1,392

Allen on NFL Network

A transcript of Raiders coach Dennis Allen on NFL Network A.M as provided by the NFL Network:

On coaching at the Senior Bowl:

“It’s fun. It gives us a great opportunity to get a chance to know these guys, not only to get to know them on the football field but it also gives us an opportunity to see what they’re like behind the scenes. That’s the specific advantage that we get in being able to coach these guys throughout the week.”

On where the Raiders need to improve the most:

“We’ve got a lot of areas that we have to improve on. Specifically, we have to really work to improve some things defensively to give us an opportunity to play defense the way that we want to be able to play defense. There are some pieces in place. Obviously this year we’re not quite as a hamstrung with the draft picks and the salary cap, so we’re going to have a little more flexibility to make a few more moves and do a few more things to help us from a personnel standpoint with our team.”

On quarterbacks Carson Palmer and Terrelle Pryor:

“We’re going to have some competition at that position. Carson Palmer did an outstanding job for us last year. We feel really good about Carson at the quarterback position moving forward, and obviously we want to create competition at all levels of our team; offensively, defensively, in the kicking game. The more competition that you can create, the better your football team is going to be. We’re going to look at that as we’re moving forward, but I feel good about Carson. Terrelle did some nice things in the final game of the season last year, so it’ll be interesting to see how he does as we move forward.”

On the reaction from the Raiders organization regarding Tim Brown’s comments about Bill Callahan:

“We’ve been down here in Mobile and I don’t know that I’ve gotten a real sense from the whole organization exactly what the feel is there. I know this: that was a long time ago. I wasn’t here or a part of the organization, so it’s really hard for me to really speak on that and that situation.”

On the hiring of Tony Sparano:

“He’s an outstanding football coach, first and foremost. I’ve got some really close friends in football that speak very highly of Tony Sparano, and really when I got a chance to watching, the thing that most impressed me about his time in Dallas, about his time there in Miami is that he always had some tough football teams. That’s the thing that I think he can bring to our team, to our offense, is a sense of toughness. As well as a guy who’s been through it; he’s been a head coach in this league, he’s been a coordinator so there are experiences that he can help us all through.”

On if linebacker Rolando McClain has a future with the Raiders:

“Right now he’s part of the football team. He’s on our roster. We’ll let that play out as the offseason goes on.”

On hiring Greg Olson as offensive coordinator:

“Greg is an outstanding football coach, he’s a great football mind. Again, when you go through and you talk to the people within the National Football League and guys that I respect, he was a name that continued to come up to me. When we went through the interview process, I was highly impressed with him and just his thoughts and his philosophies about how he wants to operate the offense and thinking about really trying to fit our offensive scheme to doing some of the things that our playmakers do the best. That’s something that I look forward to.”

On how Greg Olson’s offensive schemes will incorporate Raiders running back Darren McFadden:

“That’s one of the things that we’re going to look at when we get back to Oakland is we’re really going to look at the things that Darren McFadden does really well and we’re going to try to ask him to do those things as much as possible, limit the times that we ask him to do some of the things that he may not be as good at. All of us as players have strengths and weaknesses, and we want to try to play to our best players’ strengths as much as possible.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• morilla

Ball game folks.

• SaintKaufman

TD!

• J Hill

Wasn’t a natural red … OBVIOUSLY.

Looked puerto rican’ish.

Beyonce is not putting a tranny next to her on the big stage peoples.

How could your minds even be in trannyville????

WTF??!!??!!??!!!

• Just Fire Baby

Offensive lineman can’t do that

• Plunketthead

lol there was two redheads. One was pasty white and the other had coco skin which to me is light brown

wow

109 yards!!! niners getting BLOWN OUT

• morilla

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Offensive lineman can’t do that

————–

of course they can’t. Unless they star putting pizza in the opposing endzones.

• J Hill

Ravens are cutting Jones and Boldin this offseason per reports.

• RaidingTexas

Not looking good for my Ravens 3 – SF 0 Super Bowl squares. I can win forward or backward on the numbers. But the options are extremely unlikely from here. Just no easy path to a 3 or 0 for Baltimore.

• Just Fire Baby

IN ABQ this place called Ballio’s did a promotion, buy a TV and if the opening half or 2nd half kickoff is a TD, the TV is free.

