.

• Priesttj12

Brady is goin’ down and that can’t be bad. This SB will be fun to watch two teams that basically mirror each other. Go Kappy! Jim was one of my favorites prior to taking that job so I’ll have to root for them…

• mcfadden20.

Baltimore should have beaten Patsies last year as well

• Gdog

2 weeks from now
    dr_robert Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

The civil war! Brother vs. brother. North vs. south. Black qb vs. white qb.

Aww. Just kidding. Lighten up.

>>>>

Kap looks like he has a different species to himself… he has one of the most odd looking faces on the planet.

He’s got a hell of an arm though.

• Priesttj12

Oh reall! Thanks Lefty12…

• dr_robert

Lefty–not quite as bad. I’m just messing with some guys. Having a laugh at them.

• Dakota

J Hill Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:45 pm
    You see Kobe begging the front office to trade someone, Dakota?

—–

Trade them all!

• J Hill

I think Kapernicky’s mobility is going to be the difference.

Both teams have great defenses.

Both teams have QBs who can make some throws.

Both have weapons around those QBs.

Kapernicky’s ability to extend the play and make Baltimore account for him as a runner is an advantage.

• Raider Riff

J Hill Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:45 pm
    You see Kobe begging the front office to trade someone, Dakota?

————

Kobe… forever blaming everyone but himself.

Wishes he could be a leader but never takes any responsibility for the play of his TEAM.

He’s no Jordan, that is once again proven. He’s no Magic. He’s no Bird.

Hopefully it will put the myopic Kobe fans in their place for about a year or two. But I dont expect it to last. Kobe’s overrated stature has been proven time and time again and yet the moment the team is doing decent, the Kobe vs MJ talk starts up again.

He’s got Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, and Ron Artest (who’s playing GREAT btw) on his team yet he still wants more talent around him.

Kobe is a fraud.

• beach

Priest, how do they get your account?

• Raider Riff

Dakota Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:49 pm
    J Hill Says:
    January 20th, 2013 at 6:45 pm
    You see Kobe begging the front office to trade someone, Dakota?

—–

Trade them all!

——

How about dumping Kobe while he still has some value. And getting a guy that can lead this team. A guy that understands chemistry and ball movement. A guy who will take this team on his shoulders rather than cry to the front office every time times get tough.