That old man is cursing a storm right now

• morilla

J Hill Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:34 pm
    Ravens are cutting Jones and Boldin this offseason per reports.
    ——-

No way, serious?

• J Hill

Offensive lineman can’t do that

—————————————————–

Honey badger #3 overall????

• Plunketthead

Still getting huge YAC. Gotta stop that

• r8eray

power outage!

• J Hill

Complete power outage????

• Plunketthead

faceplant ouch!!

• Stringer Bell

Turn the lights out on niners too.

• stablersbeard

Nice… just like on the Monday night at the stick…

• Plunketthead

Lots of crazy stuff on the web about this game. I hope everything is OK

• RaidingTexas

Vegas behind this power outage?

• Just Fire Baby

Superdome is having bad Hurricane Katrina flashbacks right now.

Hide the women and children!!!

• RaidingTexas

Plunketthead Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    Lots of crazy stuff on the web about this game. I hope everything is OK

——————————————–

Are UN troops ushering the crowd out of the stadium into FEMA camps? Holy crap if the wingnuts were right all along!

• SaintKaufman

Like what????

• Just Fire Baby

All the alcholics in the stadium are LOVING this extra time to drink before the 3rd quarter ends.

• stablersbeard

Looks like they lost the normal service. The emergency stand by would feed about that amount of lights to be able to safely empty the place.

• stablersbeard

Of course, NFL.com doesn’t have a word about it….

• dr_robert

So a 35 minute halftime and now this.

Did missdick turn off the lights so the game can’t go final?

Wait. Is kaepernick “killing palmers career”?

I didn’t think I was gonna enjoy this Super Bowl so much. But just knowing missdick is miserable makes it great.

LMFAO!

• lefty12

Dr-kick rocks.Enough is enough.

• SaintKaufman

Beyonce brought the house down! Literally!

• lefty12

1174-why would they empty the place?

• dr_robert

I’m kinda thinking this game may be killing the wave of the future. Gonna be a lot of “well that really didn’t work, did it?” stuff going on.

• stablersbeard

I’m no fan of that mistic guy either, but leave it alone for awhile. Who cares?
    It’s getting idiotic.

Super bowl is blacked out. That’s the story now….

• RaidingTexas

Plunketthead Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    Lots of crazy stuff on the web about this game. I hope everything is OK

——————————–

Bravo. LOL

• RaidingTexas

Ooops, copied wrong post. Retry:

Just Fire Baby Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:45 pm

——————————————

Bravo. LOL

• dr_robert

Lefty. No. I don’t want to kick rocks. I want to rub it in missdick’s face like he has coming.

• stablersbeard

1179. They design the system so that, in an emergency that kills power, they will have stand by power feeding essential lighting to be able to empty the stadium in an orderly manner.
    I didn’t mean that they’d empty it now. My bad….

• J Hill

You can always skip past certain posters.

• lefty12

Dr,he isn’t here.He hasn’t been here the whole game.If you want to get on the guy at least do it when he is here.

• Just Fire Baby

Not sure why it is considered anything different, Kap has 5 carries in the last 6 quarters.

A carry a quarter? Is that anything new?

• SaintKaufman

Randy Moss is the greatest 49er ever!

• r8eray

RaidingTexas Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm
    Vegas behind this power outage?

======

Just got word, it was the the ‘good guys’ behind the outage!

• lefty12

J Hill.agreed,but C’mon Man!

• Plunketthead

I will sleep well tonight knowing the devil wont be getting sized for a SB ring :smile:

• Plunketthead

harbore is reaming someones butt now

• Just Fire Baby

That was awesome that John was grilling that suit that prob was a Superdome official.

All suits off the field!!!!

• lefty12

I don’t think he likes the fact they are giving the teams all the warm-up time they wish.

• Plunketthead

hate to say it but this is just another sign of infrastructure failing all over the USA

• RaidingTexas

Plunketthead Says:
    February 3rd, 2013 at 6:08 pm

——————————

Bill Maher beat you to that one. :-)

• SaintKaufman

C’mon Baltimore, finish this!

• lefty12

Feed Rice,go deep.Pile it on.

• Plunketthead

third and thirteen and niners have to punt

I plunkdict it will take flacco (the MVP) under three minutes to drive the field for 6 points